Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,354 members, 7,815,750 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:35 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (336) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1732058 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by callondaddy: 7:59am On Jul 04, 2017
Solatium:
[/color][color=#000099]

it simply indicate your passport is ready pickup,go there to retrieve your passport

Hello I went to pick up my passport last week and unfortunately I and my fam was denied reason stated was that the document lack credibility was thick. I used my company account and also my personal bank account. My company has a balance of 43M and I was still denied. What could be the course of this someone told me they just decided to deny me on their personal reasons. What should I do. I really want to take my fam on holls in Johannesburg
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Solatium(m): 9:37am On Jul 04, 2017
callondaddy:

Hello I went to pick up my passport last week and unfortunately I and my fam was denied reason stated was that the document lack credibility was thick. I used my company account and also my personal bank account. My company has a balance of 43M and I was still denied. What could be the course of this someone told me they just decided to deny me on their personal reasons. What should I do. I really want to take my fam on holls in Johannesburg

1.Did you include CAC form co2 and co7 ?

2.was it invitation from a resident or a hotel reservations?

3.If hotel reservations who and how did you obtained your reservations?

All these are also part of the required documents,not only your company account balance
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chima1978: 10:49am On Jul 04, 2017
callondaddy:

Sorry to hear that. How long did you have to wait before you got a response from the Embassy to pick up your passport?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 11:03am On Jul 04, 2017
solistic:
Hello all the SA gurus in the house, especially those at UKZN, I want to ask you a couple of questions with respect to accommodation at UKZN. I need some advise and I will appreciate if I can be guided.
(1) As a PhD student, I am considering to stay in an accommodation either close to Westville or Howard Campus. Which one will you advise and why.
(2) What is the cost implications of renting a one bedroom apartment(i.e. apartment has one bedroom, one living room often joined with the kitchen in an open plan setting.)
(3) Which of the 2 areas is the safest?

@Chukwuka16, @samuelUMOH,@femiaction and other veterans. Please advise. Many thanks.
Depend on your program . Choose accommodation close to your dept / supervisor .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by geekybabe(f): 12:31pm On Jul 04, 2017
solistic:
Hello all the SA gurus in the house, especially those at UKZN, I want to ask you a couple of questions with respect to accommodation at UKZN. I need some advise and I will appreciate if I can be guided.
(1) As a PhD student, I am considering to stay in an accommodation either close to Westville or Howard Campus. Which one will you advise and why.
(2) What is the cost implications of renting a one bedroom apartment(i.e. apartment has one bedroom, one living room often joined with the kitchen in an open plan setting.)
(3) Which of the 2 areas is the safest?

@Chukwuka16, @samuelUMOH,@femiaction and other veterans. Please advise. Many thanks.

1.Which of d campuses is your dept located? Stay close to your dept /supervisor

2. Houses are cheaper around westville campus compared to Howard. But Howard is more central and within town. Westville self con could be btwn 2100-2500 rands. Howard could be btwn 3000-3500 rands and could be without light and water. A miniflat with a sitting room might go for like 4k rands in howard/glenmore axis..exclusive of light and water

3. Durban is a place where u generally have to be security conscious.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by solistic: 2:37pm On Jul 04, 2017
Many thanks @Chukuwka16 for your detailed response. I saw your PM and have responded.
Chukwuka16:
@ solistic I replied your pm.

I can only speak of school accommodation at Westville campus. The cost is around ZAR 25899 (for the complete session excluding holidays) and ZAR 1602 (for the current holidays - around 89 Rands/day). It is close to school and safe. Furthermore, I have the convenience of going to office at odd hours without fear.

The downside however are:
1. Sharing conveniences (toilet and bathroom) with other folks. The cleaners however come around everyday excluding weekends and public holidays.
2. Sharing kitchen with other folks. I haven't had a problem since other options do exist and besides the cleaners do a fine job keeping it clean.

3. Noise from other flatmates. Well it's normal since reading isn't primarily intended to be done at the residence.

4. Using the laundromat would involve you keeping an eye on it to see when there is less pressure. Most times during odd hours.

For off campus/private accommodation, the downside from interaction with my colleagues are basically:
1. Mobility - since it does involve some trekking to get out of school and the buses movement isn't really timed. They move when they get filled or as the spirit leads (lol).

2. Safety - there have been cases of muggings at night close to some spots. Cases of stolen laptops, phones and other valuables.

Factors that might affect your choice of residence - primary campus of research and mobility.

I hope this helps. If anything does pop in, I would modify.

I believe the bosses in the house would throw more light.

Regards and congrats in advance!

