Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,441 members, 7,816,000 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:14 PM

Her Husband Lied About His Job - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Her Husband Lied About His Job (22244 Views)

My Wife Lied About Her Age, What Should I Do? / My Friends Wife Lied About Her Virginity. / She Lied About Her Sick Mum To Be With Another Man All Through The Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Her Husband Lied About His Job by raizajoyN: 8:51am On May 28, 2012
That was unbearable. If your husband lied to you about it, then, that would be a ground for divorce if you won't agree for a settlement and apology from him.
Re: Her Husband Lied About His Job by XtremeBase(f): 8:59am On May 28, 2012
inene: One simple question. Who paid for the wedding, was it your family or didnt the guy contribute towards his own wedding. You will have to help out but as you know there is no guarantee that you will get your money back. Take it as an investment into the life of your cousin. It may even be that the guy hasnt got a degree so when yuor cousin graduates from her present Masters course, she will get a job to start feeding the twart. I dont want to be judgemental but the guy appears to be a gold digger. I am not sure love is involved here. Its important to find out if your cousin fell in love with the guy or the oil company job so that she would have a comfortable life. YOu need to find out all this before you start investing in a crook. I am sorry if my language is a bit strong.

Inene, i didnt even see this when i made my own post. These are my points exactly? The guy is a gold digger and had this all planned out. I am pretty sure it would have been a small wedding or even court, and the guy knowing he has no money except the one his oil company working friend gives him would tell the cousin that he doesnt like anything loud, he wants a small wedding with just family and few friends etc. SMH!
Re: Her Husband Lied About His Job by kpolli(m): 9:28am On May 28, 2012
yes I could be called wicked but I would advice u not to raise any money for them. . . Her father has a reason for not helping out. . . The husband myt just blow the money n nothing wud come out of it which is much more painful. . . Let him go to his family to borrow money. . .

PS: It serves ur cousin rite
Re: Her Husband Lied About His Job by iykak47: 9:29am On May 28, 2012
All these criticism towards the guy, is it because he lied or because 'he has not made it'(jobless]?.
Kai Poverty it no go better for you, see as everybody de hit the guy front and back, I can now agree that a married man without money is not far from hail fire.
Se wetin ego oyel de cause, long throat.

1 Like

Re: Her Husband Lied About His Job by Nobody: 9:37am On May 28, 2012
the guy better enrol for an acting career...he's really talented at being sharp!
Re: Her Husband Lied About His Job by kpolli(m): 10:17am On May 28, 2012
iykak47: All these criticism towards the guy, is it because he lied or because 'he has not made it'(jobless]?.
Kai Poverty it no go better for you, see as everybody de hit the guy front and back, I can now agree that a married man without money is not far from hail fire.
Se wetin ego oyel de cause, long throat.

He lied to the whole family just because he wanted to marry her. . . . That was really bad of him (n foolish of her)
Re: Her Husband Lied About His Job by abbeymighty(m): 10:39am On May 28, 2012
That guy is not responsible for him to have tell his inlaw a big lie like that. Also am sure ur coursin must hv know that he is jobless except if she is after money not bother about her hobby profile. Why is he jobless? Is he graduate or drop out? Watch out for this b4 given out ur money pls.
Re: Her Husband Lied About His Job by MissEZ(f): 12:11pm On May 28, 2012
I am sorry but i am not buying the whole story of him lying because HE LOVES HER. If he truly loved he, he would have been honest with her and would have trusted her with his plight. Contrary to popular opinions there are still women out there who will settle with a man with great potential. Now how is he sure she didnt marry him cos of his perceived wealth? All this deception to gain something at all cost is not a good move. Even if he lied to her parents, he should not have lied to her. There is no way to justify what he did cos a huge part of their marriage was built on falsehood.

