Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,290 members, 7,822,435 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians (16829 Views)

Forgive Me Where I Erred, Jonathan Begs Nigerians / Don’t Abandon My Administration’s Ongoing Projects, Jonathan Urges Buhari / Don’t Abandon My Husband In 2015- Patience Jonathan. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by Sike(m): 7:44pm On May 28, 2012
Mtchewww. Siddon dia.. U wey me don 4get teytey!
Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by JimmyBoy1: 7:45pm On May 28, 2012
Na wa o, GEJ has depleted his entire political capital within one year to the extent that he now needs an overdraft....
Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by goodluckizuchi: 7:46pm On May 28, 2012
I we pray to god that created heaven and earth to please not to put u there instead of u let formal hean of sate buhari enter that sit let us know that in more two weeks this nigeria we die like ant please don't pray or hope that u we deceive us again bes we nigeria youth are now hopeless in u don't ever dream of goin to 2+15 bcs ur dreams we not come true this time (thanks have a very bad dreams today)m goodluck
Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by Oluwadare: 8:07pm On May 28, 2012
ogugua88: ^^^^

Nigerians are so negative? With January's fuel subsidy removal/scam, Boko Haram and their fearlessness, talks of tenure elongation, N155 Billion handouts to cronies, and Nigeria's highest levels of corruption all within ONE YEAR, why should anyone be positive?
I can smell a quality when i sight one been following ur posts for sometime and eeh i appreciate ur senses of acciminatiön,thank u i like quality alot.
Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by EACBLAZE: 8:13pm On May 28, 2012
shymmex:

I understand where you're coming from, but why did GEJ give false hopes - when he knew darn well he's just going to maintain the status quo??

I've always maintained that Nigerians should be used as a case-study for what bad followers are really like - but that doesn't negate the fact that most Nigerians are a product of a system - which has abused them physically and mentally from time immemorial.. Hence, why everyone has adapted to mediocrity as a way of life.. Everyone is out to survive in the jungle - and when your instincts work solely on survival mode - you would always want instant results..

No one is expecting GEJ to be the 'saviour', nor turn everything around in one night - but he has to show he's down with Nigerians.. He has to show that understands their struggles; roll his sleeves up; and assure them, he is ready to give them the dividends of 'democracy'.

Fashola isn't a messiah - but Nigerians love him because of the little changes he has been able to effect in Lagos (though most of them are elitist). But he's still doing something... What is GEJ is doing??

I Concur to that.

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by Bright2(m): 8:26pm On May 28, 2012
Am not gona say any thing now till 2014 lipsrsealed
Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by ak47mann(m): 8:31pm On May 28, 2012
GEJ will will stand beside you and protect you.BIAFRANS ARE BEHIND YOU cool
Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by Nobody: 8:58pm On May 28, 2012
ak47mann: GEJ will will stand beside you and protect you.BIAFRANS ARE BEHIND YOU cool

with the support of a thoroughly defeated nation, gej will go even further cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by ak47mann(m): 9:01pm On May 28, 2012
oyb:

with the support of a thoroughly defeated nation, gej will go even further cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
na ur papa defeat my nation or i thought it was no victor, no vanquished’. undecided undecided undecided war still on cool
Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by Victorjoseph(m): 9:04pm On May 28, 2012
@Jona Why wont nigerians abandon u! wen u don have something to deliver.C boko haram mata no fit tak correct action u insisted in avin dialog wit a terrorist.Jonna na me abadone you pass
Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by Nobody: 9:07pm On May 28, 2012
ak47mann: GEJ will will stand beside you and protect you.BIAFRANS ARE BEHIND YOU cool
Speak for yourself.
Unless those south-easterners I know are crazy, the above sounds like a load of drivel.
@ogugua88,
May almighty God bless you. If I wasnt involved with someone else, I swear I would have made legit moves to bring you to my house.
While tribal bigots like NRI PRIEST and Okija juju parade this forum like aked masquerades,make a mockery of whatever education was invested on them with inane and dense remarks, a lady uses her well-put points to put supposed men of intellect to shame.
Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by bittyend(m): 9:09pm On May 28, 2012
ak47mann: na ur papa defeat my nation or i thought it was no victor, no vanquished’. undecided undecided undecided war still on cool

Nwanne, if you were not defeated, why do you guys cry foul everyday?? BiaFAIL was defeated, and crushed 6feet under..

