Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,149 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

SNG Rejects How UNILAG Was Named After MKO Abiola - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SNG Rejects How UNILAG Was Named After MKO Abiola (15741 Views)

Buhari Must Name Aso-rock After MKO Abiola / Longest Flyover In West Africa (kano state), Named After OBASANJO- Pictures / President Jonathan’s Mother Reveals Why He Was Named ‘Goodluck’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SNG Rejects How UNILAG Was Named After MKO Abiola by Nobody: 12:52am On May 30, 2012
Tayerulz: Y doesn't he name d whole of nigeria afta mko. He shld hv named mko afta nnpc, nigerian airways, nepa, nigerian stock exchange, aso rock etc. For cryin out loud, mko has bin named afta so many tins in his home state, we hv mko poly, mko stadium, mko roads in & out of abeokuta, kudirat abiola way, & d whole of june 12, in wot way did he help his state wit his drug money. By d way y must retarded gej choose an academic institutn wen mko has nufin to do wit academics. Is mko d most patriotic in naija dat all tins must be named afta him. Name all d newly created 9 univs afta mko & his family! Who cares. Dis is obviously political! Retarded fool!

Jesus wept aloud!!!!! grin
Re: SNG Rejects How UNILAG Was Named After MKO Abiola by Kobojunkie: 12:52am On May 30, 2012
I see . . . the answer to the question is "No clue" since all that continues to come forth is more vomit and nothing remotely close to answers to the actual questions asked. Oh well!! Anyone else able to provide answers to the question of why?
Re: SNG Rejects How UNILAG Was Named After MKO Abiola by Nobody: 12:55am On May 30, 2012
[quote author=Nuzo'][/quote]
Sorry bro...you are ignorantly funny
Aha ha ha ha ha grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin I laugh in Ekiti

Jesus wept aloud!!!!!!!!!
Re: SNG Rejects How UNILAG Was Named After MKO Abiola by Nobody: 12:58am On May 30, 2012
Kobojunkie: I see . . . the answer to the question is "No clue" since all that continues to come forth is more vomit and nothing remotely close to answers to the actual questions asked. Oh well!! Anyone else able to provide answers to the question of why?

I laugh in Swahili grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Nigeria is changing gradually and when the real democrats get power, the real day will be recognized.
Re: SNG Rejects How UNILAG Was Named After MKO Abiola by Kobojunkie: 1:00am On May 30, 2012
bayooooooo:

I laugh in Swahili grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Nigeria is changing gradually and when the real democrats get power, the real day will be recognized.

What the heck has this to do with the discussion? You somehow thing the above will make the ignorance of what you have vomited so far disappear or something? undecided undecided undecided
Re: SNG Rejects How UNILAG Was Named After MKO Abiola by Nobody: 1:04am On May 30, 2012
Kobojunkie:

What path of progress are you rambling about? What in the world are you talking of? Second civil war? Wha . . . whaaattt ? undecided undecided undecided

You obviously did not follow events in the 90s. Like I said your capacity for comprehension seem limited, otherwise you would have recognized that the so called Abubakar 11-month transition was organised to avoid chaos. It won't matter to you that the two opposing sides came from the same region.

Take a course in Critical Thinking!
Re: SNG Rejects How UNILAG Was Named After MKO Abiola by Nobody: 1:06am On May 30, 2012
Kobojunkie:

What the heck has this to do with the discussion? You somehow thing the above will make the ignorance of what you have vomited so far disappear or something? undecided undecided undecided

Koboignorance!!! No be small thing!

You have to learn to separate personal opinion from argument presentation. Sorry, go back to school.
Re: SNG Rejects How UNILAG Was Named After MKO Abiola by Nuzo1(m): 1:10am On May 30, 2012
bayooooooo:

You obviously did not follow events in the 90s. Like I said your capacity for comprehension seem limited, otherwise you would have recognized that the so called Abubakar 11-month transition was organised to avoid chaos. It won't matter to you that the two opposing sides came from the same region.

