Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,172 members, 7,821,973 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (92) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1737025 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 5:22am On Sep 05, 2014
kemkem30:
Ok then. Thank u all

I know you have been answered well. I only want to add the reason for the answers. Usually, Post-Doc fellowships contracts last for at least a year. It will baffle the embassy that you have a post doc for 6 weeks. Since they are for more than 3 months and also for academic reasons, they usually apply for study permits. Hence, applying for a visitor's permit will kill it.

Like the bosses have said, let him re-apply for study permit. You may want to get a paid accommodation this time around, at least for a month. I'm sure Samtol4 can help with one and supply you with a lease agreement.

Cheers and all the best.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by harlyon(m): 5:27am On Sep 05, 2014
TYPOP:

If there is an Arik or SAA stand there, yes, you may book it. You will need two flights, one local (from Waari to Lag) and the other international.

Otherwise, go online to apply and then pay at the bank, or send someone to go to Lagos.

Cheers.
. Thx
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kemkem30(f): 10:47am On Sep 05, 2014
TYPOP:

I know you have been answered well. I only want to add the reason for the answers. Usually, Post-Doc fellowships contracts last for at least a year. It will baffle the embassy that you have a post doc for 6 weeks. Since they are for more than 3 months and also for academic reasons, they usually apply for study permits. Hence, applying for a visitor's permit will kill it.

Like the bosses have said, let him re-apply for study permit. You may want to get a paid accommodation this time around, at least for a month. I'm sure Samtol4 can help with one and supply you with a lease agreement.

Cheers and all the best.
This particular post doc has started from Nigeria. To continue in SA and to be concluded in US. In fact he is to pick up his US visa on Tuesday. His plan is to go to the SA embassy on the same tuesday.
Please @samtol4 we need help with accommodation. How may we contact u. thanks everyone.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chemenger: 5:34pm On Sep 07, 2014
Hello house, Kudos to you guys for the vital info you share here.

I am a newbie here but i have started an application to university of the witwatersrand in SA for my msc in Chemical eng for Jan 2015. Having paid the app fee of R200, I have now gotten to the document upload section and here are the docs to be uploaded:
1. Application fee
2 Certified copy of transcript
3. Certified copy of certificate
4. CV
5. Proof of english proficiency
6. SAQA.
I am done with 2,3&4 already, but I need more info for others. I have already paid app fee online using a mastercard and received a mail to this effect from the school, so what do i upload for the app fee again?
Is TOEFL/ IELTS a requirement from nigerian applicants for admission to SA uni? What can I upload here to proof my proficiency in english.
Lastly how do i go about my SAQA.
Thanks house and I would so much appreciate your response.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Emasel(m): 6:16pm On Sep 07, 2014
chemenger: Hello house, Kudos to you guys for the vital info you share here.

I am a newbie here but i have started an application to university of the witwatersrand in SA for my msc in Chemical eng for Jan 2015. Having paid the app fee of R200, I have now gotten to the document upload section and here are the docs to be uploaded:
1. Application fee
4. CV
6. SAQA.
I am done with 2,3&4 already, but I need more info for others. I have already paid app fee online using a mastercard and received a mail to this effect from the school, so what do i upload for the app fee again?
Is TOEFL/ IELTS a requirement from nigerian applicants for admission to SA uni? What can I upload here to proof my proficiency in english.

For English Proficiency,you don't need TOEFL or IELTS,as a Nigerian,such requirements are waived for us,but you can still upload your WAEC or NECO certificate with a Credit pass in English,if you feel like.
As for SAQA,you'll have to apply for Foreign Evaluation of your Nigerian degree results.You'll need your transcripts and degree certificate to apply for this.I guess it is only done online now,so you can apply from Nigeria,but if you have someone in SA,you could ask him/her to help you,because it is relatively easier and faster,when applied from SA.
You can check www.saqa.org.za for more info on SAQA application.

NB: Apply for SAQA ontime because it takes quite long to process.

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Emasel(m): 7:56am On Sep 08, 2014
holyboss: same here Bro. I haven't gotten anytin yet. Even wen I call them, the best talk they tell me is (we are working on it) and wen I ask how soon will I get a response, dey b like "just be patitient" yet my application is still suspended For d past one mnth nw

Hello Bro

how far with ur SAQA
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 8:04am On Sep 08, 2014
Ensure that you apply for your SAQA in time because it takes a great deal of time. I also applied to the same school for my masters in 2015 and have completed all the necessary steps but still waiting to receive an admission letter from them. I wish you all the best.
chemenger: Hello house, Kudos to you guys for the vital info you share here.

1. Application fee
4. CV
6. SAQA.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by holyboss: 8:22am On Sep 08, 2014
Emasel:

Hello Bro

how far with ur SAQA
bro notin Yet O! still waiting on d federal ministry or Education to reply dem. only God knws till wen dey will respond.

