Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,013 members, 7,838,543 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:35 AM

GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. (22653 Views)

Buhari Seeks Senate Approval To Borrow N2.10 Trn / Dogara Seeks Senate’s Approval For Removal Of IGP / Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. by Beaf: 4:56pm On Jun 06, 2012
maclatunji:

Citizens have the right to lobby their parliament O evil propagandist. GEJ should have waited for the court case to be concluded, why is he reversing his 'Presidential Proclamation on Democracy Day' by seeking the approval of the Senate?

Lol! Wait for what court case? Some of you are really pumped up in oversize shoes!
Do you think GEJ did not consult with the Senate before making the announcement? He just did not consult with ACN, cos they behave like c[i]o[/i]ck-eyed vagabonds.

Get used to MAULAG. cool
Re: GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. by OmoTier1(m): 4:58pm On Jun 06, 2012
Why waste much time on this issue, if GEJ like, let him rename UNIBEN after His chief armed robber Aka Mr, fix it! Meanwhile, the National Association of Fishermen hat wearers of Nigeria, (NAFHAN) heartily congratulates our dear patron and classified mums in chief for the successful renaming of the University of Lagos to MAUMAU, Lagos to mark his one year in office!

Hope those of you who wanted fresh air are enjoying it! I dey laugh oh!
Re: GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. by Beaf: 4:58pm On Jun 06, 2012
12 inches!:

Let's get this str8...I dnt really like u...I think u're very senile and dumb jst like GEJ who happens to be ur role model

You don't like me? Dude, I don't even know you!
Stick to the topic, bro.
Re: GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. by gaffer: 4:58pm On Jun 06, 2012
On UNILAG we stand. We can't be pushed to d wall. We know our right. We resist any strange name given to us. We will fight to Win this battle.

Greatest Akokaites !!!

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. by niddamugu(m): 5:02pm On Jun 06, 2012
onthefence: He ought to have done this earlier. Lessons learnt.

How come we did not hear of the other 2? undecided undecided undecided undecided This guy needs help....
Re: GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. by gokuu(m): 5:02pm On Jun 06, 2012
Thank God for Akokites, so if not for our rejection, MUMU GEJ would have forced an illegality on Nigerians. The UNILAG bill will be defeated in NASS. UNILAG has some alumni there, including the senate Majority leader, Victor Ndoma-egba. The ACN is on our side, and our ever active alumni association is leaving no stone unturned in lobbying NASS members......our prospects are bright. GEJ and his OLODO-163 killer-wife must die!
Re: GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. by lacasa: 5:04pm On Jun 06, 2012
JomoGbomo2: GEJ is obviously unaware of what he is doing. The clown has once again displayed his naiveness and ignorance when it comes to governance and rule of law. I just can't imagine what will happen in the next 3 yrs.

Personally I think this guy in unfit to be head of a family.

Lwkmd
Re: GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. by Beaf: 5:06pm On Jun 06, 2012
israel ben-zion:

The only evident idiocy is d one u display. What u call idiocy is d singular trait that raises d West(Yorubas) above all others in terms of political awareness. In any other part of d country, that illegality wud have been swallowed. But it can't 'fly' in d West, trust them. If all parts of Nigeria were 'Westernised', we wud hv had a more robust democracy.
I hail these students. These r d new face of Nigeria.
Mind u, the argument has always been: y did he not follow due process?
And I bet u, the Senate will turn him down. Just watch. N u will die wen it happens. Punkhead!

Shut the phuck up! angry
When people like me were on the streets risking our lives to fight for MKO, your type were hiding under their beds, paralysed with fear.
We faced live bullets, armoured cars and extremely powerful teargas dropped from helicopters that exploded with the sound of a bomb.
When we were patrolling and organising along the railway line (Oshodi to Iddo), along Western Avenue, Ikorodu Road etc; where were reptiles like you?

Today, you have the guts to tell me about Yoruba and the SW; and then turn around to spit on MKO. I find your type thoroughly despicable.
Re: GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. by coalcoal1(m): 5:10pm On Jun 06, 2012
medicine after death
Re: GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. by poj(m): 5:11pm On Jun 06, 2012
@ nuclearboy r u a psychologist? Akokites in d house the name unilag must remain. Nass must be occupied.
Re: GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. by Ugosample(m): 5:13pm On Jun 06, 2012
This is medicine after death. I thought he said no going back.
Re: GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jun 06, 2012
He dey mad, he b foolish n senseless donkey.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. by ypzilanti: 5:17pm On Jun 06, 2012
Beaf:

Shut the phuck up! angry
When people like me were on the streets risking our lives to fight for MKO, your type were hiding under their beds, paralysed with fear.
We faced live bullets, armoured cars and extremely powerful teargas dropped from helicopters that exploded with the sound of a bomb.
When we were patrolling and organising along the railway line (Oshodi to Iddo), along Western Avenue, Ikorodu Road etc; where were reptiles like you?

