Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,132 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? - Religion (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? (202470 Views)

I Need Deeper Life Bible -gospel Hymns CD / Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? / Deeper Christian Life Ministry Then, And Deeper Life Bible Church Now. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by jice(m): 3:40pm On Dec 18, 2009
I am not a Deeper Life member but I give enough respect to the Gentle and humble man up there.

He is a Teacher.

He is consistent.

those who feel not secured in any church that preaches the absolute truth should try Anton LaVey's Church
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by nnajiofo: 12:03am On Feb 20, 2010
youths run away because life is just too deep very very deep youth need freedom imagine a lady without earrings where is that one written in the holy book that ladies should not wear earring.
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by MrCrackles(m): 1:12am On Feb 20, 2010
What has deeper life got to offer youths
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by gentleemmy(m): 6:26pm On Feb 25, 2010
MrCrackles:

What has deeper life got to offer youths
Deeper Life in itself as a denomination has nothing to offer. All they preach is the Bible and that is what they offer
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by Ganjaseed: 3:57pm On Feb 26, 2010
Deeper life preach the gospel with little understanding, their presentation of God and His kingdom was the greatest blunder of all times. When they started they ushered in a similar principle of the Taliban but in a very gentle manner.

They abstain from watching TV and listening to music and even refused to play instrument in the church, they chose their way of dressing thereby forcing members to dress thesame way and if not, meaning you are not yet sanctified.

They made people to dispose their TV and stereo set attributing those things to demons.

If that message of old that he has preached for years to his followers is now taking the opposite turn, its a clear indication that God was never involved in that doctrine. because i have seen this same man on TV granting interviews and recording his church program, making video tapes and all that.

Where are they going to watch those tapes ?

Has God reverse that message He gave to the GO years back or what happened. my answer is NO . That was a message preached out of ignorant, God is all knowing and He knew in time to come media will help in reaching out to people so He (GOD) couldn't have inspired that message. Because now they are using thesame means they condemn years back to create awareness of the deeperlife church.

Infact there are many other things I just decided to mention this.

ONE LOVE people !!!!!!!
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:24pm On Feb 26, 2010
Ganjaseed:

Deeper life preach the gospel with little understanding, their presentation of God and His kingdom was the greatest blunder of all times. When they started they ushered in a similar principle of the Taliban but in a very gentle manner.

They abstain from watching TV and listening to music and even refused to play instrument in the church, they chose their way of dressing thereby forcing members to dress thesame way and if not, meaning you are not yet sanctified.

They made people to dispose their TV and stereo set attributing those things to demons.

If that message of old that he has preached for years to his followers is now taking the opposite turn, its a clear indication that God was never involved in that doctrine. because i have seen this same man on TV granting interviews and recording his church program, making video tapes and all that.

Where are they going to watch those tapes ?

Has God reverse that message He gave to the GO years back or what happened. my answer is NO . That was a message preached out of ignorant, God is all knowing and He knew in time to come media will help in reaching out to people so He (GOD) couldn't have inspired that message. Because now they are using thesame means they condemn years back to create awareness of the deeperlife church.

Infact there are many other things I just decided to mention this.

ONE LOVE people !!!!!!!

Haven't you been warned of the dangers of smoking that seed?
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by EbosetaI: 2:25pm On Mar 18, 2010
From ma point of view. Youth run away because, they want 2 feel belong, av liberty. I attend deeper life church and i am a youth, one can still attend deeper without dressing like them, they wunt ask you to go out of the church. All they want is you dress decent. But sometimes the youth leaders are the cors of this problem, they over do these things.
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by mabsam(m): 5:44pm On Apr 20, 2010
simple, the church is the icon of holiness and excellence, its unfortunate that most youths even in this end times cannot keep the standard of holiness, i'm a youth in deeper life and i enjoy the presence of God there.
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:14am On Apr 21, 2010
Watch the DCLM Channel online 24/7

Click on the appropriate link (top right corner) to connect to this TV channel online.

DCLM Channel
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by 5solas(m): 5:37pm On Apr 25, 2010
Because of their leaning towards a salvation that is based on works.

Romans 10
3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.
4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone that believeth.

