Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,905 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:43 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (335) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1732292 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Solatium(m): 9:10pm On Jun 29, 2017
Timmmy:

.Am a salary earner but I am paid in cash. I don't have a good account. am only going to see someone for 5days then come back. I don't have much money just want to see how to cut cost. and is it possible to go by road? if yes how much will it cost me and will I need a visa too? where will I get the bus? thanks

You wan see someone for just 5 days? yet not enough money to get an air ticket,you wan ride on a bus to SA? You sure say you never try Libya before?
I can bet you will not come back if issued a visa

4 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by OmoBendel24: 11:16pm On Jun 29, 2017
Timmmy:

.Am a salary earner but I am paid in cash. I don't have a good account. am only going to see someone for 5days then come back. I don't have much money just want to see how to cut cost. and is it possible to go by road? if yes how much will it cost me and will I need a visa too? where will I get the bus? thanks

shocked Ekenedili Chukwu from Mile 2, Lagos.... undecided

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by OmoBendel24: 11:17pm On Jun 29, 2017
Solatium:

You wan see someone for just 5 days? yet not enough money to get an air ticket,you wan ride on a bus to SA? You sure say you never try Libya before?

Obvious.... #Shrugs

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:30am On Jun 30, 2017
Solatium:

why won't I come back to nigeria? I have many reasons why I will not stay back. I only book 5 days I might not stay upto that. Am only trying to see the difference. why not give me the information I requested and live the rest for me. thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:34am On Jun 30, 2017
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Chukwuka16: 7:04am On Jun 30, 2017
I do not think any of us here is a visa officer. Rather than assuming things becos u have been opportuned to leave Nigeria's shores, provide the guy with the info requested and offer any piece of advice politely. Not everyone is as knowledgeable in stuffs as travel especially first time travellers. And @Timmmy pls use the visa (if given) for the purpose intended and return as indicated. Flouting visa rules or intending to emigrate illegally apart from being a serious offence is also a gateway to a life of perpetual fear and poverty since one is not a legal resident there.

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by NaGodwin: 9:05am On Jun 30, 2017
U obviously didn't read before commenting, his salary doesn't go into his account (no prove of income), he doesn't have a reasonable account balance and he wants to go on vacation for 5 days, does it make sense to you? Polite Chukwuka dat doesn't assume things, pls advise him on how to apply for the visa and get it, u can also give him your bank statement and write a letter to state that you are his sponsor. Goodmorning Sir.

Chukwuka16:
I do not think any of us here is a visa officer. Rather than assuming things becos u have been opportuned to leave Nigeria's shores, provide the guy with the info requested and offer any piece of advice politely. Not everyone is as knowledgeable in stuffs as travel especially first time travellers. And @Timmmy pls use the visa (if given) for the purpose intended and return as indicated. Flouting visa rules or intending to emigrate illegally apart from being a serious offence is also a gateway to a life of perpetual fear and poverty since one is not a legal resident there.

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Solatium(m): 10:31am On Jun 30, 2017
Chukwuka16:

How do I reply you? may be you should first click on his name and look at the topics the guy has been involved in,this same guy was looking for fake Waec/Neco certificate to gain admission,he is a crook...Simple
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Solatium(m): 10:34am On Jun 30, 2017
Timmmy:

why won't I come back to nigeria? I have many reasons why I will not stay back. I only book 5 days I might not stay upto that. Am only trying to see the difference. why not give me the information I requested and live the rest for me. thanks

The minimum requirement is that you must have a job or business to your name with proof,a functioning account with fairly okay closing balance,An invitation/Hotel reservation,A Yellow card and above all An unpaid flight reservation not a Bus Ticket and if you eventually get the VISA there is no bus route to SA
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Chukwuka16: 11:50am On Jun 30, 2017
Nice answer.

