Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,986 members, 7,810,753 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:32 PM

Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians (16821 Views)

Forgive Me Where I Erred, Jonathan Begs Nigerians / Don’t Abandon My Administration’s Ongoing Projects, Jonathan Urges Buhari / Don’t Abandon My Husband In 2015- Patience Jonathan. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by civac(m): 8:41pm On May 27, 2012
President Goodluck Jonathan on Sunday called on Nigerians not to abandon him as he tries to surmount the various challenges facing his
administration, especially insecurity.
Jonathan spoke at the 2012 Democracy Day
church service at the National Christian Centre, Abuja. Jonathan said he was hopeful that with the support of Nigerians, his administration would overcome its challenges.

Source: www.punchng.com/news/dont-abandon-me-in-these-trying-times-jonathan-begs-nigerians/

1 Like

Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by hakanai(m): 9:12pm On May 27, 2012
Mr president,Nigerians have not forsaken you.It is more like you have rather forsaken Nigerians for the corrupt elite and true enemies of the country. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
While some people still expect alot from you some have lost hope greatly.You are still yet to take charge!! Even your utterance sale you out as not in control.Why?Nigerians look up to you and hope you deliver them out of this situation and all you have to do is embrace them and implement policies that will better things for them.

15 Likes

Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by aljharem(m): 9:18pm On May 27, 2012
Mr President, Nigerian have not abandoned you in fact some of us that were support your opposition in the last election are not supporting you.

You forsaked us when you increases the price of fuel rather than the cabal

You left us when you allow likes of Alams to be sitting beside you rather than account for his stolen wealth

You forgot about us when you give our marine security in the hands of an ex-militant.

We are still praying for you that God touch your heart and you can put the people first before politicians/politics.

Please sir, show us you love us and we would love you back with equal measures. THANKS

4 Likes

Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by dasparrow: 9:19pm On May 27, 2012
civac: President Goodluck Jonathan on Sunday called on Nigerians not to abandon him as he tries to surmount the various challenges facing his
administration, especially insecurity.
Jonathan spoke at the 2012 Democracy Day
church service at the National Christian Centre, Abuja. Jonathan said he was hopeful that with the support of Nigerians, his administration would overcome its challenges.

Source: www.punchng.com/news/dont-abandon-me-in-these-trying-times-jonathan-begs-nigerians/

I sorry for GEJ. He has no faith in himself as commander in chief and he is afraid of the cabals in his administration. So it does not matter how much support Nigerians give him, if he (GEJ) cannot grow a spine and reveal all those corrupt politicians holding Nigeria hostage, then there is nothing Nigerian citizens can do. No amount of support from Nigerians far and wide will make a difference.
Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by aljharem(m): 9:22pm On May 27, 2012
Moreover sir, I would like to call your attention to Beaf and other poster here. They are not helping you sir.

These posters have reduced your power to a mere tribal leader rather than a Nigerian leader.

Us drumming support for you or not does not give anyone the right to start insulting other people from other sections of the country.

We true Nigerian pray that God gives you wisdom to do the right thing sir.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by lutherking1(m): 9:35pm On May 27, 2012
alj harem: Moreover sir, I would like to call your attention to Beaf and other poster here. They are not helping you sir.

These posters have reduced your power to a mere tribal leader rather than a Nigerian leader.

Us drumming support for you or not does not give anyone the right to start insulting other people from other sections of the country.

We true Nigerian pray that God gives you wisdom to do the right thing sir.
good advice @ alh herem. I hope d President sees dis nd call beaf 2order.
Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by Nobody: 9:42pm On May 27, 2012
This Goodluck is a funny man

1 Like

Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by olajide8(m): 10:22pm On May 27, 2012
If GEJ is just realising now because a few northern governors said they wouldn't support him come 2015, he should have known 6 months ago, that nigerian's had and were leaving him, because of his clueless"ness" and direction"lessness" let me state out all the mistakes of the president see just a few;
SECURITY- encouraging boko haram by not wiping them out when he had the opportunity to
CORRUPTION- by withering the power of Efcc and making them a redundant ineffective parastal his wife Dame is now the person issuing government contracts she is the acting president while he is the acting first lady.
POWER- by spending more money on darkness and promising in his words we vow to increase power of late he wanted to fraudulently steal from us again by increasing the price/tariff of what we do not have electricity.
ECONOMY- by spoiling and increasing the level of inflation he met a mudu of beans at N200 now it goes for N320 a 70% or less percent increase.
FUEL - he unilaterally increased the price without recourse to nigerian's interest on the first of January, they also increased the price before thinking of, in his governments words "palliatives" (our rights are now palliatives) the subsidy probe, they want to sweep under the carpet, my take they assessed the probe to see that they wouldn't find anything against or case against themselves, before they decided to allow efcc to probe the case "malabu oil block" case
numb case.
EDUCATION- it has become so muddled up they don't know what to do, imagine UTME choosing different entry points for students, they can't scrap NBTE, colleges of education commission, they don't want to unify the schools and bring them apar
NEPOTISM and FAVOURITISM -can be said to be GEJ hallmark
DISRESPECT FOR NIGERIANS- imagine sending soldiers to lagos to stop nigerian's from doing a peaceful protest against all the wrongs of the government.

