Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,589 members, 7,812,920 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:29 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (401) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1729650 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Joast13(m): 12:30pm On May 11, 2018
Hello house, I have a return ticket for Lagos by 27 December. I need suggestion as to how I can get it sold as I don't intend to utilize the ticket
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 12:57pm On May 11, 2018
hayohorje:
Good evening, I was denied a visit visa sometimes in January and I intend to apply again... On the form there is a question if I have been restricted or refused entry into South Africa before.... Please does denial of visa amount to being refused or restricted entry .thanks

The answer to that question is YES, denied/refused is the same thing, if you ticked NO then get ready for another refusal and possibly a ban because that is misrepresentation.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:53pm On May 11, 2018
Hello bro, please can you share your experience with me? Did u use any agent and how much did u pay for the visas? can u also share with me what bank statement is better to use? thanks in anticipation.
ERIN01:
Gud evening Houx, it's been years i last commented on this forum and had forgotten my login details

I just re-created another login now and wana appreciate all you guys in here,i read and carefully followed your talks in my family holiday visa application to SA...I submitted on the 30/April...May 1st was public holiday , i tracked on the 7th of May and it says available for pickup...Today 8th of May i picked up and thanks to God myself,wife and daughter were granted our visas

It took just 4 working days for all this to happen
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ERIN01: 3:36pm On May 11, 2018
Kaleydd2000:
Hello bro, please can you share your experience with me? Did u use any agent and how much did u pay for the visas? can u also share with me what bank statement is better to use? thanks in anticipation.

@kaleydd2000...
No i did not use any agent..i did it myslf.
For visa fees i planned 35k naira each,upon getting there at 9am we were told qouta had been completed so i opted for premiom service which added 10k to my whole fee,10k to my wife's fee and 5k to my daugthers fee....in total i paid 128k naira for 2 adult and a child.
I submmited my personal salary statement and even though we stated i wld be responsible for our trip i still sybmitted my wifes personal salary statement as well

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by wealthkata: 6:55pm On May 11, 2018
prof1999:
BRO,THE MESSAGE IS CRYSTAL CLEAR. YOUR APP IS READY FOR COLLECTION. AND YOU CAN'T KNOW IF GRANTED OR NOT UNTIL YOU COLLECT. DID YOU PAY FOR UPS ?

Good evening, Please i received my passport this morning, nothing was in it not even a sheet of paper aside the receipt of payment. I am really confused, can you please shed light on what could have happened to my application.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ERIN01: 7:15pm On May 11, 2018
wealthkata:

Good evening, Please i received my passport this morning, nothing was in it not even a sheet of paper aside the receipt of payment. I am really confused, can you please shed light on what could have happened to my application.

@WEALTHKATA...
I think you would need to contact the SA embassy
A mistake must ave occured..based on my experience at d VFS centre ..only passport with visas in it had a small receipt of payment,passport without visas had no receipt but an A4 size paper with reason of refusal
U may have been approved ur visa but a mixup
Try call the SA embassy explain u had a small reciept in ur passport n no visa in it nor a refusal letter...Gud Luck
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by geekybabe(f): 8:08pm On May 11, 2018
Joast13:
Hello house, I have a return ticket for Lagos by 27 December. I need suggestion as to how I can get it sold as I don't intend to utilize the ticket

You can't sell it if you av your name attached to the ticket. You can only claim part of your money back if it's a refundable ticket.

This can only work If you av not used the ticket b4. If you av flown the first leg, you won't get a dime back.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Lee310: 8:59pm On May 11, 2018
The answer is NO. Reason being he wasn't issued visa at all and was not denied entry at the port of entry.

justwise:
[/b]

The answer to that question is YES, denied/refused is the same thing, if you ticked NO then get ready for another refusal and possibly a ban because that is misrepresentation.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cydophobia(m): 2:05pm On May 12, 2018
Hi Guys.

I need someone to shed more light on submitting Visa Application.

Am i suppose to book ahead or i need to go to their office for submission?

If am booking ahead for submission, how do i go about it?

Please somebody should talk to me.

Thank you.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:20pm On May 12, 2018
Thanks for your swift response bro. Were u interviewed and what were d questions asked? What was d balance on ur account when u printed ur statement which u presented? Did u fill d online form or hard copy? Did u get an invitation from someone over there? Or did u do hotel reservations and how pls? I hope my questions are not too many, I just wanted to be properly guided. Though have been to Austria b4, in the year 2015.quote author=ERIN01 post=67473856]

@kaleydd2000...
For visa fees i planned 35k naira each,upon getting there at 9am we were told qouta had been completed so i opted for premiom service which added 10k to my whole fee,10k to my wife's fee and 5k to my daugthers fee....in total i paid 128k naira for 2 adult and a child.
I submmited my personal salary statement and even though we stated i wld be responsible for our trip i still sybmitted my wifes personal salary statement as well[/quote]
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:23pm On May 12, 2018
What's happening at the SA embassy, long stay permit hasn't be known to stay this long. Entering the 10th week, no news, nothing
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ERIN01: 4:35pm On May 12, 2018
cydophobia:
Hi Guys.