Believe me, Pelagianism kills.
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by akaazua(m): 12:24pm On Apr 28, 2010
Not just that youths are running away from deeper life, many people also ran away from Christ when they did not accept his doctrines. Read John6:66. It is not just deeper life church people are running away from, but Mountain of fire, the Lord chosen, Redeem  and almost every other Church. If they could run away from Christ because they didn't accept his teachings, How much less churches today. Even Jesus can not compel people to stay. Pls serve God in the Spirit and truth.
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by dinachi(m): 5:55pm On Apr 28, 2010
I may not be a member of Deeper Life Church, but my respect for the church know no bounds. I have no doubt at all in my mind that the church doctrine is sound and evryone who is sincere and honest to himself will agree to that. The reason why youths avoid the church is that it has zero tolerance for immorality and makes it a point of duty to hammer on the need for spiritual soundness , a topic that most youths will rather abandon for intellectual soundness and worldliness. Again the doctrine of restitution while being biblically sound and seriosly avoided by the do anything, wear anything churches is a foundational message in deeper life Church.
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by Emmacarnegie(m): 1:59pm On Apr 30, 2010
They are not avoided it is just dat they are going to de extreme,they regard non members as sinners.I dont c anything wrong with putting on earrings or nice cloths.
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by taitee(f): 6:37pm On May 27, 2010
i like dlbc cos d pastor preaches d truth bout God's word. If u run 4rm a church ask dis que? Why am i runnin? Is it 2 avoid convictn of a sin? Its btwn u n God. Im a Godseekr n i see Tru worship n Felowship wit God whr i cn find it even if its in a gathrin of 2.
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:24am On Dec 10, 2010

Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by aspabay(m): 4:47pm On Dec 10, 2010
I was born in an African church, grew up in a Pentecostal and later in deeper life for about ten years. I left when I felt it was just boring, but after going to most of the popular churches in Lagos especially those around Ojota, I have good reasons to return to where I can hear the sound word of God and not just some motivational speeches. Somewhere where the destination of everyman, eternity is always taking the front burner, after all it is the end that matters. I like many things about the other churches I have visited, but believe me deeper life’s focus is on real essence of life.

I respect those in other churches, and I will appreciate if you respect mine. I have seen it all, and I know what I am talking about. If you have any disagreement with deeper life, I can understand, those of us there, we too see some things, but tell me, is there any perfect system here on earth? Definitely not! So why not appreciate the good part and deemphasize the not too Ok part.

Anywhere you worship, one thing is important, serve god with the whole of your heart spirit soul and body.

I am a deeper lifer and I am proud to be one.
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by seunlayi(m): 9:17pm On Jan 17, 2011
mabsam:

simple, the church is the icon of holiness and excellence, its unfortunate that most youths even in this end times cannot keep the standard of holiness, i'm a youth in deeper life and i enjoy the presence of God there.
even when men of working class find it difficulty to stay in the church when they already knew their source of income are not godly and they are frequently tormented by the message from their pastor. I belive this helps them to shape a standard for their members, although they are human being they may be expose to some excesses, but they always have their conscience which are always alive whenever the needs arises. I first had may first contact with the church years back. But now, after going through some other churches, i back to deeper live.
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jan 17, 2011
aspabay:

I was born in an African church, grew up in a Pentecostal and later in deeper life for about ten years. I left when I felt it was just boring, but after going to most of the popular churches in Lagos especially those around Ojota, I have good reasons to return to where I can hear the sound word of God and not just some motivational speeches. Somewhere where the destination of everyman, eternity is always taking the front burner, after all it is the end that matters. I like many things about the other churches I have visited, but believe me deeper life’s focus is on real essence of life.

I respect those in other churches, and I will appreciate if you respect mine. I have seen it all, and I know what I am talking about. If you have any disagreement with deeper life, I can understand, those of us there, we too see some things, but tell me, is there any perfect system here on earth? Definitely not! So why not appreciate the good part and deemphasize the not too Ok part.

Anywhere you worship, one thing is important, serve god with the whole of your heart spirit soul and body.

I am a deeper lifer and I am proud to be one.

