Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,426 members, 7,822,970 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:37 PM

Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians (16831 Views)

Forgive Me Where I Erred, Jonathan Begs Nigerians / Don’t Abandon My Administration’s Ongoing Projects, Jonathan Urges Buhari / Don’t Abandon My Husband In 2015- Patience Jonathan. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by londoner: 11:40am On May 28, 2012
^^^ the point is what will you do?

He doesn't need your vote until 2015 at the earliest, so I guess you are stuck with him and his bumbling,insincerity and terminal corruption, as you put it.

I don't get how Nigerians feel they have accomplished something by simply criticizing GEJ.

I tell you, that golden opportunity to protest against corruption (until tangible achievement) was wasted in the subsidy "protests".......displeasure is now reduced to postings on Nairaland and Facebook.........eyes wide shut indeed...lol

I'm afraid you'll have to suck it up Nigerians...............until you utilise your collective power to gain the results you profess to seek.
Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by Nobody: 12:13pm On May 28, 2012
@Londoner, oh I know what the needful is and it is getting done (as some Indian folk I know are wont to say)wink
Unlike you, I am not so confident the current administration, which is so heavily compromised - just like those that went before it (words you need to hear grin) - would make it to 2015.
Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by swtchicgurl: 3:49pm On May 28, 2012
who's jonathan?
Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by Naijamericana: 3:50pm On May 28, 2012
civac: President Goodluck Jonathan on Sunday called on Nigerians not to abandon him as he tries to surmount the various challenges facing his
administration, especially insecurity.
Jonathan spoke at the 2012 Democracy Day
church service at the National Christian Centre, Abuja. Jonathan said he was hopeful that with the support of Nigerians, his administration would overcome its challenges.

Source: www.punchng.com/news/dont-abandon-me-in-these-trying-times-jonathan-begs-nigerians/

Do what you need to do as a strong leader and Nigerians will not abandon you...ah, ah...nothing in this world is osho free o! angry
You can start with
1. Oil subsidy corruption
2. boko haram
3. infrastructure development
Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by OAM4J: 3:51pm On May 28, 2012
Mr president abandon corruption and corrupt people and we wont abandon you.

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by ifihearam: 3:54pm On May 28, 2012
Your excellency sir. Do not be dismay because we Nigerians will never abandon you,we are standing by you not because you have actually fulfilled all what you promised but simply because others clamouring for your seat are much worst than you and we have no option other to to support you.
But please try to concentrate more on the time you have before your tenure expires by prooving your detractors wrong before looking for another,do something tangible for us to see and your second tenure will be guaranteed. Stay away from mediocres and sychophants.
Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by Orikinla(m): 3:56pm On May 28, 2012
Recommended for GEJ and Patience and followers limited.

Stand By Me by Ben E. King.

When the night has come
And the land is dark
And the moon is the only light we'll see
No I won't be afraid, no I won't be afraid
Just as long as you stand, stand by me

And darlin', darlin', stand by me, oh now now stand by me
Stand by me, stand by me

If the sky that we look upon
Should tumble and fall
And the mountains should crumble to the sea
I won't cry, I won't cry, no I won't shed a tear
Just as long as you stand, stand by me

And darlin', darlin', stand by me, oh stand by me
Stand by me, stand by me, stand by me, yeah

Whenever you're in trouble won't you stand by me, oh now now stand by me
Oh stand by me, stand by me, stand by me

Darlin', darlin', stand by me, stand by me
Oh stand by me, stand by me, stand by me.
Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by Nobody: 3:56pm On May 28, 2012
Your "Goodluck" has abandoned you - what makes you think Nigerians won't do the same?? This guy sounds more clueless every time he opens his mouth. You abandoned the people who voted you in; gave them false hopes; embraced insecurity, ineptitude, and corruption; and institutionalized cluelessness - yet, you want Nigerians not to abandon you...

I don't know but I just don't understand 'Nigeria' and 'Nigerians'. We are we??
Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by hotwax: 3:58pm On May 28, 2012
Stupid guy. Boko haram no be PDP business venture?

