Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,195 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo (16886 Views)

Don’t Insult Buhari, He Is Puppet To No One, Tinubu Slams PDP / I’ll Run For Presidency In 2015, Says Buhari / Jonathan May Run For African Union Chairperson (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by Ganys: 9:20am On Jun 01, 2012
denko: Buhari is a great man in his own right and I respect him as an elder statesman. But as far as a democracy is concerned in this digital age and time, Buhari is not the best that Nigeria has to offer.

Abuse of power is the worst form of corruption in leadership. Buhari abused power when he was military Head of State.

When Buhari seized power, he threw Alex Ekwueme into prison in KiriKiri and kept Shehu Shagari under house arrest. How do you explain such double standards?

During Buhari, journalists were brutalized, hushed and muzzled. Tunde Thompson and Nduka Irabor were jailed under the evil laws of the Buhari regime.

During the Buhari regime, 53 suitcases were smuggled into the country at a time the nation's borders were closed because of the change in the colour of the national currency in 1984. Have we forgotten?

Under Buhari's regime, there was a law against 18 year olds going to Hajj. Tunde Idiagbon took his 14 year old son to Hajj and nothing happened.

Lawal Ojuolape, Benard Ogedengbe and Bartholomew Owoh; these three men were ordered to be executed by Buhari under a retroactive decree for the crime of drug trafficking which didn't carry a death penalty wen they committed the crime.

The late Tai Solarin was imprisoned and refused treatment for his asthma by this same Buhari.

Secretary General of the ruling NPN Uba Ahmed who was Buhari's tribesman was arrested at the airport only to be released on Buhari's orders and allowed to fly out of the country.

Buhari, like IBB and Abdusalami Abubakar treated the Oputa Panel with disdain. He refused to show up at the panel.

I will not vote for Buhari in 2015; not even if he picks the Pope as his running mate.
Well researched lies. But bros, If you pay more attention to investigate why you are jobless to research these piece about Buhari, You wouldnt have been as poor as you are today..just my opion

2 Likes

Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by Nobody: 9:21am On Jun 01, 2012
A man who used GUNS τ̅o oust an elected govt I̶̲̥̅̊n †ЂΞ past Is nt morally fit τ̅o ask us τ̅o elect him as our leader. ¶ will neva vote buhari.

1 Like

Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by Ganys: 9:21am On Jun 01, 2012
Demdem: Will make my decision by 2015 when i have all alternatives in front of me. I hope better candidates would have shown interest by then. if not, Buhari isnt that bad to be President.
One thing am sure of is The Retardeen is a No-No
Well said bro, We need better alternative
Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by kiviglomi: 9:22am On Jun 01, 2012
Confusionist, coming to confuse the country again. He himself is confused. does he think the path of hounor is to die as a president? someone close to his grave still wants to lead a country. God forbid. *smh*
Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by Demdem(m): 9:22am On Jun 01, 2012
Danka7777:

How old are you? I deeply question your thought process!

Dont waste ur time. u dont need to question what is not there.
Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by ogochukwunasa1: 9:23am On Jun 01, 2012
If am asked' who are you goin to vote for between Jonathan and buhariharam'- i wil vote for fashola.
If am askd why, i would say:
gej is an ibecile.
Buhari is a vampire.
Fashola is smart.
Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by Ganys: 9:26am On Jun 01, 2012
rasputinn: Iddiot,see his terrorist mouth wey e take dey talk say "I may run again",who you wan come dey tell "my pellow kwantiri-man"
Why do you want to run;YET AGAIN,oh so if you run and lose the election;AS USUAL,you would now unleash your boko and almajiri boys to murder the harmless youth corpers?
Ayatollah Buhari,run na,anybody hold you?may you run to your doom before 2015
What evidence do you have against Buhari in the Death of Youth corp member? Did he carry gun to kill them. You need to be very careful bro. Most NYSC corp members are yet to be paid their April allowance now, some of them are suffering in my environment here because of unpaid allowance Under GEJ Govt. Stop castigating Buhari here, Just tell us that you hate anything Hausa/Fulani/Muslims then i will agree with you. Mumu