Hw Abt yours?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Emasel(m): 9:46am On Sep 08, 2014
holyboss: bro notin Yet O! still waiting on d federal ministry or Education to reply dem. only God knws till wen dey will respond.

Hw Abt yours?

But what concerns your SAQA and Ministry of Education,it should be your school that should verify your results and not Ministry of Education.Are u sure,u understood the message clearly from SAQA?

I'm still waiting for mine sha,though SAQA has gotten response from my school and my application that was suspended is now being processed.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by holyboss: 11:28am On Sep 08, 2014
Emasel:

But what concerns your SAQA and Ministry of Education,it should be your school that should verify your results and not Ministry of Education.Are u sure,u understood the message clearly from SAQA?

I'm still waiting for mine sha,though SAQA has gotten response from my school and my application that was suspended is now being processed.
I guess dos ppl av dir way of doing dir thing, Cos dey said dey av no business with my sch but d Ministry and it must b direct (just between dem nd d ministry) sinc D info dey need is confidential...So according to dem, I just av to chill nd wait noni undecided

& As pa ur own, Congrat!! I op dey free u ds time. Wht prog r u going for?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chemenger: 11:52am On Sep 08, 2014
Ok thanks for the response, as for the application fee what do I upload as i have already paid through mastercard online. Can I upload the mail they sent to me for the acknowledgement of payment?
Emasel:

For English Proficiency,you don't need TOEFL or IELTS,as a Nigerian,such requirements are waived for us,but you can still upload your WAEC or NECO certificate with a Credit pass in English,if you feel like.
As for SAQA,you'll have to apply for Foreign Evaluation of your Nigerian degree results.You'll need your transcripts and degree certificate to apply for this.I guess it is only done online now,so you can apply from Nigeria,but if you have someone in SA,you could ask him/her to help you,because it is relatively easier and faster,when applied from SA.
You can check www.saqa.org.za for more info on SAQA application.

NB: Apply for SAQA ontime because it takes quite long to process.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chemenger: 11:56am On Sep 08, 2014
Ok thanks for the response, as for the application fee what do I upload as i have already paid through mastercard online. Can I upload the mail they sent to me for the acknowledgement of payment? And what doc did upload for the Proof of english?
yinksob002: Ensure that you apply for your SAQA in time because it takes a great deal of time. I also applied to the same school for my masters in 2015 and have completed all the necessary steps but still waiting to receive an admission letter from them. I wish you all the best.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tdayof(m): 12:22pm On Sep 08, 2014
holyboss: bro notin Yet O! still waiting on d federal ministry or Education to reply dem. only God knws till wen dey will respond.

Hw Abt yours?
hmm that ministry without a personal web ♘♘♘
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Emasel(m): 2:05pm On Sep 08, 2014
chemenger: Ok thanks for the response, as for the application fee what do I upload as i have already paid through mastercard online. Can I upload the mail they sent to me for the acknowledgement of payment?

I think that should do.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by holyboss: 3:07pm On Sep 08, 2014
tdayof:
I weep for dem
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Emasel(m): 3:29pm On Sep 08, 2014
tdayof:

grin They don't really have a website.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 5:57pm On Sep 08, 2014
In the process of uploading my docs as required by Wits Univ., i didn't upload any file for application fees. It is automatically updated once you've paid into the school account (quoting the reference no.)& payment has been confirmed by them. Proof of English does not apply to you and will be waived accordingly since your original language of learning is English. Hence, you do not need to upload any document for proof of English.
chemenger: Ok thanks for the response, as for the application fee what do I upload as i have already paid through mastercard online. Can I upload the mail they sent to me for the acknowledgement of payment? And what doc did upload for the Proof of english?

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:22am On Sep 09, 2014
Please guys.......I want to apply for a visit visa to attend a 2months course in Cape Town. Now, I am in need of steps to apply for my visit visa so as not to make mistakes. Please kindly help with FULL documents I'll have to submit. And, how many months visa do I need to submit and what is the minimum amount I should have in the account? Thanks and I await replies.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chemenger: 1:35pm On Sep 09, 2014
yinksob002: In the process of uploading my docs as required by Wits Univ., i didn't upload any file for application fees. It is automatically updated once you've paid into the school account (quoting the reference no.)& payment has been confirmed by them. Proof of English does not apply to you and will be waived accordingly since your original language of learning is English. Hence, you do not need to upload any document for proof of English.
@ Yinksob: Thanks, someone in SA wants to help with saqa, do I send hard certified copy of credentials to him or scanned copies? I have uploaded the certified copies at the portal, must I still send hard copies to wits? what's the difference between doing the saqa in Nigeria and SA in terms of time?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Emasel(m): 3:33pm On Sep 09, 2014
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 5:59pm On Sep 09, 2014
I will advise you to send the certified hard copies to the person in question and as well include a letter to SAQA asking them to post a copy of the evaluation certificate to Wits univ. directly upon completion (Note that you will be asked to pay for d postage).