Good that you are a deeper lifer, just make sure that you are also a member of the true church, the body of Christ.

Remember as much as i also go to deeper life and admire the church for sound doctrine, deeper life will not save you, if you live in sin !
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by seunlayi(m): 9:43pm On Jan 18, 2011
Yes. Beliving you are a deeper life member will not guarantee you a ticket to heaven. We should walk with the lord, in the light of his world, what a glory he shields on our way, moreover, when we do Gods good will, he'll abide with us still and for our neighbours and friend who will trust and obey.
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by elipheleh(m): 10:31pm On Feb 15, 2011
This is not a Deeper Life vs Christ embassy talk, nor TV right or wrong, nor Do's and Dont's. We're all one body working together

Now you are the body of Christ and individually members of it.
—1 Corinthians 12:27
It a ll boils down to spiritual maturity and stage in Christ. I'll explain. Every newly born again begins as a baby thru adolescent to Adulthood.

@Cabali said
And I think if there isn't a great diff inwardly and outwardly btw the worldly and the born again, then God as well should allow sinners into heaven. the bride of Christ has to be diff from the Jezebels looks alike. This is what Deeper Life has a problem letting youths believe.
@ Kimba replied
Who is responsible for putting a great diff inwardly and outwardly btw the born again christain? Is it any church's doing or God Himself?

Now I think as per the newly born again child,youth,or parents, Deeper Life is doing the best 100%. The harms of TV, earings, miniskirts etc should be taught. A child still needs a parents guildiance, intructions and some times scolding. Else they won't know they are harming other kids of their age. Jesus urged Peter
Matthew 17:27 "But so that we may not offend them, go to the lake and throw out your line. Take the first fish you catch; open its mouth and you will find a four-drachma coin. Take it and give it to them for my tax and yours."Matthew 18:6 But if anyone causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a large millstone hung around his neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea. Corinthians 8:12 When you sin against your brothers in this way and wound their weak conscience, you sin against Christ.

And how are the kids supposed to know these things?

How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

John 9:36 "Who is he, sir?" the man asked. "Tell me so that I may believe in him."Acts 8:31 "How can I," he said, "unless someone explains it to me?" So he invited Philip to come up and sit with him.Ephesians 2:17 He came and preached peace to you who were far away and peace to those who were near.Ephesians 4:21 Surely you heard of him and were taught in him in accordance with the truth that is in Jesus.Titus 1:3 and at his appointed season he brought his word to light through the preaching entrusted to me by the command of God our Savior,

Its for these reasons Jesus orderd His disciples : And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
[b]Teaching them to OBSERVE all things WHATSOEVER [/b]I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world.

Yes, I know, only the Holy Spirit can convict a man, but how can He do this if no one preaches. Remember Eli was condemned BY GOD for not warning his children about (strickenly similar to our miniskirt issue) seducing and luring the weak widows to bed. 1 Samuel chapter 2

They committed adultery with women who gathered at the door of the tabernacle of worship.  (vs 22)

They refused to obey truth and quit [/b]sinning even when they were confronted with the terrible things they had done.  (vs 25)

Eli was told that both of his sons would die in the same day, and that he would die soon also. Even his descendants were not allowed to stay as priests, [b]and his whole line (the lineage of a whole Aaron) was tarnished because he did not teach his sons in the right way.  He just seemed to let them do whatever they wanted to do and didn't try to stop them very hard. 

So Deeper Life is telling you the Do's and Don't s. You accept it or leave it. Then the Holy Spirit will do the rest.

Now as per Christ embassy and Adulthood , Hebrews 5:12-14 says

", you have come to need milk and not solid food. For everyone who partakes only of milk is not accustomed to the word of righteousness, for he is an infant. But solid food is for the mature, who because of practice have their senses trained to discern good and evil.

