Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,171 members, 7,825,658 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:05 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (85) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1739201 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (916) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by harlyon(m): 4:30pm On Jul 28, 2014
Hello guys,I applied two weeks ago.I culdnt find dt slip(that reciept dt contains that number u could use to track it online).and also the day I submitted I didn't get any text like the one I got the time I applied in lagos some time ago which says that ur application has been received for processing. I want to ask if there is any way to check it
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 1:40am On Jul 29, 2014
aekmanweb: Is this thread for people going to study in SA or general SA inquiries. Anyway, i like to confirm the update about getting SA Visa cos i learnt the High Commission only issue between 7 to 10 working days Visa to tourist. I have been there once, have two SA Visas the first (3)mnth Visa whch i didnt use, the second (6)mnth Visa whch i only spent 21days in SA. I am planning to go as a tourist once again, has there been any changes in application processes. Kindly feed me in peepz....thanks all.

As much as we would love to help you, we simply can't. To be of assistance to you, some info will be needed. When did you apply last and what processes did you go through? That way, guys can inform you if something is different or has changed.

Cheers.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 1:49am On Jul 29, 2014
harlyon: Hello guys,I applied two weeks ago.I culdnt find dt slip(that reciept dt contains that number u could use to track it online).and also the day I submitted I didn't get any text like the one I got the time I applied in lagos some time ago which says that ur application has been received for processing. I want to ask if there is any way to check it

I think your best bet is to send an e-mail to them at info.zang@vfshelpline.com

Explain yourself, give your date of birth, date of application, place of application and ask for help with your receipt no. They may help out.

BTW, I assumed you applied for a tourist visa at VFS, hence the above info.

Cheers.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by coldwriter(m): 4:46am On Jul 29, 2014
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by harlyon(m): 8:28am On Jul 29, 2014
coldwriter: please what are the chances of getting a government teaching job in SA after completing PGCE in accounting from UNISA?

also, which naija credit card is economical and best to use over there in SA?.
60% chance
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 8:34am On Jul 29, 2014
coldwriter: please what are the chances of getting a government teaching job in SA after completing PGCE in accounting from UNISA?

also, which naija credit card is economical and best to use over there in SA?.

Credit or debit card?

All debit cards seem to work well as far as I know though I don't use mine.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by opsy4real1: 8:54am On Jul 29, 2014
hello samtol and other roomies, as u adviced earlier that my friend who got a teaching job offer must get himself registered with SACE before he apply for his work visa frm nigeria. I want to report to you that SACE claims he couldnt apply for registration with the body without a work permit? Pls how is he to go abt this?
samtol4: @opyreal.let him register with SACE (South Africa Council for Educators)it is mandatory for all teachers/instructors to register at SACE.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 11:14am On Jul 29, 2014
@opyreal Please what educational certificate did he use for sace application?if sace is not a requirement in the new immigration law for work permit stuff then let him apply for work permit when he comes SA he apply for Sace
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by coldwriter(m): 12:55pm On Jul 29, 2014
TYPOP:

Credit or debit card?

All debit cards seem to work well as far as I know though I don't use mine.
ok. I mean credit card. like UBA Africard.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by babybubu: 8:33am On Jul 30, 2014
Hi Everyone. Just a quick question here to see if I can get my current issue solved.. I have been in South Africa over 4months after my visa expired and I am looking to return home soon, I would like to know if there is any form of document I can provide at the airport for an excuse to overstay my visa as I neither did asylum or permit during this period, I have heard I might be banned for 5 yrs or fined at the airport but still unsure of the consequences. . Anyone with helpful tips on this matter should please assist.. many thanks in anticipation.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 5:30pm On Jul 30, 2014
Good day All,
Can a SAQA NQF level 7 be accepted for masters directly even though the applicant has a CGPA of 3.1 and work experience of over six years. I understand most schools in SA take decisions based on the outcome of SAQA but i don't know how true it is. Anyone currently studying at masters level in SA should kindly advise.

Thank you.

yinksob002: Tanks for the info. God bless you
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 10:30am On Jul 31, 2014
coldwriter:
ok. I mean credit card. like UBA Africard.

Can't help you it there mean. I don't do credit cards.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Emasel(m): 12:08pm On Jul 31, 2014
Please,does anyone know how one can track saqa application,I've been trying to track mine via their twitter handle but they are not responding
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 12:44pm On Jul 31, 2014
yinksob002: Good day All,
Can a SAQA NQF level 7 be accepted for masters directly even though the applicant has a CGPA of 3.1 and work experience of over six years. I understand most schools in SA take decisions based on the outcome of SAQA but i don't know how true it is. Anyone currently studying at masters level in SA should kindly advise.

Thank you.

Depends on the university. While most
universities require saqa, a few don't. For Masters, you need an NQF of 7 on the new scale and 6 for honours. However, saqa in itself does not guarantee admission. For example, my university will not accept you if you don't have a CGPA of 3.5 while WITS will accept you with 3.0

So in the end, it depends on which university.

Just to check, is your SAQA score of 7 on the new scale or the old one?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 12:45pm On Jul 31, 2014
Emasel: Please,does anyone know how one can track saqa application,I've been trying to track mine via their twitter handle but they are not responding

Call them and have your number with you. They will tell you how far.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 6:22pm On Jul 31, 2014
Thanks for the Info TYPOP.

God bless you
TYPOP:

Depends on the university. While most
universities require saqa, a few don't. For Masters, you need an NQF of 7 on the new scale and 6 for honours. However, saqa in itself does not guarantee admission. For example, my university will not accept you if you don't have a CGPA of 3.5 while WITS will accept you with 3.0

So in the end, it depends on which university.