Biko, find a new name for your republic; and not a Portuguese name this time..

I suggest: Republic of Akpu, and Oha. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cool cool
Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by ak47mann(m): 9:13pm On May 28, 2012
StarBoard:
Speak for yourself.
Unless those south-easterners I know are crazy, the above sounds like a load of drivel.
@ogugua88,
May almighty God bless you. If I wasnt involved with someone else, I swear I would have made legit moves to bring you to my house.
While tribal bigots like NRI PRIEST and Okija juju parade this forum like aked masquerades,make a mockery of whatever education was invested on them with inane and dense remarks, a lady uses her well-put points to put supposed men of intellect to shame.
blood!! only a fool will see what is happening in Nigeria and act as if the country is moving forward,you better slap yourself,i will advice you to put on your bomb and bullet prove vest cuz is on cool

1 Like

Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by Princessaleeza: 9:17pm On May 28, 2012
londoner:

I don't remember saying he was successful.....but to be honest he is no worse than those before him. My issue is that Nigerians are looking to him as if he is the Jesus that will change water to wine or Moses who will part the Red Sea..... for them....

Nigeria's success or failure will be and is as a result of Nigerians and what they do or fail to do........from the president right down to you and me...........that is FACT...

So he has not yet stopped Boko Haram in their tracks....did you think he could?
So he has not yet stopped corruption single handedly....again did you honestly think he could?

Even the things you disagree with, like the budget, did you honestly expect him to police himself?

The tasks people are expecting him to have delivered by now are insurmountable for one man and unrealistic.

That can only be done with an administration that is largely focused on anti- corruption and also a people who are largely incorruptible and have their sleeves rolled up ready to work and sacrifice.......that is not the Nigeria I see before me currently to be honest. I feel that Nigerians as the electorate and citizens have been failures to be honest........they always step back and let failure happen. They thought going out to vote was all..........that was just the beginning. They have not yet seen their responsibility in this and how they have been the catalyst for todays Nigeria.

With a different type of people, the "colossal failures" as you put it would not occur in every single administration year upon year........

The man is not a magician or stronger than the prevailing political and social culture of Nigeria/ns.

If only moaning and pointing out obvious flaws delivered actual change.....Nigeria would now be a paradise.....lol.
his d worst president we've ever heard if dat is wot u want 2 no,is just 2 dull 4 my liking & he shud not even bother 2 come in 2015.
Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by Musiwa49: 9:33pm On May 28, 2012
i will assume most of you are not nigerian. Most Nigerian hate Jonathan Goodluck. Nairaland is far from the truth in Nigeria.

instead of the same person login in under different username trying to praise Jonathan Goodluck. the truth is Jonathan Goodluck is not electable any more in Nigeria. And if he ring the election . It will lead to serious violent. And this is what they have been telling you.

One of the major problem with Nigeria, is that we are scared to tell the truth.

But the truth is Jonathan Goodluck is not electable in Nigeria. This is the honest truth. instead of the owner of nairaland altering information because he may have been bribe. The fact face Jonathan Goodluck in the face. And majority of Nigerian do not want him after 3 years of failure of his govt to address vital issue in the life of Nigerian.

Jonathan Goodluck is now about 3 years not 1 year in power as nairaland has been misleading people. Nigerian continue to complain about his govt been corrupt and he as not change and inner members of his govt are knewn for corruption. And people have pointed those people over and over again. And Jonathan Goodluck have refuse to correct it. The national assembly probe are more of acting and EFCC arrest are more of acting for the international community. The truth on ground shows nothing have changed in govt.

So he need to face the truth and not all of this same people login in under different name.

Jonathan look like the wrong man for the job.. He is not able to deal with the real issue because of his ethnic background. He as just 3 senators he can call his own. Even for him to pass a bill, He cant do that. Nigeria basically as a weak president in term of vote at the national assembly.
We basically have a president who is not electable among Yorubas,Igbo and the north.. which constitute the majority of the nation.

He is basically a president who is not acceptable in 2/3 of the states in Nigeria. So nigeria has problem. Any re election of Jonathan Goodluck will basically lead to more violent on nigeria street. This is what they are trying to tell you. Knowing nigeria, it will lead to more igbos and yorubas been killed. Do you think the Igbo people will be stupid to vote for a man who will lead to more igbos been killed or do you think Yorubas are happy that our people are been killed for nothing.

