Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,429 members, 7,815,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:26 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (86) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1732359 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 7:39pm On Aug 06, 2014
mrking3: sir are you saying he wanna scam me? Or is it that I didn't get him clearly? Coz I don't think he would wanna scam me .... All the way from SA? Between he knows I'm not even bouyant to siphon money from me! He wanna help me via agent! Don't think I'll appear before embassy staff ..

Using bank statement and employment letter from an agent will get you in trouble with SA embassy. Those documents are not yours and its against visa rule.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 8:06pm On Aug 06, 2014
mrking3: sir are you saying he wanna scam me? Or is it that I didn't get him clearly? Coz I don't think he would wanna scam me .... All the way from SA? Between he knows I'm not even bouyant to siphon money from me! He wanna help me via agent! Don't think I'll appear before embassy staff ..
You have be warned bros,when did you attend interview that employment letter be given to you? All those fake documents don't work anymore . SA embassy is now very strict concerning fake documents. I laughed in zulu he asked you to bring "certificate of origin "for work permit ?you can give your friend the 30k as gift but don't tell anyone you apply for work permit !
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chemashie(m): 8:37pm On Aug 06, 2014
@samtol4, plz add me again on my new PIN. My BB is acting funny.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Cypha8: 6:06am On Aug 07, 2014
Cypha8:

@samtol and @all pls does anyone here study at UCT or studied there?

Thanks...

Guys, please anyone
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 6:09am On Aug 07, 2014
mrking3: Hello guys please I need your candid advice! I have a good friend a coursemate that have been in SA for like two years now. So he promised to help me come over to SA with hope he'll assist me get a work permit once I arrive. So last week he asked how much do I have so he can assist me get SA visa. I told him I aint prepeared now! So after much, I told him I only have 30k at the moment, of which he said he would balance it up with 20k making 50K which is the required money to get the documents and all that by His Agent. So he asked me to scan my Medical certificate, passport photo, Bio data and certificate of Origin and send it to him so he can send it to his Agent. He actually told me that his Agent would have to get Six month bank statement for me, employment letter and all that. So he said after this step, the next would be to get my passport for visa application. He also said he will assist me with BTA so all I need do is just to pay for air ticket. Meanwhile, he works with a car maitenance company in SA and have sent me his Pics over there! And calls me with his SA line. So I honestly want to verify if this guy is real coz its difficult to come accross some nice guys this days! His offer of assistance to me is just too good to be real. So please would want experience travellers to look into this scenerior and make there observation before I take further step! Thanks!
justwise:
Your friend is deceiving you, you will probably get banned by SA embassy for forgery

It is not possible. Your friend MAY or MAY NOT plan to scam you but one thing is sure - you will waste your money. That thing used to be possible, but not anymore. Keep your money to buy gaari for your Eba and enjoy your food cos once you start, you'll end up spending more than 50k at least b4 you decide it's over.

Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 6:10am On Aug 07, 2014
harlyon: . Where?

VFS global, since it's visiting visa. Normally they should send new SMS once it's ready though so you can also wait for their SMS.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 8:36am On Aug 07, 2014
mrking3: Hello guys please I need your candid advice! I have a good friend a coursemate that have been in SA for like two years now. So he promised to help me come over to SA with hope he'll assist me get a work permit once I arrive. So last week he asked how much do I have so he can assist me get SA visa. I told him I aint prepeared now! So after much, I told him I only have 30k at the moment, of which he said he would balance it up with 20k making 50K which is the required money to get the documents and all that by His Agent. So he asked me to scan my Medical certificate, passport photo, Bio data and certificate of Origin and send it to him so he can send it to his Agent. He actually told me that his Agent would have to get Six month bank statement for me, employment letter and all that. So he said after this step, the next would be to get my passport for visa application. He also said he will assist me with BTA so all I need do is just to pay for air ticket. Meanwhile, he works with a car maitenance company in SA and have sent me his Pics over there! And calls me with his SA line. So I honestly want to verify if this guy is real coz its difficult to come accross some nice guys this days! His offer of assistance to me is just too good to be real. So please would want experience travellers to look into this scenerior and make there observation before I take further step! Thanks!

If you like, listen to what these pple are telling you and if you like, don't listen, it's up to but one thing is certain, your money will be wasted and you will end up not getting any permit. I have friends here you refuse to heed to my advice, they are regretting right now. I have even seen some students here who submitted for renewal of their study permit and for over 4 months now they never get their permit renewed not to talk of a visitor coming here to get a permit. Even the popular asylum called (Aduro) is no more easy to get like before. Come to asylum office in Pretoria close the popular marabastard market and see thousands of Naija, congolese and the zimbas sleep ouside their office in freezing cold for weeks in order to get their way in for (aduro). If you want to come to SA, just visit and go back or come with your study permit or work permit from naija else, you will only come here to waste your time and money and metro will make life difficult for you.

