Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,770 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:35 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (95) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1727553 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (914) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by worldshepherd: 11:59pm On Sep 22, 2014
Have you been issue your acceptance letter?

haafidh: pls has south africa embassy started issuing visa for undergraduate?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 8:27am On Sep 23, 2014
Is there anyone in the house who has received his/her admission letter for 2015 postgraduate studies cos i am yet to receive mine.

Just wondering why the response time is so long after submitting all required documents for 4 mths now.

Thank you.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by victorVIC1(m): 3:10pm On Sep 23, 2014
@ justwise...A friend of mine who intends doing her masters in UNISA is in urgent need of information in regards to the estimated cost of securing a room or studio room apartment in Pretoria.
Thanks in advance
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 3:34pm On Sep 23, 2014
victorVIC1: @ justwise...A friend of mine who intends doing her masters in UNISA is in urgent need of information in regards to the estimated cost of securing a room or studio room apartment in Pretoria.
Thanks in advance

I don't live in SA but many here do and i'm sure they will help with answers.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by victorVIC1(m): 4:01pm On Sep 23, 2014
justwise:

I don't live in SA but many here do and i'm sure they will help with answers.
OK..Tanx
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Emasel(m): 5:33pm On Sep 23, 2014
yinksob002: Is there anyone in the house who has received his/her admission letter for 2015 postgraduate studies cos i am yet to receive mine.

Just wondering why the response time is so long after submitting all required documents for 4 mths now.

Thank you.

I think you should try and contact the school.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 7:56pm On Sep 23, 2014
[quote author=yinksob002]Is there anyone in the house who has received his/her admission letter for 2015 postgraduate studies cos i am yet to receive mine.
Thank you.[/quote Admission letters are usually issued around October/November by most schools while some schools give earlier but verify the status of your application with the postgraduate officer of your discipline .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 1:00am On Sep 24, 2014
yinksob002: Is there anyone in the house who has received his/her admission letter for 2015 postgraduate studies cos i am yet to receive mine.
Thank you.

samtol4: Admission letters are usually issued around October/November by most schools while some schools give earlier but verify the status of your application with the postgraduate officer of your discipline .
Admission letters are usually issued around October/November by most schools while some schools give earlier but verify the status of your application with the postgraduate officer of your discipline .

May I ask which post graduate program you are talking about? Do you know if your application is successful mm or not and are just waiting for letter?
Whichever one it is, contact both your faculty and International Office.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by victorVIC1(m): 6:19am On Sep 24, 2014
A friend of mine who intends doing her masters in
UNISA is in urgent need of information in regards to the estimated
cost of securing a room or studio room apartment in Pretoria.
Thanks in advance
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 7:45am On Sep 24, 2014
@TYPOP and Samtol4: Thanks a bunch guys.

The status on my online application portal shows that it is still under consideration. I contacted the Head of postgraduate studies after sending a couple of mails to her and got the same response. The school in question is Wits university.

Anyway, i will keep my fingers crossed for now and see how it goes.

Thank you.
TYPOP:

Admission letters are usually issued around October/November by most schools while some schools give earlier but verify the status of your application with the postgraduate officer of your discipline .

May I ask which post graduate program you are talking about? Do you know if your application is successful mm or not and are just waiting for letter?
Whichever one it is, contact both your faculty and International Office.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 7:52am On Sep 24, 2014
It depends on which part of pretoria she intends to stay as accomodation cost varies. However, a budget of R1,800 per mth (For studio room) and R2,000 to R2,500 for a standard room per month should be okay.

All d best
victorVIC1: A friend of mine who intends doing her masters in
Thanks in advance
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by victorVIC1(m): 8:07am On Sep 24, 2014
yinksob002: It depends on which part of pretoria she intends to stay as accomodation cost varies. However, a budget of R1,800 per mth (For studio room) and R2,000 to R2,500 for a standard room per month should be okay.

All d best
Tanx... really appreciate
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 1:24pm On Sep 24, 2014
RCL Foods is accepting applications for our 2015 Management Trainee Program. Our Group believes in developing business leaders for tomorrow and our Management Trainee Programme forms an integral part in achieving this. We are seeking Food Technology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology and Microbiology students who have either already obtained a B Tech/ Degree or who are currently completing their final year of study. Why apply? You will be employed in a permanent position where you will gain practical experience through working on projects, in a real job where you are given responsibility and ownership over what you do. You will obtain valuable experience within your field of study, and learn from our Technical Managers in R and D and in Packaging, within a corporate and dynamic environment. In addition to on- the- job experience, you will be developed through internal and external training courses, mentors and a structured developmental plan. You will be based in Durban and get valuable exposure to both our Head Office environment and our KZN based plants and laboratories. Requirements:
•Degree or B Tech in Food Technology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology and Microbiology - already obtained or currently completing your final year
•60% overall academic average
•Team players who have strong leadership capacity
•Excellent communication and analytical skills
•Less than one year work experience
•Computer literacy
APPLY ONLINE: www.rclfoods.com/careers
REAL JOB, REAL EXPERIENCE, REAL PEOPLE
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 1:54pm On Sep 24, 2014
yinksob002: @TYPOP and Samtol4: Thanks a bunch guys.
The status on my online application portal shows that it is still under consideration. I contacted the Head of postgraduate studies after sending a couple of mails to her and got the same response. The school in question is Wits university.
Anyway, i will keep my fingers crossed for now and see how it goes.
Thank you.
Sir you can submit your applications to other schools so that you have other options because these days admission is unpredictable since she assure you no problem. University of Johannesburg and University of Pretoria are good schools around your desire location.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 2:01pm On Sep 24, 2014
victorVIC1: A friend of mine who intends doing her masters in
Thanks in advance
Check gumtree and Ananzi for various prices and location , then ask questions because what determine the price is not the size of the room but security of the place and closeness to bus stop(taxi rank).
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by victorVIC1(m): 2:16pm On Sep 24, 2014
samtol4: Check gumtree and Ananzi for various prices and location , then ask questions because what determine the price is not the size of the room but security of the place and closeness to bus stop(taxi rank).
Noted... Tanx a lot
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by haafidh: 8:55am On Sep 26, 2014
[quote author=worldshepherd]Have you been issue your acceptance letter?