You see, the problem is that the babies in Christ- youths or whoever, don't know this and they immediately ran to eat bones-  adult food and it chokes them. All their teeth falls and they are more worse than their former unsaved state. They ( the infants, NOT their MATURE PASTORS who're actually on track ) will say it doesn't matter what or how you dress, God understands, God looks at the heart, etc. But that is devil misleading them cos they are still children and yet untrained. See what the bible says in Timothy 4:1-5

In the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who is to judge the living and the dead, and in view of his appearing and his kingdom, I solemnly urge you: 2proclaim the message; be persistent whether the time is favorable or unfavorable; convince, rebuke, and encourage, with the utmost patience in teaching. 3For the time is coming when people will not put up with sound doctrine, but having itching ears, they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own desires, 4and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander away to myths. 5As for you, always be sober, endure suffering, do the work of an evangelist, carry out your ministry fully. Timothy 4:1-5

Look at Jesus. When He was a child his father and mother called Him and even instructed Him Luke 2:48 When his parents saw him, they were astonished. His mother said to him, "Son, why have you treated us like this? Your father and I have been anxiously searching for you."

And even though he would have wished to stay longer in the tabernacle, He had no choice than to respond to their instructions Luke 2:49-51 (New International Version, ©2010) says

49 “Why were you searching for me?” he asked. “Didn’t you know I had to be in my Father’s house?”[a] 50 But they did not understand what he was saying to them.

51 Then he went down to Nazareth with them and was obedient to them. But his mother treasured all these things in her heart

But when he became an adult, the mother and family members sought Him cos they thought He was in trouble. Only this time He replied in Matthew 12:46–50

While he yet talked to the people, behold, his mother and his brethren stood without, desiring to speak with him. Then one said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to speak with thee. But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren? And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren! For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

Here, He demonstrated that a mature christian didn't need human guildance anymore, but will respond to the leading of the Holy Spirit as recorded only in The Bible - God's WILL. So any christian who wants to mature to the level of motherhood and brotherhood should be able to reach a stage where he won't require human guidance anymore.
At this stage of maturity, only the Holy Spirit should be the tutor and leader. Mature Christians encourage one another. That's what Pastor Chris does. Pls note I had NEVER inferred that W. F Kumiyi is a Baby or anything. In fact, I can say he is one of God's Generals on earth. And there are only 12 God's Generals to ever live on earth.

[center]So, where Do The Youth's or Newly Born Again's Problems Lie?[/center]

The Bible says

Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it. Proverbs 22:6

So a child needs training [/b]first b4 he would be left alone to do what is right.
Now, Imagine spiritual adults gather in a conference, what could probably seduce or provoke them? Nothing. No Lady among them would be unreasonable enough to be uncovered. To her it is simply shameful and unchrist like. and no spiritually mature man there can be probably seduced or distracted because to him, it is the case of Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. Luke 23:34
[center][b]Conclusion
[/center]

Teach your children (including spiritual sons/daughters) the truth, and when they become old they won't need to be told what is right or wrong. And if you by grace is mature, please do not hinder the babes in Christ from attaining their maturity stage also. They can only get these through trainings from God's words. God is not a magician, He won't just throw Holy habits into you. You are required to do so by putting in your on effort. This is what the Bible means by working out your own salvation with fear and trembling
", work out your salvation with fear and trembling; for it is God who is at work in you, both to will and to work for His good pleasure." Philippians 2:12b-13
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by elipheleh(m): 1:15am On Feb 16, 2011
This is not a Deeper Life vs Christ embassy talk, nor TV right or wrong, nor Do's and Dont's. We're all one body working together

Now you are the body of Christ and individually members of it.
—1 Corinthians 12:27
It a ll boils down to spiritual maturity and stage in Christ. I'll explain. Every newly born again begins as a baby thru adolescent to Adulthood.

@Cabali said
And I think if there isn't a great diff inwardly and outwardly btw the worldly and the born again, then God as well should allow sinners into heaven. the bride of Christ has to be diff from the Jezebels looks alike. This is what Deeper Life has a problem letting youths believe.
@ Kimba replied
Who is responsible for putting a great diff inwardly and outwardly btw the born again christain? Is it any church's doing or God Himself?