Dude...you are making loads of mistakes cos you started following MKO's activities only from the 90s. I guess you will have a clearer perspective of Kobo's views or be able to answer her questions if you had followed events from the 70s.
Re: SNG Rejects How UNILAG Was Named After MKO Abiola by Kobojunkie: 1:11am On May 30, 2012
bayooooooo:

[b]You obviously did not follow events in the 90s. [/b]Like I said your capacity for comprehension seem limited, otherwise you would have recognized that the so called Abubakar 11-month transition was organised to avoid chaos. It won't matter to you that the two opposing sides came from the same region.

You are a typical Nigerian slowpoke . . . You are the one having a terribly hard time answering the simple questions asked you, yet you accuse me of being Ignorant? Can you take a guess at which one of us likely slept through the 70, 80s and 90s when Abiola showed Nigerians the cloth he was really made of.
Re: SNG Rejects How UNILAG Was Named After MKO Abiola by Nobody: 1:19am On May 30, 2012
Nuzo':

Dude...you are making loads of mistakes cos you started following MKO's activities only from the 90s. I guess you will have a clearer perspective of Kobo's views or be able to answer her questions if you had followed events from the 70s.

No, the events of the 70 had no bearing on the present arguments. I am not oblivious of the activities of MKO even in the second republic NPN.
even at that, he had never been convicted by a court of competent jurisdiction for anything alleged. He is just similar to the much vilified OBJ but never convicted.

If the events of 70s become the barometer, why didn't IBB ban him from contesting as he obviously did to some? Why did he allow elections to be held? Did he rig Kano or rig the entire elections? Dude, put history in proper perspective!
Re: SNG Rejects How UNILAG Was Named After MKO Abiola by Nobody: 1:22am On May 30, 2012
Kobojunkie:

You are a typical Nigerian slowpoke . . . You are the one having a terribly hard time answering the simple questions asked you, yet you accuse me of being Ignorant? Can you take a guess at which one of us likely slept through the 70, 80s and 90s when Abiola showed Nigerians the cloth he was really made of.

You lack capacity to understand issues. There are laws or military fiat that ban individuals that have "sinned" against the state from contesting in any election. Which of these sins did MKO commit? Which court of law had pronounced MKO a criminal? All your stories of 70s, 80s are not more than a mere perception. Go back to school.
Re: SNG Rejects How UNILAG Was Named After MKO Abiola by Nobody: 2:06am On May 30, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Why do we need a democracy day The Romans didn't have one . . why does Nigeria need one?undecided undecided undecided

I now have a figure for your IQ. grin grin grin grin I am damn serious about it!

Since Romans are now the world standard that every country must follow, irrespective of different political evolution, you can now gladly crown yourselves with the crown of ignorance!

Jesus wept aloud!!!!!
Re: SNG Rejects How UNILAG Was Named After MKO Abiola by kinguwem: 6:39am On May 30, 2012
Nigerians have a problem. When MKO was not immortalize, they complained. Now that Unilag has been named after him, they say it is undemocratic. Selfishness is the issue here. If truely MKO was a hero, why does the SNG think Unilag should not be renamed Moshood Abiola University?
Re: SNG Rejects How UNILAG Was Named After MKO Abiola by klerry(m): 6:51am On May 30, 2012
EMMA BC: It's high these yoruba rights activists esp Odumakin defined their mission and purpose in this govt. Are they being used against dis govt by tinubu and buhari or are they really defending human rights? How can they attack GEJ for immortalising MKO wt a prestigious nat'l university, when past govt including dat of their own son OBJ neva thought so. I think sth is fishy and MKO will not be happy wt these sycophantic cowards. Enof is enof.

Well said!!!
Re: SNG Rejects How UNILAG Was Named After MKO Abiola by Chisustt: 7:29am On May 30, 2012
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Friends, this is real.. Pls just register through mine and inbox me and i'll Verify you, and send you the latest code for increasing your money! .