Make we no abandon you so u can kill us ?
Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by Nobody: 4:00pm On May 28, 2012
[s]
ifihearam: Your excellency sir. Do not be dismay because we Nigerians will never abandon you,we are standing by you not because you have actually fulfilled all what you promised but simply because others clamouring for your seat are much worst than you and we have no option other to to support you.
But please try to concentrate more on the time you have before your tenure expires by prooving your detractors wrong before looking for another,do something tangible for us to see and your second tenure will be guaranteed. Stay away from mediocres and sychophants.
[/s]

No one can ever be worse than GEJ, period..

This is actually the worst period in Nigeria's history (apart from the civil war period), to be honest.. Every student of Nigerian history ought to know that...

1 Like

Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by Nobody: 4:01pm On May 28, 2012
OAM4J: Mr president abandon corruption and corrupt people and we wont abandon you.

Succinct
Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by sureboykris(m): 4:02pm On May 28, 2012
haka_nai: Mr president,Nigerians have not forsaken you.It is more like you have rather forsaken Nigerians for the corrupt elite and true enemies of the country. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
While some people still expect alot from you some have lost hope greatly.You are still yet to take charge!! Even your utterance sale you out as not in control.Why?Nigerians look up to you and hope you deliver them out of this situation and all you have to do is embrace them and implement policies that will better things for them.
. True talk
Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by Opoki(m): 4:02pm On May 28, 2012
Jonathan, if you must use goodluck to run this country smoothly, you need patience!

1 Like

Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by Nobody: 4:05pm On May 28, 2012
londoner:
He doesn't need your vote until 2015 at the earliest, so I guess you are stuck with him and his bumbling,insincerity and terminal corruption, as you put it.

As you put it, huh?? I guess you haven't been reading news about Nigeria of late.

I don't get how Nigerians feel they have accomplished something by simply criticizing GEJ.

So, what do you suggest?? Sit down, and be docile - whilst the whole Nigeria goes into abyss, nah?

I tell you, that golden opportunity to protest against corruption (until tangible achievement) was wasted in the subsidy "protests".......displeasure is now reduced to postings on Nairaland and Facebook.........eyes wide shut indeed...lol

I'm afraid you'll have to suck it up Nigerians...............until you utilise your collective power to gain the results you profess to seek.

What you done in your own little way to effect a change - other than critique people who still find time to post a comment against the utterly corrupt, and inept government?? Maybe, you need to follow your own advice - and actually do something..

1 Like

Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by Nobody: 4:06pm On May 28, 2012
haka_nai: Mr president,Nigerians have not forsaken you.It is more like you have rather forsaken Nigerians for the corrupt elite and true enemies of the country. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
While some people still expect alot from you some have lost hope greatly.You are still yet to take charge!! Even your utterance sale you out as not in control.Why?Nigerians look up to you and hope you deliver them out of this situation and all you have to do is embrace them and implement policies that will better things for them.

Realtalk, from my brother up North... Salute!
Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by chines4(m): 4:08pm On May 28, 2012
When he abandoned us since after the election angry
Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by Nobody: 4:09pm On May 28, 2012
moderattor: lol
Thinking that GEJ is a confused man is a very wide imagination.
Thats how Mohammed Ali kept beating all his oponents.
Giving a false impression of weakness and whiping oponents front and back!

grin grin grin grin grin
Menh i dey tell u,
Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by Delafruita(m): 4:12pm On May 28, 2012
londoner:

I don't remember saying he was successful.....but to be honest he is no worse than those before him. My issue is that Nigerians are looking to him as if he is the Jesus that will change water to wine or Moses who will part the Red Sea..... for them....

Nigeria's success or failure will be and is as a result of Nigerians and what they do or fail to do........from the president right down to you and me...........that is FACT...

So he has not yet stopped Boko Haram in their tracks....did you think he could?
So he has not yet stopped corruption single handedly....again did you honestly think he could?

Even the things you disagree with, like the budget, did you honestly expect him to police himself?

The tasks people are expecting him to have delivered by now are insurmountable for one man and unrealistic.

That can only be done with an administration that is largely focused on anti- corruption and also a people who are largely incorruptible and have their sleeves rolled up ready to work and sacrifice.......that is not the Nigeria I see before me currently to be honest. I feel that Nigerians as the electorate and citizens have been failures to be honest........they always step back and let failure happen. They thought going out to vote was all..........that was just the beginning. They have not yet seen their responsibility in this and how they have been the catalyst for todays Nigeria.

With a different type of people, the "colossal failures" as you put it would not occur in every single administration year upon year........