Solatium:

The minimum requirement is that you must have a job or business to your name with proof,a functioning account with fairly okay closing balance,An invitation/Hotel reservation,A Yellow card and above all An unpaid flight reservation not a Bus Ticket and if you eventually get the VISA there is no bus route to SA

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Duchessitua: 11:56am On Jun 30, 2017
OK. . . good morning. . . my name is happiness Ayomide, I am a bachelor degree holder in linguistics (English major), don't know if it will be possible getting a teaching job in a primary school in Durban; I have more three years experience in teaching children both secondary and primary. Can you please assist me?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by welf99: 12:46pm On Jun 30, 2017
Duchessitua:
OK. . . good morning. . . my name is happiness Ayomide, I am a bachelor degree holder in linguistics (English major), don't know if it will be possible getting a teaching job in a primary school in Durban; I have more three years experience in teaching children both secondary and primary. Can you please assist me?
Teaching jobs are available in South Africa, but critical in the STEM field. but for you to practice as a teacher in SA you need to Join relevant professional bodies in your field and also get certified by them, you need SAQA and working permit. Getting a teaching job is not the first step and no employer will be willing to employ where these basics.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by liv123: 5:20pm On Jun 30, 2017
Hi all
I was given one year Visa my question is how long can I stay be traveling?

Can I stay up to 3months before traveling after receiving my Visa?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by forap(m): 11:40pm On Jun 30, 2017
Please can someone guide me on how to obtain a Critical Skills visa to SA, thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chima1978: 10:34am On Jul 01, 2017
Anyone who applied for a visitors visa June 1st or before still waiting for a response from the SA embassy? Please let me know!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by liv123: 11:50am On Jul 01, 2017
liv123:
Hi all
I was given one year Visa my question is how long can I stay be traveling?

Can I stay up to 3months before traveling after receiving my Visa?

SOMEBOSY SHOULD HELP AND ANSWER MY QUESTION PLS
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jul 01, 2017
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by alausa11: 11:23pm On Jul 01, 2017
Pls I need ur advice, am an unemployed graduate, who just got admitted to a university in SA.. already av a sponsor, just wondering the minimum amount in the bank statement and also hope I wouldn't be rejected due to the fact dat it's a master programme and I don't av a job.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Bimpkus1: 12:55pm On Jul 02, 2017
chima1978:
Anyone who applied for a visitors visa June 1st or before still waiting for a response from the SA embassy? Please let me know!
I applied on 1st of June 2017 still expecting. What is d issue..anybody wt valid answer.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by alausa11: 1:13pm On Jul 02, 2017
intrinsicniyi:

No 8, ****************
Lagos State,
Nigeria.
1st February 2017

The Consular General,
South African High Commission,
Lagos,
Nigeria.

Dear Sir/Ma

LETTER OF SELF – INTRODUCTION

I, ************** with (Passport Number: **********), who lives in No ************ hereby tender my letter of self – introduction in support of my application for a study permit in the Republic of South Africa. I am a young enthusiastic graduate of ******* from the prestigious Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife, Nigeria. With dogged determination for excellence, I finished my undergraduate studies among the top 1% of my class and graduated with a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 83%. I have keen interest in problem solving, knowledge acquisition and research.

My purpose of writing this letter is to inform you of my intent to pursue my graduate studies in the Republic of South Africa which I am planning to depart Nigeria on the 24th of February 2017 and arrive upon the successful completion of my studies in December, 2020 – as stated in my “admission offer from the Faculty of Engineering, University of Johannesburg”. In addition, as a Global Excellence Stature Scholar of the University of Johannesburg; my tuition fee, accommodation as well as living expenses will be taken care of by the scholarship grant during this period.

I would be glad for all courtesies extended to me in the Application for a Study Permit to the Republic of South Africa.

Yours Faithfully,
Your name,
Passport No: *********

Phone No: **********

WISH YOU SUCCESS!!!

Pls I need your help am about applying for a study visa, wat is the processing time, the school resumes 24 of. July.. $
Bimpkus1:
I applied on 1st of June 2017 still expecting. What is d issue..anybody wt valid answer.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by intrinsicniyi(m): 1:38pm On Jul 02, 2017
alausa11:

Pls I need your help am about applying for a study visa, wat is the processing time, the school resumes 24 of. July.. $

Hello, Good day and trust you're doing very fine. I can't really say what d visa processing timeframe is as it varies for MSc & Phd applicants. E.g. I applied on d same day with 2 other PhD applicants, their visa came out a week b4 mine. #Technically, prepare for atmost 15 working days (...this is jst a plausible timeline, it can be lesser).