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by solistic: 2:42pm On Jul 04, 2017
Thanks a lot Samtol4. My dept/Supervisor's office is at Westville. So, I might have to consider that. Also, I am coming with my 2 years plus child,
so I need a place close to a good preschool.
samtol4:
Depend on your program . Choose accommodation close to your dept / supervisor .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by solistic: 2:47pm On Jul 04, 2017
Many thanks @geekybabe for the details in your response. My dept/supervisor is in Westville. Please what is the average monthly rate for light and water in glenmore axis?
geekybabe:

1.Which of d campuses is your dept located? Stay close to your dept /supervisor

2. Houses are cheaper around westville campus compared to Howard. But Howard is more central and within town. Westville self con could be btwn 2100-2500 rands. Howard could be btwn 3000-3500 rands and could be without light and water. A miniflat with a sitting room might go for like 4k rands in howard/glenmore axis..exclusive of light and water

3. Durban is a place where u generally have to be security conscious.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ife01(m): 4:16pm On Jul 04, 2017
Hi
For the sake of your child, it's important you consider getting an accommodation on/not so far from a taxi route. Transportation could be terrible.
Since your Supervisor is on the Westville campus, it's better you stay around. There are quite a number of good preschools around.
Cheers.

solistic:
Thanks a lot Samtol4. My dept/Supervisor's office is at Westville. So, I might have to consider that. Also, I am coming with my 2 years plus child,
so I need a place close to a good preschool.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by geekybabe(f): 4:55pm On Jul 04, 2017
solistic:
Many thanks @geekybabe for the details in your response. My dept/supervisor is in Westville. Please what is the average monthly rate for light and water in glenmore axis?

It varies. It will be more now in winter cos pple will use heaters and geysers more. Lets say between 250 to 400 per month. Depending on your house.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by otunbabadok(m): 5:08pm On Jul 04, 2017
Please reply to this is urgent, can I book my flight ticket at www.travelstart com.ng
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by otunbabadok(m): 12:24pm On Jul 05, 2017
This place is dry
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ife01(m): 1:49pm On Jul 05, 2017
Yes, you can. Travelstart, Wakanow, Cheapflights are all legitimate sources you can use.

otunbabadok:
Please reply to this is urgent, can I book my flight ticket at www.travelstart com.ng
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by iWise(m): 6:40pm On Jul 05, 2017
ife01:
Hi
For the sake of your child, it's important you consider getting an accommodation on/not so far from a taxi route. Transportation could be terrible.
Since your Supervisor is on the Westville campus, it's better you stay around. There are quite a number of good preschools around.
Cheers.

You don't have to stay in Westville. Staying close to Howard college is also fine. During my Masters program at UKZN, I lived in Manor gardens close to Howard college and took the Campus shuttle to Westville campus on a daily basis. Mind you, this bus service is free and it's scheduling is quite friendly.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by iWise(m): 6:44pm On Jul 05, 2017
solistic:

Please be advised that Glenmore is closer to Howard college than Westville college. Living in Glenmore, in my own opinion is not very safe. This is because the roads are lonely and one can be very vulnerable to muggings.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by geekybabe(f): 1:06am On Jul 06, 2017
iWise:

Please be advised that Glenmore is closer to Howard college than Westville college. Living in Glenmore, in my own opinion is not very safe. This is because the roads are lonely and one can be very vulnerable to muggings.

Not entirely true. I have heard of more muggings in westville dan i have heard in glenmore. The fact is just be security conscious. Glenmore has regularly patrolling security agents as it is a major residential area for families and not just students.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by larrywax: 1:52am On Jul 06, 2017
@ Thecassanova, Geekybabe, Femiaction, SamuelUmoh, Welf99, Alausa11, Chukwuka16, Samtol, Solistic, iWise and all other gurus...

I salute you all for your time and contributions on here...

I have a sister who just graduated in Medical Laboratory Science(B.MLS) and has a licence to practice and now she is willing to relocate to SA to practice and study.

Please, can u all advice on how best she can go about this on schooling(M.Sc and Schools with low tuition/scholarships) and opportunity of getting employed?

Note: She also has a Degree in Microbiology(B.Sc).

Thanks to u all
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by iWise(m): 8:26am On Jul 06, 2017
larrywax:
@ Thecassanova, Geekybabe, Femiaction, SamuelUmoh, Welf99, Alausa11, Chukwuka16, Samtol, Solistic, iWise and all other gurus...

I have a sister who just graduated in Medical Laboratory Science(B.MLS) and has a licence to practice and now she is willing to relocate to SA to practice and study.

Please, can u all advice on how best she can go about this on schooling(M.Sc and Schools with low tuition/scholarships) and opportunity of getting employed?