4 Likes

Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by jason123: 10:50pm On May 27, 2012
In as much as I respect GEJ and I think he should be respected, I'll have to say that he allowed his presidency to be mired by ethnic, religious and regional sentiment which reduced his power base in the country. This coupled with the already frustrating situation in Nigeria gave rise to the discontent he is receiving from Nigerians.

I just hope God gives him the wisdom to rule such a complex nation like Nigeria!
Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by AjanleKoko: 11:34pm On May 27, 2012
shocked shocked shocked
Is GEJ having a laugh here or what?
Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by ASOROCKb(m): 11:59pm On May 27, 2012
Confused leader of all time.
Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by Nobody: 1:50am On May 28, 2012
Lol. Can you imagine? That's like a boy shaming his father's name by means of thievery, deception, and then asking his father to support him. Father go disown the boy. Nigerians will disown GEJ. As for those of us who never supported him, we're still in the corner watching him make a fool of himself saying "we told you so".

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by londoner: 2:02am On May 28, 2012
He is right......Nigerians want GEJ to perform magic, yet they are also an obstacle.

As a people, Nigerians are so negative, yet they want to experience something positive...........

They talk as if everything was a paradise in Nigeria before THEY ELECTED GEJ...........lol

3 Likes

Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by Nobody: 2:08am On May 28, 2012
^^^^

Nigerians are so negative? With January's fuel subsidy removal/scam, Boko Haram and their fearlessness, talks of tenure elongation, N155 Billion handouts to cronies, and Nigeria's highest levels of corruption all within ONE YEAR, why should anyone be positive?

8 Likes

Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by bittyend(m): 3:52am On May 28, 2012
Fishermen are good comedians, and JonaFAIL is just doing the normal practice... Retarded president..
Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by CyberG: 4:11am On May 28, 2012
ogugua88: ^^^^

Nigerians are so negative? With January's fuel subsidy removal/scam, Boko Haram and their fearlessness, talks of tenure elongation, N155 Billion handouts to cronies, and Nigeria's highest levels of corruption all within ONE YEAR, why should anyone be positive?

Goodness me! If you were anywhere around here, I'd like to meet you! Your posts are usually b ang on!

3 Likes

Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by Mcdondayan: 5:25am On May 28, 2012
Eh ya uncle Jona stop crying, we ll not abandon u, we ll keep on praying 4 u. But heaven helps those who help themselves.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by Nobody: 6:54am On May 28, 2012
dis GEJ head nor correct oh.

3 Likes

Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by londoner: 7:20am On May 28, 2012

You and I know fully well, that Nigerians have been a negative lot way before fuel subsidy removal, Boko Haram, tenure elongation etc.........until the attitude changes, nothing will change around them.

They will continue to wait in vain for one lone savior to deliver them their "perfect Nigeria"....and grumble until then.....

Even if people are not happy, what are they actually prepared to do about it......I mean beyond a "protest" for less than a week.......
It is convenient to blame one individual for all this but is it really an honest thing to do?

I doubt very much, that the past year has seen Nigeria's highest levels of corruption, just that the extent of the long standing corruption has been further uncovered thats all.............

1 Like

Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by MrGlobe(m): 7:26am On May 28, 2012
Reminds me of the woman that will beat her child and tell her not to cry. Crying over spilled milk? Oga jona, we don abandon you since. Them anyway, because I never supported you
Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by londoner: 7:41am On May 28, 2012
^^^^Yes, well....as adults, we even learn to understand the times of discipline dished out to us by our parents when we were kids. To the extent that some of us even turn around to discipline our own children.........

Just because something may hurt it does not mean it should not be done at all.......the way things have been handled is the issue here if any.