In a society like Nigeria, why will we condemn someone who is jobless especially if the person has shown great effort in securing a job. We are criticizing the man not cos of his joblessness, but his deceit because he basically scammed the chick into marrying him. The lady on her own part should have been wiser and taken the time to know the man before she married him. Both parties share some blame, but the man is the one with the bigger share

1 Like

Re: Her Husband Lied About His Job by Nobody: 1:09pm On May 28, 2012
Though, I dont support the deceitful character of the guy but I think he had to do that because of the percerption of 'love' our ladies have. ladies nowadays believe money means love. If there is no money, there is no love. The guy I think did not want to lose the girl and so had to lie to get married to her.

For me, I believe the girl married to him because of the money and not for love because, how could she introduce him to her family in November and got married to him just 2months later? That's ridiculous!

It served her right!

1 Like

Re: Her Husband Lied About His Job by ayonuga(m): 3:30pm On May 28, 2012
denitro: Good for the girl.
That is the result you get when you are too materialistic.
I have dated girls like that...

N.B: If a girl is simple and down to earth and not too concerned about
her boyfriends educational background, job, money etc, guys will
open up about their lies.
He knew that the girl will dump him the moment she knows he is jobless.
MORAL OF THIS STORY: DON'T BE TOO CHOOSY, YOU MIGHT JUST END UP CHOOSING A JOBLESS GUY

Buhahaahaha...if you want a good laugh, walai just come to NL.

My 2cents...family is family, Dude should be forgiven and the whole thing thoroughly investigated. Get in touch with his family, they r the best people to give you his history.

Help the dude out, if you can get him cash, no wahala...better still a job tho. but keep an eye on them. Oh and one more thing, spank your cousin for being so naïve plus her family def didn't do enough to find out info about the guy.
Re: Her Husband Lied About His Job by angiemartinez(f): 9:21pm On May 28, 2012
dat is wat u get 4rm tryn 2 marry a rich man. Am sure 1 poor boy myt av askd ur lil couz out, but she optd 4 oil worka, so let her enjoy her oil puddy.

2 Likes

Re: Her Husband Lied About His Job by yemivictor: 6:52am On May 29, 2012
i don't believe the story one bit. not in this day and age in Nigeria.
Re: Her Husband Lied About His Job by programmer2: 7:12am On May 29, 2012
hw can u marry son one that u jst meet in four month and u did not ask him of his parent u would ve ask them too am sure she was carried away by love and advice for her either live him or break up becus she just start her life it will not be easy to do all the responsibilty
Re: Her Husband Lied About His Job by jpphilips(m): 9:53am On May 29, 2012
XtremeBase:

Inene, i didnt even see this when i made my own post. These are my points exactly? The guy is a gold digger and had this all planned out. I am pretty sure it would have been a small wedding or even court, and the guy knowing he has no money except the one his oil company working friend gives him would tell the cousin that he doesnt like anything loud, he wants a small wedding with just family and few friends etc. SMH!

go sit down abeg, everyday women tie men with pregnancy, they are not even ashamed these days flaunting the fire ball during weddings, what is the big deal that a man tied a woman with pregnancy? it is gender equality in my books, as for the Santa claus big cousin wey dey invest for con men, your case is more pathetic than your cousin's
Re: Her Husband Lied About His Job by cesil92: 4:03pm On May 29, 2012
Somen Women are so care-free, simple minded and easily deceivable.. They claim to be wiser than men, not knowing they are no way near a man's intelligence. NOT ALL THAT GLITTERS THAT IS GOLD. Probably your cousin was this type of very selective babe eyeing READY-MADE MEN, probably this man has been woeing her and she keeps refusing, hence the man had to step up his game just to get your cousin.. Now the question is, Na who win? Definitely na d guy.. Pls help me tell ur cousins husband to kip it up. Him try and I like dat.. Up NAIJA MEN!!! DOWN NAIJA LADIES WEY DEY FIND RICH MAN TO MARRY!

1 Like

Re: Her Husband Lied About His Job by cesil92: 4:09pm On May 29, 2012
I am TOTALLY in SUPPORT of the MAN. He is a true son of the soil.. A big lesson to ladies who love and want to marry for the sake of money. The Man won the game while the Lady lost in all..
hahahahahahaha.. Laffn in pidgin english.

