Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:36 AM

Lagos Fills Roads With Crash Site Rubble - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Fills Roads With Crash Site Rubble (16781 Views)

Governor Fayose Blocks Ekiti Roads With Buses And Bonfires To Avoid Impeachment / Governor Fayose Blocks Ekiti Roads With Buses And Bonfires To Avoid Impeachment / T B Joshua Lights Up Colombia , Fills Olympic Stadium. ( Photos ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Fills Roads With Crash Site Rubble by icez: 12:44pm On Jun 08, 2012
June 8, 2012
by Sesan Olufowobi

The Lagos State Emergency Management Agency has started using the piles of rubble evacuated from demolished buildings affected by the Sunday plane crash to fill potholes on streets around the crash site.

The move, however, aroused fears of epidemic among residents who felt that the rubble should have been taken out of the area.

Our correspondent, who was at the Iju-Ishaga area of the the site on Thursday observed that LASEMA used its excavation machines to fill the potholes, while the its officials spread the debris.

The streets, Tolulope, Adebayo, Popoola and Olaniyi were in a state of disrepair before the crash and were made worse by the heavy equipment used for rescue operation.

A resident, Dapo Ganiyu, an unemployed graduate, said many people in the area did not appreciate LASEMA’s effort.

He said, “There is no way that pieces of flesh will not be in the rubble. As you can smell for yourself, there are offensive odours everywhere. This is dangerous.”

Another resident, Alhaji Ayo Amidu, said the good intention of the state government could backfire as the rubble could cause epidemic in the area.

He said, “Many residents here have made the observation. I am sure that elders within the neighbourhood will do something about it. Don’t forget that people were pulled out from the initial rubble before the buildings were demolished.”

Assistant Chief Training Officer, NEMA, Mr. Olarewaju Kadiri, also dispelled the fear of epidemic, saying the areas were fumigated on Wednesday. According to him as they evacuate the rubble, more fumigation exercise will take place to prevent epidemic.

http://www.punchng.com/news/lagos-fills-roads-with-crash-site-rubble/
Re: Lagos Fills Roads With Crash Site Rubble by Ejine(m): 12:53pm On Jun 08, 2012
What a dead country!
Re: Lagos Fills Roads With Crash Site Rubble by icez: 12:58pm On Jun 08, 2012
i don't think it is right.
Re: Lagos Fills Roads With Crash Site Rubble by karlmax2: 1:08pm On Jun 08, 2012
That's lagos for you if Ʊ want to expose how lagos really looks like go to the streets from mainland to island from aguda to ikeja! Check the local government roads the local streets that people stay in and forget about the cosmetic dressing going on in lagos

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Fills Roads With Crash Site Rubble by Arosa(m): 1:10pm On Jun 08, 2012
Not a good idea.
Re: Lagos Fills Roads With Crash Site Rubble by Arosa(m): 1:14pm On Jun 08, 2012
On a second thought, I should keep my mouth shut. lipsrsealed
Re: Lagos Fills Roads With Crash Site Rubble by icez: 1:19pm On Jun 08, 2012
Arosa: On a second thought, I should keep my mouth shut. lipsrsealed

Why?
Re: Lagos Fills Roads With Crash Site Rubble by Arosa(m): 1:30pm On Jun 08, 2012
icez:

Why?

Did you not see them insulting me the other day because I gave my opinion on another matter that consigned Lagos?
Re: Lagos Fills Roads With Crash Site Rubble by icez: 1:47pm On Jun 08, 2012
(
Arosa:

Did you not see them insulting me the other day because I gave my opinion on another matter that consigned Lagos?

its really about the health implications.
However i understand your fears. cool cool
Re: Lagos Fills Roads With Crash Site Rubble by Arosa(m): 1:49pm On Jun 08, 2012
icez: (

its really about the health implications.
However i understand your fears. cool cool

grin grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Fills Roads With Crash Site Rubble by Kobojunkie: 1:52pm On Jun 08, 2012
icez: June 8, 2012
by Sesan Olufowobi

The Lagos State Emergency Management Agency has started using the piles of rubble evacuated from demolished buildings affected by the Sunday plane crash to fill potholes on streets around the crash site.

The move, however, aroused fears of epidemic among residents who felt that the rubble should have been taken out of the area.

Our correspondent, who was at the Iju-Ishaga area of the the site on Thursday observed that LASEMA used its excavation machines to fill the potholes, while the its officials spread the debris.

The streets, Tolulope, Adebayo, Popoola and Olaniyi were in a state of disrepair before the crash and were made worse by the heavy equipment used for rescue operation.

What? It is only Friday for pete's sake . . .less than a week after this incident. What is this I am ready again?
Re: Lagos Fills Roads With Crash Site Rubble by eiknarf14(m): 1:53pm On Jun 08, 2012
Utter nonsense . . . . Why use d rubble from the crash to fill pot holes ? Is our country so backward ? ? smh

1 Like

Re: Lagos Fills Roads With Crash Site Rubble by AnotherOkija: 1:55pm On Jun 08, 2012
Hmm...