Today, you have the guts to tell me about Yoruba and the SW; and then turn around to spit on MKO. I find your type thoroughly despicable.

Abeg make i hear word. Anyone can claim anything. Your posts potray you as one of those Anyone In Power people (AGIP). Hence you would not have fought against the status quo 'government'. Your type abound everywhere in the world, and are especially resilient in Nigeria.

Back to the UNILAG issue, I am happy to quote MKO Abiola for the benefit of Jonathan:

' The man that says he does not know how he ended up on top of the coconut tree will either climb down the same way he came, or break his neck'.

Humbly retrace your steps King Jonathan, Maximum Ruler of Nigeria.
Re: GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. by Beaf: 5:22pm On Jun 06, 2012
ypzilanti:

Abeg make i hear word. Anyone can claim anything. Your posts potray you as one of those Anyone In Power people (AGIP). Hence you would not have fought against the status quo 'government'. Your type abound everywhere in the world, and are especially resilient in Nigeria.

Back to the UNILAG issue, I am happy to quote MKO Abiola for the benefit of Jonathan:

' The man that says he does not know how he ended up on top of the coconut tree will either climb down the same way he came, or break his neck'.

Humbly retrace your steps King Jonathan, Maximum Ruler of Nigeria.

Can you claim to have fought for MKO? Or are you not just another empty mouth belonging to an empty head, spewing dishonourable crap and spitting on MKO's legacy?

I find people who trample on the legacy of our true heroes to be no more than moral tramps.
Re: GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. by nuclearboy(m): 5:24pm On Jun 06, 2012
@poj:

Sun-Tzu, Tolstoy, Machiavelli and human history etc made me interested in psychology - fascinating field and one that Beaf would be well served to consider!

The greatest empires built on wisdom, power and even divine "arrangement" ALL fell! So it puzzles me when such as Beaf feel its all about today alone! I remember how Buhari was dreaded whist he ruled - same man now is the one that the sons of those who trembled before him, now insult randomly! The next few years will teach a lot of us wisdom because we have refused to learn from those that came before us! Babylon, Greece, the Persians, Rome, the Roman Church, Buhari etc!

I read, learnt and remember! It is only in that sense that I am a psychologist!
Re: GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. by ogasnow: 5:24pm On Jun 06, 2012
When on independence day last year, the FCT minister renamed Maitama district (one of the upscale areas in Nigeria and home to many of Nigeria's elite) in Abuja after the president (Goodluck Jonathan district), he technically committed no crime since...well...he owned the district and were (deservedly?) honoring the president.

Do you know the reaction of Maitama residents? They bucked and resisted. No way that was going be allowed. Why? Cos Maitama has become synonymous with good living and affluence.

Irrespective of the president's intentions, the reaction of UNILAG stakeholders (students, alumni, staff and governors) is understandable. UNILAG has gotten some people jobs, contracts, respect and even ensured upward social mobility in some cases. All who gain from the brand will resist.

As to the president's intentions, it is suspect. Does Jonathan really give a Bleep about MKO? No. Does his party? No. Did any of his predecessors? No. Is June 12 accorded national honor? No. Any electoral gain since the last election? No. In otherwords, GEJ could give a damn if Abiola was alive or dead.

Then, why the assault on UNILAG? As a lecturer, was he oppressed by superior brains in LAG? Did he seek employment at said institution but was refused? Does he just hate the guts of Lagosians (made up of all Nigerian ethnicities) who don't see any good in him and always reject his policies (subsidy protests)? The name change makes no sense. Period!

5 Likes

Re: GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. by phreakabit(m): 5:26pm On Jun 06, 2012
Michael Okpara University Umudike MOUU
Modibbo Adama University MAU
Moshood Abiola University MAU

RFLMAO!!!!
Re: GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. by Beaf: 5:32pm On Jun 06, 2012
nuclearboy: @poj:

Sun-Tzu, Tolstoy, Machiavelli and human history etc made me interested in psychology - fascinating field and one that Beaf would be well served to consider!

The greatest empires built on wisdom, power and even divine "arrangement" ALL fell! So it puzzles me when such as Beaf feel its all about today alone! I remember how Buhari was dreaded whist he ruled - same man now is the one that the sons of those who trembled before him, now insult randomly! The next few years will teach a lot of us wisdom because we have refused to learn from those that came before us! Babylon, Greece, the Persians, Rome, the Roman Church, Buhari etc!

I read, learnt and remember! It is only in that sense that I am a psychologist!

