Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,763 members, 7,955,914 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:32 PM

SNG Rejects How UNILAG Was Named After MKO Abiola - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SNG Rejects How UNILAG Was Named After MKO Abiola (15864 Views)

Buhari Must Name Aso-rock After MKO Abiola / Longest Flyover In West Africa (kano state), Named After OBASANJO- Pictures / President Jonathan’s Mother Reveals Why He Was Named ‘Goodluck’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SNG Rejects How UNILAG Was Named After MKO Abiola by Ngwakwe: 9:27am On May 30, 2012
dmjoguns: GEJ and his team are siicc...k. UNILAG is an iconic brand name known all over the world; and has been built for over 50 years. How do you pull down a 50 year old legacy. That name MAU is not even fitting. Also there already exist Moshood Abiola Polytechnic (MaPoly) in ogun state. why duplicate names. let him name a National stadium after MKO. GEJ is not fit to be a president. His one year of office is full of scandal, corruption, wickedness, and terrorism.

Don't be childish and blind, we have Federal University of Agriculture Umudike changed to Micheal Opara University of Agriculture and secondly we have Imo State poly answering Micheal Opara
Re: SNG Rejects How UNILAG Was Named After MKO Abiola by agog: 9:44am On May 30, 2012
why cant the soo called GEJ go to Uni port and remane it after isaac boro.
this is another testimony of what the president is made of. A phd holder understimating the important of brand name. if coca-cola should change their brand name today, would you need a soothsayer to tell you that they have devalued themselves. Why cant Havard be named after JFK? We need a vertical thinker to lead us alright here.

2 Likes

Re: SNG Rejects How UNILAG Was Named After MKO Abiola by rhymz(m): 9:56am On May 30, 2012
Ngwakwe:

Abiola deserve it because he was killed by the establishment for claiming his right. He never ran away as some would have, and this helped in creation of many strong civil societies against anti-people policies
guy you are deluded and don't know what you are yapping about.
He was killed by the Establishment he was very much part of, he funded the establishment and publicly defended its policies. Unless you were not born during the riots caused by the elections he was alleged to have won, especially in Lagos, it claimed many lives and nobody knew where Abiola was. People were busy rioting, risking their lives, even with stray bullets weezing indiscriminately from the barrels of soldiers, Abiola bailed out. He eventually came out when he realized Abacha who told him that IBB wanted to kill him had all along lied to him. It was too late for him then as Abacha was already in charge, he prolly thought Abacha was a small fry compared to IBB when he declared himself as the president of Nigeria. That was what got hin into jail, the rest was history for him. Homeboy was no Hero, he was a phucking corrupt money bag that lived and died by the dictates of the dirty games he was playing.

1 Like

Re: SNG Rejects How UNILAG Was Named After MKO Abiola by udhedhe: 10:17am On May 30, 2012
Royal Roy: University of Abuja now renamed Patience Ebele Jonathan University. (PEJU)

I see no reason why some person find pleasure in mocking others this is not good hope you have a mother whether EDUCATION or NOT how will you feel if such is written about her? think
Re: SNG Rejects How UNILAG Was Named After MKO Abiola by udhedhe: 10:21am On May 30, 2012
agog: why cant the soo called GEJ go to Uni port and remane it after isaac boro.
this is another testimony of what the president is made of. A phd holder understimating the important of brand name. if coca-cola should change their brand name today, would you need a soothsayer to tell you that they have devalued themselves. Why cant Havard be named after JFK? We need a vertical thinker to lead us alright here.

My Dear its better we stop all this ever since GEJ came unto power its insult upon insult why cant we all see reason with what he did?

