Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,766 members, 7,809,955 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:43 PM

Why Do Men Have To Work Their Socks Off For Women? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Men Have To Work Their Socks Off For Women? (15508 Views)

I Bet This Group Of Men Have Gone Extinct. / 10 Strange Things All Men Have Done At Least Once / Still Wondering Why Nigerian Men Have Difficulty Getting Married, Early In Life? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Men Have To Work Their Socks Off For Women? by queensmith: 11:56pm On Jun 13, 2012
ronkebp:

Not too sure, just read it here from a poster....if she did, she knows what she will get in return...that lady is so expired!!!

well if she's doing it all for show then kudos to her. If not then she definitely needs help, her choice of partner is questionable indeed. I don't know why any self respecting woman will date that man talkless of buy him shit!
Re: Why Do Men Have To Work Their Socks Off For Women? by Loveaflame(m): 12:00am On Jun 14, 2012
Point of observation.Many Men don't work hard for the women but for their children.This is for the married men.The men's wives donlt inherit properties but the children do especially from where I came from.Though the ones that love their wives will take good care of them but they are really labouring for their kids.Even the Bible says A GOOD FATHER LEAVETH AN INHERITANCE FOR HIS CHILDREN'S CHILDREN.not the wife or woman
Re: Why Do Men Have To Work Their Socks Off For Women? by MissEZ(f): 12:08am On Jun 14, 2012
Methinks that though the man is the provider, God never intended that the women be gold diggers either. REad proverbs 31, it talks about the virtuous woman and clearly shows that she is just a s industrious as her man. The problem is when men meet women who are working and doing well, they get scared and insecure saying that she will be proud and unsubmissive (granted this is true is some cases but not all). they therefore end up settling for what i call chewing gum chicks or lazy women who want to be kept and then come on here to complain about it.

Morale of the story is that men should encourage their wives to better themselves and find something to do no matter how small. For instance my dad married my mum as a diploma holder, in 30 years she is an associate professor who has a law degree, a masters in info science and a Phd as well. My dad who is also in academia pushed her to go to school even when she didnt want to. Now she is proud of her accomplishments. It takes a confident and also God fearing man to pull his partner up, and it also takes a God fearing woman to not take advantage of such a good man. Guys shine your eye, if you marry nonsense, you have no one to blame but yourself.

A few more things, in Nigeria today, it is not weird to see the woman being the main source of income for the family, women have really stepped up to the plate and are providing and taking care of the home, while the man lazies around and spend her money or cheap babes. Also someone mentioned that women paying bills in naija is a foreign concept, once again i beg to differ, if you are dating a correct chick and not all these cheap and easy babes, you will definitely see that this is not the case. So once again if you want to enjoy the benefits of a mutually beneficial relationship in every sense, stop chasing cheap babes and find yourself a good hardworking woman with a good head on her shoulders.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Have To Work Their Socks Off For Women? by Nobody: 12:09am On Jun 14, 2012
In Genesis, after the sin of Adam and Eve, God cursed Adam, that he will toil before he eats. That is why men work so much. God told the woman (Eve) that she will suffer pains during childbirth. That is still happening.
As for me, I spend my husband's money on him. To compensate for his hard work. For any beautiful shoe I buy for me, I also buy him a lovely item. That way, we both look sweet together.
Re: Why Do Men Have To Work Their Socks Off For Women? by Nobody: 12:38am On Jun 14, 2012
shymmex: So, I just checked the time - and it's 6.30am.. It's time to do a little reflection, before I hit my bed, and sleep for 4hrs (this has been my daily routine for the past 6months). Which means; I basically work my butts off for 18hrs daily, just to be an alpha male..

But why do I have to stress myself everyday? When, I already have enough qualifications to get a nice job, to cater for myself, and myself only till I leave this planet.

But why do I need to acquire more, just to put myself in a better position to be able to compete for more lucrative jobs, once I decide to start my own family?

Why do I need to always strive to be "top of the pops?"

Why do I need to sit down everyday, and think about different wonderful ideas - for futuristic purposes?

And the answer I keep getting is women, women, and women.. We as men work hard everyday, but the funniest thing is that - we do it for the ladies.. We dress nice for them; look nice for them; work our butts off for them; plan ahead for them; and when we chase money, fame, and good life, we also do it for them. Yet, most of these women don't even appreciate what we go through because of them smh..

It's a sad world - and I'm pissed!