Gbamm! over n out

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Waleabimbola(m): 8:46am On Aug 07, 2014
collinsfbi:

If you like, listen to what these pple are telling you and if you like, don't listen, it's up to but one thing is certain, your money will be wasted and you will end up not getting any permit. I have friends here you refuse to heed to my advice, they are regretting right now. I have even seen some students here who submitted for renewal of their study permit and for over 4 months now they never get their permit renewed not to talk of a visitor coming here to get a permit. Even the popular asylum called (Aduro) is no more easy to get like before. Come to asylum office in Pretoria close the popular marabastard market and see thousands of Naija, congolese and the zimbas sleep ouside their office in freezing cold for weeks in order to get their way in for (aduro). If you want to come to SA, just visit and go back or come with your study permit or work permit from naija else, you will only come here to waste your time and money and metro will make life difficult for you.

Gbamm! over n out

You are on point Bro, i see them every morning when i am going to work..i guess you stay around pta north or around wonderpark area.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by mrking3(m): 10:42am On Aug 07, 2014
@Justwise and co! I truly appreciate your swift response towards my plight! I'm indeed very Grateful! I'll heed to your advice...
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ugsams(m): 9:00pm On Aug 07, 2014
Please i need matured advice and candid opinion here.

I met this lady who is a xhosa mixed with sotho, we have really developed strong feeling for each other. We have at several occasions considered the option of getting married.

I don't live in South Africa, my immediate plan doesn't include living there and even if I will have to, it will be living there for a short period of time which is likely going to be few weeks or months of several visits just to enable us know each other over time. I would've loved to make her be the one to visit me instead but after we both analyzed the situation of things, we decided that i should be the one to visit because she is a single mother and works in the South Africa Police Service, so it won't really be convenient for her and i am the one who has the chance to do that now.

We have talked about paying her Lobolo and marriage but then there is also the the need for us to also to spend some time to see how compatible we are. Although, we spend a lot of time online I still think it its not enough.

My questions are:
What type of visa will be the most appropriate visa for me to apply for this visit?

What will be the likely requirements?

For someone who doesn't live in South Africa, what's the position of the law on getting married to a South African citizen?

What will be the process of getting married and the required documentation?

What are the benefits of marrying a South African?

***Note: I am not particularly in a hurry about getting Residence Permit as I am already processing my travel documents to another country. I am doing this because I want to start a family with this wonderful lady. I will also appreciate general advice that will be very important in my decision making or guide my procedures. Please I will need everyones advice
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 9:25pm On Aug 07, 2014
ugsams: Please i need matured advice and candid opinion here.

I met this lady who is a xhosa mixed with sotho, we have really developed strong feeling for each other. We have at several occasions considered the option of getting married.

I don't live in South Africa, my immediate plan doesn't include living there and even if I will have to, it will be living there for a short period of time which is likely going to be few weeks or months of several visits just to enable us know each other over time. I would've loved to make her be the one to visit me instead but after we both analyzed the situation of things, we decided that i should be the one to visit because she is a single mother and works in the South Africa Police Service, so it won't really be convenient for her and i am the one who has the chance to do that now.

We have talked about paying her Lobolo and marriage but then there is also the the need for us to also to spend some time to see how compatible we are. Although, we spend a lot of time online I still think it its not enough.

My questions are:
What type of visa will be the most appropriate visa for me to apply for this visit?

For someone who doesn't live in South Africa, what's the position of the law on getting married to a South African citizen?

***Note: I am not particularly in a hurry about getting Residence Permit as I am already processing my travel documents to another country. I am doing this because I want to start a family with this wonderful lady. I will also appreciate general advice that will be very important in my decision making or guide my procedures. Please I will need everyones advice

Love is a beautiful thing so I'm happy for you.

What type of visa? Visiting will do for now. That will give you 30 days without problems. It is also likely you can get more than that. You can get to know her better with that type of visa.

Starting a family . Gonna be hard for now since she wouldn't likely leave her job immediately (I'm assuming) and you can't get papers for permanent stay in SA yet.

Finally, someone was telling me that to marry a Southy lady now, she must visit your own country of origin before the marriage. I wouldn't know how true that is put believe me, it's possible it is true.