He re-Named an existing Unversity but the Institution still have UNILAG in the name so why cant we all or the student pick out the name they choose to bear than protest, insult and cause traffic.
Re: SNG Rejects How UNILAG Was Named After MKO Abiola by hotshotpeter(m): 11:20am On May 30, 2012
I am tired of SNGs incessant complaints. While I appreciate the need for an opposition voice I would respect them more if they were finding solutions to the nations problems.
About the change of name i woukd like to ask what the big deal is? OAU, NAU and ABU have they crumbled? UNILAG students are just obsessed with vanity. Most of the students i interviewed said their only beef with the govt was that the name lacked SWAG. SWAG for chrissakes! Talk about vanity
Re: SNG Rejects How UNILAG Was Named After MKO Abiola by Kobojunkie: 11:39am On May 30, 2012
Austine.E:
Whats in a name!except the yorubas are telling me that Abiola is nt worth immortalizing with such a big institution...dont we ve Obafemi Awolowo university,Nnamdi Azikiwe univ.Ahmadu Bello univ.Abubakar Tafawa Belewa univ. And these are all land mark universities or i think the only problem is the messenger(GEJ),why so much hate for GEJ by south westerners!lets bear with him,GEJ will go places!he is on the right track!

Why Immortalize Abiola? What did Abiola do to deserve such? Why him?

So far, not a single soul has been able to show that Abiola DESERVES to be immortalized. Only thing I have gotten are irrational ramblings and attempts to compare the man with people who accomplished so many times more for his people than Abiola ever imagined to.
So again, I raise this question, since you seem to think he deserves it, Why?
Re: SNG Rejects How UNILAG Was Named After MKO Abiola by emmasege: 1:01pm On May 30, 2012
Is anything wrong in changing UNILAG's name when her age-mates (OAU and ABU) who are even more classy have since been re-named after deserved national heroes. if the reason for this protest by the students is because MKO did not deserve such a high level of honour, i give them my absolute support. As at today, no Nigerian dead or alive deserves to be named after UNILAG. The cases of Obafemi Awolowo and Ahmadu Bello are different. These were tested and selfless leaders whose legacies are indelible. what legacy did mko leave for nigeria or the s/west other than fraternizing with khaki boys and religious extremism by sinking a ship-load of the Bibles. i stand by OBJ's statement that mko wasn't our saviour
Re: SNG Rejects How UNILAG Was Named After MKO Abiola by yd849ja: 2:12pm On May 30, 2012
When I read comments on here I realise how fast sinking this ship called Nigeria is heading. You lots are all sick and deluded and now its quite obvious NIGERIA truly has no future because the tie that binds us is definitely so fragile and delicate that its fast loosing its strength. You all talk as if great men of history were all saints and has no blemish. You all come here and cast aspersions on MKO. He was a business man turn politician. Is there anything bad about that? Can anyone tell me what Martin Luther King was before 'I had a dream' and his activism, who was Rosa Park before she sat on the bus, who was Mandela before his activism and prison sentence. Abiola can be what ever you want him to be before June 12 but I can tell you his election and eventual death symbolizes our collective freedom from military rule and its no mistake that his name is celebrated by some and keeps haunting others over 14years after. Some of you wish it could be wished away but my friend I tell you Abiola would forever remain a corner piece whenever the history of this country is been called upon or mentioned. A singular act turns a man to a hero not a million acts of wasteful life existence. They are made by that ICONIC singular act in their entire existence before their death. And Abiola died for our right as Nigerians to choose who to rule us, not just for his right to be the President, one cannot be divorce from the other. Lets learn to fight for our right at least by then we can say we have made a stand for our unborn generation. We can not afford to allow them to be enslaved by these greedy and selfish politician.

2 Likes

Re: SNG Rejects How UNILAG Was Named After MKO Abiola by Nobody: 6:48pm On May 30, 2012
yd849ja: When I read comments on here I realise how fast sinking this ship called Nigeria is heading. You lots are all sick and deluded and now its quite obvious NIGERIA truly has no future because the tie that binds us is definitely so fragile and delicate that its fast loosing its strength. You all talk as if great men of history were all saints and has no blemish. You all come here and cast aspersions on MKO. He was a business man turn politician. Is there anything bad about that? Can anyone tell me what Martin Luther King was before 'I had a dream' and his activism, who was Rosa Park before she sat on the bus, who was Mandela before his activism and prison sentence. Abiola can be what ever you want him to be before June 12 but I can tell you his election and eventual death symbolizes our collective freedom from military rule and its no mistake that his name is celebrated by some and keeps haunting others over 14years after. Some of you wish it could be wished away but my friend I tell you Abiola would forever remain a corner piece whenever the history of this country is been called upon or mentioned. A singular act turns a man to a hero not a million acts of wasteful life existence. They are made by that ICONIC singular act in their entire existence before their death. And Abiola died for our right as Nigerians to choose who to rule us, not just for his right to be the President, one cannot be divorce from the other. Lets learn to fight for our right at least by then we can say we have made a stand for our unborn generation. We can not afford to allow them to be enslaved by these greedy and selfish politician.