**Heads to bed in anger**

Good night and good morning! angry

PS: My eyes are blurry, don't mind my incoherent rants. grin
You be woman wrapper. Not all men live like you. What a waste, so pathetic.
Re: Why Do Men Have To Work Their Socks Off For Women? by Thugnificent(m): 2:55am On Jun 14, 2012
Correct me if am wrong but i think the op's post is lame. The correct title for d thread shuda been: why do 'some' men have to work there socks off for women....because there is basically stay-at-home dads whose wifey does all the work to bring food to the table.....nowadays, d numba of women in the labour force is increasing everyday.....and according to a popular saying: 'what a man can do, a woman can do beta...so op your thread is poo!
Re: Why Do Men Have To Work Their Socks Off For Women? by Nobody: 5:13am On Jun 14, 2012
shymmex: Seriously, did I write post this thread? shocked shocked

I'm crazy, yo!
Re: Why Do Men Have To Work Their Socks Off For Women? by Nobody: 5:13am On Jun 14, 2012
shymmex: Seriously, did I write post this thread? shocked shocked

I'm crazy, yo!
Re: Why Do Men Have To Work Their Socks Off For Women? by Nobody: 5:14am On Jun 14, 2012
shymmex:

Why should I settle for less - when I can go for the best?

I love educated, classy, and beautiful women. grin

me too bro
Re: Why Do Men Have To Work Their Socks Off For Women? by lastpage: 6:13am On Jun 14, 2012
PStylish: @OP
I'm highly disappointed.
Do you really want to sit down and be spoonfed by your girlfriend or wife?
I see many women almost singlehandedly sustaining their husbands' (his personal needs) and families' needs nowadays.
Its natural for any real man to aspire 2 meet his family's (not d wife alone's) needs.
The bible says that a man that cannot provide for his household is worse than an infidel.
No matter how rich I become, no woman be it gf or wife can make an ATM machine of me.
Come on wise up!!!
If you are going to "accept and respect" Biblical quotes on something, then you MUST do same in ALL THINGS!
Now did the same BIBLE not say:
1.) A man is the "head" of his family?
2.) That a woman is A HELPER (NOT an EQUAL!) to her husband?

See, if we all respect and abide by "The Word", things would be very easy to manage! wink wink

We cant "pick and choose", only where and what suits our position.

Lastpage

BTW: There is nothing wrong in working your socks-off, for your wife......The only problem is if you have "an ingrate" for a wife......and from the days of the garden of Eden, that has been the way of women (God dont blame me, blame my husband! )....at least most women sha
Re: Why Do Men Have To Work Their Socks Off For Women? by Owaiking: 6:46am On Jun 14, 2012
shymmex:

But why can't I get the best chic, if I decide to be broke - and just lead a normal life?
I fink d definatn of d best chic is subjective, bu i do not deny d fact dt women ar d major prob of dis world. Smtyms i wish der was a diff planet each 4 single men, single women nd marid folks..
Re: Why Do Men Have To Work Their Socks Off For Women? by crackhouse(m): 8:56am On Jun 14, 2012
@op, i don't work or look good to impress women. If u do, as for me, i don't.
Re: Why Do Men Have To Work Their Socks Off For Women? by true2god: 9:17am On Jun 14, 2012
Right frm the days of John the baptist it had been the duty of a man to provide for the family. Even in african culture it is the same. But because of the present economic situation women have to work to support the man for the upkeep of the family. The bible says any man dat cannot cater for the family is worse dan an infidel. So there is no cheatin here, men are meant to work to suppport not only the children but also the wife. Dats not to encourage houseism, not good cause if there is financial crisis at home the woman shuld assist.
Re: Why Do Men Have To Work Their Socks Off For Women? by ayizz(m): 9:32am On Jun 14, 2012
the only reason for some men,why they work so hard is because some women cld be irritating,once a man gives them the chance to work aswell they miss use the opportunity in the sense that they have money.
while for some men;if they go to work and their wives goes aswell,who will take care of their children coupled with what the nannies these days are been demonically possessed .
Re: Why Do Men Have To Work Their Socks Off For Women? by Akanbiedu(m): 9:32am On Jun 14, 2012
If you work so hard so you could satisfy woman/women, then you have no life at all.
Re: Why Do Men Have To Work Their Socks Off For Women? by DECOtech(m): 9:38am On Jun 14, 2012
shymmex: So, I just checked the time - and it's 6.30am.. It's time to do a little reflection, before I hit my bed, and sleep for 4hrs (this has been my daily routine for the past 6months). Which means; I basically work my butts off for 18hrs daily, just to be an alpha male..

