Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,445 members, 7,816,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

Her Husband Lied About His Job - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Her Husband Lied About His Job (22245 Views)

My Wife Lied About Her Age, What Should I Do? / My Friends Wife Lied About Her Virginity. / She Lied About Her Sick Mum To Be With Another Man All Through The Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Her Husband Lied About His Job by PrettyCindy(f): 12:11pm On May 27, 2012
Now this thread is officially opened! LMAO!!!
Re: Her Husband Lied About His Job by Nobody: 1:13pm On May 27, 2012
Iyawo Siena shocked shocked
Re: Her Husband Lied About His Job by shushu(f): 1:14pm On May 27, 2012
gaggi hello,
your side of the family seems to be doing all the work.Why hasnt his own family also been approached to contribute some of the money for business for your cousins husband

2 Likes

Re: Her Husband Lied About His Job by Nobody: 1:26pm On May 27, 2012
shushu: gaggi hello,
your side of the family seems to be doing all the work.Why hasnt his own family also been approached to contribute some of the money for business for your cousins husband

Well, all looked well during d intro and d wedding. His family was well represented and they looked comfortable to me. They did their own bit etc. I'm not one to pry too much, however if it was my own sister i will feel more comfortable using a search light to screen without anyone saying i'm poke nosing.
The thing is i was approached for help and i hate to play god and start asking all sorts of questions just because i was approached for help. I dunno but i have decided to throw some help their way. I'm hoping it all turns out well.
I don't think it's the worst crime in d world, it's better than marrying an armed robber. Since the guy is a graduate, d future might as well be bright u never knw. Since a child is on the way, baby girl just has to stick in there and make things work.
Re: Her Husband Lied About His Job by Nobody: 1:28pm On May 27, 2012
repeated
Re: Her Husband Lied About His Job by maclatunji: 1:58pm On May 27, 2012
Gaggi:

Well, all looked well during d intro and d wedding. His family was well represented and they looked comfortable to me. They did their own bit etc. I'm not one to pry too much, however if it was my own sister i will feel more comfortable using a search light to screen without anyone saying i'm poke nosing.
The thing is i was approached for help and i hate to play god and start asking all sorts of questions just because i was approached for help. I dunno but i have decided to throw some help their way. I'm hoping it all turns out well.
I don't think it's the worst crime in d world, it's better than marrying an armed robber. Since the guy is a graduate, d future might as well be bright u never knw. Since a child is on the way, baby girl just has to stick in there and make things work.

BlueDiva has hinted at what I am about to say but let me repeat it. You guys(for your cousin's sake) should find-out why her husband lied. Sometimes people make the wrong decisions not because they are evil but because the wrong thing is convenient and they are too weak to resist it. He may really love your cousin and might have thought that the only way she wouldn't reject him is if he lied. Of course, it is totally wrong and if he shows sufficient remorse and mends his ways, you may give him a chance but let him know that he is under probation. He shall remain under probation with you the family until he shows sufficient change in character which is independently verifiable.

Good luck!
Re: Her Husband Lied About His Job by lifestyle1(m): 3:32pm On May 27, 2012
Oil mugu... What if he said he was jobless b4 they got married..... angry

scam!
Re: Her Husband Lied About His Job by Nobody: 3:32pm On May 27, 2012
Why is anyone not contemplating divorce!!!?
Re: Her Husband Lied About His Job by denitro(m): 3:41pm On May 27, 2012
Good for the girl.
That is the result you get when you are too materialistic.
I have dated girls like that...

N.B: If a girl is simple and down to earth and not too concerned about
her boyfriends educational background, job, money etc, guys will
open up about their lies.
He knew that the girl will dump him the moment she knows he is jobless.
MORAL OF THIS STORY: DON'T BE TOO CHOOSY, YOU MIGHT JUST END UP CHOOSING A JOBLESS GUY

2 Likes

Re: Her Husband Lied About His Job by Jarus(m): 3:43pm On May 27, 2012
The lady is at fault too. Didd she marry him because of his 'oil money'?
Re: Her Husband Lied About His Job by sweetchicks(f): 3:53pm On May 27, 2012
in this kinda situation, i beleive you should help the husband out just for the sake of the wife... seriously, wen a baby is involved it becomes dicey.. give the husband the opportunity to prove himself worthy of her and if he fails? all's not lost. you withdraw your sister from the union ... this kinda sit happened to a relative and she is still living with the jobless hubby.. the shameless man never got himself a job even after he was discovered several years after they got married and she is still suffering it. you really have to be cautious sha o! i pray God helps her.
Re: Her Husband Lied About His Job by peter2012: 3:53pm On May 27, 2012
girls should learn to know or investigate more about their would-be husband. Did she want to marry him because he claimed to work for an Oil company? If yes, then it serves her right. If No, then I pray he gets a job.
Re: Her Husband Lied About His Job by cantell(m): 3:56pm On May 27, 2012
jennykadry:

One of the reasons why I love my traditional values the more. Before any of us got married, my father and his brother travelled to do correct investigation before anything happened. My word was not enough for them, they had to do some background checks so tey they went to the guys village sef to do proper checking and this person was not even in Nigeria, talk little of someone who lives in Nigeria and she could not find this little thing out? undecided

You know, your father & his brother should help "jonah" with the subsidy probe.lol
Looks like they're quite goodgrin
But on a more serious note, our traditional values won't allow someone to get married like that, without background checks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Advice Needed: On The Verge Of Hitting My Mum / 12 Contrasting attitudes Many Nigerian Men Exhibit In Marriage.Right or Wrong / Coulpes Passwording Their Fones:wright Or Wrong

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.