Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,880 members, 7,817,594 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:12 PM

Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? (61644 Views)

Five Top Fastest Developing States In Nigeria That Are Undisputable / Imoke Wins Best Governor Award / Worst Governor And Slowest Developing States In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by Artlove(m): 1:12pm On May 25, 2012
cowgurl: Fashola & Akpabio are my BEST Governors.
stih
Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by Artlove(m): 1:19pm On May 25, 2012
Man of God like TB joshua, Bishop David, pst chris and other is d best
Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by lookmangiw(m): 1:20pm On May 25, 2012
jason123: Everybody dey fear mention Fashola grin grin grin

Standards are indeed different! cheesy

abi o jason, what they are calling achievement as turn to a normal activity in lagos state. we have moved from the era of we will construct road, drainage, hospital and we at the higher level at the momet. going to the industralization path. the lastest one being the rice processing plant that was recently commissioned and many more that are yet to be commissioned.
Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by SEGAD: 1:20pm On May 25, 2012
afam4eva: I won't use human development to rank our governors because they have failed in that regard but based on infrastructural development I'll give it to:

Akpabio of Akwa Ibom state: This guy has not left anyone in doubt that he's serious about making Akwa Ibom the model state in Nigeria. He has made the state to be able to compete with Abuja, infrastructure wie. No state can boast of that.

Sullivan Chime of Enugu state: This guy is not a noise-maker despite the giant strides that he's formulated in the coal-city state. He has been able to bring back what the state was known for and has also attracted outside investments thereby making Enugu a mix between Calabar and Lagos.

Chibuike Amaechi of River state: Considering the fact that he took over in a state that was weeping for development as previous state governors had gang-rapes the state to a paulp, Amaechi has succeeded in taking the state to a pedestal where it has become a reference point for other state governors.

Babatunde Fashola: where many people will give him pass mark for, is, bringing sanity to Lagos state. People thought Lagos could not be governed properly considering the nature of the state with a population that has pushed the state to it's limits but Fashola has proven that where there's a will there's a will.

Let me kindly add some fringe Governors that we should watch out for. They are Rochas Okorocha of Imo state, Oshiomole of Edo state etc.
You are very correct, except Mr Hype of Lagos state.
Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by Myself2(m): 1:23pm On May 25, 2012
Where is the thread for THE WORST GOVERNOR AND FASTEST RETROGRESSING STATE,infact let's go there:

https://www.nairaland.com/946923/worst-governor-slowest-developing-states#10918918
Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by Slizbeat(m): 1:23pm On May 25, 2012
Where did u guys keep PETER OBI of ANAMBRA STATE?grin, d man is trying only on d aspect of education and bringing in foriegn investors wich atleast is a progress bt d fact dat he has nt done d roads, he has bin disqualified in the LEAGUEgrin bt am stil proud of him, up OBI. Nw 2 d rating, my vote goes to ROCHAS OWELLE As 4 AKPABIO, FASHOLA, OSHO, UDU AND ROTIMI, they are all trying bt dat no mean say if come 2015, any of dm come awt say ah go vote o0grin
Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by begwong: 1:26pm On May 25, 2012
Another Okija: Best Governor: Rivers State

Name of Governor: Rotimi Chibuike Amaechi

Areas of Achievements: Roads (complete with underground drainages, open gutters and street ligets), City expansion, Electricity, Education, Transportation...

Years in office: Barely 4 years..

Party: PDP

Future aspirations: Presidency..