Just to check, is your SAQA score of 7 on the new scale or the old one?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by harlyon(m): 10:04pm On Jul 31, 2014
TYPOP:

I think your best bet is to send an e-mail to them at info.zang@vfshelpline.com

Explain yourself, give your date of birth, date of application, place of application and ask for help with your receipt no. They may help out.

BTW, I assumed you applied for a tourist visa at VFS, hence the above info.

Cheers.
they didn't
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by coldwriter(m): 9:26am On Aug 03, 2014
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Cypha8: 4:21am On Aug 04, 2014
samtol4: Nice one .I was about to post the NRF stuff. please guys apply for this grant /funding.thanks broda

Hi samtol, I registered and tried applying for this yesterday but didn't find it among the list of available calls on the NRF website. Anyone else experienced this?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 9:38am On Aug 04, 2014
Cypha8:
Hi samtol, I registered and tried applying for this yesterday but didn't find it among the list of available calls on the NRF website. Anyone else experienced this?
what field of study and what program did u enrolled for ?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Cypha8: 4:32am On Aug 05, 2014
samtol4: what field of study and what program did u enrolled for ?

I'm not enrolled yet sir. I meant I registered on NRF website. I've recently applied to UCT, now looking to get a (doctoral) scholarship. Thanks...
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Cypha8: 8:34am On Aug 05, 2014
samtol4: Full time masters and phd is free tuition .u only pay 20knaira international levy when u arrived .before u summit at embassy did u pay for medical insurance(vital)concerning account balance I don't know the current requirement but 500k shld b ok but I stand to be corrected

Hi Samtol, please which other schools don't charge tuition for Masters/PhD by Research. Thanks...
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 5:11pm On Aug 05, 2014
harlyon: they didn't
Sorry man. Just keep checking there at intervals in case it's out.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 5:11pm On Aug 05, 2014
coldwriter: Hello house,
Please can someone give me more names of unis that don't request for SAQA. From here I've gathered Rhodes Uni, uni of Pretoria, stellenbosch uni. Please I need more...

I have a SA work permit. Do I still need a student permit to gain admission and study in SA?.

TYPOP, Samtol4.... Everyone please I need your contribution.

No sir. A work permit allows you to go to school.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 6:54pm On Aug 05, 2014
Cypha8:
Hi Samtol, please which other schools don't charge tuition for Masters/PhD by Research. Thanks...
ONLY UKZN IN THE WHOLE AFRICA the rest charge thousands of rand
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 7:06pm On Aug 05, 2014
Coldwriter u can't have two permit at d same time,u can study with your work permit ,
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by harlyon(m): 11:13pm On Aug 05, 2014
TYPOP:
Sorry man. Just keep checking there at intervals in case it's out.
. Where?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Cypha8: 12:41am On Aug 06, 2014
samtol4: ONLY UKZN IN THE WHOLE AFRICA the rest charge thousands of rand

Interesting. This SAQA thing tho...

@samtol and @all pls does anyone here study at UCT or studied there?

Thanks...
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by coldwriter(m): 12:31pm On Aug 06, 2014
@ Typop & samtol4: thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by mrking3(m): 6:54pm On Aug 06, 2014
Hello guys please I need your candid advice! I have a good friend a coursemate that have been in SA for like two years now. So he promised to help me come over to SA with hope he'll assist me get a work permit once I arrive. So last week he asked how much do I have so he can assist me get SA visa. I told him I aint prepeared now! So after much, I told him I only have 30k at the moment, of which he said he would balance it up with 20k making 50K which is the required money to get the documents and all that by His Agent. So he asked me to scan my Medical certificate, passport photo, Bio data and certificate of Origin and send it to him so he can send it to his Agent. He actually told me that his Agent would have to get Six month bank statement for me, employment letter and all that. So he said after this step, the next would be to get my passport for visa application. He also said he will assist me with BTA so all I need do is just to pay for air ticket. Meanwhile, he works with a car maitenance company in SA and have sent me his Pics over there! And calls me with his SA line. So I honestly want to verify if this guy is real coz its difficult to come accross some nice guys this days! His offer of assistance to me is just too good to be real. So please would want experience travellers to look into this scenerior and make there observation before I take further step! Thanks!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 7:07pm On Aug 06, 2014
mrking3: Hello guys please I need your candid advice! I have a good friend a coursemate that have been in SA for like two years now. So he promised to help me come over to SA with hope he'll assist me get a work permit once I arrive. So last week he asked how much do I have so he can assist me get SA visa. I told him I aint prepeared now! So after much, I told him I only have 30k at the moment, of which he said he would balance it up with 20k making 50K which is the required money to get the documents and all that by His Agent. So he asked me to scan my Medical certificate, passport photo, Bio data and certificate of Origin and send it to him so he can send it to his Agent. He actually told me that his Agent would have to get Six month bank statement for me, employment letter and all that. So he said after this step, the next would be to get my passport for visa application. He also said he will assist me with BTA so all I need do is just to pay for air ticket. Meanwhile, he works with a car maitenance company in SA and have sent me his Pics over there! And calls me with his SA line. So I honestly want to verify if this guy is real coz its difficult to come accross some nice guys this days! His offer of assistance to me is just too good to be real. So please would want experience travellers to look into this scenerior and make there observation before I take further step! Thanks!

Your friend is deceiving you, you will probably get banned by SA embassy for forgery
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by mrking3(m): 7:25pm On Aug 06, 2014
justwise:

Your friend is deceiving you, you will probably get banned by SA embassy for forgery
sir are you saying he wanna scam me? Or is it that I didn't get him clearly? Coz I don't think he would wanna scam me .... All the way from SA? Between he knows I'm not even bouyant to siphon money from me! He wanna help me via agent! Don't think I'll appear before embassy staff ..

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (916) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.