Cheers.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ugsams(m): 9:39pm On Aug 07, 2014
TYPOP:

Thanks for for the prompt response, I really appreciate and will be expecting contributions from others.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ugsams(m): 9:43pm On Aug 07, 2014
modified
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by harlyon(m): 10:55pm On Aug 07, 2014
TYPOP:

VFS global, since it's visiting visa. Normally they should send new SMS once it's ready though so you can also wait for their SMS.
. Okay I will better wait for the SMS.thx.,,,,,,,, but what if they didn't send a text cos I hv heard that they don't send txt at times.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by moneyhungry(m): 11:27am On Aug 08, 2014
ugsams: Please i need matured advice and candid opinion here.

My questions are:

lol. bro, just be careful sha, things aren't always what they seem. southy ladies are really mysterious. read opinions of naija guys here in SA about southy chics and enlighten yourself. Good luck.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by moneyhungry(m): 11:32am On Aug 08, 2014
@samtol4: Abeg which of the UBA cards do you use that charges N260 per withdrawal... MasterCard or Africard?
cuz my Africard charges me around R70 (N1000 plus) per transaction o.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:04pm On Aug 08, 2014
lol

moneyhungry:
lol. bro, just be careful sha, things aren't always what they seem. southy ladies are really mysterious. read opinions of naija guys here in SA about southy chics and enlighten yourself. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Sassyp(m): 1:06pm On Aug 08, 2014
hello guys,anyone in joburg?wld be coming around next weekend...got my visa today so i'l be coming around next week...where are all those nairalanders in joburg...oya make una identify una self 1 by 1...pls guys any ideas on where and where to visit?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by harlyon(m): 2:05pm On Aug 08, 2014
Sassyp: hello guys,anyone in joburg?wld be coming around next weekend...got my visa today so i'l be coming around next week...where are all those nairalanders in joburg...oya make una identify una self 1 by 1...pls guys any ideas on where and where to visit?
. When and where did u apply
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Sassyp(m): 3:48pm On Aug 08, 2014
wednesday...in dar es salaam
harlyon: . When and where did u apply
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by opsy4real1: 3:52pm On Aug 08, 2014
hello collinsfbi, its real been a while you are on here. At a point few weeks ago, i posted in regards a friend who got a teaching employment offer durin his visit ,but due to the new immigration rule that visit visa can no longer be changed to work permit within s.a. He wants to apply for the work permit from nigeria but was informed he need to register with SACE as Typop n others suggested but getting to sace he was adviced his work permit is one of the registration requirements. How would the work visa application be possible wit this? I'l appreciate your inputs too. Though he claims some agents in s.a claimed they still could help get d permit done in s.a buh i askd him not to but that i'l get facts so he can apply by himslf in Nigeria. Thank you.
collinsfbi:

Gbamm! over n out
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by harlyon(m): 10:05pm On Aug 08, 2014
Sassyp: wednesday...in dar es salaam
. OK.Thought u r in Nigeria
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by infofta(m): 5:09pm On Aug 09, 2014
Pls what are the documents needed at the port of entry. I going for vacation no relative in SA?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by harlyon(m): 6:05pm On Aug 09, 2014
infofta: Pls what are the documents needed at the port of entry. I going for vacation no relative in SA?
. Return tickets,passport,vaccination card,proof of accomodation
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by infofta(m): 6:42pm On Aug 09, 2014
@Harlyon. Thank you. What about BTA and repatration fee?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by harlyon(m): 12:25am On Aug 10, 2014
infofta: @Harlyon. Thank you. What about BTA and repatration fee?
. U will b told to pay during the visa process if u deem fit.as for the BTA,my friend dt traveld last month told me that he wasn't asked for the BTA.they asked him how is he going to fend for himself and he showed them his GTB master card.that's all
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by olumidazz: 10:27am On Aug 10, 2014
I hear sa has been skeptical in granting visas to tourist nigerian, because of the recent ebola outbreak in lagas...how true is this ?someone who has recently put in for a visa aapplication should pls advise us on this respect. thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by infofta(m): 12:38pm On Aug 10, 2014
I doubt it. I applied August 1st and got it on the 8th
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by opsy4real1: 2:51pm On Aug 10, 2014
Hi infofta, did you apply for your tourist visa in lagos or abuja that took 7. Processing days? And were you granted up to 3 months?I'm considering renewing my visa too. Thanks
infofta: I doubt it. I applied August 1st and got it on the 8th
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by harlyon(m): 3:02pm On Aug 10, 2014
opsy4real1: Hi infofta, did you apply for your tourist visa in lagos or abuja that took 7. Processing days? And were you granted up to 3 months?I'm considering renewing my visa too. Thanks
. I applied at abuja,,its almost a month now and no response.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by infofta(m): 3:24pm On Aug 10, 2014
I applied in Lagos. Tourist visa.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by opsy4real1: 7:52pm On Aug 10, 2014
Thanks, were you issued 3 months?
infofta: I applied in Lagos. Tourist visa.

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.