After Jonathan there will be another individual that Nigerians will thrust the whole responsibility of the country and their own lives onto.........without realizing how unrealistic they are being.

Even Obama talked about people doing the same thing over again while expecting different results.
Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by kokoA(m): 7:54am On May 28, 2012
If he is tired of the work, he should resign and go back to ijaw politics in Bayelsa jare. He shouldn't forget to take Sambo with him to, because from GEJ to Sambo will be a complete disaster fa.
Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by moderattor: 7:59am On May 28, 2012
lol
Thinking that GEJ is a confused man is a very wide imagination.
Thats how Mohammed Ali kept beating all his oponents.
Giving a false impression of weakness and whiping oponents front and back!
Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by Clerverly: 8:11am On May 28, 2012
Blame Beaf!
Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by ASOROCKb(m): 8:59am On May 28, 2012
Clerverly: Blame Beaf!
Lol, for what nah?
Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by ASOROCKb(m): 9:00am On May 28, 2012
moderattor: lol
Thinking that GEJ is a confused man is a very wide imagination.
Thats how Mohammed Ali kept beating all his oponents.
Giving a false impression of weakness and whiping oponents front and back!
Like this, huh?
Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by BlackBaron: 9:03am On May 28, 2012
If he can't take the heat, then resign.

Feels like we're all onboard a ship with no Captain .
Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by polokor60(m): 9:08am On May 28, 2012
londoner: ^^^^Yes, well....as adults, we even learn to understand the times of discipline dished out to us by our parents when we were kids. To the extent that some of us even turn around to discipline our own children.........

Just because something may hurt it does not mean it should not be done at all.......the way things have been handled is the issue here if any.

After Jonathan there will be another individual that Nigerians will thrust the whole responsibility of the country and their own lives onto.........without realizing how unrealistic they are being.

Even Obama talked about people doing the same thing over again while expecting different results.

stop beating around the bush,simply admit that jonathan is a colossal failure and nigerians are tired of his lame/flimsy excuses.one word for this clueless,liverless and corrupt leader''get the hell out of the kitchen if you can't withstand the heat''
Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by Lisa1: 9:17am On May 28, 2012
[img]http://www.50centloseweight.com[/img]
BlackBaron: If he can't take the heat, then resign.

Feels like we're all onboard a ship with no Captain .
bumps
Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by londoner: 9:35am On May 28, 2012
polokor60: stop beating around the bush,simply admit that jonathan is colossal failure and nigerians are tired of his lame/flimsy excuses.one word for this clueless,liverless and corrupt leader''get the hell out of the kitchen if you can't withstand the heat''

I don't remember saying he was successful.....but to be honest he is no worse than those before him. My issue is that Nigerians are looking to him as if he is the Jesus that will change water to wine or Moses who will part the Red Sea..... for them....

Nigeria's success or failure will be and is as a result of Nigerians and what they do or fail to do........from the president right down to you and me...........that is FACT...

So he has not yet stopped Boko Haram in their tracks....did you think he could?
So he has not yet stopped corruption single handedly....again did you honestly think he could?

Even the things you disagree with, like the budget, did you honestly expect him to police himself?

The tasks people are expecting him to have delivered by now are insurmountable for one man and unrealistic.

That can only be done with an administration that is largely focused on anti- corruption and also a people who are largely incorruptible and have their sleeves rolled up ready to work and sacrifice.......that is not the Nigeria I see before me currently to be honest. I feel that Nigerians as the electorate and citizens have been failures to be honest........they always step back and let failure happen. They thought going out to vote was all..........that was just the beginning. They have not yet seen their responsibility in this and how they have been the catalyst for todays Nigeria.

With a different type of people, the "colossal failures" as you put it would not occur in every single administration year upon year........

The man is not a magician or stronger than the prevailing political and social culture of Nigeria/ns.

If only moaning and pointing out obvious flaws delivered actual change.....Nigeria would now be a paradise.....lol.

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by Olaolufred(m): 10:11am On May 28, 2012

I LOVE YOU Ogugua88.

3 Likes

Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by Nobody: 10:56am On May 28, 2012
This bumbling, insincere and terminally corrupt president (yes I know he is not the first @londoner) does not have my support.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

APC Moves To Sack Heads Of Federal Agencies Loyal To Opposition - Independent.ng / National Assembly Postpones Resumption / Oyegun, El-rufai & Abubakar Visit Okorocha, Condemn Kano Killing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.