There is hope for this country!
Re: SNG Rejects How UNILAG Was Named After MKO Abiola by cheikh: 9:15pm On May 30, 2012
dmjoguns
GEJ is not fit to be a president. His one year of office is full of scandal, corruption, wickedness, and terrorism.

@^^ Gbam sad You couldn't have put it any better!
Re: SNG Rejects How UNILAG Was Named After MKO Abiola by rhymz(m): 12:46pm On May 31, 2012
yd849ja: When I read comments on here I realise how fast sinking this ship called Nigeria is heading. You lots are all sick and deluded and now its quite obvious NIGERIA truly has no future because the tie that binds us is definitely so fragile and delicate that its fast loosing its strength. You all talk as if great men of history were all saints and has no blemish. You all come here and cast aspersions on MKO. He was a business man turn politician. Is there anything bad about that? Can anyone tell me what Martin Luther King was before 'I had a dream' and his activism, who was Rosa Park before she sat on the bus, who was Mandela before his activism and prison sentence. Abiola can be what ever you want him to be before June 12 but I can tell you his election and eventual death symbolizes our collective freedom from military rule and its no mistake that his name is celebrated by some and keeps haunting others over 14years after. Some of you wish it could be wished away but my friend I tell you Abiola would forever remain a corner piece whenever the history of this country is been called upon or mentioned. A singular act turns a man to a hero not a million acts of wasteful life existence. They are made by that ICONIC singular act in their entire existence before their death. And Abiola died for our right as Nigerians to choose who to rule us, not just for his right to be the President, one cannot be divorce from the other. Lets learn to fight for our right at least by then we can say we have made a stand for our unborn generation. We can not afford to allow them to be enslaved by these greedy and selfish politician.
Kid how old are you?
Your mentality is phucked up, your sense of decency and fairness has been assaulted by the shenanigans in our polity to the point that a mere hypocritical show of philantropy and kindness makes you lack common sense of history.
Abiola was nothing compared to those fine gentle men and woman you are trying to compare him with. They had no corrupt antecedents to begin with, if they did, they would not have the opportunity to lead anyone or any cause. Marthin Luther King Jnr was a Methodist Pastor, Mandela was a fine Lawyer and activist, Rosa Park was just an ordinary black American citizen who was tired of being treated as a 2nd class citizen and decided to go against the establishment. Her singular action of refusing to stand up from one of the seats meant for only whites rekindled a political inferno of justice and fairness in the hearts of black Americans who had heard of her arrest as a result.
These people fought with all sense of purpose and sincerity, they were honest to see change, they were honest in their pursuit to see the people they lead; live better lives, have better opportunities, treated with fairness not judged by their skin colour or the limitations of their social status. These are men and women of honour driven by a honest purpose, they could have sold out like Abiola did and sought for their own satisfaction and aggrandizements.
Abiola can never stand on thesame footing with these people no matter the propaganda and spin stories brought to bear. A lot of us lost families and loved ones to the inferno his complicated political maneuvering brought upon this country. Some of the coups he funded and supported prolly never would have succeeded if he had not played an active role in them.
Most of his so-called achievements were gotten through bribery, becoming friends and contractors for the khaki boys, inflating contract prices and bringing in inferior material and goods. Everything he got was through corrupt enrichment of both himself and the people he called friends.
Have we forgotten the ITT scandal?
ITT was a telecommunication company that got the contract to install telephone booths in Nigeria in preparation for the FESTAC 77. What ITT supplied were refurbished telephone booths, mere decorations that never worked. This was the company Abiola represented. Late General Murtala Mohammed (who was one of Abiola's close friends) was the Federal Commissioner for Communications, then before he took over from Yakubu Gowon in 1976. He got the Federal government through his close pal to pay for the contract.
In 1978 he was at the Constituent Assembly where he walked out because the likes of Awolowo and others refused to include Sharia in the Nigerian constitution at the Federal level. It is on record that he did not sign the constitution of 1979 because of this. He became a strong member of National Party of Nigeria (NPN) and did everything in Ogun State to upstage Awolowo's Unity Party of Nigeria (UPN).
It is on record that in 1983 when it was time for another election, Abiola attempted to run and Alhaji Umaru Dikko told him that the Nigerian Presidency was not "for sale;" Alhaji Shehu Shagari got nominated again and MKO Abiola left politics. The man prolly made the statement knowing very well his infamous method of using money to persuade and get what he wants.
He became more visible during the Ibrahim Babangida's 8 years of misrule. He was practically involved and became Babangida's spokesperson. He was an astute defender of Babangida's policies until after the annulment of June 12, 1993 elections. To show their closeness,MKO Abiola traded his editor to Babangida as Chief Press Secretary. It is also no more news that he supported the coup against Buhari/ Idiagbon. Bayo Onanuga left African Concord as Editor because he could not go and apologize to Babangida over a story published that led to the closure of the Magazine.
Abiola had spoken to Onanuga to apologize and Onanuga preferred opting out to begging IBB.
Truth be said, "MKO was no Hero!!!"
May be a hero to the people he had helped directly but as a national hero in the mould of Marthin Luther King Jr, Nelson Mandela, Rosa Park, Ghandi even the Militant Malcom X, I say a big Mbanu!! Oti o!! banyar daba!! No way!!
South westerners need to be sincere on the reason why they are against the Name Abiola taking the place of UniLag; it is very obvious that beyond all that funny argument of an aesthetic brand name and cosmetic appearance lies the real question of "was Mashood kashimawo Abiola truly a hero or an overhyped Politician?"
It is obvious they are asking themselves subconciously "is he worth it?"
Is he the kind of hero whose name is befitting of a school and brand name like University of Lagos?
The whole show of ambivalence only strengthens people's argument of MKO being no Hero. They have suggested other less befitting parastatals, symbols and buildings that could have been used because in their minds they know MKO was realy nothing different from the present politicians but for the fear of being exposed as hypocrits who work against one another, they have decided to indulge in diversionary arguments of no substance.
Even the Yoruba "intellectuals" here will rather shy away from the main issue and engage in a cat and mouse tribal fight of chest beating than openly argue the obvious. Kobojunkie has been the only Yoruba person here to honestly state the obvious and gave very salient arguments on the issue. You lot should stop dancing around the main issue and give better reasons.
Personally, I am against the name change too, Abiola is not deserving of such honour that is the truth that many of his tribes men do not want to openly admit but agree with.[color=#990000][/color]

