Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,168 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:12 AM

Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? (202474 Views)

I Need Deeper Life Bible -gospel Hymns CD / Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? / Deeper Christian Life Ministry Then, And Deeper Life Bible Church Now. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by dearzi(f): 6:01pm On Apr 24, 2006
Honestly, what you know will either deliver you or condemn you, teaching matters, we need to search scriptures for ourselves. I mean, people are STRUGGLING to make it to heaven, when God's told us that all that pertains to life and godliness He's given to us already--so why the struggle?? we need to know what's been provided to make it to heaven, and not the rules of a church, besides, we're the church, not the buildings, or the leaders that make up the committee,

It's a matter of conviction, if your goal is making it to heaven, see what the bible says on making it to heaven, it doesn't matter what the church lays out as a means of making it to heaven "wear this, watch that, don't do this" at the end of the day people will not make it to heaven because they've missed that which is needed--a personal relationship with the Holy Spirit.

Our generation needs to be encouraged to seek that relationship, i believe that it's in the seeking they will find out how to live holy, how to live right, how to dress right, and how to speak right! it's in the relationship that parents will know how to parent their children and monitor them also. When you have a relationship with the Holy Spirit, you cannot be taken unaware as a parent, or a youth! i know this because when i started dating my fiance, the Holy Spirit quickened my spirit to know what issues lay ahead, and i was able to pray right and handle the issues. It had nothing to do with what any church had set aside, it's all a function of relationship.

Telling people how to be holy, by works, the bible says we're not justified by our works, will not help them--but showing people how to befriend that one who can teach you into all truths on how to live for Him, is what we need. With what i know right now, i look forward to marriage, to children to life, because i know who i am, i've been taught right, above all i have the most important relationship that rules cannot give.

So, all the arguements on how people dress and what they watch and stuff, can be quenched once that Holy Spirit takes over a person's life.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by cabali(m): 1:05pm On Apr 25, 2006
most rightly said lady! can we now refer to what she has said and end this thread! there is a million sense in what has just been posted y'all
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by pearldrops(f): 2:48pm On May 01, 2006
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by donnie(m): 4:54pm On May 01, 2006
Some people think it is the Spiritually immanture that walk in the freedom of christ. But that is not the case.

The spiritual man knows that in christ nether circumcision or uncircumcision means anything, headties or no headties, earings or no earings; but faith which works by love.

But i know there are some who are weak in faith and the mere sight of a girl i trousers will cause them to sin.  There are also those who never feel the prsence of the Spirit if their hair is uncovered. My advice to you in the name of God is REMAIN THERE O! -in deper life or Assemblies of God (or where ever) so that you do not come into condemnaton for whatsoever is not of faith is sin. Stay there and be taught God's Word until you become mature enough able to handle the Word of truth in the liberty of Christ.

I will never forget my experience with one of the leaders of a deeper life church in Calabar. By mere contact with Him, i could experience the love of Christ and the joy of the Holy ghost which he so lavishly expressed. The man coming out of his car was bubbling with life, smiling and responding to every greeting with a happy God bless you, stopping to chat and leave a word of exhortaiton from time to time with those he met on his way to his office as i followed him.

He was a lecturer and I came to meet him to borrow a projector which my group in church needed for evangelism. I felt as though i was with a member of Christ Embassy.

He attended to me so warmly even though i think i was dressed in a T-shirt, combats and boots, and of course, i told him i was from Christ Embassy.

We later drove out to his church where we saw some bretheren  in the premises who looked at me as though i was just comming from a pub with a bottle of gin in my hands.

I remember attempting to say hi to a sister who looked rather sad, down and out (as was the normal look for a 'holy' woman) as we climbed unto the front of a block of offices; oh the way she ignored me, shrinking away as though she was saying: may i never be seen in any way with with you.

Well, at the end i was told that the projector was in use and boy! , was i glad to be out of the premises.

That explained the difference between the babe and the Spiritually mature.
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by pearldrops(f): 2:48am On May 09, 2006
hhhhmmm so long a post
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by DaHitler(m): 3:50am On May 09, 2006
Given how terrible the economy, and the security situation is in Nigeria, the question you should be asking is why the youth even have any "love" for God. I blame this on defeatist mentally, but I am sure you good Christo and Muslimi would suger coat it as the working of "God".
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by pearldrops(f): 9:24am On May 09, 2006
dem dey even go church at all??
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by DaHitler(m): 9:48am On May 09, 2006
cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