1 Like

Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by Ganys: 9:28am On Jun 01, 2012
kiviglomi: Confusionist, coming to confuse the country again. He himself is confused. does he think the path of hounor is to die as a president? someone close to his grave still wants to lead a country. God forbid. *smh*
Between LameDuck Egbere Jonathan and Buhari, Who is more confused
Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by mike404(m): 9:28am On Jun 01, 2012
People don"t seem to understand what this whole boko haram imbroglio is all about. the bitter truth is that this whole escalation of the boko haram scourge is directly related to the results of the 2011 presidential elections. the conservative northern elite have analyzed the voting pattern and discovered the unfolding scenario of nigeria"s political reality. they northern leaders seem to have reached the conclusion that the votes president jonathan got from the northern part of nigeria to roundly beat the northern candidates came largely from christian votes resident in the north. they seem to have concluded that henceforth, southern candidates who are mostly christians, can get the statutory geographical spread to win future presidential elections with or without the support of the conservative northern political elite. they see this as a potential end to their stranglehold on nigeria"s political,and economic life wire. so they seem to have decided to take decisive action to remedy the situation.these escalations by boko haram are not primarily to make nigeria ungovernable for president jonathan. the devious plan seems to be a decimation of the christian population in such a way that by 2015 when national elections will hold again, the emerging pool of northern christian votes would have been neutralized. the boko haram attacks are directed at achieving the following aims. first, the persistent attacks against christians,and churches will have a direct impact on christian evangelism and church growth. this will result in a halt in the growth of the christian population in the north. secondly,the incessant attacks which have heightened insecurity in the north will make southern christians resident up north to take flight and relocate from the north to the south. thirdly , christians
of northern origin will be cowed out of fear for their dear lives to think twice before openly supporting or voting for christian candidates in subsequent presidential elections. subsequently therefore,every southern candidate who intends winning the presidential elections will have to contend with the northern muslim votes. in other words, the southern candidates must rely on the contribution of the northern political elite who have a control over their people to get the necessary geographical spread. by so doing, they hope to restore the mystical political invincibility of the "monolithic" north. to them,no sacrifice is too much to make in this bid to reclaim the "lost" political glory of the north. all collateral damage to northern socio-political, cultural and economic interest in the short run, is worth enduring. after-all, the huge legitimate, and illegitimate benefits derivable from the possession of the office of president of the federal republic of nigeria ,far outweighs such "minor"temporary inconveniences. thi accounts for the seeming silence on the part of the northern leadership over the escalation of the boko haram scourge. this to me is the truth of the matter.
PUNCHLINE-- BUHARRI ENGINEERED THE KILLING OF CHRISTIANS IN THE NORTH

2 Likes

Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by yam: 9:30am On Jun 01, 2012
bayooooooo:

Buhari is not, in a word, electable.

He does not have the capacity to move Nigeria forward. Infact, GEJ is still more intelligent than Buhari who had a brilliant chance to defeat PDP but squandered the opportunity only to be crying over an impending electoral defeat which he suffered in any case. He sees no other competent candidate but himself. He can not negotiate, make deal, or persuade. The only language he understands is violence, violence and his delightful expression of how blood would flow. Have you ever watched him mouthed the phrase "something bloody will happen in 2015" and how a sudden expression of joy written on his face? He is arrogant, selfish, blood thirty, sharia loving, non cerebral, a very timid soldier who by all definition not worthy of ever downing the colors of Nigerian military attire. Any vote cast for that man is a betrayal of intelligibility,a betrayal of history, a betrayal of secularism in Nigeria, a betrayal of peace and the eternal enthronement of arrogance, selfishness, incompetence and retrogression beyond what's currently bedeviling the nation. Since 2003, this man has not found someone worthy to also back as a supporter, what a profession! What a career! What a hobby! SAI Buhari a professional presidential candidate will surely appear on his epitaph.

As usual, I expect him to campaign, tour Kano and Maiduguri twenty times telling them that a vote cast for an infidel is a vote against Allah. I expect him to talk of Baboons and blood flowing like the River Niger. I expect him to form another party, SAI BUHARI PARTY of Nigeria, when the likes of El-Rufai chase him away from CPC. I expect Buhari at the end of it all to blame it on rigging. Of course in 2016, a year into the new administration, I expect IBB to call him an upright man so he can start preparing for 2019 elections!

Sai Buhari my foot!

No, my broda, u got it all wrong.if our progressive party so to say(ACN)had ve several tyme wants to work wit dis guy and his people der is a high level of acceptance.

Where did u get that imagination dat Johanthan is better than Buhari, i cant beleieve in the presence face of reality u are still talking of jonathan.