Now I think as per the newly born again child,youth,or parents, Deeper Life is doing the best 100%. The harms of TV, earings, miniskirts etc should be taught. A child still needs a parents guildiance, intructions and some times scolding. Else they won't know they are harming other kids of their age. Jesus urged Peter
Matthew 17:27 "But so that we may not offend them, go to the lake and throw out your line. Take the first fish you catch; open its mouth and you will find a four-drachma coin. Take it and give it to them for my tax and yours."Matthew 18:6 But if anyone causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a large millstone hung around his neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea. Corinthians 8:12 When you sin against your brothers in this way and wound their weak conscience, you sin against Christ.

And how are the kids supposed to know these things?

How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

John 9:36 "Who is he, sir?" the man asked. "Tell me so that I may believe in him."Acts 8:31 "How can I," he said, "unless someone explains it to me?" So he invited Philip to come up and sit with him.Ephesians 2:17 He came and preached peace to you who were far away and peace to those who were near.Ephesians 4:21 Surely you heard of him and were taught in him in accordance with the truth that is in Jesus.Titus 1:3 and at his appointed season he brought his word to light through the preaching entrusted to me by the command of God our Savior,

Its for these reasons Jesus orderd His disciples : And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
[b]Teaching them to OBSERVE all things WHATSOEVER [/b]I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world.

Yes, I know, only the Holy Spirit can convict a man, but how can He do this if no one preaches. Remember Eli was condemned BY GOD for not warning his children about (strickenly similar to our miniskirt issue) seducing and luring the weak widows to bed. 1 Samuel chapter 2

They committed adultery with women who gathered at the door of the tabernacle of worship.  (vs 22)

They refused to obey truth and quit [/b]sinning even when they were confronted with the terrible things they had done.  (vs 25)

Eli was told that both of his sons would die in the same day, and that he would die soon also. Even his descendants were not allowed to stay as priests, [b]and his whole line (the lineage of a whole Aaron) was tarnished because he did not teach his sons in the right way.  He just seemed to let them do whatever they wanted to do and didn't try to stop them very hard. 

So Deeper Life is telling you the Do's and Don't s. You accept it or leave it. Then the Holy Spirit will do the rest.

Now as per Christ embassy and Adulthood , Hebrews 5:12-14 says

", you have come to need milk and not solid food. For everyone who partakes only of milk is not accustomed to the word of righteousness, for he is an infant. But solid food is for the mature, who because of practice have their senses trained to discern good and evil.

You see, the problem is that the babies in Christ- youths or whoever, don't know this and they immediately ran to eat bones-  adult food and it chokes them. All their teeth falls and they are more worse than their former unsaved state. They ( the infants, NOT their MATURE PASTORS who're actually on track ) will say it doesn't matter what or how you dress, God understands, God looks at the heart, etc. But that is devil misleading them cos they are still children and yet untrained. See what the bible says in Timothy 4:1-5

In the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who is to judge the living and the dead, and in view of his appearing and his kingdom, I solemnly urge you: 2proclaim the message; be persistent whether the time is favorable or unfavorable; convince, rebuke, and encourage, with the utmost patience in teaching. 3For the time is coming when people will not put up with sound doctrine, but having itching ears, they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own desires, 4and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander away to myths. 5As for you, always be sober, endure suffering, do the work of an evangelist, carry out your ministry fully. Timothy 4:1-5

Look at Jesus. When He was a child his father and mother called Him and even instructed Him Luke 2:48 When his parents saw him, they were astonished. His mother said to him, "Son, why have you treated us like this? Your father and I have been anxiously searching for you."

And even though he would have wished to stay longer in the tabernacle, He had no choice than to respond to their instructions Luke 2:49-51 (New International Version, ©2010) says

49 “Why were you searching for me?” he asked. “Didn’t you know I had to be in my Father’s house?”[a] 50 But they did not understand what he was saying to them.

51 Then he went down to Nazareth with them and was obedient to them. But his mother treasured all these things in her heart

But when he became an adult, the mother and family members sought Him cos they thought He was in trouble. Only this time He replied in Matthew 12:46–50

While he yet talked to the people, behold, his mother and his brethren stood without, desiring to speak with him. Then one said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to speak with thee. But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren? And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren! For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

Here, He demonstrated that a mature christian didn't need human guildance anymore, but will respond to the leading of the Holy Spirit as recorded only in The Bible - God's WILL. So any christian who wants to mature to the level of motherhood and brotherhood should be able to reach a stage where he won't require human guidance anymore.
At this stage of maturity, only the Holy Spirit should be the tutor and leader. Mature Christians encourage one another. That's what Pastor Chris does. Pls note I had NEVER inferred that W. F Kumiyi is a Baby or anything. In fact, I can say he is one of God's Generals on earth. And there are only 12 God's Generals to ever live on earth.