But why do I have to stress myself everyday? When, I already have enough qualifications to get a nice job, to cater for myself, and myself only till I leave this planet.

But why do I need to acquire more, just to put myself in a better position to be able to compete for more lucrative jobs, once I decide to start my own family?

Why do I need to always strive to be "top of the pops?"

Why do I need to sit down everyday, and think about different wonderful ideas - for futuristic purposes?

And the answer I keep getting is women, women, and women.. We as men work hard everyday, but the funniest thing is that - we do it for the ladies.. We dress nice for them; look nice for them; work our butts off for them; plan ahead for them; and when we chase money, fame, and good life, we also do it for them. Yet, most of these women don't even appreciate what we go through because of them smh..

It's a sad world - and I'm pissed!

**Heads to bed in anger**

Good night and good morning! angry

PS: My eyes are blurry, don't mind my incoherent rants. grin

Did anyone force you to work?
1.why do You want a woman? =so that so can start YOUR OWN family.
2.Why do YOU want a family? =I guess YOU won't like the idea of living and dying a lonely man.

Its all about YOU bro.
Its all about YOURSELF.

Stop whinning! tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Why Do Men Have To Work Their Socks Off For Women? by DECOtech(m): 9:42am On Jun 14, 2012
Owaiking: I fink d definatn of d best chic is subjective, bu i do not deny d fact dt women ar d major prob of dis world. Smtyms i wish der was a diff planet each 4 single men, single women nd marid folks..
You of all people would still cut corners to get yourself to the planet of the opposite sex grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Men Have To Work Their Socks Off For Women? by Mynd44: 9:54am On Jun 14, 2012
my-friend:
it is natural instinct that we must provide shelter, food and security, and for you to provide all thid stuff you must work extra hard. remember if you hansome more than solomon and you cannot provide these stuffs. you must be ready to swallow your spam by yourself, unless you are impotent.
Maybe that is your natural instinct dude. Mine is survival not feeding some girl
Re: Why Do Men Have To Work Their Socks Off For Women? by Ozonna(m): 11:16am On Jun 14, 2012
In traditional Igbo setting, husbands call dia wives ORIAKU (Wealth eater) meaning women r supposed to just gve birth 2 Children,do household chores,cook and atmost remove unwanted weeds from d farm While d husbands goes 2 hunt,farm,palmwine tapping,etc. So we shouldn't complain. However,we'll really appreciate a hardworking lady dat earns her own money and helps in reducing her husband's load (A HELPMATE)
Re: Why Do Men Have To Work Their Socks Off For Women? by Princek12(m): 11:47am On Jun 14, 2012
kimberluge: pls,just shut ur hole in ur face! It is so disgusting and only filth comes out of it,dickhead!! undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

abi i lie
Re: Why Do Men Have To Work Their Socks Off For Women? by Tgirl4real(f): 12:19pm On Jun 14, 2012
lastpage:
I always say it that "women are smarter than men...........on the average"!
They know how to pretend a lot!

*You are working for them (they know it), yet they keep complaining that they are "doing all the work" for you!

*When it suits women, you are "the man" (you are supposed to be stronger) but at other times, YOU ARE BOTH EQUAL!

*When you are working your socks off and making money,they call you names like "darling and sweetheart" but when situation changes and the money does not flow as usual, you become names like "lame ass, lazy bum, wretched man, useless man e.t.c".

*And if things get worse for you, they start looking for the next man with a "deeper pocket"!........of course it starts with a litany of "complaints" as we often on Nairaland!
*Those in the Western World are even worse........small problem with their husband like these, the next thing is how to eject him from the house and make him fund their lavish life style!
That is how deep the "I love you sweetheart" goes!
Well, until men start getting and acting smart enough not to put their happiness in any woman ........ just until then, they would continue to work very hard and die young wink wink
Imagine some "men" even claiming they were created to work and be slaves" to women! shocked

Lastpage!

BTW: truth hurts and l would not be surprise if a few women rant at me

Hmm. . . Ese gann ni sad
Re: Why Do Men Have To Work Their Socks Off For Women? by etchel(m): 1:07pm On Jun 14, 2012
ogugua88: It's innate and biological. It's difficult to make the distinction now between women who are money-hungry and women who are simply looking for a provider. You want a beautiful, intelligent, and classy woman and you probably hope that those qualities pass down to future children if you have any. That's innate in men. Women want a provider and men want to be able to provide, otherwise their chances of obtaining a woman from the top of the pyramid diminish. That's how the game works and has worked since the beginning of time.