As per your second question, you will still need to send the certified hard copies of your credentials to Wits University. Upon receipt of the certified hard copies, the status on your online portal will change from 'Not certified" to ''Received". (N.B: Ensure that you use a reliable courier coy like DHL).

In terms of processing time, I will advise you to do your SAQA in SA cos it is faster going by my experience. I did mine during my vacation in SA using the 10days option (being the fastest) and it came out in two weeks.

All the best.
chemenger:
@ Yinksob: Thanks, someone in SA wants to help with saqa, do I send hard certified copy of credentials to him or scanned copies? I have uploaded the certified copies at the portal, must I still send hard copies to wits? what's the difference between doing the saqa in Nigeria and SA in terms of time?

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Rukkky: 12:07am On Sep 10, 2014
Hi everyone, pls I need help concerning SAQA, I applied since may, they sent me a mail that my app is suspended that they are awaiting official response from the institution, this after I made the school send them original transcript. Some1 told me that I have to send my original waec result and undergrad cert, please is dis information true cos I'm not comfortable sending my original doc, pls what can I do to facilitate dis process. If any 1 has done saqa recently I need help pls.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 4:19am On Sep 10, 2014
Rukkky: Hi everyone, pls I need help concerning SAQA, I applied since may, they sent me a mail that my app is suspended that they are awaiting official response from the institution, this after I made the school send them original transcript. Some1 told me that I have to send my original waec result and undergrad cert, please is dis information true cos I'm not comfortable sending my original doc, pls what can I do to facilitate dis process. If any 1 has done saqa recently I need help pls.

If you were to send your originals, SAQA would send a mail to you that includes the text "in the meantime, please submit original documentation in respect of . . . . . ". If this is not stated in the mail SAQA sent to you, keep your originals with you.

Secondly, SAQA does not need your original WAEC. They will ask for a scratch card if they think there is a need for further verification.

Cheers.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 7:29am On Sep 10, 2014
If there is need for further verification or obtain additional documents, you will be notified by SAQA. In the meantime, do not send your original credentials. The certified hard copies that you earlier provided to them at the point of application is okay for them to work with.

All the best
TYPOP:

If you were to send your originals, SAQA would send a mail to you that includes the text "in the meantime, please submit original documentation in respect of . . . . . ". If this is not stated in the mail SAQA sent to you, keep your originals with you.

Secondly, SAQA does not need your original WAEC. They will ask for a scratch card if they think there is a need for further verification.

Cheers.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by FeyiDOT(m): 6:48pm On Sep 10, 2014
Good day, I got admitted to unisa early this year for my phd and I ve paid for the first year and I'm about completing my first year proposal and I want to apply for study visa cos I want to go there to complete d remaining two yrs. I got a 2yr study leave from my office . Pls anyone should tell me how to go about it. And when to apply. Even the school gave me a letter to present at d embassy. Is there a specific time I can apply
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 9:07pm On Sep 10, 2014
FeyiDOT: Good day, I got admitted to unisa early this year for my phd and I ve paid for the first year and I'm about completing my first year proposal and I want to apply for study visa cos I want to go there to complete d remaining two yrs. I got a 2yr study leave from my office . Pls anyone should tell me how to go about it. And when to apply. Even the school gave me a letter to present at d embassy. Is there a specific time I can apply

As a PhD student, you can apply anytime. Just get all the documents already stated in various places on this thread and go apply.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by FeyiDOT(m): 10:01pm On Sep 10, 2014
Thks so much. Will ve to pay repatriation fee too. And I wouldn't mind if can get a good agent to do d process. Any avaliable one
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 10:47pm On Sep 10, 2014
Rukkky: Hi everyone, pls I need help concerning SAQA, I applied since may, they sent me a mail that my app is suspended that they are awaiting official response from the institution, this after I made the school send them original transcript. Some1 told me that I have to send my original waec result and undergrad cert, please is dis information true cos I'm not comfortable sending my original doc, pls what can I do to facilitate dis process. If any 1 has done saqa recently I need help pls.
.it is been delayed because your school refused to reply to saqa 's message or email.You don't need to send originals Even if SAQA ask for it .I have seen many instances Originals were demanded by Saqa,the people involved didn't send rather compel their various schools to send confirmation letter to Saqa and the Saqa evaluation certificates were issued. what matter most is School response confirming your result,sending originals become total useless and wasteful of resources when your school refused to confirm your result.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 5:00am On Sep 11, 2014
FeyiDOT: Thks so much. Will ve to pay repatriation fee too. And I wouldn't mind if can get a good agent to do d process. Any avaliable one

We advise do it yourself here on this thread. The process is fairly easy and you will scale through them rather simply. Every information you need to sort it out is already here.

And yes, you will have to pay repatriation fees.

Cheers.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by FeyiDOT(m): 6:16am On Sep 11, 2014
Thks

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: kelvindj98

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.