1 Like

Re: SNG Rejects How UNILAG Was Named After MKO Abiola by yd849ja: 7:12pm On May 31, 2012
Mr. Jurassic Park. People like you I believe live your life by stories authenticated by hear-says. Thou student of history I can see you are vastly well read in the studies of conspiracy and I won't even go into that with you.
And please lay off assumptions and start being objective and not other wise, I see a lot of that in your write up.

Really Rosa Park, Mandela, Martin Luther they were all saints rite? Then if they are not you are the most foolish Dinosaur in your Jurassic Park.

Is it that you are too dumb and too consumed by your hate to think, so much that you can't comprehend simple logic. I am not telling you Abiola was a saint either but he died in the pursuit of Justice whether for himself or for us as a Nation. He gave the ultimate. He stood for something and died for it. I don't care what he has done before that. So far he has not been found guilty by a court of competent jurisdiction.
As far as what Abiola did or did not do before 1993 is concerned I can't be bothered but I want you to proffer answers to the following:

Did Nigerians vote en mass for Abiola to become their president?
Was that mandate stolen from us?
Did he die in the process of claiming the mandate given to him by Nigerians?

Did Mandela fight for SA freedom?
Was he imprisoned for 25 years?
Did he die for it?

So you tell me who gave the ultimate sacrifice?

Then tell me what you would die for?
Re: SNG Rejects How UNILAG Was Named After MKO Abiola by rhymz(m): 8:54pm On May 31, 2012
yd849ja: Mr. Jurassic Park. People like you I believe live your life by stories authenticated by hear-says. Thou student of history I can see you are vastly well read in the studies of conspiracy and I won't even go into that with you.
And please lay off assumptions and start being objective and not other wise, I see a lot of that in your write up.