[center]So, where Do The Youth's or Newly Born Again's Problems Lie?[/center]

The Bible says

Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it. Proverbs 22:6

So a child needs training [/b]first b4 he would be left alone to do what is right.
Now, Imagine spiritual adults gather in a conference, what could probably seduce or provoke them? Nothing. No Lady among them would be unreasonable enough to be uncovered. To her it is simply shameful and unchrist like. and no spiritually mature man there can be probably seduced or distracted because to him, it is the case of Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. Luke 23:34
[center][b]Conclusion
[/center]

Teach your children (including spiritual sons/daughters) the truth, and when they become old they won't need to be told what is right or wrong. And if you by grace is mature, please do not hinder the babes in Christ from attaining their maturity stage also. They can only get these through trainings from God's words. God is not a magician, He won't just throw Holy habits into you. You are required to do so by putting in your on effort. This is what the Bible means by working out your own salvation with fear and trembling
", work out your salvation with fear and trembling; for it is God who is at work in you, both to will and to work for His good pleasure." Philippians 2:12b-13
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by jesujayi: 12:11am On Mar 24, 2011
Thanks everyone. But one thing is that this topic cannot be discourse in the flesh. Talking in the flesh means talking base on sight, feelings, emotion, tradition, culture and religion. Talking in the spirit means you are saying thing base on what The Spirit of God said. Am talking about The Spirit of God that is not own by any church, group or individual. Not The Spirit of God you control and that you suggest to what you want and that He must do.
This "run away" issue should not be seen in the physical. This is because God is seeing many there as “run away” also, even though they are there physically. Not only in deeper life even in your church! You are absent as God is concern when you are not in His Spirit with Him. Which means pastor can be absent before God and he is the one preaching and so on. Also know that your way of dressing, talking, composure does not make you a Child of God. This is because all these things and others minus The Spirit of God and His leading is useless before God, even though everyone around says you are deeper life or whatever the name you are called.
All that has being said may not be new because many may have had it in their church or from someone. The issue is that you will not be able to do it or change to God because (1) the speaker does not obey God (2) the flesh will hijack it in your hand and you will end up doing it in the flesh (3) the word came from the flesh and the spirit of flesh, so all will end in flesh (4) your reason of wanting to do it/doing it is to fulfill your self/fleshly motive. Remember and if you do not know, not done in the flesh can please God.
It is disappointing today that souls of man are not save to God but rather save to church! Where is your soul save to? Is your soul even save at all?
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by jesujayi: 12:15am On Mar 24, 2011
The call to everyone here including me (why me? am included in it because God is a righteous judge and no unrighteousness can be found in Him. His word is a 2 edge sword, correcting, rebuking, chastising and encouraging both the speaker and as well the listener. So it does not exclude anyone of us), is to surrender our life newly to God through His Holy Spirit and completely follow God in obedience to His word/instruction through His Holy Spirit. Listen obeying God will not bring you to God, but obeying God according to His rules will bring you to God. We can only know the rules of God through His Holy Spirit.
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by lepasharon(f): 10:23pm On May 07, 2011
why wont dey run away, deeper life is a very good bible church but all dey focus on is 24 dangers of wearing d lipstick,10 consequences of wearing trousers, even men sef were nt wering trousers!
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by mamagee3(f): 1:57am On Jul 01, 2011
Poster. . .