I need someone to shed more light on submitting Visa Application.

Am i suppose to book ahead or i need to go to their office for submission?

If am booking ahead for submission, how do i go about it?

Please somebody should talk to me.

Thank you.

@Cydophobia
Well, immedately after the public holidays
Submittion method had changed..B4 the public holidays u wld need to get there as early as possible say b4 7am ..u wld meet the days quota n just submit
Now u wld need to go early with ur passport in order to pick a submittion date..at d said submittion date u wld submit ur documents
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ERIN01: 4:48pm On May 12, 2018
Kaleydd2000:
Thanks for your swift response bro. Were u interviewed and what were d questions asked? What was d balance on ur account when u printed ur statement which u presented? Did u fill d online form or hard copy? Did u get an invitation from someone over there? Or did u do hotel reservations and how pls? I hope my questions are not too many, I just wanted to be properly guided. Though have been to Austria b4, in the year 2015.quote author=ERIN01 post=67473856]

@kaleydd2000...
I submmited my personal salary statement and even though we stated i wld be responsible for our trip i still sybmitted my wifes personal salary statement as well

@Kaleydd2000
No i wasn't interviewed..i only submitted all my documents (all genuine documents) i bet they know when u include forged documents as i saw many people's refusal papers.

My salary statment was above 2.5m naira and my wife's salary statement was abive 500k naira

I filled an hardcopy form mandatory with only black pen

I used an hotel reservation...i checked for hotels n contacted then directly making sure they had good cancellation policy incase of visa deniel bf making part payment

Having been to Austria b4 shld b a plus for u if u still have d passport with you..i went there with my old passport n visas including my new passport, even though VFS did not take it atleast they sited d original b4 collecting copies,virtually ur bank statment is d only original dat is collected..u wld go there with original and copies as copies wld b taking n originals giving back to you.....

I hope i gave u enough info as u have requested...gud luck with ur application
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cydophobia(m): 7:32pm On May 12, 2018
Thank you so much.
If am not mistaken, I have to go to submission centre twice?
The first day is to go to their office with my passport and book for date of submission and second day is to go with passport and documents for submission right?.

ERIN01:

@Cydophobia
Submittion method had changed..B4 the public holidays u wld need to get there as early as possible say b4 7am ..u wld meet the days quota n just submit
Now u wld need to go early with ur passport in order to pick a submittion date..at d said submittion date u wld submit ur documents
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:54pm On May 12, 2018
Thanks so much for the swift reply. Did u submit ur application here in Lagos or Abuja? Is it a must to use vfsglobal? Did u say u made part payment for the hotels b4 ur visa was issued? quote author=ERIN01 post=67502074]

@Kaleydd2000
No i wasn't interviewed..i only submitted all my documents (all genuine documents) i bet they know when u include forged documents as i saw many people's refusal papers.

My salary statment was above 2.5m naira and my wife's salary statement was abive 500k naira

I used an hotel reservation...i checked for hotels n contacted then directly making sure they had good cancellation policy incase of visa deniel bf making part payment

Having been to Austria b4 shld b a plus for u if u still have d passport with you..i went there with my old passport n visas including my new passport, even though VFS did not take it atleast they sited d original b4 collecting copies,virtually ur bank statment is d only original dat is collected..u wld go there with original and copies as copies wld b taking n originals giving back to you.....

[/quote]
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ERIN01: 1:24am On May 13, 2018
cydophobia:
Thank you so much.
If am not mistaken, I have to go to submission centre twice?
The first day is to go to their office with my passport and book for date of submission and second day is to go with passport and documents for submission right?.

Yes ...very correct
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ERIN01: 1:27am On May 13, 2018
Kaleydd2000:
Thanks so much for the swift reply. Did u submit ur application here in Lagos or Abuja? Is it a must to use vfsglobal? Did u say u made part payment for the hotels b4 ur visa was issued? quote author=ERIN01 post=67502074]

@Kaleydd2000

Lagos

Yes a must to use vfs

Yes i did..most direct hotel wld charge ur card ...n refund 100% if u cancel according to a swift time incase of visa denial...u might b lucky to find direct who wld not charge u...some wld atleast xharge u for first night
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:54am On May 13, 2018
Thanks bro. Have u gotten French/UK visa b4? And are these our bank balances OK for it? Good morning. quote author=ERIN01 post=67512568]

Lagos

Yes a must to use vfs

Yes i did..most direct hotel wld charge ur card ...n refund 100% if u cancel according to a swift time incase of visa denial...u might b lucky to find direct who wld not charge u...some wld atleast xharge u for first night[/quote]
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cydophobia(m): 7:18am On May 13, 2018
Thanks Boss.
ERIN01:

Yes ...very correct
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ERIN01: 8:06am On May 13, 2018
Kaleydd2000:
Thanks bro. Have u gotten French/UK visa b4? And are these our bank balances OK for it? Good morning. quote author=ERIN01 post=67512568]