Jonathan is the worst thing that ever happen to nigera,anybody dat ask me why must be from jaimaica because even the chinese knows.
Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by tessyade: 9:34am On Jun 01, 2012
ibnjarir: For the records he did not contest in 1999.
I was about to write the above when i saw your post. I am not a supporter of Buhari but i think people should not be misinformed by journalists.
Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by Nobody: 9:39am On Jun 01, 2012
In 1985, IBB was the president of Nigeria and our teachers told us that Buhari was the former President....Our teacher also called us the leaders of tomorrow....27 years after, IBB and Buhari are still contesting for President....its either our teacher lied to us about being the leaders of tomorrow...or tomorrow hasnt come.

2 Likes

Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by slickfiz(m): 9:39am On Jun 01, 2012
[b][/b][/color][color=#000000]

Buhari was only deceiving himself back then & still is. He's merely building castles in the sky. If he thinks he's going to win the 2015 elections. GOD is bigger than little him & this country will stay together whether he likees it or Yes, The LORD works in mysterious ways..
Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by Murphy7h4: 9:40am On Jun 01, 2012
[img]http://www.50centloseweight.com[/img]
rasputinn: Iddiot,see his terrorist mouth wey e take dey talk say "I may run again",who you wan come dey tell "my pellow kwantiri-man"
Why do you want to run;YET AGAIN,oh so if you run and lose the election;AS USUAL,you would now unleash your boko and almajiri boys to murder the harmless youth corpers?
Ayatollah Buhari,run na,anybody hold you?may you run to your doom before 2015
so excited!
Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by nairakobo1: 9:40am On Jun 01, 2012
denko: Election is over and i'm happy that Goodluck is President. Buhari had the chance to do something good by stopping his supporters from rioting but he fueled it all. is that the type of president we want in our country.
thats the bad what about the good? Gej has he's BIG flops too. One thing i trust about buhari is that if he's president, past and present corrupt office holders will have to seek asylum elsewhere. He did well as ptf chairman under abacha
Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by shizzle11(m): 9:42am On Jun 01, 2012
bayooooooo:

He does not have the capacity to move Nigeria forward. Infact, GEJ is still more intelligent than Buhari who had a brilliant chance to defeat PDP but squandered the opportunity only to be crying over an impending electoral defeat which he suffered in any case. He sees no other competent candidate but himself. He can not negotiate, make deal, or persuade. The only language he understands is violence, violence and his delightful expression of how blood would flow. Have you ever watched him mouthed the phrase "something bloody will happen in 2015" and how a sudden expression of joy written on his face? He is arrogant, selfish, blood thirty, sharia loving, non cerebral, a very timid soldier who by all definition not worthy of ever downing the colors of Nigerian military attire. Any vote cast for that man is a betrayal of intelligibility,a betrayal of history, a betrayal of secularism in Nigeria, a betrayal of peace and the eternal enthronement of arrogance, selfishness, incompetence and retrogression beyond what's currently bedeviling the nation. Since 2003, this man has not found someone worthy to also back as a supporter, what a profession! What a career! What a hobby! SAI Buhari a professional presidential candidate will surely appear on his epitaph.

As usual, I expect him to campaign, tour Kano and Maiduguri twenty times telling them that a vote cast for an infidel is a vote against Allah. I expect him to talk of Baboons and blood flowing like the River Niger. I expect him to form another party, SAI BUHARI PARTY of Nigeria, when the likes of El-Rufai chase him away from CPC. I expect Buhari at the end of it all to blame it on rigging. Of course in 2016, a year into the new administration, I expect IBB to call him an upright man so he can start preparing for 2019 elections!

Sai Buhari my foot!

You are a true son of your father. God bless u joor! buhari my footwear shiity sole
Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by diesel86: 9:43am On Jun 01, 2012
When some pple talk i start doubting if these country has a future. if i may ask, at this crtical period of these nations existence what do we need?

Answer is Discipline and zero level of corruption once these is enforced you would see that things would start falling in place.

And without being biased the only person alive that can do this is Maj. Buhari.