Can you name the number of youths that actually "ran" away from the church?
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by Nobody: 4:21am On Jul 06, 2011
I once attended a deeper life service in Uni cos of their tutorials and I never went back. Most people I have met from deeper life do not exude joy and they are very judgemental. Their lifestyle is very admirable but they always seem so mean and miserable its like they are being forced. A friend of mine actual said if he walks into a cafe or office and sees a deeper life sister he immediately feels that she will be unpleasant and unhelpful (I pity you if ur a guy with dreads or earrings or a girl with short skirt) earings. If deeper life members can be more Christlike and love everyone more inspite of them being sinners cos we are all still sinners after all a lot more people will love to become like them
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by Eben2: 5:50pm On Jul 06, 2011
I was once a member of DL bible church. I joined the church as a youth in 1994 and I had my first accounter with God in the Church. Be4 dat year, i never new who i was and where my life was heading. I was academically very poor, physically unhealthy and spiritually decayed!

I came to Lagos in that year to work as an houseboy and i was previleged to attend this church. I started listening to their messages and biblical teachings (most especially the youth monday bible study). they were not just interested in my spiritual growth but also in my academic excellence. I was told i can be the best among my equal by having great faith and hardwork. I can never forget what i learnt from: "Benefits of private personal studies". their teachings gave me so much inspiration dat i could learn anything by studying on my own (i could not read and understand a simple sentence before this). Ever since then, i've always been one of the best if not the best in my studies,
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by Eben2: 5:57pm On Jul 06, 2011
, i also grew and abound in the grace of God. I had great peace and joy in my heart that I could not explain. Inspite of the fact that for four years i was an houseboy, others would ask me how they could get wat i had and i was alway happy to show them the way to the cross.

Alas! by 2008, i gained my freedom and i moved into the world in the real sense of it and i was choked. I tried hard not to but the flesh had the upper hand and I fell! cry cry cry
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by Eben2: 6:07pm On Jul 06, 2011
3.They also fail to put into congnisance the perculiar,unique and natural nature of every youth for example, the craving for opposite sex attraction, adolescent trait and character, personality make up and identity, peer group pressure, social status, biological formation, quest for independence and juveline delinquency all this and many more are the factors affecting growth and development depending on how well handled.

My little story above is y i totally agree with Tioluwa post (April 4, 2006). I was not prepared for wat i met in the outside world. This is the area i'm really praying God will show DL how and what they shld do to prepared their youths for this youthful cravings. They shld allow their youths to mingle with other youths, teach them practical things about sex and other youthful deliquencies and how they can physically and spritually deal with them.

Although i now attend RCCG, but everything i know about Christ I learnt from DL and i still attend their Bible Study at times and also listen to their recorded messages.

NB: I thank the good Lord for restoring me after years of backsliding!

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by adros84(m): 11:07pm On Jul 06, 2011
Hm, what a question! To give a good answer will require a good knowledge of what d church stands for.
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by jadelyn007(f): 12:26am On Nov 09, 2011
personaly i dnt c anything wrong wit deeperlife.even idol worshipers and satanist have there own rules.if u dnt want to obey no body forces u.moreover look at d northerners especialy sharia states u wil c women with black veil over even their entire face in hot sun yet they stil worship their allah.what excuse do deeperlife youths have?
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by harritech: 8:21am On Dec 10, 2011
THE BIBLE SAYS IN 2TIMOTHY 2:19 "NEVERTHELESS, THE FOUNDATION OF GOD STANDETH SURE, HAVING THIS SEAL THE LORD KNOWETH THEM THAT ARE HIS, SO LET EVERY MAN THAT NAMETH THE NAME OF GOD DEPART FROM INIQUITY" SO WHETHER YOU ARE IN CHURCH A OR CHURCH B ,ONE THING IS CLEAR, GOD CANNOT LOWER HIS STANDARD FOR MAN, WE BETTER START CLIMBING UP SO AS TO MEET GODS STANDARD IF YOU REALLY ARE DESIROUS TO GET TO HEAVEN.
REMBR, THERE IS NOTHING LIKE A CARNAL/SINNING CHRISTIAN, YOU ARE EITHER A CHRISTIAN OR A SINNER. AS A CHRISTIAN LIVE THE LIFE THAT PORTRAYS CHRIST WHO YOU REPRESENT. OR IF A SINNER GO TO JESUS AND RECEIVE PARDON FOR YOUR SINS, HE HAS PAID THE PRICE FOR YOU.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin / The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes / From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.