This is why I have said over and over again to break up Nigeria. because it will lead to more violent when people force their wish on people. Look at it this way. If the north get power. The issue of the satellite pictures will never be resolve. And I can assure, because the north have seen the satellite pictures, if they get power, they will never let go of power. When I mean NEVER , I mean NEVER. NEVER , NEVER , NEVER . And how long can the south prevent the north from having power. And not forever without a civil war.

So the need to find a permanent solution to the problem. And break up is the only way. Like I said rotation is not the solution. Next govt will come and change it.

I say we break up nigeria into 4 countries. It is not possible to create a country for the ijaw people like they want. Look they live in the creek and child motality is so high. And they do not have the capacity to be a country. They need the finance support of either the west or East. So they have to make up their mind to where they want to stand.

Look warri is own by itsekiri, the King of Itsekiri name is Seju Emiko, the one before him Ayo Emiko.

The issue is after Jonanthan no southerner will be ever be safe in the nation of nigeria. And the truth face us in the face. The need to break up Nigeria before more problem. He is thinking of himself mostly and not others. But that should not be the character of a good leader.

I know it is hard to tell the truth in Nigeria. But we cant move forward with this altitude of lies .

And not saying amen during a prayer, show, he is either involve or support it. All nigeria president say amen to prayer. I can post many nigeria leaders who say amen to prayer on Youtube

You can not become a good president without God. And no president can get better without critic. Nigerian are praise singer, thinking they will get something in return for praising people.

If Jonathan is not doing well you tell you. This is one major even in Nigeria church. when patience or Jonathan goes there most pastors are calculating how much they may get or loss by telling him the truth. you can not develop with sure spirit.

Obama in church

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kf0x_TpDris&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PLA34AA3FF3D5E6423

Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by Azubreezy(m): 9:50pm On May 28, 2012
GEJ has looked into d abyss... nw d abyss is staring back at him. Oya reap wat u sow, Mr president. Dont listen to him, Nigerians. Poiliticians are like d Chinese. dey all look alike.. chronic liars!
Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by Nobody: 9:55pm On May 28, 2012
during

Obasanjo's term na..plane crash..poverty at 80% level

jonathan;s term...boko haram..poverty at 120% level..
Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by omoalaro: 10:00pm On May 28, 2012
Mr. President, I have not ceased praying for you since I was forced into your boat by 22million thoughtless Nigerians.
One year down the journey, I am feeling really very dizzy. To think that I still have 3years in your boat is scary. Thinking of the possibility of your insistence to continue for another 4 years as the captain is even more scary.
Please be assured, Mr President that you did not disappoint me one bit, you are infact daily confirming my fears about the possibility of your captainship. I can not at this time forsake you. Doing so would mean suicide for me.
I pray that God in His infinite mercies would assist you to paddle this boat to its destination so that I can get down safely.
If I do, I will never forget the longest 4 years of my journey through life.
Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by Nobody: 10:09pm On May 28, 2012
My fellow Jonah, i never finish...If you call soldier to shoot at will because i wan protest, i wan make you listen to wetin i need to tell you, you no send me, now, when we don neglect you..you dey beg...Make Ogun kill you and patience...BASTARD...

1 Like

Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by Delafruita(m): 10:30pm On May 28, 2012
Musiwa,,:
i will assume most of you are not nigerian. Most Nigerian hate Jonathan Goodluck. Nairaland is far from the truth in Nigeria.

instead of the same person login in under different username trying to praise Jonathan Goodluck. the truth is Jonathan Goodluck is not electable any more in Nigeria. And if he ring the election . It will lead to serious violent. And this is what they have been telling you.

One of the major problem with Nigeria, is that we are scared to tell the truth.

But the truth is Jonathan Goodluck is not electable in Nigeria. This is the honest truth. instead of the owner of nairaland altering information because he may have been bribe. The fact face Jonathan Goodluck in the face. And majority of Nigerian do not want him after 3 years of failure of his govt to address vital issue in the life of Nigerian.

Jonathan Goodluck is now about 3 years not 1 year in power as nairaland has been misleading people. Nigerian continue to complain about his govt been corrupt and he as not change and inner members of his govt are knewn for corruption. And people have pointed those people over and over again. And Jonathan Goodluck have refuse to correct it. The national assembly probe are more of acting and EFCC arrest are more of acting for the international community. The truth on ground shows nothing have changed in govt.