Others worthy of mention include: Akwa Ibom, Lagos, Enugu..

person Governors: Rochas Owelle Okorocha.. IMO STATE.. Aregbesola.. Amongst many in the North and west of Nigeria!
are u an agbero dat u hav to include rochas here?
oh! its now obvious,your brother was the incumbent in power he defeated!
Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by princedant: 1:28pm On May 25, 2012
megxo: u'r talking bout roads, y did he leave d road linking Abia state in such "sowie" state................
bros,i suppose ur talking about enugu phc expressway.. thats a federal road.
Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by Yinkagbo(m): 1:30pm On May 25, 2012
qleap2all: the beautiful ones are not yet born.
what is development when pple are suffering .

seconded........
Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by princedant: 1:34pm On May 25, 2012
nsiadi: Even though Enugu isnt an oil producing state the pace of development , since Chime came on board, is v laudable
He works & keeps working. I wish he will find little time to allow the press know of his achievements
If we are looking for the governor who has achieved most with little resources Chime has no rival
The quality of work is superb---all without exception. The fellow who succeeds him is blessed---going to rest!

Gbam!!!..u've just spoken it the way it is...all these states have more fed allocation than enugu even some have twice enugu allocation monthly...Sullivan has really tried..wish he could stay beyond 2015..
Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by begwong: 1:34pm On May 25, 2012
Another Okija:

Frankly, lets not even compare

Go and see Owerri Port-Harcourt road.. Both are tarred.. But the differences are;

Port Harcourt Axis; Road well tarred, drainages, divided into two, streetlights and soon to be painted with driving aid..

Owerri axis: Poor tar job, no drainages, no divide and when the rians come fully, would return to its status quo!!

ALL ROADS in port harcourt constructed under Amaechi all come complete with drainages.. In some cases the drainages are even underground!! Wait for greater port-harcurt to kick off... IMO STATE!! What a joke!!

Rochas is just 1 year in office, lets wait for him to catch up before we even start to count miles.. When Ekuemes like Amaechi, Apkabio, Sullivan and Fashola are talking, and Otimkpu like Rochas should not even be found in the same state talkless of arena..

If only Rochas can receive d huge allocation Rotimi getsss,i wonder hw yr comparison go be sef,E.O.P(enemy of progress!
Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by Sylverbox(m): 1:34pm On May 25, 2012
After Una don argue finish u all will realise ur jst wasting ur time...all of dem dey chop money but some are choppin n doing something while odas are jst chopping. Make una no fight over things u cnt even chage!
Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by akpanbaba: 1:38pm On May 25, 2012
Myself2]

Obviously a disgruntled follower of Akpan Udoedeghe

Obviously a blind and blood sucking sycophant of a cultist Governor Akpabio.
Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by daywatcher: 1:38pm On May 25, 2012
Sylverbox: After Una don argue finish u all will realise ur jst wasting ur time...all of dem dey chop money but some are choppin n doing something while odas are jst chopping. Make una no fight over things u cnt even chage!

chopping and doing somethings better pass the other option, abi?
Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by EduColombo(m): 1:41pm On May 25, 2012
South east - Rochas
South south - Akpabio
South west - Fashola
But what is best governor, best developing state and all dat when the people are unemployed and hungry?

1 Like

Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by pssword: 1:43pm On May 25, 2012
Has anybody here praising Akpabio ever been to Akwaibom state? Or is this praise based solely on what you hear or read in the papers?
Akpabio is a propaganda master - must of the things people shout about are purely superficial nonsense:

Education - what free education - please go and ask the indegenes his definition of free.
Roads - is it the ones that were already built or the one small ones that were build at 10times the cost
industrialisation - pls point to one that is built and functioning
Library - to do what with
Bridge - to nowhere - also built at a cost that would make your eyes water. This was basically a monument to himself.
infrastructure - where, pls point them out
subsidising movie tickets - to what purpose - na dat one dem go chop?
etc etc etc..