The man is not a magician or stronger than the prevailing political and social culture of Nigeria/ns.

If only moaning and pointing out obvious flaws delivered actual change.....Nigeria would now be a paradise.....lol.
people elect leaders for one reason only,to make their lives better by any means necessary.a leader needs the people's support to win an election,afterwards the followers expect him to steer the ship with or without their support.every leader has to contend with a vibrant opposition,a myriad of domestic and international problems,an unsupportive populace and so on so it would be mischievious to give those reasons as excuses for retardeen's failure of gargantuan proportion.obasanjo didnt have support but that didnt stop him from pursuing policies he believed in.ebele has all the machinery of government at his disposal,he simply needs to use them to achieve his objectives but he is reluctant to.in 2005,we werent anxiously waiting for the next election but this 2012 and we are already hoping its 2015.ebele has failed and its unfortunate he has 3more years
Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by SpiritofOkija(m): 4:13pm On May 28, 2012
Mr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan..

I Alusi Okija have not forsaken you..

The gods have also not forsaken you...

Stay strong..

He who God has blessed, no man curse..
Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by Nobody: 4:20pm On May 28, 2012
londoner: He is right......Nigerians want GEJ to perform magic, yet they are also an obstacle.

As a people, Nigerians are so negative, yet they want to experience something positive...........

They talk as if everything was a paradise in Nigeria before THEY ELECTED GEJ...........lol

I understand where you're coming from, but why did GEJ give false hopes - when he knew darn well he's just going to maintain the status quo??

I've always maintained that Nigerians should be used as a case-study for what bad followers are really like - but that doesn't negate the fact that most Nigerians are a product of a system - which has abused them physically and mentally from time immemorial.. Hence, why everyone has adapted to mediocrity as a way of life.. Everyone is out to survive in the jungle - and when your instincts work solely on survival mode - you would always want instant results..

No one is expecting GEJ to be the 'saviour', nor turn everything around in one night - but he has to show he's down with Nigerians.. He has to show that understands their struggles; roll his sleeves up; and assure them, he is ready to give them the dividends of 'democracy'.

Fashola isn't a messiah - but Nigerians love him because of the little changes he has been able to effect in Lagos (though most of them are elitist). But he's still doing something... What is GEJ is doing??

1 Like

Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by Nobody: 4:24pm On May 28, 2012
GEJ can still make history - whilst still being utterly corrupt, to be honest...

He just needs to take a cue from OBJ, and how GSM alone made him a hero to most Nigerians - despite being utterly corrupt...

GEJ just need to give Nigerians stable electricity - and most won't care if he robbed the country blind.. But I doubt he's smart enough to pull it off..

1 Like

Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by Nobody: 4:29pm On May 28, 2012
Hear me Mr President, i have forsaken you, i have lost faith in you, i see you as a devil that has got no emotions. Thousands of innocent lifes that voted for u have been lost thru boko haram and u havent dare to name these sponsors because of your 2015 ambition. May the blood of those killed torment u and ur wife mercilessly at night forever. Amen!
Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by NRIPRIEST(m): 4:34pm On May 28, 2012
GEJ, means well for the country and he really wants to improve our lots.I dont see him as a corupt leader but Nigerians are blinded with tribalism,sentiments and bigotry. I believe this man can take us closer to the promise land.
Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by SpiritofOkija(m): 4:35pm On May 28, 2012
NRI PRIEST: GEJ, means well for the country and he really wants to improve our lots.I dont see him as a corupt leader but Nigerians are blinded with tribalism,sentiments and bigotry. I believe this man can take us closer to the promise land.

Bravo!!!
Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by mcbertin: 4:35pm On May 28, 2012
We are not expecting any magic from the president, rather we are disappointed at his lack of courage in taking some decisions that will move the nation forward. We don't expect him to perform any magic because as it is today, there is no institution that tutors the president on the powers available to him and how he can use them as it is in other countries before the president takes full powers. I am personally not surprised that the president is not performing because i saw it coming. I will also be surprised if he performs in the future.

Good Luck anyway to the president.
Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by miteolu(m): 4:36pm On May 28, 2012
Now that 99% of patriotic Nigerians don forsake u. You have boko Haram sincere support in bombing
Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by Sweetlemon(f): 4:42pm On May 28, 2012
londoner:

I don't remember saying he was successful.....but to be honest he is no worse than those before him. My issue is that Nigerians are looking to him as if he is the Jesus that will change water to wine or Moses who will part the Red Sea..... for them....

