Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,414 members, 7,819,488 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:06 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (83) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1735349 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by slumcat(m): 6:06pm On Jul 15, 2014
Viewing this topic: raulb , samtol4 ( m ) and 1 guest(s)
^^^ Mr. Sam, abeg answer me o.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 6:16pm On Jul 15, 2014
@omepower! There is no need for any1 to drop their numbers .congrats for the admission to UJ.The next step is to gather all necessary documents for study permit application .Most schools in SA allow you to pay when you arrive .please sir did your school insist you make payment before arrival? Secondly embassies in Lagos and Abuja are not collecting study permit application again BUT if there is strong intervention from your school perhaps they may consider you .The following documents are needed :1.Bank statement 2.yellow fever card 3.proof of residence 4.admission letter 5.police report 6.medical report 7.medical insurance 8 radiological report 9.flight booking .if anything has been omitted the gurus in the house will help us . .cheers

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 6:19pm On Jul 15, 2014
@slumcat I answered your questions but you didn't answer mine ! When and where did you submit work permit application ?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by slumcat(m): 7:11pm On Jul 15, 2014
samtol4: @slumcat I answered your questions but you didn't answer mine ! When and where did you submit work permit application ?
Answered in pm
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 7:53pm On Jul 15, 2014
@slumcat ! All these questions you should have ask your agent since may .however let me answer few questions .for saqa evaluation transcripts are accepted weather student copy or official copy .for teaching jobs in SA u need to search very well .check gumtree and u can register also at indeed.com so that you have more opportunities .sincerely to get teaching job in SA is easier if You can teach sciences ,maths and financial management or accounting .you can scan your documents to your cousin let him print out and take it to Saqa office . If I omit any question draw my attention to it .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by omepower: 8:44pm On Jul 15, 2014
samtol4: @omepower! There is no need for any1 to drop their numbers .congrats for the admission to UJ.The next step is to gather all necessary documents for study permit application .Most schools in SA allow you to pay when you arrive .please sir did your school insist you make payment before arrival? Secondly embassies in Lagos and Abuja are not collecting study permit application again BUT if there is strong intervention from your school perhaps they may consider you .The following documents are needed :1.Bank statement 2.yellow fever card 3.proof of residence 4.admission letter 5.police report 6.medical report 7.medical insurance 8 radiological report 9.flight booking .if anything has been omitted the gurus in the house will help us . .cheers

Thanks but Why did they stop collection and when are they planning to start?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinchar(m): 9:48pm On Jul 15, 2014
@Samtol4, please what did you meant by embassies in Lagos and Abuja are not collecting study permit application again?....Please kindly explain further when does that starts, because am going to Abuja on Thursday to submit my study permit application for my PhD programme. Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 10:20pm On Jul 15, 2014
@Yinchar Pls send someone to confirm if collection is still on .I don't work in embassy to know the reason for such decision.you can notify your school and more importantly supervisor if you are having difficult in that aspect .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 10:23pm On Jul 15, 2014
@omepower . Sir You can go there to find out I don't work there .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by slumcat(m): 2:42am On Jul 16, 2014
samtol4: @slumcat ! All these questions you should have ask your agent since may .however let me answer few questions .for saqa evaluation transcripts are accepted weather student copy or official copy .for teaching jobs in SA u need to search very well .check gumtree and u can register also at indeed.com so that you have more opportunities .sincerely to get teaching job in SA is easier if You can teach sciences ,maths and financial management or accounting .you can scan your documents to your cousin let him print out and take it to Saqa office . If I omit any question draw my attention to it .
thanks Mr sam, you've been a huge help.
however, I here a few more questions:
1) after saqa evaluation, will I still present/use my
Nigerian qualifications while in search of job, or will my saqa papers cover them?.
2) will my birth certificate be required amongst the
documents I must have if I go in search of a job (mainly
teaching job)?.
expecting your reply.
thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 2:50am On Jul 16, 2014
Slumcat.all your academic records are needed when searching for job.Saqa does not replace your credentials
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 2:54am On Jul 16, 2014
@slumcat...Ensure you register with SACE(South Africa council for Educators).Birth certificate is not needed rather passport that page is essential.Lastly ,google for teaching jobs in SA and apply as many places you can!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by slumcat(m): 3:19am On Jul 16, 2014
@Mr Sam: ok bro, thanks a bunch.
finally, whats the best way to send my documents from naija?. is FedEx reliable?.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 4:44am On Jul 16, 2014
Fedex is very reliable.@slumcat for jobs opportunities check:job.co.za
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by slumcat(m): 6:02am On Jul 16, 2014
samtol4: Fedex is very reliable.@slumcat for jobs opportunities check:job.co.za
thanks bro. I appreciate.
more questions:

1) on saqa website, it says qualifications can be evaluated within 10 working days or 20 working days, depending on the applicants choice. is it true or just mere public propaganda?. I thought it takes months.