Lagos

Yes a must to use vfs

Yes i did..most direct hotel wld charge ur card ...n refund 100% if u cancel according to a swift time incase of visa denial...u might b lucky to find direct who wld not charge u...some wld atleast xharge u for first night

@kaleydd2000

I don't get ur question in full, but to attempt.
No i haven't gotten French/Uk visas b4,
Though wld probably b looking in those countries direction for d summer holidays.
From my point of view i don't think balance of an account determines d whole success of a financial point of a visa it may though carry some weight..i think wat matters most is the inflow..if u are consistent on a particular salary for months common sense shld think dat dis person has a stable income even if for some reasons balance is not on a high side...ur life style n save ups shows on ur statement of account
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:57am On May 13, 2018
Thanks and God bless. Yes I have stable inflows which is my salary and other income from d small informal biz I do. ote author=ERIN01 post=67515807]

@kaleydd2000

I don't get ur question in full, but to attempt.
No i haven't gotten French/Uk visas b4,
Though wld probably b looking in those countries direction for d summer holidays.
From my point of view i don't think balance of an account determines d whole success of a financial point of a visa it may though carry some weight..i think wat matters most is the inflow..if u are consistenr months common sense shld think dat dis person has a stable income even if for some reasons balance is not on a high side...ur life style n save ups shows on ur statement of account[/quote]
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by prof1999(m): 2:45pm On May 13, 2018
wealthkata:

OPEN THE PASSPORT'S PASSAGES, AND CHECK IT'S OBVIOUS IF GIVEN. OR IS THERE ANYSTAMP?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by goldenlolo: 11:01pm On May 14, 2018
Thank you Prof1999 for your help when I consulted you.
Visa granted after three days processing.
Submitted on Wednesday, got a late message on Friday for pick up.
Gracias.
With all the contributions of the gurus on this thread, I can vouch with everything in me, one can do the application without paying any agent.
Thanks to God
Thank you nairaland people.
Grateful heart.
Cheers!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by abdullahi45: 12:56am On May 16, 2018
graciousme:
Okay, Thank you for the response. Are you sure Nigeria Mastercard would work?

Sure i paid with my Gtbank mastercard then
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by abdullahi45: 12:58am On May 16, 2018
callysea:
So, anyone needs Rands for Naira?

Yeah pm me please. Can wear trade?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by abdullahi45: 1:03am On May 16, 2018
topeolu1:
You may have to look at Universities of technology as the conventional ones will not accept that rating for Msc....... From experience. The reason why they rate Nigerian degrees as such is still not clear.
There believe is that their standard is better than ours, so they rate our 4yrs degree equivalent to their 3yrs UG, and our 5yrs degree equivalent to 3yrs UG plus honours.

So as far as i know when u evaluate ur 4yrs degree with saqa they will still demand you to do 1yr Honours before MSc. But you cannot skip that in some exceptional cases.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by abdullahi45: 1:04am On May 16, 2018
Silvabae:
Please assist me guys to do my Masters application in any of the Cape Town universities so I can start, I want to apply to more than 1. Thank you. I already got my Saqa certificate just yesterday I applied since January, thank God I applied early.

You can apply online ur self.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by abdullahi45: 1:11am On May 16, 2018
Silvabae:
I thought this plat form is to provide help. You guys should help me before I start crying.
1) how can I certify my documents
2) can I use my statement of result as I don’t have my certificate yet.
I’m applying to CPUT first. The application closes end of this month.
If no reply I will know my helper is not here and move on.

Smiles. You are so funny bro.

You visit any court to get your documents certified/notarized. You can also do that at a notary public instead.
I dont think there's any problems using your statement of result.

Have you evaluated your documents with SAQA and does your University requires saqa evaluation for admission?

Go ahead and try to apply to as many schools as you can. The higher the number of schools you apply to, the greater your chances.
University of the Free State, University of Stellenbosch have no applications fee so you may include them in your options.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Chibabe4Christ: 12:34pm On May 17, 2018
Nawa oooooooo!!!!!
After taking the your submission date, how long will it take to submit your documents.
Those coming from a far place how do they manage this recent development.
Abeg I need your response ooooo

@Cydophobia
Now u wld need to go early with ur passport in order to pick a submittion date..at d said submittion date u wld submit ur documents[/quote]
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Chibabe4Christ: 12:38pm On May 17, 2018
INTELLIGENT GURUS IN THE HOUSE I HAIL OOOOO, PLEASE I NEED A LINK TO SOUTH AFRICA APPLICATION FORM
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Chibabe4Christ: 12:49pm On May 17, 2018
Please do you have the link to those hotels.

Lagos

Yes a must to use vfs

Yes i did..most direct hotel wld charge ur card ...n refund 100% if u cancel according to a swift time incase of visa denial...u might b lucky to find direct who wld not charge u...some wld atleast xharge u for first night[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.