By using yourself as the definition, even Native Doctors too are psychologists, bro.
Please, stop insuting psychologists. Thank you.
Re: GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. by bolakale30(m): 5:32pm On Jun 06, 2012
israel ben-zion:

Rabid Beaf on d rampage again. Dude, sumtimes u just shut d Bleep up and learn. U need not reply every time, esp if u are ignorant on d issue. Tot u said d name-change was final then? U still bawled like a dog wit rabies when some people were saying he ought to have sought parliamentary blessings first before changing d name. Now u hv seen it that his action is far from fianl. Wat if d Senate turns him down? And there is a s trong likelihood of dat happening.
Wen they turn him down what will be ur response then?
Brother u av just spoken my mind, u definitely belong to the teem on intellectuals on NL
Re: GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. by nduchucks: 5:32pm On Jun 06, 2012
This was the same way that Otuoke and eight other villages got fresh varsities by executive fiat recently, only to have NASS ratification later.

GEJ is now doing the same with renaming Unilag. This is the main reason why I did not understand the outrage expressed by many SW leaders including MKO's lawyer, who should have known better. I suspect there are other reasons, yet to be articulated, about the said recent outrage.
Re: GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. by oginnade: 5:32pm On Jun 06, 2012
So Maku has finally agreed that his aclaimed stakeholders were nt consulted.He even affirmed there is no going back knowing fully well that they have jumped before the gun. What a shameless people. PDP's influence in the House of Assembly will be defeated by God's grace.
Re: GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. by Beaf: 5:35pm On Jun 06, 2012
oginnade: So Maku has finally agreed that his aclaimed stakeholders were nt consulted.He even affirmed there is no going back knowing fully well that they have jumped before the gun. What a shameless people. PDP's influence in the House of Assembly will be defeated by God's grace.

The only stakeholder is the Senate and they were consulted. Every other party is either a tenant or noisemaker.
MAULAG belongs to the FG, so the only stakeholders are the arms of FG. Period.
Re: GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. by poj(m): 5:37pm On Jun 06, 2012
@ nuclearboy that is quite interesting, u must surely be a great reader.
Re: GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. by KMOS: 5:38pm On Jun 06, 2012
All those supporting Goodluck now tell me is this not admission of error on the part of the president if i were in the senate i would oppose the bill and vote no so that next time he will know where his powers as president starts and ends
Re: GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. by Jyde89: 5:39pm On Jun 06, 2012
All hail GEJ the wise man,may your image never be tarnished as you lead this country away from the next level! Crying mode activated, my heart bleed's for my land.
Re: GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. by OAM4J: 5:39pm On Jun 06, 2012
Beaf: I'm wondering what id!ot would have expected the President to put a motion on the floor of the senate before announcing the name. There are many strange types on NL indeed!

The federal govt owns the damn place and it has chosen to honour MKO.

This is the drill:

1. President announces.
2. Senate stamps approval.
3. MAULAG is born

Simples. cool

I cant believe you post this. You were much better than this, but you lost your objectivity the day you decided to follow GEJ blindly and see no wrong in him or whatever he does.

1st The Nigerian People own UNILAG and not Fed Govt. The Govt manages it with other institutions on behalf of the people. It is only right for a responsible government to carry the people along especially the key stakeholders before embarking on such matter.

Secondly only GEJ and his GEJ-cannot-do-wrong supporters will think implementation of a plan comes before approval. Even a 6yr old kid knows better. GEJ did not announce it as a plan but a decision of the FG which is illegal cos it has no approval.

Your post here is an insult to the National Assembly because it reduces them to mere rubber stamp. Too bad. Well may be NASS is just a rubber stamp because GEJ knows he only has to 'settle' them to approve whatever he says, but then that will be another evidence of a terribly corrupt government.

3 Likes

Re: GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. by pek(m): 5:41pm On Jun 06, 2012
Michael okpara university umudike has been in existence for years. Formerly federal university of agriculture, umudike.
Re: GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. by hardbody: 5:42pm On Jun 06, 2012
A few days ago i broached this same issue with some folks while we were stepping down after work, i recall telling them that Universities are set up by statutory instruments, thus any changes will only be legally effected by carring the legislature along and getting their approvals. I am not very certain now whether the President could veto their negative resolution, you need to see how those imbecilic eediots paraded their ignorance arguing in favour of GEJ. At that point i knew really and trully that a country can only get the type of leader it deserves. This legal angle is much too elementary for any Attorney General and Minister of Justice to even reasearch on. The simple truth is that we are a failed nation bereft of leadership while quite a large number of the led are no better than their leader. Rather than weep, i laugh for Nigeria, for without these things happening, the disintegration might never happen. Carry on GEJ. MUMU X 2
Re: GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. by nuclearboy(m): 5:42pm On Jun 06, 2012
@Beaf:

Senate was consulted but they are only being told (officially) now? cheesy

You just keep on & on in error, sinking deeper in mire yet believing you pass muster!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Wamakko Governor Of Sokoto Suspended By PDP / Obasanjo Pays Condolence Visit To The Awolowos (Photo) / Buhari Speaks At China-African Cooperation In China (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.