3 Likes

Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by 2goodbobo(m): 9:45am On Jun 01, 2012
Once you have tasted power, you will want to hold on to it again because power intoxicate and make one feel he's more equal than others! Buhari might be an Up Right man to so many people but to me he's not because he had the chance to prove that by publicly criticizing the onslaught of Boko Haram but he is and was no where to be found. Politics should not be based on Religion, Ethnicity, skin colour or Regional Affair and that is what the North have failed to understand Hence backing Buhari to contest again instead of preparing other capable candidates! I see Buhari losing again and if he loses again, I foresee massive violent in 2015 because he will be ready to show his barbarism openly by then.
Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by maigaskiya1: 9:47am On Jun 01, 2012
denko: Buhari is a great man in his own right and I respect him as an elder statesman. But as far as a democracy is concerned in this digital age and time, Buhari is not the best that Nigeria has to offer.

Abuse of power is the worst form of corruption in leadership. Buhari abused power when he was military Head of State.

When Buhari seized power, he threw Alex Ekwueme into prison in KiriKiri and kept Shehu Shagari under house arrest. How do you explain such double standards?

During Buhari, journalists were brutalized, hushed and muzzled. Tunde Thompson and Nduka Irabor were jailed under the evil laws of the Buhari regime.

During the Buhari regime, 53 suitcases were smuggled into the country at a time the nation's borders were closed because of the change in the colour of the national currency in 1984. Have we forgotten?

Under Buhari's regime, there was a law against 18 year olds going to Hajj. Tunde Idiagbon took his 14 year old son to Hajj and nothing happened.

Lawal Ojuolape, Benard Ogedengbe and Bartholomew Owoh; these three men were ordered to be executed by Buhari under a retroactive decree for the crime of drug trafficking which didn't carry a death penalty wen they committed the crime.

The late Tai Solarin was imprisoned and refused treatment for his asthma by this same Buhari.

Secretary General of the ruling NPN Uba Ahmed who was Buhari's tribesman was arrested at the airport only to be released on Buhari's orders and allowed to fly out of the country.

Buhari, like IBB and Abdusalami Abubakar treated the Oputa Panel with disdain. He refused to show up at the panel.

I will not vote for Buhari in 2015; not even if he picks the Pope as his running mate.
o boy u harsh o even if hm pik pope hahahahahaha na wa o
Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by DCTrendy(m): 9:50am On Jun 01, 2012
I will not vote for Buhari and I wont allow my family to do that!!

The Govt is depriving us of good roads, water, electricity and security! We shouldn't allow them to deprive us of our religion too!

Buhari will Islamise the country!!

After the election, what stopped him from making a simple 2mins statement? and all his boys will stop killing those corpers.

Buhari should forget about that seat abeg!
Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by fizzyshoes: 9:52am On Jun 01, 2012
Obasanjo and buhari are military men. Now obsanjo support buhari mmmmmmmm! Obasanjo need to be handle in this country or that man will destroy this country with his devilish plan.
Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by betrani(m): 9:53am On Jun 01, 2012
Ganys:
Now, You have show how stupid you are here. I though you were objective in your previous post. Its now a naked fact that you are a religions bigot. You are one of the 22Millions fools that voted for this SUFFERING called GEJ. repeat the same again in 2015 and continue to suffer. Suffering and smiling
Retardeen sane man! U nor b fool abi? U wan deny say u nor vote for that Man without shoes abi? Tell me say ur father and mother nor vote for that pumpkin make I here! Mu-mu

1 Like

Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by inob: 9:58am On Jun 01, 2012
Sum 1 should plz help me tell buhari his not d change Nigerians ar lukn 4,he had a chance n failed,if d north must produce a president cum 2015,it shouldn't b buhari cos i beliv D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ ar more younger n visionary politicians dat can effect dat change,rada dan buhari.i don tlk finish o
Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by ziccoit: 10:04am On Jun 01, 2012
Buhari has done so much for his country that nobody would expect anything more from him again. But, I will like him to lead this country to clear my country off all these badlucks and pretenders. Sir, welcome on board. Where is my voters card.