Really Rosa Park, Mandela, Martin Luther they were all saints rite? Then if they are not you are the most foolish Dinosaur in your Jurassic Park.

Is it that you are too dumb and too consumed by your hate to think, so much that you can't comprehend simple logic. I am not telling you Abiola was a saint either but he died in the pursuit of Justice whether for himself or for us as a Nation. He gave the ultimate. He stood for something and died for it. I don't care what he has done before that. So far he has not been found guilty by a court of competent jurisdiction.
As far as what Abiola did or did not do before 1993 is concerned I can't be bothered but I want you to proffer answers to the following:

Did he die for it?

Apparently you ve got brains the size of a peanut. You are dumber than I had thought. Obviously, you know nothing about the history of this country and I wont waste my time schooling a dingbat like you, you are better off in your ignorance. Now go to hell and fry, you intellectual midget of no substance

1 Like

Re: SNG Rejects How UNILAG Was Named After MKO Abiola by Kobojunkie: 10:03pm On May 31, 2012
yd849ja: Mr. Jurassic Park. People like you I believe live your life by stories authenticated by hear-says. Thou student of history I can see you are vastly well read in the studies of conspiracy and I won't even go into that with you.

Did he die for it?

So your only counter to the facts he presented you is to insult him and try to claim no one is a saint? Really?? That is your counter to an argument offering you more detailed information on what happened, as against the vomit you have been spewing from thread to thread on a man you clearly had no real information on, except for what you probably got from reading gossip papers and sycophants-r-us news reports? undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: SNG Rejects How UNILAG Was Named After MKO Abiola by Johndoe100(m): 10:38pm On May 31, 2012
Is there no one you haters will not rubish just to get at this govt? You are such sad sad people.
Re: SNG Rejects How UNILAG Was Named After MKO Abiola by yd849ja: 8:59am On Jun 01, 2012
rhymz: Apparently you ve got brains the size of a peanut. You are dumber than I had thought. Obviously, you know nothing about the history of this country and I wont waste my time schooling a dingbat like you, you are better off in your ignorance. Now go to hell and fry, you intellectual midget of no substance

Mr Jurassic Park, all your so called historic crap we've heard before but my friend history as written and consumed by idiotic and moronic bubble heads like you, which in its full glorification and purest form bothers along the lines of assumptions, hear says and lunacy makes no iota of meaning to me. Because such acclaimed street talks and beer parlour conversations don't and can't stand the test of time. They are always laced with all kinds of loose and wild imaginations of uncouth dimwits like yourself and in their best form borne out of hate for success and achievement of an individual. To be honest with you I am hardly surprised by your folly to believe such.

I've asked you some pertinent questions which you have refused to answer and by way of that I can confidently presume you are a bigot of the highest proportion, as so far depicted in your write up. I won't tell you to go to hell neither fry cause by then I'll be condescending but rather tell you to please resume back to your hallowed Jurassic park with your wild and raging imagination. Beer Parlour Historian!!!
Re: SNG Rejects How UNILAG Was Named After MKO Abiola by yd849ja: 9:14am On Jun 01, 2012
Kobojunkie:

So your only counter to the facts he presented you is to insult him and try to claim no one is a saint? Really?? That is your counter to an argument offering you more detailed information on what happened, as against the vomit you have been spewing from thread to thread on a man you clearly had no real information on, except for what you probably got from reading gossip papers and sycophants-r-us news reports? undecided undecided undecided