REGISTER THROUGH MY LINK.. . p-r-e-l-a-u-n-c-h-x. com/x/c-h-i-s-u-s
Just Remove This Symbols '' - '' In My Link and REGISTER!

p-r-e-l-a-u-n-c-h-x. com/x/c-h-i-s-u-s

At first, you'll Receive 100dollars.. IT IS LEGIT AND DO NOT MISS THIS GOLDEN CHANCE WHILE IT LAST. Make sure you register through my link before i'll give you the code because i'll cheek. p-r-e-l-a-u-n-c-h-x. com/x/c-h-i-s-u-s .

You can also share your link to friends. '' p-r-e-l-a-u-n-c-h-x. com/x/c-h-i-s-u-s ''

Charles Okorie!
World leader in home business,
training & development.

Re: SNG Rejects How UNILAG Was Named After MKO Abiola by Biggyd2: 7:39am On May 30, 2012
bayooooooo:

All geography textbooks will have to be changed! Nile MKO Orange Congo Zambezie Limpopo .....

It doesn't rhyme!
I agree. My suggestion is that Aso rock should be named Mashood Abiola Villa.
Re: SNG Rejects How UNILAG Was Named After MKO Abiola by sylve11: 8:04am On May 30, 2012
MAULAG Lol! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cool
Re: SNG Rejects How UNILAG Was Named After MKO Abiola by AustineE1: 8:07am On May 30, 2012
Whats in a name!except the yorubas are telling me that Abiola is nt worth immortalizing with such a big institution...dont we ve Obafemi Awolowo university,Nnamdi Azikiwe univ.Ahmadu Bello univ.Abubakar Tafawa Belewa univ. And these are all land mark universities or i think the only problem is the messenger(GEJ),why so much hate for GEJ by south westerners!lets bear with him,GEJ will go places!he is on the right track!
Re: SNG Rejects How UNILAG Was Named After MKO Abiola by Iroko1(m): 8:09am On May 30, 2012
Jona wl change Abuja university to Yar'dua university
Re: SNG Rejects How UNILAG Was Named After MKO Abiola by Eazeee(m): 8:09am On May 30, 2012
Great of d greatest MAU MAU! Congrat 4 a succesful naming ceremony jare. Btw dat name sounds like d name of a rebel group in 1 of dis troubled African con3
Re: SNG Rejects How UNILAG Was Named After MKO Abiola by Ngwakwe: 8:10am On May 30, 2012
This discussion should be closed to non South-Westerners
Reason: There is nothing you (outsiders or the President) can do to placate or satisfy them now that they are not in the driving seat in Nigeria politics

Even Obasanjo and Afanifere / OPC nearly ran mad when they west lost Assembly Speaker to the North notwithstanding that it was ACN members that arrogantly gave it out just to claim anti-Establishment (Why should PDP? never thought if it was good for them or not). Though the Speaker-ship doesn't bring development neither was the Presidency of Senate benefited the South East in any form for 8 years.

They are now planning a way to come back to political relevance by criticizing even the non relevant political moves, (though they are entitled to their personal opinions but why always make them group opinion). Its up to them I hereby sign-off graciously
Re: SNG Rejects How UNILAG Was Named After MKO Abiola by rhymz(m): 8:13am On May 30, 2012
Lets be sincere and call a spade a spade. The real reason behind the strong opposition to the renaming of UniLag has more to do with the character of the man whose name was used.
I refuse to fall for all that shout about UniLag being a brand bla bla bla. . . Abiola does not deserve the honour of being named after a reputable school like UniLag. He was a politician who rode on the back of a tiger and eventually ended up in the belly of the tiger. June 12, in the real sense was not about Abiola but democracy and the real brave Nigerians that died defending the mandate they Nigerians gave to him, Abiola who unfortunately bailed out of the country when ordinary Nigerians were dying en mass fighting and defending the man.
I have little respect for the man on that basis I believe that is the true reasons people are against the name change above any other thing else.
Re: SNG Rejects How UNILAG Was Named After MKO Abiola by bomega4u(m): 8:13am On May 30, 2012
ceejay80s: I dnt know why u all are blabbering. With or without Mko abiola ,democracy would have come to us someday somehow. Even after abiola's death,the military still ruled so how is he a hero?
Help me ask them o
Re: SNG Rejects How UNILAG Was Named After MKO Abiola by DanGombe1: 8:27am On May 30, 2012
LOL !!! E ya !!! All those final year UNILAG students will now have their certificates stamped M.K.O Abiola University. LOL !!! cheesy cheesy