1 Like

Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by Smooth278(m): 10:05am On Jun 01, 2012
Ganys:
Now, You have show how stupid you are here. I though you were objective in your previous post. Its now a naked fact that you are a religions bigot. You are one of the 22Millions fools that voted for this SUFFERING called GEJ. repeat the same again in 2015 and continue to suffer. Suffering and smiling

And U̶̲̥̅̊ think Buhari wud be better abi Mtshew!!! Watever happened to the so called leaders of 2moro!!! Old redundant semi-senile retired general that makes unguarded statements that lead to the death of so many innocents!!! Kai!!!
Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by maasoap(m): 10:06am On Jun 01, 2012

I think and believe he still did better than Ibo soldiers who murdered all nationalists and Nigerian founding fathers except those of Ibo race when they carried out the Nigeria first ever military coup, all in the name of saving Nigeria. If Igbo soldiers and race through their greed and quest for power had not carried out first Nigerian coup de tat, would Buhari have followed in their footsteps? In fact, we wouldn't have found ourselves in this mess we're today. Some people killed with impunity while the other merely put them in prison which they later regained their freedom and you still had guts to compare. Get a life!

1 Like

Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by Genbuhari3: 10:07am On Jun 01, 2012
i dont think i have commented on Nairaland since the end of 2011 elections in which i supported General Buhari, financially, and campaigned vigorously.

But his present declaration has chased me out of silence. and i think he should not contest. terribly disappointed.

we do need him if we must chase PDP out of power in 2015, based on the support base of the North. but he needs to just groom and endorse a young man now, and with the ongoing talks with ACN, a fashola as vice presidential candidate. Buhari raising the hand and campaigning for a El Rufai in the North will secure the North for us, and A fashola as vice president from the south will do the magic from the south. and PDP will be a goner.

but with this Buhari declaration, there is trouble for the opposition. Buhari is far more unelectable in the south than he was in 2003, 2007, 2011. the stigma against him in the south is beyond deliverance!

i do hope God will make him change his mind.

and the question is why has Buhari been the most talked about opposition figure in Nigeria? same as Obafemi Awolowo who contested 1983 elections in his 70's. give to him please! it is only Buhari that talks and PDP starts opening their mouth in self defence. and he remains the most feared man by the corrupt few killing this country. i adore Jerry Rawlings who changed Ghana as a die hard Military Rule, I respect Sankara who almost did same in Burkina Faso. for Buhari almost doing it for Nigeria, I will always respect him. until we crush corruption and the corrupt in this country, this country goes no where.

no country develops without social justice! and Nigeria will not be an exception.

as for Jonathan, my silence in the last one year is always troubled by the thoughts of 'how did Nigeria get this man elected?'. it is absolutely shameful.

1 Like

Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by felixtare(m): 10:07am On Jun 01, 2012
espn: Nigerians knws wats rite..buh dey prefer suffering..dis fool called GEJ has no plan for dis country..al he does is to cause commotion in d country..sponsor terrorist..so dat he can steal more money..money dat can't be accountable for..dats just d fact..we want bold and competent leaders..@ least buhari made an impact wen he was head of state..dis GEJ has don absolutely nuffin..he's just a thief..stealing our money to enrich is pockect and send his so called millitants nd fellow bayelsans or south south indigenes outside d country..God wld catch him 1day..crook..
your comment tells were you re frm,d family u re frm,d part of country u re frm and d generation u re frm.keep hating Gej and d south south.......... grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by Sealeddeal(m): 10:12am On Jun 01, 2012
I believe in leadership where opposition will win the leading party and when the oda will win interchangeably.it will help rid nigeria of corruption because there will be proper checks within the party's activity and it will create room for decency.i like GEJ.i will equally want opposition party to win presidency but i dnt think i will ever support Muhammed Buhari.if he is the only credible candidate dat opposition have,then PDP will continue winning.before i 4get,i still like GEJ.
Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by rasputinn(m): 10:22am On Jun 01, 2012
@ MOD

Why are you not displaying my anti-Buhari posts?Are my not entitled to them just like the lying,weeping,murderous tyrant is entitled to cry on national TV,vow the he will never run for office again,only to change his mind and decide to be a serial contender for the office of president?
Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by maasoap(m): 10:25am On Jun 01, 2012

Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by omenziate(m): 10:35am On Jun 01, 2012
bayooooooo:

Sai Buhari my foot!

That guy bayoooooo get mouth. Jooooooor oooooo. Is buhari too old to become a Governor ni? At least he should b d same age wit Martins elechi. Dude looks too languid nowadays. Govern ur state abeg,we are dealing wit a handful of clueless pple at d moment, now topping it wit extremism will kill us abeg.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"I Am A Former Military Ruler, Now A Converted Democrat" - GMB / NJC Sacks Gbaja-Biamila And Idris Evuti / South-West Governors Are Afraid Of Buhari: Gen. Ishola Williams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.