All smoke and mirrors my friends pls go to the state and ask the indegenes what they really think.
Paying journalist to write outlandish stories and institutions to give him awards is what he does best - pure propaganda machine
Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by Myself2(m): 1:45pm On May 25, 2012
akpanbaba: Myself2]

grin grin grin

O boy calm down,we know whatta gwan,maybe someday,the table might turn,but now Akpabio is in charge and he is doing a darn good job

2 Likes

Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by NRIPRIEST(m): 1:46pm On May 25, 2012
I see that nobody is mentioning OBI but time heals all wounds.
Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by Coldfaya(m): 1:52pm On May 25, 2012
Dunno if it 'll b fair to call my state gov. D worse, bt i know he is down down d pecking order. Suswam of Benue State!! We thought His predecessor was bad, but Saswam?? chei no go near am....Crook.
Jst dis week, he imported loads of pigs 4rm Texas or so. Na pig be devt??
Comparing Fashola to other govs is rather unfair cos he is in a league of his own. 1st Fashola, 3rd to last Suswam!
Kwar'ber ve!!
Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by Realrex(m): 1:53pm On May 25, 2012
Though am not from Imo state but u guys shld go there and see things for yourselves action speaks louder than words.
Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by pssword: 1:56pm On May 25, 2012
INFO70:

Sorry, Gov. Akpabio is not tribalistic . This is judged from his landscape of development
He is the best Gov. ever since 1960

Akpabio, 3000 Rural Projects and the Akwa Ibom People
By Essien Ndueso
It was John Quincy Adams(1769-1848) who once said that if your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader. To Adams, the sixth American President, effective leadership occurs when a leader possesses the ability to successfully integrate and maximize available resources in line with the expectations of his people.
One of such ways in which Gov Godswill Akpabio has re-defined leadership to meet with the expectations of the populace, is through massive transformation of rural areas with life-touching projects .
Governor Godswill Akpabio’s resolve to execute developmental projects across the length and breadth of Akwa Ibom State using the direct labour approach is indeed a step to the right direction. The approach is yielding the desired results. In the past four years, over 3000 projects executed by the government so far through this intervention committee, have been completed and many are now being commissioned.
The current phase of commissioning which includes 717 projects was symbolically flagged off by the Governor of Anambra State Dr. Peter Obi, and the Speaker of the House of Representatives Alh. Aminu Tambuwal on September 23, with the inauguration of the ultra-modern Banquet Hall, three new guest houses and some technical facilities constructed at the Government House in Uyo.
Statistics of the projects spread across the three senatorial districts of the state indicates the more than 3000 projects are spread evenly across the 329 political wards of the 31 local government areas in the state, leaving each local government with about a 100 projects each. The projects include electrification schemes, mini water works, schools and offices blocks that have either been constructed or rehabilitated, medical institutions and civic centres, skill acquisition centres and motor parks. Others are agricultural facilities, fishing equipments, offices for judiciary officers, market places end so on.
Between June 3 and September 1, 2008 more than 191 projects initiated and completed, while 550 more were added between January 10 to April 23, 2009.
Similarly, the period between January 26 and July 1, 2010, saw more than 700 community projects completed and commissioned by the Akpabio administration for use by Akwa Ibom people, and thereafter the number grew to over 3000 with some communities which had never known of the existence of government, not just seeing government for the first time but also feeling the direct impact of government.
The bold expressions on the faces of Akwa Ibom people show how much they appreciate the courage, ingenuity, vision, steadfastness and the will power of Governor Godswill Akpabio in his effort to liberate Akwa Ibom State and transform it from its traditional Civil Service status to a viable industrial, economical and physical developed choice destination.
The projects vary from one local government area to another and are sited based on the prevailing needs of benefiting communities.
The inter-ministerial direct labour committee is the warehouse and transformational vehicle for the actualization of the laudable vision of the Akpabio- led administration in the area of rural development.
The Committee headed by the Commissioner for Finance Mr. Bassey Albert Akpan is made up of experts in various spheres of infrastructural development. among them are engineers, technicians, quantity surveyors, estate valuers and architects-all drawn from government ministries, parastatals and agencies.
Governor Akpabio’s government chose the option of using the inter-ministerial direct labour committee in executing the projects because it saves cost and is also devoid of bureaucratic bottlenecks.
Another advantage of the option, according to Mr Akpan, is that Governor Akpabio through the intervention body ensures that the projects are not only delivered on schedule but meet the quality. He emphasised that the current projects handled by the committee were better executed than some of those handled by contractors over the years.
The committee co-ordinates the projects; accordingly, when a potential project site is identified, members of the committee would evaluate it to ascertain the particular aspects that needed to be done. After that, the committee members would visit the various communities to find out their peculiar needs and recommend same to the committee.
Asides speedy completion of the projects, this approach also provides empowerment opportunities for the people of each community.
So far, the government has, through this option, been able to positively impact on the people through physical development of the urban and rural areas; hence, the encomiums that the communities have showered on the governor during the commissioning of the projects.
Governor Akpabio himself has assured that the momentum raise by this direct people-oriented approach to rural and community transformation spree will be sustained.
The celebration that has come with positive impact on the people through the community-based projects, has defied class, age and gender. This is because the numerous projects have impacted on all- the old and young, civil servants and farmers, artisans, men and women alike.
If as Steve Job puts it, leadership is about innovations, then history will definitely maintain an eloquently favourable epitaph on the progenitor of uncommon transformation in Akwa Ibom State, Chief Godswill Akpabio, for electing a realistic and people-oriented approach to governance.