Wish you a successful visa application.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by alausa11: 2:37pm On Jul 02, 2017
intrinsicniyi:

Hello, Good day and trust you're doing very fine. I can't really say what d visa processing timeframe is as it varies for MSc & Phd applicants. E.g. I applied on d same day with 2 other PhD applicants, their visa came out a week b4 mine. #Technically, prepare for atmost 15 working days (...this is jst a plausible timeline, it can be lesser).

Wish you a successful visa application.

Thanks... Really appreciate, is the time frame for abuja or lagos application center?. just want the fastest application center
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chima1978: 3:07pm On Jul 02, 2017
Bimpkus1:
I applied on the same day and its still being processed. i just wanted to know if anyone who applied around that time had received theirs back. Let me know when you get yours back.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by intrinsicniyi(m): 8:11pm On Jul 02, 2017
alausa11:

Thanks... Really appreciate, is the time frame for abuja or lagos application center?. just want the fastest application center

Lagos.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by solistic: 2:29pm On Jul 03, 2017
Hello all the SA gurus in the house, especially those at UKZN, I want to ask you a couple of questions with respect to accommodation at UKZN. I need some advise and I will appreciate if I can be guided.
(1) As a PhD student, I am considering to stay in an accommodation either close to Westville or Howard Campus. Which one will you advise and why.
(2) What is the cost implications of renting a one bedroom apartment(i.e. apartment has one bedroom, one living room often joined with the kitchen in an open plan setting.)
(3) Which of the 2 areas is the safest?

@Chukwuka16, @samuelUMOH,@femiaction and other veterans. Please advise. Many thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Chukwuka16: 3:08pm On Jul 03, 2017
@ solistic I replied your pm.

I can only speak of school accommodation at Westville campus. The cost is around ZAR 25899 (for the complete session excluding holidays) and ZAR 1602 (for the current holidays - around 89 Rands/day). It is close to school and safe. Furthermore, I have the convenience of going to office at odd hours without fear.

The downside however are:
1. Sharing conveniences (toilet and bathroom) with other folks. The cleaners however come around everyday excluding weekends and public holidays.
2. Sharing kitchen with other folks. I haven't had a problem since other options do exist and besides the cleaners do a fine job keeping it clean.

3. Noise from other flatmates. Well it's normal since reading isn't primarily intended to be done at the residence.

4. Using the laundromat would involve you keeping an eye on it to see when there is less pressure. Most times during odd hours.

For off campus/private accommodation, the downside from interaction with my colleagues are basically:
1. Mobility - since it does involve some trekking to get out of school and the buses movement isn't really timed. They move when they get filled or as the spirit leads (lol).

2. Safety - there have been cases of muggings at night close to some spots. Cases of stolen laptops, phones and other valuables.

Factors that might affect your choice of residence - primary campus of research and mobility.

I hope this helps. If anything does pop in, I would modify.

I believe the bosses in the house would throw more light.

Regards and congrats in advance!

solistic:
Hello all the SA gurus in the house, especially those at UKZN, I want to ask you a couple of questions with respect to accommodation at UKZN. I need some advise and I will appreciate if I can be guided.
(1) As a PhD student, I am considering to stay in an accommodation either close to Westville or Howard Campus. Which one will you advise and why.
(2) What is the cost implications of renting a one bedroom apartment(i.e. apartment has one bedroom, one living room often joined with the kitchen in an open plan setting.)
(3) Which of the 2 areas is the safest?

@Chukwuka16, @samuelUMOH,@femiaction and other veterans. Please advise. Many thanks.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jul 03, 2017
Thecassanova:

Big Red flag. Was his passport stamped red?

His documents would be more scrutinized this time. I hope he's not thinking of using a forged one again. He should just forget about applying for the next one year sef. He should not waste application money. If he wants to apply he has to address why he used a forged statement of account in the first place.

In Summary his chances of been rejected again is greater than 50/50.
thank you saw your message late
No his passport wasn't stamped red
And he is not planning to use fake bank statement again
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by nigeriainfo: 7:29pm On Jul 03, 2017
what do you want to know?

(1) (2) (3) ... (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.