Now can you see how your stupidity has been freely displayed? Did you say FACTS Detailed information Please just walk on by and don't make a fool of yourself. And don't insult my intelligence here. Facts and detailed information as researched and established by WHO If you are so caught up in your ignorance and hear-says, just poof without consequences!!!
Re: SNG Rejects How UNILAG Was Named After MKO Abiola by Princevik(m): 9:28am On Jun 01, 2012
rhymz:
Kid how old are you?
Your mentality is phucked up, your sense of decency and fairness has been assaulted by the shenanigans in our polity to the point that a mere hypocritical show of philantropy and kindness makes you lack common sense of history.
Abiola was nothing compared to those fine gentle men and woman you are trying to compare him with. They had no corrupt antecedents to begin with, if they did, they would not have the opportunity to lead anyone or any cause. Marthin Luther King Jnr was a Methodist Pastor, Mandela was a fine Lawyer and activist, Rosa Park was just an ordinary black American citizen who was tired of being treated as a 2nd class citizen and decided to go against the establishment. Her singular action of refusing to stand up from one of the seats meant for only whites rekindled a political inferno of justice and fairness in the hearts of black Americans who had heard of her arrest as a result.
These people fought with all sense of purpose and sincerity, they were honest to see change, they were honest in their pursuit to see the people they lead; live better lives, have better opportunities, treated with fairness not judged by their skin colour or the limitations of their social status. These are men and women of honour driven by a honest purpose, they could have sold out like Abiola did and sought for their own satisfaction and aggrandizements.
Abiola can never stand on thesame footing with these people no matter the propaganda and spin stories brought to bear. A lot of us lost families and loved ones to the inferno his complicated political maneuvering brought upon this country. Some of the coups he funded and supported prolly never would have succeeded if he had not played an active role in them.
Most of his so-called achievements were gotten through bribery, becoming friends and contractors for the khaki boys, inflating contract prices and bringing in inferior material and goods. Everything he got was through corrupt enrichment of both himself and the people he called friends.
Have we forgotten the ITT scandal?
ITT was a telecommunication company that got the contract to install telephone booths in Nigeria in preparation for the FESTAC 77. What ITT supplied were refurbished telephone booths, mere decorations that never worked. This was the company Abiola represented. Late General Murtala Mohammed (who was one of Abiola's close friends) was the Federal Commissioner for Communications, then before he took over from Yakubu Gowon in 1976. He got the Federal government through his close pal to pay for the contract.
In 1978 he was at the Constituent Assembly where he walked out because the likes of Awolowo and others refused to include Sharia in the Nigerian constitution at the Federal level. It is on record that he did not sign the constitution of 1979 because of this. He became a strong member of National Party of Nigeria (NPN) and did everything in Ogun State to upstage Awolowo's Unity Party of Nigeria (UPN).
It is on record that in 1983 when it was time for another election, Abiola attempted to run and Alhaji Umaru Dikko told him that the Nigerian Presidency was not "for sale;" Alhaji Shehu Shagari got nominated again and MKO Abiola left politics. The man prolly made the statement knowing very well his infamous method of using money to persuade and get what he wants.
He became more visible during the Ibrahim Babangida's 8 years of misrule. He was practically involved and became Babangida's spokesperson. He was an astute defender of Babangida's policies until after the annulment of June 12, 1993 elections. To show their closeness,MKO Abiola traded his editor to Babangida as Chief Press Secretary. It is also no more news that he supported the coup against Buhari/ Idiagbon. Bayo Onanuga left African Concord as Editor because he could not go and apologize to Babangida over a story published that led to the closure of the Magazine.
Abiola had spoken to Onanuga to apologize and Onanuga preferred opting out to begging IBB.
Truth be said, "MKO was no Hero!!!"
May be a hero to the people he had helped directly but as a national hero in the mould of Marthin Luther King Jr, Nelson Mandela, Rosa Park, Ghandi even the Militant Malcom X, I say a big Mbanu!! Oti o!! banyar daba!! No way!!
South westerners need to be sincere on the reason why they are against the Name Abiola taking the place of UniLag; it is very obvious that beyond all that funny argument of an aesthetic brand name and cosmetic appearance lies the real question of "was Mashood kashimawo Abiola truly a hero or an overhyped Politician?"
It is obvious they are asking themselves subconciously "is he worth it?"
Is he the kind of hero whose name is befitting of a school and brand name like University of Lagos?
The whole show of ambivalence only strengthens people's argument of MKO being no Hero. They have suggested other less befitting parastatals, symbols and buildings that could have been used because in their minds they know MKO was realy nothing different from the present politicians but for the fear of being exposed as hypocrits who work against one another, they have decided to indulge in diversionary arguments of no substance.
Even the Yoruba "intellectuals" here will rather shy away from the main issue and engage in a cat and mouse tribal fight of chest beating than openly argue the obvious. Kobojunkie has been the only Yoruba person here to honestly state the obvious and gave very salient arguments on the issue. You lot should stop dancing around the main issue and give better reasons.
Personally, I am against the name change too, Abiola is not deserving of such honour that is the truth that many of his tribes men do not want to openly admit but agree with.[color=#990000][/color]
Would I say I was blind before?, Such a wonderful write up....If all d above is actually true(which I know it is) then Abiola deserves no monuments at all..He was just a politician being caught up wit nemesis. Had he being given his Mandate den..only God knows wat could have happened.
But that is not even my area of interest..where I am most concerned is tha aso rock is making a Dictator out of GEJ.....For christ sake the school governing body wasn't consulted. This was how d likes of Mubarak and Gaddaffi kicked off, in my Opinion GEJ should be checked.
Re: SNG Rejects How UNILAG Was Named After MKO Abiola by Kobojunkie: 9:56am On Jun 01, 2012
yd849ja:

Now can you see how your stupidity has been freely displayed? Did you say FACTS Detailed information Please just walk on by and don't make a fool of yourself. And don't insult my intelligence here. Facts and detailed information as researched and established by WHO If you are so caught up in your ignorance and hear-says, just poof without consequences!!!

Yes, I did say facts. His comment contains quite a bit of them, and I challenge you to provide evidence to counter the claims he has produced.

Oh, wait, don't bother trying to drag this one pretending that these ramblings of your make sense to me. I cannot make a fool of myself -- all I ask is that you prove to us that you are not a jelly-brain mor()on roaming Nairaland by at least engaging this debate intelligently, even for once.

Again I repeat some of the points put forth . .

Did ITT happen? Yes,
Did ITT embezzle millions of dollars in funds meant for improving our telecommunication industry back in the 70s and 80s when the company existed? Yes
Was Abiola in bed with IBB and other military men? Yes
Was June 12th a march on behalf of the man called Abiola? NO

These are some of the points which he has put forth, and for which there is evidence to show. What do you have? Now stop addressing me and address the points.
Re: SNG Rejects How UNILAG Was Named After MKO Abiola by rhymz(m): 10:33am On Jun 01, 2012
yd849ja:

Mr Jurassic Park, all your so called historic crap we've heard before but my friend history as written and consumed by idiotic and moronic bubble heads like you, which in its full glorification and purest form bothers along the lines of assumptions, hear says and lunacy makes no iota of meaning to me. Because such acclaimed street talks and beer parlour conversations don't and can't stand the test of time. They are always laced with all kinds of loose and wild imaginations of uncouth dimwits like yourself and in their best form borne out of hate for success and achievement of an individual. To be honest with you I am hardly surprised by your folly to believe such.

I've asked you some pertinent questions which you have refused to answer and by way of that I can confidently presume you are a bigot of the highest proportion, as so far depicted in your write up. I won't tell you to go to hell neither fry cause by then I'll be condescending but rather tell you to please resume back to your hallowed Jurassic park with your wild and raging imagination. Beer Parlour Historian!!!
WOW!!! I have read more coherent stuff from a schizophrenic with Tourett's.
Nywayssss, try harder, who knows.... You might mistakenly blurt out something that makes sense....just sayin...lmao
Re: SNG Rejects How UNILAG Was Named After MKO Abiola by yd849ja: 10:41am On Jun 01, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Yes, I did say facts. His comment contains quite a bit of them, and I challenge you to provide evidence to counter the claims he has produced.

Oh, wait, don't bother trying to drag this one pretending that these ramblings of your make sense to me. I cannot make a fool of myself -- all I ask is that you prove to us that you are not a jelly-brain mor()on roaming Nairaland by at least engaging this debate intelligently, even for once.

Did ITT happen? Yes,
Did ITT embezzle millions of dollars in funds meant for improving our telecommunication industry back in the 70s and 80s when the company existed? Yes

These are some of the points which he has put forth, and for which there is evidence to show. What do you have? Now stop addressing me and address the points.