No comment
Re: Lagos Fills Roads With Crash Site Rubble by icez: 1:55pm On Jun 08, 2012
wink

Arosa:

grin grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Fills Roads With Crash Site Rubble by Willy7(m): 1:55pm On Jun 08, 2012
Hmmm,hope those Lasema or whatever knws wat they re doing?cos i dnt see hw harmless such gesture is.Nigeria is yet to curb d bomb problem going on daily and which can be arrested or minimizes via strigent security measures,so we dnt need and epidemic that we cnt even trace d cure.God help us.
Re: Lagos Fills Roads With Crash Site Rubble by zangiff(m): 1:55pm On Jun 08, 2012
quack and inexperienceworkers at work.THis country is getting worse day by day
Re: Lagos Fills Roads With Crash Site Rubble by etayokha(f): 1:56pm On Jun 08, 2012
[color=#990000][/color] Not gud at all, that area is at risk of epidemic out break, Nigeria govt they love using human beings for experiment, y did they spread dat tin as if they dont knw wat it can course, they want ppl to die again, God will not allow it.
Re: Lagos Fills Roads With Crash Site Rubble by signified: 1:58pm On Jun 08, 2012
Administrative problems has completely ruined my country Nigeria. God help us In Jesus Name.
Re: Lagos Fills Roads With Crash Site Rubble by 4evergod3: 1:58pm On Jun 08, 2012
The government officials and workers are they all illiterates? Whats wrong with this country? How can you take rubble from a crash site where almost 200 people died to fill the roads around the area. First of all its disrespectful and second of all its a serious health hazard.

Is it now that they are seeing the potholes around that area? So Lagos now resorts in waiting for buildings to be destroyed before they can fix the roads in that area with the rubble from the destroyed buildings? People live there for christs sake. Families, children....... This is a serious health concern and another medical time bomb waiting to explode. We claim to be civilized. I spit on Lagos state, Nigeria and all its officials who think with their rear ends and not their brains. I just feel like fixing a very huge horn speaker on the roof of my vehicle and driving up and down our major streets of Lagos screaming F--CK THE GOVERNMENT! Because that is what they deserve.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Fills Roads With Crash Site Rubble by lukecent: 1:59pm On Jun 08, 2012
I tink dat dis crash wud ve draw d state govt's attn to d poor state of road arnd dat area
Re: Lagos Fills Roads With Crash Site Rubble by icez: 2:00pm On Jun 08, 2012
Kobojunkie:

What? It is only Friday for pete's sake . . .less than a week after this incident. What is this I am ready again?

In this case, LASEMA got it wrong.
Re: Lagos Fills Roads With Crash Site Rubble by signified: 2:03pm On Jun 08, 2012
When people starts getting sick and die, they will set up a committee to look into it, they will employ labor to do the fumigation. In the end, they will claim they have created more jobs is Lagos unemployed abi? which way Nigeria? grin
Re: Lagos Fills Roads With Crash Site Rubble by icez: 2:04pm On Jun 08, 2012
signified: When people starts getting sick and die, they will set up a committee to look into it, they will employ labor to do the fumigation. In the end, they will claim they have created more jobs is Lagos unemployed abi? which way Nigeria? grin

grin grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Fills Roads With Crash Site Rubble by pupolove: 2:04pm On Jun 08, 2012
this is not good enough
Re: Lagos Fills Roads With Crash Site Rubble by Olaolufred(m): 2:06pm On Jun 08, 2012
eiknarf14: Utter nonsense . . . . Why use d rubble from the crash to fill pot holes ? Is our country so backward ? ? smh

Yes. because your corruption has take you back to the stone age.
Re: Lagos Fills Roads With Crash Site Rubble by lukecent: 2:06pm On Jun 08, 2012
Shows dey don't ve value 4 human lives
Re: Lagos Fills Roads With Crash Site Rubble by FrankC3: 2:08pm On Jun 08, 2012
You notice how most people are condemning the act without mentioning Fashola's name. I am sure that if NEMA had been the one managing this situation, we would have seen GEJ dragged into the incident by any means possible.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Fills Roads With Crash Site Rubble by fesse(f): 2:09pm On Jun 08, 2012
Definitely there will be pieces of flesh in the debris; why use it to fill pot-holes? shocked shocked shocked shocked Nigeria my country---which way?
Re: Lagos Fills Roads With Crash Site Rubble by Jalal(m): 2:10pm On Jun 08, 2012
Using rubbish to coverup inefficiency!
Re: Lagos Fills Roads With Crash Site Rubble by icez: 2:11pm On Jun 08, 2012
Frank-C:
You notice how most people are condemning the act without mentioning Fashola's name. I am sure that if NEMA had been the one managing this situation, we would have seen GEJ dragged into the incident by any means possible.

FASHOLA must stop this mess.
Re: Lagos Fills Roads With Crash Site Rubble by gbemisegun(m): 2:16pm On Jun 08, 2012
lukecent: I tink dat dis crash wud ve draw d state govt's attn to d poor state of road arnd dat area

If it had done dat .. Should d debris from a collapse aircraft with ova 150 lives be the right material for filling of potholes in a lagos residential environment. When we even talk about fumigation ow much do this quack know about standard fumigation and quarantine. .. The administration is so bleeped and I keep wondering when and how is Nigeria going to get better . Am more than disappointed.
Re: Lagos Fills Roads With Crash Site Rubble by ifunayam(f): 2:17pm On Jun 08, 2012
Oh No! this just isnt right!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

INEC Postpones Election Indefinitely In 18 Polling Units In Yobe Over Insecurity / 2019: PDP Targets APC Governor, Senator Kwankwaso For Presidency / Reno Omokri: "Senator Ovie Omo-Agege Now Behaving Like An Agege Tout"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.