What a waste. They will sound so local compared to their mates. The UNILAG brand is now trashed.
Re: SNG Rejects How UNILAG Was Named After MKO Abiola by Ngwakwe: 8:31am On May 30, 2012
rhymz: Lets be sincere and call a spade a spade. The real reason behind the strong opposition to the renaming of UniLag has more to do with the character of the man whose name was used.
I refuse to fall for all that shout about UniLag being a brand bla bla bla. . . Abiola does not deserve the honour of being named after a reputable school like UniLag. He was a politician who rode on the back of a tiger and eventually ended up in the belly of the tiger. June 12, in the real sense was not about Abiola but democracy and the real brave Nigerians that died defending the mandate they Nigerians gave to him, Abiola who unfortunately bailed out of the country when ordinary Nigerians were dying en mass fighting and defending the man.
I have little respect for the man on that basis I believe that is the true reasons people are against the name change above any other thing else.

Abiola deserve it because he was killed by the establishment for claiming his right. He never ran away as some would have, and this helped in creation of many strong civil societies against anti-people policies
Re: SNG Rejects How UNILAG Was Named After MKO Abiola by phantom(m): 8:45am On May 30, 2012
grin grin grin grin

Re: SNG Rejects How UNILAG Was Named After MKO Abiola by emmasege: 8:52am On May 30, 2012
am still awaiting what the ACN has got to say concerning this, or is their spokesman still preparing his script. am sure they were taken aback by the re-naming. I since lost my regard for these fake awoists following the role played by their Governors in making the S/West loose the position of the speaker just because they wanted to protect their territoriality. are there not APGA governors in the S/east and CPC governors in the north?, and why didn't they work against their kinsmen. i hope the eyes of my folks will be open to the truth soonest!
Re: SNG Rejects How UNILAG Was Named After MKO Abiola by dmjoguns: 8:53am On May 30, 2012
GEJ and his team are siicc...k. UNILAG is an iconic brand name known all over the world; and has been built for over 50 years. How do you pull down a 50 year old legacy. That name MAU is not even fitting. Also there already exist Moshood Abiola Polytechnic (MaPoly) in ogun state. why duplicate names. let him name a National stadium after MKO. GEJ is not fit to be a president. His one year of office is full of scandal, corruption, wickedness, and terrorism.
Re: SNG Rejects How UNILAG Was Named After MKO Abiola by phantom(m): 9:00am On May 30, 2012
grin grin grin where are those who still think this man is our saviour?

Re: SNG Rejects How UNILAG Was Named After MKO Abiola by Desola(f): 9:06am On May 30, 2012
This is making me so sad beyond words. Why does Jonasatan have to brind bad tidings always, why? He is making this year more difficult!
Re: SNG Rejects How UNILAG Was Named After MKO Abiola by Donmeca(m): 9:10am On May 30, 2012
zaboy: so Abiola is getting all these because he allegedly won the election on June 12? well, since we all know Buhari won the election in 2003, why shouldnt an institution be named after him as well?

Let him go and die in jail while fighting to reclaim 2003 mandate first....then after 14 years, we can consider naming UNIJOS after him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2019: ‘not Too Young To Run’ Bill Scales Through 21 States Assemblies (names) / Ondo Youths Shut Down Akeredolu’s Office, Protest 'Diversion Of Funds' / NLC: Next Minimum Wage Will Be Based On Cost Of Living

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.