So he need to face the truth and not all of this same people login in under different name.

Jonathan look like the wrong man for the job.. He is not able to deal with the real issue because of his ethnic background. He as just 3 senators he can call his own. Even for him to pass a bill, He cant do that. Nigeria basically as a weak president in term of vote at the national assembly.
We basically have a president who is not electable among Yorubas,Igbo and the north.. which constitute the majority of the nation.

He is basically a president who is not acceptable in 2/3 of the states in Nigeria. So nigeria has problem. Any re election of Jonathan Goodluck will basically lead to more violent on nigeria street. This is what they are trying to tell you. Knowing nigeria, it will lead to more igbos and yorubas been killed. Do you think the Igbo people will be stupid to vote for a man who will lead to more igbos been killed or do you think Yorubas are happy that our people are been killed for nothing.

This is why I have said over and over again to break up Nigeria. because it will lead to more violent when people force their wish on people. Look at it this way. If the north get power. The issue of the satellite pictures will never be resolve. And I can assure, because the north have seen the satellite pictures, if they get power, they will never let go.

I know it is hard to tell the truth in Nigeria. But we can move forward with this altitude of lies .

And not saying amen during a prayer, show, he is either involve or support it. All nigeria president say amen to prayer. I can post many nigeria leaders who say amen to prayer on Youtube

You can not become a good president without God. And no president can get better without critic. Nigerian are praise singer, thinking they will get something in return for praising people.

If Jonathan is not doing well you tell you. This is one major even in Nigeria church. when patience or Jonathan goes there most pastors are calculating how much they may get or loss by telling him the truth. you can not develop with sure spirit.

Obama in church

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kf0x_TpDris&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PLA34AA3FF3D5E6423
it took a lot of painstaking effort to go through your post.even now am still lost.
Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by Biggyd2: 10:32pm On May 28, 2012
Once, he told us that he was a lamb now he has degenerated to a MMMMEEEEEOOOOWWWW!!! So long as you hobnob with the thieves in Aso Rock to keep Nigerians in bondage, WE SHALL DROP YOU LIKE SOME BAD HABIT!
Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by ballabriggs: 10:47pm On May 28, 2012
dadaic: My fellow Jonah, i never finish...If you call soldier to shoot at will because i wan protest, i wan make you listen to wetin i need to tell you, you no send me, now, when we don neglect you..you dey beg...Make Ogun kill you and patience...BASTARD...

LMAO take am easy abeg.
Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by Walexz02(m): 10:54pm On May 28, 2012
eGuerrilla: This bumbling, insincere and terminally corrupt president (yes I know he is not the first @londoner) does not have my support.

Na wa o! Fooooooolish fisherman dt can nt provide 4 his pple wt GOD has privided 4 him free.
Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by Tehmmytayour: 10:54pm On May 28, 2012
alj harem: Mr President, Nigerian have not abandoned you in fact some of us that were support your opposition in the last election are not supporting you.

You forsaked us when you increases the price of fuel rather than the cabal

You left us when you allow likes of Alams to be sitting beside you rather than account for his stolen wealth

You forgot about us when you give our marine security in the hands of an ex-militant.

We are still praying for you that God touch your heart and you can put the people first before politicians/politics.

Please sir, show us you love us and we would love you back with equal measures. THANKS
alj harem: Mr President, Nigerian have not abandoned you in fact some of us that were support your opposition in the last election are not supporting you.

You left us when you allow likes of Alams to be sitting beside you rather than account for his stolen wealth

You forgot about us when you give our marine security in the hands of an ex-militant.

We are still praying for you that God touch your heart and you can put the people first before politicians/politics.