I am not just addressing you but also the issues, if only you can read and understand. I can see how malnourished your thinking faculty is? but I'll help nurture it a bit. Please lay the facts and evidence bare before me then I can start addressing them instead of ranting about hear-says and calling them facts. What part of my writing can't you comprehend. Why would I subject myself to countering what there is not and engage in futility. I don't bother myself with folklore and tales by beer parlours. Even if he had perpetrated all you have claimed its inconsequential(and aside the point) as we all voted for him and that is what matters. To you he might be a criminal but that's your opinion but not the opinions of multitude that voted him as their president and that much they can do as its their prerogative.
I have never for once vouched here for Abiolas character but neither can you defame him by whatever inferior allusion you have as long as he has not been convicted by any competent court. You can only postulate and theorize like you lots are doing here and by any means I need not consume my time with inferior judgement of over excited drunks like yourself that get lost in defamation for the sake of been heard on social media. My argument from the get go is that MKO died in pursuit of justice either selfishly or generously (but they go hand in hand). You have to be selfish enough to be ambitious. Death in pursuit of Justice my friend is the ultimate. JUNE 12 is not just about Abiola, its about us all, its about our right.
Re: SNG Rejects How UNILAG Was Named After MKO Abiola by yd849ja: 10:57am On Jun 01, 2012
rhymz: WOW!!! I have read more coherent stuff from a schizophrenic with Tourett's.
Nywayssss, try harder, who knows.... You might mistakenly blurt out something that makes sense....just sayin...lmao

Do you even know the meaning of the emboldened? Not in a million years. Its quite obvious you lifted it off google cause you forgot to edit the 's[/font].
You are even dafter than I earlier presumed. LMAO!!![font=Lucida Sans Unicode]
Traits of a social media buffoon. Wasted my time on you. Yours is of hapless and hopeless proportion. embarassed sad . God save Nigeria.
Re: SNG Rejects How UNILAG Was Named After MKO Abiola by Kobojunkie: 11:03am On Jun 01, 2012
yd849ja:

I am not just addressing you but also the issues, if only you can read and understand. I can see how malnourished your thinking faculty is? but I'll help nurture it a bit. Please lay the facts and evidence bare before me then I can start addressing them instead of ranting about hear-says and calling them facts. What part of my writing can't you comprehend. Why would I subject myself to countering what there is not and engage in futility. I don't bother myself with folklore and tales by beer parlours. Even if he had perpetrated all you have claimed its inconsequential(and aside the point) as we all voted for him and that is what matters. To you he might be a criminal but that's your opinion but not the opinions of multitude that voted him as their president and that much they can do as its their prerogative.
I have never for once vouched here for Abiolas character but neither can you defame him by whatever inferior allusion you have as long as he has not been convicted by any competent court. You can only postulate and theorize like you lots are doing here and by any means I need not consume my time with inferior judgement of over excited drunks like yourself that get lost in defamation for the sake of been heard on social media. My argument from the get go is that MKO died in pursuit of justice either selfishly or generously (but they go hand in hand). You have to be selfish enough to be ambitious. Death in pursuit of Justice my friend is the ultimate. JUNE 12 is not just about Abiola, its about us all, its about our right.

Still more brain fart coming from you. . .

Again . . .
Kobojunkie:

Did ITT happen? Yes,

Re: SNG Rejects How UNILAG Was Named After MKO Abiola by rhymz(m): 11:51am On Jun 01, 2012
yd849ja:

Do you even know the meaning of the emboldened? Not in a million years. Its quite obvious you lifted it off google cause you forgot to edit the 's[/font].
You are even dafter than I earlier presumed. LMAO!!![font=Lucida Sans Unicode]
Traits of a social media buffoon. Wasted my time on you. Yours is of hapless and hopeless proportion. embarassed sad . God save Nigeria.
hahahahha...this kid is a lamebrain WALAHI!!! See mumu wey wan correct me..... You are cracking me up here with your stupefying shallowness.
Make I school you small, you ignorant MOFO, tourette syndrom can also be simply written as tourette's, go figure, FOOL!!! You don't know and do not know that you do not know, what a malady of the mind.
Stop masquerading here like you know jack about anything, you are not even average, from your shallow arguments and moronic childish temper tantrums it shows.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria’s gas revenue drops by 50% / PDP Needs South-west To Succeed, Says Dickson / Keyamo: 100 Groups Rushing To Buy Nomination Form For Buhari ‘Na Dem Dey Rus Us'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.