2) if I have all my documents and done my saqa evaluation, is it possible for me to get a job (like teaching) using my work permit receipt (since I'm still awaiting the permit). what are my chances.
note: I'm currently in SA.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 9:28am On Jul 16, 2014
@slumcate Go to Saqa office .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by omepower: 12:04pm On Jul 16, 2014
Please when ever the embassy starts collecting study permits, be kind to inform us here....

thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chemashie(m): 12:10pm On Jul 16, 2014
yinchar: @Samtol4, please what did you meant by embassies in Lagos and Abuja are not collecting study permit application again?....Please kindly explain further when does that starts, because am going to Abuja on Thursday to submit my study permit application for my PhD programme. Thanks
I think you have a chance when you go to the embassy and explain yourself to them. Don't discuss with the security at the gate or else you will be turned back. You submit from monday to wednesday anytime from 11 am.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by omepower: 12:14pm On Jul 16, 2014
Please is true that once your admission letter has been issued to you, that you have only 30days to Apply for study permit??
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by clappers: 12:51pm On Jul 16, 2014
Samtoog:
I called in today but was told it was not ready. All applications submitted last month has not been released. I tire for this people. They said I should check back next week again.
how far with your application bro. I went there yesterday and its still not ready. Most people that submitted in the first week of June got theirs yesterday sha. I'll still check on Friday to know what's up
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by slumcat(m): 2:15pm On Jul 16, 2014
samtol4: @slumcate Go to Saqa office .
ok. but I just wanna know for sure how long the evaluation time takes... from people's experiences. I'll visit their office next month when I'm prepared.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 10:01am On Jul 17, 2014
Good day All,

I completed my application for postgraduate studies (2015) to Wits University and supplied all the required documents for more than Five weeks now. However, i am yet to receive an admission letter. I just want to know if it takes that long to receive an admission having supplied all the required documents (Hard and Soft copies).

Does anyone have a similar experience?

Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by deolama: 1:48pm On Jul 17, 2014
Pls house will like to know if it is compulsory to submit my watch result when applying for a post graduate. I saw on ukzn site that I have to show proof of understanding English. I didn't submit my O levels to saqa. Just did for my bsc certificate alone
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 4:54pm On Jul 17, 2014
Some schools do insist on submission of all your academic credentials while others merely ask you to submit your transcripts and first degree certificate. However, I would advise you include it to ensure a smooth process in your admission and avoid unnecessary delays. Kindly note that you do not need to show any proof of understanding English language being a Nigerian graduate, it will be waived in due course. The proof of English languauge is only required for applicants who come from countries where English language is not the original language of instruction/learning.

deolama: Pls house will like to know if it is compulsory to submit my watch result when applying for a post graduate. I saw on ukzn site that I have to show proof of understanding English. I didn't submit my O levels to saqa. Just did for my bsc certificate alone
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chemashie(m): 5:12pm On Jul 17, 2014
omepower: Please is true that once your admission letter has been issued to you, that you have only 30days to Apply for study permit??
Lol...I received my admission letter on 3rd of June, 2013 and applied for Study Permit on 22nd of January, 2014. There is nothing of such provided your admission states the year to resume.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by MrOlah: 3:38pm On Jul 18, 2014
deolama: Pls house will like to know if it is compulsory to submit my watch result when applying for a post graduate. I saw on ukzn site that I have to show proof of understanding English. I didn't submit my O levels to saqa. Just did for my bsc certificate alone
Brutha, I read ur previous post and I see your also interested in pursuing a MSc in geology in SA. I've been reading up the processes on here. Please how do we need to converse. I'm looking at uzkn and uj.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tosol: 3:47pm On Jul 18, 2014
[quote author=yinksob002]Good day All,

I completed my application for postgraduate studies (2015) to Wits University and supplied all the required documents for more than Five weeks now. However, i am yet to receive an admission letter. I just want to know if it takes that long to receive an admission having supplied all the required documents (Hard and Soft copies).

Well, I think Wits univ makes decisions on applications around september/october, it's never too late. I would advise u send e-mails to the departmental coordinator/hod of the program u applied for....they will respond. Has a profile been created for u online? If yes, keep checking. All will be fine.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by MrOlah: 4:37pm On Jul 18, 2014
[quote author=tosol][/quote] so if they make their admission decisions by sept/oct. That means they will still be admitting this year yes? When does their session start for postgraduate please?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nunushokoto(m): 7:09pm On Jul 18, 2014
pls i nid ansa 4rm a honest person.....m an undagrad nd m tinkin of doin my masters in SA nd probably live there bt d problem is dat m hearin different news abt d country...sum say nigerians in SA are suffering nd odas say its a nyc place so i rili wana knw wot life in SA looks like.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tosol: 7:12pm On Jul 18, 2014
MrOlah: so if they make their admission decisions by sept/oct. That means they will still be admitting this year yes? When does their session start for postgraduate please?

Applications forms are still on sale till August/sept ending or thereabout. For both UG and PG programs, the session starts with registration in January and ends around october.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 8:53pm On Jul 18, 2014
yinksob002: Good day All,

Thanks

The university was on holiday. They just resumed but are facing supplementary exams at the moment. They should be able to attend to you by the end of the month.

Cheers.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 8:55pm On Jul 18, 2014
slumcat:
ok. but I just wanna know for sure how long the evaluation time takes... from people's experiences. I'll visit their office next month when I'm prepared.

Last one I did for someone took about 6 weeks. Just got the report today.

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.