Thanks to u all

The college of health sciences of UKZN will gladly take her provided she meets the admission criteria. Note that MSc in any discipline in the afore-stated college is at least a two year program and offer fee remission for at most two years. I thing her chosen profession falls under critical skills, and as such she should easily get a critical skills visa if she registers with the relevant professional bodies in SA and has sufficient work experience.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Thecassanova: 1:12pm On Jul 06, 2017
larrywax:

Thanks to u all

First step is SAQA, she probably be rated NQF 8. Then She apply for MSc, if CV and records is uptight she can get a good supervisor willing to cover some of her cost or even full tuition.

Once she get Study permit and arrive at SA, she can however work for 80hrs/month. Within a year or two she can apply for critical skills.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Thecassanova: 1:18pm On Jul 06, 2017
greyboy5000:
thank you saw your message late
No his passport wasn't stamped red
And he is not planning to use fake bank statement again
The post was initially hidden and I was banned from Travel section for 24hrs. I don't know what was wrong in that post.

It Better be genuine this time and he should explain why he used a fake one in the first place.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jul 06, 2017
Thecassanova:

The post was initially hidden and I was banned from Travel section for 24hrs. I don't know what was wrong in that post.

It Better be genuine this time and he should explain why he used a fake one in the first place.
thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by larrywax: 2:31pm On Jul 06, 2017
Thank bro. Can u advice on any particular School?

Thecassanova:

First step is SAQA, she probably be rated NQF 8. Then She apply for MSc, if CV and records is uptight she can get a good supervisor willing to cover some of her cost or even full tuition.

Once she get Study permit and arrive at SA, she can however work for 80hrs/month. Within a year or two she can apply for critical skills.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by larrywax: 2:32pm On Jul 06, 2017
Thanks for your response.

iWise:

The college of health sciences of UKZN will gladly take her provided she meets the admission criteria. Note that MSc in any discipline in the afore-stated college is at least a two year program and offer fee remission for at most two years. I thing her chosen profession falls under critical skills, and as such she should easily get a critical skills visa if she registers with the relevant professional bodies in SA and has sufficient work experience.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by pizonewave: 6:00pm On Jul 06, 2017
Hello Guys, Been ages i heard from Oga Justwise. i Hope he is ok.

For those who have applied for tourist visas through Lagos, and are yet to get a response or feedback on thier application, i would advise you call (01-4612067, 01-4612051) the Consulate and worry them. As their delay can be annoying.

I submitted mine in the first week of June, and had to call them this week to lay a complaint. Thankfully they eventually issued it and i picked it up today.

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 6:47pm On Jul 06, 2017
geekybabe:

Not entirely true. I have heard of more muggings in westville dan i have heard in glenmore. The fact is just be security conscious. Glenmore has regularly patrolling security agents as it is a major residential area for families and not just students.
Glenmore may not be the best for her since supervisor is at Westville .moreso Glenmore upper area always quiet and lonely I won't advise new comer to stay there especially with a child . Rent a room / self contained in a complex that is well secure . Weather Howard or Westville ,crime rate in SA is extremely high . You will be watchful and advoid walking at night pending when you master the environment .Above all safety is in God he will shield her from evil
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by solistic: 7:12pm On Jul 06, 2017
Thanks a lot for your input. I will put into consideration.
ife01:
Hi
Cheers.

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by solistic: 7:18pm On Jul 06, 2017
Thanks for your input. I will surely put that into consideration.
iWise:

You don't have to stay in Westville. Staying close to Howard college is also fine. During my Masters program at UKZN, I lived in Manor gardens close to Howard college and took the Campus shuttle to Westville campus on a daily basis. Mind you, this bus service is free and it's scheduling is quite friendly.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tkovie2002(m): 8:58am On Jul 07, 2017
pizonewave:
Hello Guys, Been ages i heard from Oga Justwise. i Hope he is ok.

For those who have applied for tourist visas through Lagos, and are yet to get a response or feedback on thier application, i would advise you call (01-4612067, 01-4612051) the Consulate and worry them. As their delay can be annoying.

I submitted mine in the first week of June, and had to call them this week to lay a complaint. Thankfully they eventually issued it and i picked it up today.

Thanks. My passport has been there since 6th of June. I'll call them today.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Thecassanova: 11:55am On Jul 07, 2017
larrywax:
Thank bro. Can u advice on any particular School?

UKZN,UCT,WIts,UP, SU, UWC, DUT,CPUT,UJ just maximize your choices.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Lukgaf(m): 12:01pm On Jul 07, 2017
Please where exactly will I go for applying for visa and can I go this Thursday

(1) (2) (3) ... (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.