You go the extra mile because with a female addition in your home is the possibility of child or children. Men have to work their socks off because they're the ones who plant women with child. Wouldn't you want your wife or girlfriend to be in the most comfortable setting when she has to carry your child for nine months and then nurse it after its birth? You would want everything to be readily available for a child as well. If men were the ones giving birth, then it would surely be the other way around.

Women work their socks off as well. Carrying a baby, eating properly, trying to remain sane during hormones, and then childbirth, the most painful thing a woman goes through, no be beans. On top of that, women have their own distinctive qualifications and are obtaining higher and more demanding positions.

As for those who don't appreciate men and their hard work, there are sour grapes in every bunch.
Same Reason why i dont think getting married is a good idea totaly.
Re: Why Do Men Have To Work Their Socks Off For Women? by IHNetworks: 2:32pm On Jun 14, 2012
OP, all the 'good' things of life in this world,
Big house, luxury cars, diamonds, fancy clothes, gourmet meals, private jets,
Dollars, blings etc were all created by devil, not for you but for
WOMAN.
Men steal, kill, risk their life, their health, happiness and soul to get these things
Just so they can attract WOMEN.
Men lust after women, and women lust after the material stuff I listed above.
You don't have to be goodlooking or be of good character to get a fine woman. All
You need to do is have these material possesions and she'll be happy to roll with you but
Lose these things and it won't be long till she takes a walk.

Once you realise the above, you will be liberated from the ideological
Prison which which has held men captive from the beginning of time.

Once you're free, it doesn't mean you will no longer work hard or desire good things
But at least you will have higher goals and motives for acheieving them
than just getting a piece of woman's a**.
Re: Why Do Men Have To Work Their Socks Off For Women? by stevecantrell: 2:58pm On Jun 14, 2012
That's it !

Re: Why Do Men Have To Work Their Socks Off For Women? by ronkebp(f): 3:46pm On Jun 14, 2012
lastpage:
If you are going to "accept and respect" Biblical quotes on something, then you MUST do same in ALL THINGS!
Now did the same BIBLE not say:
1.) A man is the "head" of his family?
2.) That a woman is A HELPER (NOT an EQUAL!) to her husband?

See, if we all respect and abide by "The Word", things would be very easy to manage! wink wink

We cant "pick and choose", only where and what suits our position.

Lastpage

BTW: There is nothing wrong in working your socks-off, for your wife......The only problem is if you have "an ingrate" for a wife......and from the days of the garden of Eden, that has been the way of women (God dont blame me, blame my husband! )....at least most women sha

FYI, it was the man that blamed EVE, not the other wayround.
Re: Why Do Men Have To Work Their Socks Off For Women? by cfours: 4:42am On Jun 15, 2012
so that when you get rich, you can have your pick of the hottest women. duh
otherwise, you can quit your job and marry a ugly village woman if that's what you want to settle for.
Re: Why Do Men Have To Work Their Socks Off For Women? by Nobody: 4:46am On Jun 15, 2012
I'm really getting annoyed with these kind of useless threads.

What kind of mothers do you ppl have? What kind of aunts, sisters, etc do you have?

No women in my family, including me, sit around for men to "work their socks off" for us. Jeez this is the 21st century where women work as hard as men.

So annoying!
Re: Why Do Men Have To Work Their Socks Off For Women? by warrior101: 10:30am On Jun 15, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
I'm really getting annoyed with these kind of useless threads.

What kind of mothers do you ppl have? What kind of aunts, sisters, etc do you have?

No women in my family, including me, sit around for men to "work their socks off" for us. Jeez this is the 21st century where women work as hard as men.

So annoying!

For your mind abi? Abeg go on s'ohun jor..
Re: Why Do Men Have To Work Their Socks Off For Women? by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jun 15, 2012
warrior101:

For your mind abi? Abeg go on s'ohun jor..

S'emi lo n ba soro? So ara e o! angry
Re: Why Do Men Have To Work Their Socks Off For Women? by Igosun: 4:28pm On Jun 15, 2012
@Poster Mayb is because you are the one working that is why are you talking like this, go to some houses today i tell you women are the breadwinner and still does the house works and other stuffs.

So what will you say about this kind of situation.......that women works for men huh!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Reasons For Rejection Of Marriage Proposals / "Not All Best Friend Can Actually Be Best Lovers - Relationship Expert / Why Would A Woman Wants To Fight Over A Man?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.