Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,296 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:16 AM

Can You Marry A Nija Girl, You Met Online? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Marry A Nija Girl, You Met Online? (2784 Views)

14 Differences Between The Girl You Date And The Woman You Marry / What Is The Biggest Amount You Have Given A Girl You Dated Or Flirted With? / Best Way To Forget About A Girl You Love That Doesnt Care About U (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Marry A Nija Girl, You Met Online? by Gnexplore: 2:37pm On Nov 19, 2007
Gudday All,

Can you marry a nija girl, you met online? if yes what and what do you need to know?
My friend met one 10months ago, now he wants his ppl to perform all traditional rights, so she can join him abroad.

But he is worried if it is right to marry a Nigerian online and if he is missing out something.

What is your take?

Thank you

Gnexplore
Re: Can You Marry A Nija Girl, You Met Online? by ifyalways(f): 4:18pm On Nov 19, 2007
hmmmmn na waoh here !your friend as not met the girl in person and wants to start the traditional rites shocked shocked shocked i hope he doesnt come here or send you to ome here when the yahooze marriage starts running problems.

to answer ya question ,YES i can marry someone i meet online but not without meeting physically,have normal courtship and know ourselves very well. wink don't forget its a life long affair supposed to be and people sometimes tend to portray an image of what they are not online.advice ya friend to get to know the girl first before rushing into anything please. lipsrsealed
Re: Can You Marry A Nija Girl, You Met Online? by zigbo(f): 12:25am On Nov 20, 2007
it happens everyday
Re: Can You Marry A Nija Girl, You Met Online? by Blackcat(f): 7:23pm On Nov 20, 2007
I also got married to the man I met on line. We have been happily married for two years now but we met face to face.
Re: Can You Marry A Nija Girl, You Met Online? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Nov 20, 2007
Blackcat:

I also got married to the man I met on line. We have been happily married for two years now but we met face to face.

really?
you people are brave o
but I can see how that can happen.
see here on nairaland,there are clicks
so it's not difficult to fall in love with someone before seeing them
Re: Can You Marry A Nija Girl, You Met Online? by Nobody: 7:33pm On Nov 20, 2007
Gnexplore:

Gudday All,

Can you marry a nija girl, you met online? if yes what and what do you need to know?
My friend met one 10months ago, now he wants his people to perform all traditional rights, so she can join him abroad.

But he is worried if it is right to marry a Nigerian online and if he is missing out something.

What is your take?

Thank you

Gnexplore

God forbid!
Is he afraid of flying ,is he a wanted criminal in Nigeria or does he have a genetic defect?
what can't he travel home and see the girl face to face.
she may be ogbanje lipsrsealed
infact she may even be a he lipsrsealed
people should not dabble into marriage like it were a game of ludo
someone he's planning to spend the rest of his life with and he can't afford a 2 week vacation to see her live.
Tufiakwa!!

The girl also has issues
Wanting to marry an e-man
how does she know his abunna can stand at attention?

where is almondjoy,her input is needed on this thread!

almond oooooooo
almond leeeeeeeeee
where art thou?
Re: Can You Marry A Nija Girl, You Met Online? by Blackcat(f): 7:41pm On Nov 20, 2007
'nwando ' its not how you met the person but how well it all ends. My husband treats me like a queen, the naija guy I was dating for 4 years before I got married sent me to the hospital twice for skull x-ray (beat me up, mercilessly) because of jealousy.
Re: Can You Marry A Nija Girl, You Met Online? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Nov 20, 2007
good for you dear,at least you met before the marriage
The person in question at this thread wants to marry before meeting.
how bizarre is that?
Re: Can You Marry A Nija Girl, You Met Online? by Blackcat(f): 10:04pm On Nov 20, 2007
'nwando' you are absolutely right at least he should meet her first before marrying her.
Re: Can You Marry A Nija Girl, You Met Online? by Kaestro(m): 4:25pm On Nov 21, 2007
If he's prepared to stake his whole life,he can go ahead and get married to this internet-woman.Its sounds exciting seeing that actually happening.
Re: Can You Marry A Nija Girl, You Met Online? by maxxy: 2:54am On Mar 19, 2008
I met this muti-talented girl on the net, and it seemed as if I coud think of nothing else. I had to travel a great distance just to meet her thinking it could help me clear my mind, but i ended up being more confused than i was before I left. Five years down the line, it has been an interesting time.

You can actually marry someone you met online, but at some point you have to meet physically to be sure that the person is for real, and that the electricity between the two of you is not just an attraction to danger. Pictures and calls are not enough. Na naija we dey and anything is possible if you believe.
Re: Can You Marry A Nija Girl, You Met Online? by Howambay(m): 5:27pm On Feb 27, 2013
It is not safe for him to have only dated online without thorough investigation or not have idea about her life style here.....So beware of desperadoes who can do anybody!

(1) (Reply)

Please What Is The Difference Between "l Love You" And " I'm In Love With You" / I Am In Love With A Girl I Haven't Seen: / Lesbian And Gay Marriage Both Sides Of The Issue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.