yes even all the document are with me..i just want to know if the embassy is now issuing it
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by opencoke(m): 5:16pm On Sep 26, 2014
Pls Tell Me More About University Of Pretoria, South Africa.

i wish to apply in this school for my MSC. i av checked some info on their website, but i still need someone to rub mind with about permit, accommodation, feeding blabla.
pls, if anybody has info to share, pls do(i beg)
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by iraycom: 1:45pm On Sep 27, 2014
please how much will it cost me to travel to South Africa rent one room in jb and set up a small business since there is no job there please someone should help with positive answer
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 5:21pm On Sep 27, 2014
To travel to SA, ticket goes for btw N104k - N110k or even more depending on d airline and period of booking. The earlier you do so, the better considering d fact that festive period is fast approaching. The cost of doing business overthere will depend largely on d type of biz u want to do. Lastly, a room in JB falls within d range of R2,000 - R3,000. quote author=iraycom]please how much will it cost me to travel to South Africa rent one room in jb and set up a small business since there is no job there please someone should help with positive answer[/quote]
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by seangy4konji: 12:06am On Sep 28, 2014
200 dollars per month for a room??exc sewage?electricity and internet
yinksob002: To travel to SA, ticket goes for btw N104k - N110k or even more depending on d airline and period of booking. The earlier you do so, the better considering d fact that festive period is fast approaching. The cost of doing business overthere will depend largely on d type of biz u want to do. Lastly, a room in JB falls within d range of R2,000 - R3,000. quote author=iraycom]please how much will it cost me to travel to South Africa rent one room in jb and set up a small business since there is no job there please someone should help with positive answer
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 6:01am On Sep 28, 2014
seangy4konji: 200 dollars per month for a room??exc sewage?electricity and internet

Depending on the area, yes! Probably more.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 6:01am On Sep 28, 2014
yinksob002: To travel to SA, ticket goes for btw N104k - N110k or even more depending on d airline and period of booking. The earlier you do so, the better considering d fact that festive period is fast approaching. The cost of doing business overthere will depend largely on d type of biz u want to do. Lastly, a room in JB falls within d range of R2,000 - R3,000. quote author=iraycom]please how much will it cost me to travel to South Africa rent one room in jb and set up a small business since there is no job there please someone should help with positive answer

Someone booked a flight for less than 80k a couple of weeks ago. Check Arik ASAP.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Emasel(m): 9:44am On Sep 28, 2014
Pls does anyone have an idea,how much it will cost to post a document via courier from SA to Naija,my SAQA is ready but learnt SA postoffices are on strike.

Thanks!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by iraycom: 9:56am On Sep 28, 2014
yinksob002: please Sir do they allow monthly or yearly on rentage and if i come with tourist visa can i get resident permit and what kind of business will 500k do (my regard)
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by idu1(m): 12:07pm On Sep 28, 2014
Hello nairalanders,
is there employment opportunity for people in medical or health related field.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 1:01pm On Sep 28, 2014
idu1: Hello nairalanders,
is there employment opportunity for people in medical or health related field.

Yes. The field is green for you guys. However, get your work permit before you leave naija. Else . . . . .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 1:02pm On Sep 28, 2014
Yes, monthly payment of rent is allowed. However, you cannot obtain resident permit with a visitors visa anymore due to d new immigration law in SA.
iraycom: yinksob002: please Sir do they allow monthly or yearly on rentage and if i come with tourist visa can i get resident permit and what kind of business will 500k do (my regard)
Rent
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 1:03pm On Sep 28, 2014
Emasel: Pls does anyone have an idea,how much it will cost to post a document via courier from SA to Naija,my SAQA is ready but learnt SA postoffices are on strike.

Thanks!

Can you ask them to scan it to you so you can continue your processing? They will also give it to anybody you nominate so if you have a friend in Pretoria, you can see if he/she will be available to help you go to their office to pick it up.

Cheers.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 1:24pm On Sep 28, 2014
Using DHL costs around N12,400 or thereabout. They are quite reliable and deliver mails promptly. All d best
Emasel: Pls does anyone have an idea,how much it will cost to post a document via courier from SA to Naija,my SAQA is ready but learnt SA postoffices are on strike.

Thanks!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by idu1(m): 2:49pm On Sep 28, 2014
TYPOP:

Yes. The field is green for you guys. However, get your work permit before you leave naija. Else . . . . .
Thanks sir....... Please i can i obtain the permit?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 3:39pm On Sep 28, 2014
idu1: Thanks sir....... Please i can i obtain the permit?
.Search for jobs online and apply ,then with the employment letter and other documents apply for the work permit.

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (914) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.