This is a good example of the praise without substance - 717 project without name, purpose or function. Electrification - what does that mean - is it adding poles in the ground or is there really electricity? Waterworks - is that boreholes, plans for boreholes etc and at what cost. No details just smoke and mirrors while the propaganda machine rolls on. Scratch the surface and you'll be amazed.
Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by kingPINN(m): 2:17pm On May 25, 2012
I think Fashola is being over-hyped here, look at it critically, Lagos nets more than 2bn from internal generated funds daily. How has the state better the lots of its residents? Many areas in lagos do not have pipe borne water, good roads n even 4 hrs daily electricity. Do you know how much fuel we buy daily here in Lagos, the no of satchet bags we buy daily. Menh common, the guy is too damned docile now. There's no much significant development in lagos jare,most roads now are being awarded to some stupid low life contractors who do not knw their left to right. See durbar road @ mile 2 for instance, the road hs bn on goin for more than a year, not nearing completion. How many inner roads are tarred in Lagos..Men u guys shd jst open ur eyes n think objectively..
Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by freedman4ever(m): 2:24pm On May 25, 2012
Yes sullivan chime,am a living witness you are a man with a will power to deliver despite the challengs u are have been facing in ur state, i remove my cup for you.l like you my man carry go!
Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by AnotherOkija: 2:40pm On May 25, 2012
freshside: any body that call rivers is not residing in rivers state and as such does not know wht is happening in rivers state most of amaechi projects especially roads are substandard Akwa ibom is the best go there and see the quality of wrks going on there

Nobody said his roads are the best... BUT!! atleast he had the presence of mind to include drainages and streetlights.. Most of the roads would have be be repaired in the not too distant futre BUT HOWEVER!!! It would be only resurfacing them and not the entire work.. Julius Berger was driven out of port-harcourt because of kidnappings.. These Arabs are not doing half bad!! GRA (Woji road) is a classic example of a darn good road.. The rest speak for themselves.. I am a full fledged Port-Harcourt boy.. Its all I know.. And let me say this for free, port-harcourt hasnt seen this much development since Rufus Ada George was Governor!!

If you dont think amaechi is amongst the top 3 governors in Nigeria.. Then you must be so poor in bank and spirit that you should move to IMO state and collect Okorochas 100 naira students allowee..

jmaine: Wow . .How i wish this Akpabio vs Rochas Vs Amaechi Vs Fashola Vs Chime comparison will include more names and also covering all the Geo-political regions wink. . . . . .

Please remove Rochas from that list!!