Nigeria's success or failure will be and is as a result of Nigerians and what they do or fail to do........from the president right down to you and me...........that is FACT...

So he has not yet stopped Boko Haram in their tracks....did you think he could?
So he has not yet stopped corruption single handedly....again did you honestly think he could?

Even the things you disagree with, like the budget, did you honestly expect him to police himself?

The tasks people are expecting him to have delivered by now are insurmountable for one man and unrealistic.

That can only be done with an administration that is largely focused on anti- corruption and also a people who are largely incorruptible and have their sleeves rolled up ready to work and sacrifice.......that is not the Nigeria I see before me currently to be honest. I feel that Nigerians as the electorate and citizens have been failures to be honest........they always step back and let failure happen. They thought going out to vote was all..........that was just the beginning. They have not yet seen their responsibility in this and how they have been the catalyst for todays Nigeria.

With a different type of people, the "colossal failures" as you put it would not occur in every single administration year upon year........

The man is not a magician or stronger than the prevailing political and social culture of Nigeria/ns.

If only moaning and pointing out obvious flaws delivered actual change.....Nigeria would now be a paradise.....lol.
He's no worse? ok. which president ever made an over %100 increment in fuel price on JAN 1ST
which president ever said that terrorism is something it's citizens should "live with?"
please mention the last time you heard of multi-billion (not million o!) Naira and even dollar scams flying all over the place? when?
Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by rufflychux(m): 4:47pm On May 28, 2012
Do NOT invest your hope in any Nigerian politician. They are ALL the same, LIARS. It is worldwide and they are worthless. I have LOST hope in my country indefinitely. They are ALL PUPPETS. It is ironic that his name is Goodluck because he has continued the indefinite stream of BADLUCK started by his predecessors. Goodluck Jonathan, just another puppet.
It is also ironic that Nigeria's flag is green - agriculture and white - peace, with muslims killing Christians
left right and center.
Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by Jabioro: 4:50pm On May 28, 2012
Can you imagine Mr president! After we supported him to get shoe and bag,enrolled him to the light,what else does he want again,most of innocent blood split during ur presidency election are crying,you can nt even think of all the pains we all went through to mount you,no dividend instead you afflict the Nigerians,you and your cabals,how fickle and soon you forgot ur campagn and inuaguaratn msg.you are an oliver twist who always want more without nothing to show for it.darkness to pay for,less journey more fare,chaos everywhere,insecurity,sure upon unsure programe to extend we bcome palliative nation,OGA GEJ we r tired of and ur party Ph .D. Ph !
Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by safarigirl(f): 4:51pm On May 28, 2012
New word in the Dictionary....Jonathan: A weakling; lacks determination especially when in a leadership role e.g 1. the class captain is nothing but a Jonathan. 2. The Jonathan couldn't even put up a good fight.
Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by Nobody: 4:51pm On May 28, 2012
NRI PRIEST: GEJ, means well for the country and he really wants to improve our lots.I dont see him as a corupt leader but Nigerians are blinded with tribalism,sentiments and bigotry. I believe this man can take us closer to the promise land.

Says the biggest tribalist, and bigot on NL... NRI Priest, and Okija_juju co-signing eachother makes you wonder why people say: "the gods are dead??".. grin grin grin

The gods are not dead, they reside on NL.
Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by Nobody: 4:52pm On May 28, 2012
NRI PRIEST: GEJ, means well for the country and he really wants to improve our lots.[size=14pt]I dont see him as a corupt leader[/size] but Nigerians are blinded with tribalism,sentiments and bigotry. I believe this man can take us closer to the promise land.

And you're calling Nigerians blind? Lol. I guess you're unaware of the Malabu Oil Scandal. GEJ denounces every corruption allegation hurled at him. You would think that if these accusations were false, then, as president, he could bring the accusers to book on defamation of character charges at the least. GEJ can't fight off corruption charges the same way and for the same reason he can't say "Amen" to an anti-corruption prayer.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Top 5 Nigerian Philanthropists Inspiring Youth Entrepreneurship / Buhari Failed All His Exams (IBB) / Diezani Alison-Madueke Was Not In Court Today - Kayode Ogundamisi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.