Please sir, show us you love us and we would love you back with equal measures. THANKS

Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by Nobody: 10:55pm On May 28, 2012
ak47mann: blood!! only a fool will see what is happening in Nigeria and act as if the country is moving forward,you better slap yourself,i will advice you to put on your bomb and bullet prove vest cuz is on cool
Again I implore you to speak for yourself.
Your rants won't take you anywhere.
Ask yourself if the Igbo position on GEJ still remains the same a year after they almost unanimously voted him before you bark here like a deranged lunatic.
It's the Igbos who are suffering the most as a result of his clueless and dim-witted approach to national issues.Yet you abuse the privilege of free speech and free Internet to yap nonsense.
Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by Ganys: 12:08am On May 29, 2012
JONATHAN's Promise of FRESH AIR
Read
F= Fuel Subsidy removal
R=Religious and Ethnic crises
E=Expands in bombings from one part of d
country to anoda.
S=State of emergence in Brono, others
H=High rate of
poverty and unemployment.
A=ASUU Strikes
I=Insecurity in the 2012
R=Restlesness and fustration
in our youth
Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by Goldieluks: 12:25am On May 29, 2012
While you continue eating the life?? Bullshiitology.
Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by oiseworld: 12:30am On May 29, 2012
we are behind you presido, and God is behind us all.
Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by iJAY1: 4:51am On May 29, 2012
Got your back dude. There'll never be a president who'll enjoy the loyalty of everybody. Do your thing, haters dont count [color=#770077][/color]
Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by londoner: 5:02am On May 29, 2012
Sweetlemon:
He's no worse? ok. which president ever made an over %100 increment in fuel price on JAN 1ST
which president ever said that terrorism is something it's citizens should "live with?"
please mention the last time you heard of multi-billion (not million o!) Naira and even dollar scams flying all over the place? when?

I don't agree with the way the prices were hiked massively without easing it in, but I do agree that the subsidy needed to be scaled back gradually to the barest minimum, with measures for the poorest.

That is not to say that price hiking, protests and "action" from labour groups who profess to speak on behalf of Nigerians have not been commonplace over the years.

http://www.socialistworld.net/mob/doc/1721
^^^^history repeating itself...........

We had the price hikes during Obasanjo's regime, seven times in fact. Thankfully, it was not all at once (and that was the grave and insensitive mistake GEJ made) but it ended up being a price hike of over 100% from the price he OBJ at the beginning of his tenure.

As far as multi billion Naira corruption, we ALL KNOW that has been commonplace and common knowledge in the political landscape. Or do you not see the embezzlement of money by past presidents and political bigwigs as corruption?
Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by londoner: 5:20am On May 29, 2012
ogugua88:

Well, take a look at what is PDP. They have been ruling since 1999. They've produced an ex-con [/b]and [b]a swindler who tried manipulating the Constitution so that he could run for a third time. He was succeeded by a man, who already looked dead the night he was elected, and spent most of his time in overseas hospitals. Now GEJ. If Nigerians are the angriest people on earth, they have every right to be.

Nigerians are not perfect, but that doesn't mean they deserve a lesser government. Nigerians are the way they are in response to what and how government has been since the 1980s. Nigerians stopped protesting because as they were fighting for democracy and using their voices as promised under true democracy, they were threatened by the Nigerian Army rather than guaranteed safety.

So, Nigerians wanted a different type of leader and party, yet voted in the same.......at the very least they should not expect different. If Nigerians thought they deserved better or different, why did they vote the same way they have been since 1999 then?

Not just voting someone in, but still a people who will not sustain pressure on those that govern them.....to deliver. I still for the life of me do not understand why local, state and federal political representatives have free reign to squander, steal and lie among a people who outnumber them hundreds of thousands of times over.

Look, your leaders know you......they know you will simply throw insults and bark at them (in between many trying to engaging them in corruption to make a quick buck), while they stash funds in overseas accounts.

You will not get any other type of leaders until you become different followers

In this case, it is convenient to blame the highest individual. A president may have corrupt and rogue officials under him. As LEADER, it is his job to discipline or punish/discharge such people from his government, not join them and then stand in front of NTA cameras and tell bold-faced lies about fighting corruption in your government. I'm the eldest child in my family. If anything goes wrong, my parents call me to order to sort those younger than me. This is no different.

Corruption is still corruption, whether the levels are high or low.

It may be "convenient", but how is it working based on the same behavior in the past?
Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by londoner: 5:48am On May 29, 2012
One thing GEJ needs to do asap, is to stop making these announcements.

If people start to see and feel improvement, that alone will go a long way.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Corruption: Garba Shehu Blames Nigerians For Transparency’s Poor Ranking / House Of Reps Suspends Constitution Review Exercise In Imo State / Top 5 Nigerian Philanthropists Inspiring Youth Entrepreneurship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.