This is a comparison of real achievers not otimpkus.. The day rochas builds from scratch a flyover and completes it, then maybe we can allow him buy the form to join this league of extra-ordinary gentlemen..

Akpabio - Julius Berger has not failed him..
Amaechi - Arabs and Lebanese companies are really working.. B-class roads but good and sustainable.
Fashola - I dont know what he is doing but Yoruba people cant seem to get enough of him. SO I guess its ok.
Sullivan Chime - Nna this guy is too much and has exceeded by expectations.. I owe him an apology!

Rochas Okorocha - Mr. Media.. Otimkpu 1 of Imo State.. Mr Kerosene man.. Mr 100 Naira student salary, Mr. Tar road without drainage.. I DEY WAIT TO SEE WETIN YOU GO ACHIEVE... I pray to God that you disappoint me, because I have my money on you to be a woeful failure..

Aregbesola... Mr rascal.. Hopeless man, Hopeless State in that hopeless region..

Adams Oshiomole.. Mr. PDP is trying to assasinate me with tanker.. .. One of the hyped governors in the same group with Rochas.. I am watching and waiting.. 1 year down, 3 to go!!

The rest are charlatans!!

ALUSI OKIJA!! The gods are wise
Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by AnotherOkija: 2:42pm On May 25, 2012
begwong:
If only Rochas can receive d huge allocation Rotimi getsss,i wonder hw yr comparison go be sef,E.O.P(enemy of progress!

The only enemy you have is you!! If you consider an under achiever like rochas to be the best governor inNigeria today, then I have nothing but pity fo you.. You must have been ruled by principalities and powers before now!!

Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:45pm On May 25, 2012
It seems Fashola isn't as revered as he was during his first term, I guess the people's eyes have become open to his mind games and media propaganda by now, the guy is a crook at heart with a sweet mouth.

Best gov should go to AKPABIO clearly

2 Likes

Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by Ekowise(m): 2:46pm On May 25, 2012
Wht eva any1 wil say, though Lagos is far developd cmpare 2 any state in Nig bt d gov Babatunde Raji Fashola remains d best.
D list:
Lagos
Rivers
Imo
Akwa Ibom
Edo
Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by AnotherOkija: 2:46pm On May 25, 2012
Deleted!
Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by AnotherOkija: 2:46pm On May 25, 2012
begwong:
are u an agbero dat u hav to include rochas here?
oh! its now obvious,your brother was the incumbent in power he defeated!

Imo State!! My brother!!!! Tufiakwa!!

Not matter how pussiecat like make e fat, e no fit ever be Lion!! DO I look to you like the type to come from Imo State?! nna stop trying to associate with greatness.. I am dat Igbo boy!! Repping Anambra for life!!

You celebrate Rochas!! I laugh at 100 naira salary for Imo kids..

Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by Afam4eva(m): 2:47pm On May 25, 2012
ALUSI OKIJA no go kill me with comedy.
Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by akpanbaba: 2:52pm On May 25, 2012
akpanbaba: Myself2]

O boy calm down,we know whatta gwan,maybe someday,the table might turn,but now Akpabio is in charge and he is doing a darn good job

My Brother if he is doing a damn good job.It is ok.But are the indigenes not ashamed of sheding that quantum of blood just for the so-called development?.As for being in charge nobody is contesting that. Are you aware that Odili was in charge before in a Rivers state but can he walk freely in Rivers now?.You can take life today but you will account for that life in the future.If you are not affected negatively by what you call government in the state dont rejoice but remember it is very dangerous to ride on the back of a tiger.My advice -stay on the part of truth no matter whose ox is gored.The egyptians the Akwaibomites see today ,one day they will see them no more.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Tinubu Speaks As Abba Kyari Takes Bill To Buhari In London / Bukola Saraki's Sister, Gbemi Mocks Him In A Video. Says He's Currently Losing / Buhari And Osinbajo Spotted On Their First Day In Office In Abuja(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.