Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,939 members, 7,821,289 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:58 AM

Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? (33537 Views)

These 5 Powerful People May Cause Nigeria’s Break-up / Boko-Haram Carnage Making Nigeria Break-up Less Likely - Soyinka / IBB: How To Avoid Nigeria’s Break-Up In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by PhysicsQED(m): 3:28am On May 25, 2012
ndu_chucks:
@Physics, Can you envision any scenario wherein your people can share a new country with Igbos, in Biafra or some other country? You don't have to answer and I am not here to bait.

Yeah. Why not? They're peaceful, progressive hardworking people like most other Nigerian groups. And my people already share a country with them now and I don't see what would be much different in a new country in terms of inter-ethnic relations. The thing is, whether it's Yorubas (such as in the old western region) or any other group, every group of people is going to want to form an association on their terms and those of the other group(s), not solely on the terms of the other group(s). So there will always be problems if that principle is not adhered to and it would be infinitely simpler for any group to just be on their own.

But my people aren't asking for such an association and neither are Igbos. I'd prefer to either go it alone (who cares if it's a tiny country, at least there'll be peace of mind and no ethnic conflict, disputes or saber-rattling) or go with some of the groups from the old Midwest if Nigeria were to dissolve.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by HighChief4(m): 4:02am On May 25, 2012
2015 is even far off. Nigeria is likely to break up before then. Who wants to be in the same country with people like Buhari and those abokis.

1 Like

Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Obiagu1(m): 4:08am On May 25, 2012
Beaf:
If there is another Biafra and the same thing happens, I will not be part of it, NEITHER WILL MY PEOPLE BE. You cannot conquer people or look down on them and hope they will be allies by some miracle.

This your post helps my point. Assuming, if a Biafra was created tomorrow with some of your Isoko brothers agreeing to it and fight for it, you that do not support it fight against it and your side wins, what will you write in the papers? My people were not carried along! This is the point I tried to make, you can never get everyone on board and whoever side that wins will claim whatever they want, they will always be right.

Oops! Seems like you modified your post smiley
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Beaf: 4:13am On May 25, 2012
^
Nah, I've just returned to this thread and not modified anything.

Obiagu1:

This your post helps my point. Assuming, if a Biafra was created tomorrow with some of your Isoko brothers agreeing to it and fight for it, you that do not support it fight against it and your side wins, what will you write in the papers? My people were not carried along! This is the point I tried to make, you can never get everyone on board and whoever side that wins will claim whatever they want, they will always be right.

Yes, you can never get everyone on board, but you can at least try.
If anyone had tried to get the Midwest on board, there would be a history of meetings claimed at least by one side. But there are none.

Things were handled terribly, bro.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Onlytruth(m): 4:34am On May 25, 2012
Beaf: ^
Nah, I've just returned to this thread and not modified anything.

Yes, you can never get everyone on board, but you can at least try.
If anyone had tried to get the Midwest on board, there would be a history of meetings claimed at least by one side. But there are none.

Things were handled terribly, bro.

For me, that is the bottom-line. The strategic planning that went into the secession effort was not good enough. I appreciate the effort, though it failed, because history proves that the secessionists were right.
Some argue that not much have changed, and I tend to agree, though I tend to oscillate between the two camps myself (maybe to identify with the best intentions of both sides).

What I'm concerned about is that history must NEVER repeat. My ultimate motives have been to ensure that history never repeats in any way. I say this, not out of fear or emotion, but out of a clear sanity of purpose. I don't ever pick a war I cannot win.

In my book, the so called "Republic of Benin" would have been a very rich and prosperous country today (all things being equal) cool; the same for Biafra and Odua. I wouldn't know about the North. Maybe they themselves would have developed their human resources more resolutely and may have created a great country as well.
What everyone nearly agrees on is that Nigeria has not lived up to expectations, hence this talk in 2012.
Quite sad. sad
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Beaf: 4:41am On May 25, 2012
Onlytruth:

For me, that is the bottom-line. The strategic planning that went into the secession effort was not good enough. I appreciate the effort, though it failed, because history proves that the secessionists were right.
Some argue that not much have changed, and I tend to agree, though I tend to oscillate between the two camps myself (maybe to identify with the best intentions of both sides).

What I'm concerned about is that history must NEVER repeat. My ultimate motives have been to ensure that history never repeats in any way. I say this, not out of fear or emotion, but out of a clear sanity of purpose. I don't ever pick a war I cannot win.