1 Like

Re: Her Husband Lied About His Job by Nobody: 6:27pm On May 29, 2012
I am truly amazed at the ease of which people just jump into relationships these days, not to talk of things as binding as marriage.
How is it done?
I can't understand it. So a guy just rolled in (over-dressed most likely, like every other Nigerian) and says whatever. You verify NOTHING and you are already accepting engagement ring and marrying him?

Okay well, so deed done, fowl yansh opened, moving forward et al... smiley
The good Lord would expect us to act in love and forgiveness, especially as she has already made the dreadful mistake of marrying the chap. But the consequences of his action will unfortunately remain...which will be the general lack of respect from that entire household for him. He would not rightfully be able to have his voice heard in anything to do with the family.

The question is not whether or not funds are raised and business is started and successful etc (it's only money) the REAL question is whether HE as a man will be able to live with himself under the stigma of what he has made himself out to be in the eyes of his new family members and even his wife.
These are the sort of men who get several[b] hot slaps [/b]from their wives everyday...and they unfortunately can't do a darn thing about it because they have no voice.
Re: Her Husband Lied About His Job by BusHouse(m): 12:04am On Jun 02, 2012
DailyNews:
Lolz...honestly the girl should take all the blame for her misery now...since the ladies in Nigeria have continually refused to listen to the so many testimonies, cries & call made by guys towards helping them reform to more wiser & virtuous ladies. Recently since April, I had been assigned a car where I work, and I had been using the car, also taking it to church, which happens to be the most place I visit aside my work. You cannot believe the surprises I had been encountering, thank God I am disciplined & reserved when it comes to such issues. I am not just going to say everything here shaa, but at least we all understand what I am trying to say- our nation has lost it entirely when it comes to good moral, we now attach so much value to immaterial things than true identity & personality/potential in a person, especially our today ladies. Becos of the pressure, couple with the issue of hold up & bad road in where I stay, I decided not to be taking the car home anymore, so I now use it for office assignments & park it in the office so I don't end up attracting some gold-digging folks who may end up putting me in a tight corner. Honestly, when guys tell you people that our ladies of today are too materialistic, believe them & if ur a lady, just take it as a lesson to change ur lifestyle- I know its hard, but through prayers & self-control u can achieve it. Stop fighting people that advice u on how to be a virtuous lady, just take the wise ones & discard the unwanted ones instead of arguing. But then, I am not saying girls should date or marry broke guys like some may interpret now, NOPE pls...but don't just allow ur heart & self to be inclined towards material gains, favor & gifts from the opposite gender; instead look for personality, ability, potential, character, attitude, aspiration, ambition, dream, goals, vision, etc...instead of the instant gains u would get. When making ur choice of partner, whether he is rich, poor, average or whatever, consider his dreams, his potential, his personality, he person & other reasonable things that define a man instead of just what u see around him at the moment- be it money, job, post, etc. If all Nigerian ladies married & single are to come here to testify, u ladies reading this will be shocked; becos most ladies have been deceived by what they saw, wealth, jobs, cars, etc, & even some that did fell for a man cos those stuffs & luckily married the person that has all that will still tell u sth to learn from. Finally as I always tell people here, with the advent of social network sites & forums like this, no girl or guy ought to make mistakes in choosing either a lover or a life partner becos so many informative & educating true life stories have been shared to teach people one or two things. Guys pls desist from scams, if ur not capable of handling a relationship or marriage y go into one? must u date? must u marry? must u have a girlfriend in life? NOPE!
Prof, u try 4 d sermon but dos babe no go hear. They are 2 materialistic.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Advice Needed: On The Verge Of Hitting My Mum / 12 Contrasting attitudes Many Nigerian Men Exhibit In Marriage.Right or Wrong / Coulpes Passwording Their Fones:wright Or Wrong

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.