In my book, the so called "Republic of Benin" would have been a very rich and prosperous country today (all things being equal) cool; the same for Biafra and Odua. I wouldn't know about the North. Maybe they themselves would have developed their human resources more resolutely and may have created a great country as well.
What everyone nearly agrees on is that Nigeria has not lived up to expectations, hence this talk in 2012.
Quite sad. sad

Beaf endorses this post. cool
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Obiagu1(m): 5:02am On May 25, 2012
PhysicsQED:

www.codesria.org/IMG/pdf/04_Dahou.pdf

Thanks for the link, I enjoyed it cool
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by ektbear: 5:16am On May 25, 2012
I really hope that Nigeria breaks up.

There are things that I want for my people that I don't think are possible in a Nigerian context.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Nobody: 5:38am On May 25, 2012
What would be the fate of ibo in lagos?
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by CyberG: 6:05am On May 25, 2012
Hope y'all tribalists kill yourself off so normal people can live in peace! cool cool You know una sef here, lock yourself in dingy dark room and gas una sef to death while debating a hallucination that was over soooo long ago!! cool cool

1 Like

Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Caesar1988(m): 6:25am On May 25, 2012
Iseeeee
ak47mann: logic mind i like the way you hit the point u are my person cool
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Nobody: 6:37am On May 25, 2012
CyberG: Hope y'all tribalists kill yourself off so normal people can live in peace! cool cool You know una sef here, lock yourself in dingy dark room and gas una sef to death while debating a hallucination that was over soooo long ago!! cool cool

don't mind the losers!

1 Like

Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Nobody: 8:02am On May 25, 2012
This is not about being tribalistic but its about justice! NigerDelta republic will be a reality by God's grace. That's is why they don't want a SNC, or constitution review. The producers of this oil are suffering while d abokis are enjoying from it! Enough is enough. OPERATION OCCUPY NIGERDELTA REPUBLIC
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by AnotherOkija: 8:31am On May 25, 2012
@ Topic

NO!!

Nigeria is here to stay!! 50years.. 1 war, several riots and yet!! We survived!!

One Nigeria!! In peace or war!
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by BiafranFirstSon(m): 8:42am On May 25, 2012
Yes we are breaking up. Biafra must be free. I swear!

1 Like

Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by ismhab(m): 8:43am On May 25, 2012
BY THE GRACE OF GOD.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by atasteve: 8:43am On May 25, 2012
But do we truely believe that breaking up is the solution?

Corruption doesn't belong to any tribe.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by ballabriggs: 8:44am On May 25, 2012
Beaf:

I'm tired of hearing this foolish lie. My part of the country was invaded by Biafra, who carried out several executions, occupied the place and declared us an independent "Republic of Benin" without as much as asking us a single question.
Next, we were invaded by the federal troops who did pretty much what Biafra did.

Phuck anybody who tells me stup!d lies of how minorities betrayed Biafra. Did Biafra ever make us part of their plans? Did they not just invade us one bright morning without provocation? I wonder where people get these id!otic fairy tales of "betrayal" from?
I'm waiting for any senile fart to tell me that Biafra did not invade the Midwest. In fact, as I have said several times on NL, my own father along with other top Midwesterners was to have been shot by Biafra, but he was saved by his driver (maybe una for no know Beaf today embarassed).

Phuck all of you who tell hateful lies. Bloody demons.

[size=14pt]For the first time in your life you seem to have made sense but it does not change the fact that you are a bigot, a thief and a fraud and you will one day pay for your sins.[/size]
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by ismhab(m): 8:47am On May 25, 2012
bbpreye: This is not about being tribalistic but its about justice! NigerDelta republic will be a reality by God's grace. That's is why they don't want a SNC, or constitution review. The producers of this oil are suffering while d abokis are enjoying from it! Enough is enough. OPERATION OCCUPY NIGERDELTA REPUBLIC
I THOUGHT U PEOPLE ARE TOGETHER WITH THE BIAFRANS.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Tlake(m): 8:50am On May 25, 2012
Dudes I don't ever n will never wish for our break up let's just pray n hope NAS and F.G can allow true federalism to decide our future tink about d capability we v 2geda
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Butoneday2(m): 8:54am On May 25, 2012
''Yes for sure'' let everybody go answer dia names. Infact if possible let it start by june sef wetin!!
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Elose11(m): 8:55am On May 25, 2012
Yes oh! Infact our braking up is long over due. We are all strange bed fellows in this contraption, called Nigeria.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by bayulll01(m): 8:56am On May 25, 2012
quote author=Beaf]

I'm tired of hearing this foolish lie. My part of the country was invaded by Biafra, who carried out several executions, occupied the place and declared us an independent "Republic of Benin" without as much as asking us a single question.
Next, we were invaded by the federal troops who did pretty much what Biafra did.

Phuck anybody who tells me stup!d lies of how minorities betrayed Biafra. Did Biafra ever make us part of their plans? Did they not just invade us one bright morning without provocation? I wonder where people get these id!otic fairy tales of "betrayal" from?
I'm waiting for any senile fart to tell me that Biafra did not invade the Midwest. In fact, as I have said several times on NL, my own father along with other top Midwesterners was to have been shot by Biafra, but he was saved by his driver (maybe una for no know Beaf today embarassed).

Phuck all of you who tell hateful lies. Bloody demons.[/quote]
and it would av been better if we dnt knw beef
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by amosy007: 9:00am On May 25, 2012
Logic Mind:

There you go again shouting like a castrated baboon with no substance.

Did your people fight during the war? Who did they fight?
Was your land used as base for Nigerian military?

Who did we execute exactly. If you want to know about execution, read up on Asaba massacre.

When Biafra went through mid west, Biafran soldiers did not commit any attrocities. Infact after reading what you posted, you should hide your head in shame and regret because most of you would wish that you have your republic of Benin today.

You bastard. A man without country. Biafra gave you a country and you threw it away, gave your women and your oil wells to abokis and you turn around and accuse us of your woes. Ungrateful nicompoops.

NL is full of people praying to their different gods for division and to have their own countries 45 years after Ojukwu started doing it.

Just listen to yourself speak: so there you were minding your own business and being docile and all and all of a sudden in comes muderous biafran troops executing you and giving you a country of your own. Then comes nigeria rexecuting you and taking your country away. And what did you do? did you retaliate? Did you chicken out? Did a an Yoruba r'.ape your ancestress to transfer cowardice and spirit of betrayal to you?

Now let's leave 1967 and come back to 2012. Where are you and what are you? Where are your riches gone to? Who owns you? What hope do your children have? You want bring mouth for igbos. We have always been and always will be better that you.

Cursed is your land
Cursed are your riches for you
Your inheritance is forever passed to strangers (abokis)

I spit on you and all you represent
I spit on your tribe and customs

Ojukwu was wrong to show you people kindness. The next generation of Biafrans are another breed.

dude why all this hatred?

JEEZ.. Why is igbo always full of hate? sad

2 Likes

Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by meksmewo: 9:02am On May 25, 2012
Very funny....I do not think that a marriage that has produced grandchildren can go through divorce. For there to be a break-up the situation will be worse that Sudan and the Congo... Bone don hook us for teeth. America may have predicted such in the past but this one, no way!
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Nwunuken(m): 9:03am On May 25, 2012
Logic Mind: By the Holy Grace of Amadioha, Biafra shall be free of northern oppressors, western betrayers and neighbourly saboteurs!
Iseee!
breaking up is not d solution every region have their problem due to bad ledership which led to poverty,unemployement etc.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by megxo(m): 9:04am On May 25, 2012
cry9ja may break up if d lyks of buhari, atiku, ibb, n odaz r still alive..........
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by amosy007: 9:07am On May 25, 2012
T9ksy:

Yeah, like biafrans were going to dash us Odua republic?? The question remains, "Na who beg una"?
cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by proffmanue(m): 9:10am On May 25, 2012
The writing is already on the wall. 2015 sure die!!!
prosperity and equality awaits the regions that does not pair with the abokissss....
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Nwunuken(m): 9:13am On May 25, 2012
Logic Mind:

Abeg shut up there.
Which part of your country was invaded by Biafra? Do you have a country? This is the main Yoruba lie that they are telling themselves to justify their slavish attitude to abokis. Biafra did not invade you. We were just passing by.
Victor Banjo, a Yoruba "soldier", led a biafran land strike headed for Lagos. This Yoruba coward, that lied his way into biafran command, decided to do things Yoruba way when he had victory in his sight. Lagos was open like ashawo toto for am. All he had to do was thrust hard and direct, but the coward decided to stop, and started mistreating people. Ojukwu later shot his asz in Enugu.
So Mr Beaf, direct your anger to where it is due. Abokis are milking you dry, with the help of their yoruba slaves. Face them.
And tell your father to tell you the truth.

I am trying to educate and accommodate you because I understand your ignorance but do not ever again insult the memory of Biafra or that of her fallen heroes.
greed people u will end up destroy ur new republic within a year if it happen.See what is happen in d east.Suvive of d fitest.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by doublecross(m): 9:20am On May 25, 2012
Mr. Globe:

Amen
amen
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Redhot111(m): 9:24am On May 25, 2012
torkaka:

what are you still doing online? with this kind of hate and anger you should be rallying your troops by now!
oloshi! internet warlord!
no mind am. Coward in d highest order

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

Synagogue: Lagos Suspends Probe / Why Is Abuja The Capital Of Nigeria / ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.