I hope not.
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by pearldrops(f): 12:34pm On May 09, 2006
;d ;d ;d
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by Rach(f): 9:07pm On Jul 30, 2006
[color=#000099]Y do yths run away 4rom deeper . Many people say itz cos of fasion or woteva stuff dey say but i wont 2 tell u dat am a yth in Deeper Life nd i wear trousers, use makeup, av friends 4rom da opp sex go 2 parties nd still a x-tian nd a ''BORN-AGAIN'' 1 seriously i am. Many piple tink dat b'cos u're a x-tian or a Deeper Lifer u're an introvert or a recluseor woteva u say nd i definitely am not bullied at skul or shut dwn 'cos am a Deeper Lifer. so PEOPLE pls get da facts damn rite dat dem people dat say deir recluses b'cos deir Deeper Lifers av THEIR own problems dat dey'r tring 2 blame on da church.GO DEEPER!!!!!!!! grin grin grin wink wink[/color][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000]
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by Rach(f): 9:12pm On Jul 30, 2006
[color=#000099]Y do yths run away 4rom deeper . Many people say itz cos of fasion or woteva stuff dey say but i wont 2 tell u dat am a yth in Deeper Life nd i wear trousers, use makeup, av friends 4rom da opp sex go 2 parties nd still a x-tian nd a ''BORN-AGAIN'' 1 seriously i am. Many piple tink dat b'cos u're a x-tian or a Deeper Lifer u're an introvert or a recluseor woteva u say nd i definitely am not bullied at skul or shut dwn 'cos am a Deeper Lifer. so PEOPLE pls get da facts damn rite dat dem people dat say deir recluses b'cos deir Deeper Lifers av THEIR own problems dat dey'r tring 2 blame on da church.GO DEEPER!!!!!!!! grin grin grin wink wink[/color][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000]
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by pearldrops(f): 6:45pm On Aug 02, 2006
bored here
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by lordimpaq(m): 7:44pm On Aug 02, 2006
hmmm, agree wit u pearl drops
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by micolala(m): 7:37pm On Aug 05, 2006
Deeperlife is still the largest church in africa despite thier impossible doctrines.introduce this doctrines in Christ embassy and others and see what happens.
@ Topic, youths run and come back this I know for a fact.
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by micolala(m): 7:44pm On Aug 05, 2006
@ Pearldrops,
pls can enlarge that picture of urs Iii couldn`t em, U kno naaa?
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by pearldrops(f): 7:01pm On Aug 18, 2006
ok picture enlarged
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by udemeu(m): 10:10pm On Aug 28, 2006
well i ran away from church sometimes ago. reason- i wanted to do things my own way,4 over 10 years living that way,in sin i must say: to tell u the truth i never enjoyed it 4 once but i could not stop.
glory be to God im back ie restored and all i lost is coming bact to me.
Runing away 4rom church where the undiluted word of God is preached is also like running away 4rom God.
Don't 4get he created u, new u b4 u were born, even the life u claim u want to live is God's he just borrowed u 4 a while
irrespective of where u belong God is the ultimate, serve him now while u still have strenght in u cos when u grow old, ie if u ever live to see old age u will surely regret not living 4 HIM all ur life.
we live in dangerouse times and many thing come and go but God's word will be fulfilled " Beacouse iniquity shall abound the love of many shall wax cold" this is already happening. so please consider ur ways now b4 it gets late!
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by luwa: 1:15am On Sep 03, 2006
brethren i have heard your remarks and some are pretty funny but let me just get to the point.
one of us said abot secular music and things like that but i would only advise you to watch THE TRUTH BEHIND HIP-HOP then you wil understand what is realy in music or whats the real message in music {you would find the dvd at www.ex-ministiries.com}
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by enugu(f): 2:03pm On Sep 03, 2006
[quote author=donnie link=topic=9651.msg328640#msg328640 date=1146498874]
Some people think it is the Spiritually immanture that walk in the freedom of christ. But that is not the case.

The spiritual man knows that in christ nether circumcision or uncircumcision means anything, headties or no headties, earings or no earings; but faith which works by love.

But i know there are some who are weak in faith and the mere sight of a girl i trousers will cause them to sin. There are also those who never feel the prsence of the Spirit if their hair is uncovered. My advice to you in the name of God is REMAIN THERE O! -in deper life or Assemblies of God (or where ever) so that you do not come into condemnaton for whatsoever is not of faith is sin. Stay there and be taught God's Word until you become mature enough able to handle the Word of truth in the liberty of Christ.

I will never forget my experience with one of the leaders of a deeper life church in Calabar. By mere contact with Him, i could experience the love of Christ and the joy of the Holy ghost which he so lavishly expressed. The man coming out of his car was bubbling with life, smiling and responding to every greeting with a happy God bless you, stopping to chat and leave a word of exhortaiton from time to time with those he met on his way to his office as i followed him.

He was a lecturer and I came to meet him to borrow a projector which my group in church needed for evangelism. I felt as though i was with a member of Christ Embassy.

He attended to me so warmly even though i think i was dressed in a T-shirt, combats and boots, and of course, i told him i was from Christ Embassy.

We later drove out to his church where we saw some bretheren in the premises who looked at me as though i was just comming from a pub with a bottle of gin in my hands.

I remember attempting to say hi to a sister who looked rather sad, down and out (as was the normal look for a [i]'holy'
woman) as we climbed unto the front of a block of offices; oh the way she ignored me, shrinking away as though she was saying: may i never be seen in any way with with you.

Well, at the end i was told that the projector was in use and boy! , was i glad to be out of the premises.

That explained the difference between the babe and the Spiritually mature.

[quote][/quote][/i]

@Donnie,

I totally agree with you. There should be a balance. For one thing, God looks on the heart not the appearance; on the other hand, the Bible also speaks on 'precept upon precept', 'line upon line', here a little, 'there a little'

My first experience as a newly born-again christian was horrendous to say the least. it was all about what I wore, how I looked, even how I spoke. No-one cared to know how I felt and how I was coping as a babe in Christ and sadly Deeper Life was one of the churches that treated me that way. However, the bible says that JESUS is THE Way, Truth and Life and for me that is It!!!

If you're determined to follow Jesus, then rules and regulations should not deter you. For me, I attributed their over-emphasis on appearance as ignorance of some. It was the least of my worries. I was more concerned about how to live the life of Christ that was why I stopped attending DL as a youth. That is not to say that I started perming my hair or wearing earrings, No. but I needed to be fed with the Word and I Just Wasn't Getting it there. The next church I started attending was more of a student's fellowship and I was even the odd one out with my 'SU' dressing but the brethren there were most interested in my growth as a child of God than the way I looked and I tell you fellow 'Landers, that was the turning point in my christian life.

So as to why youths run away from DLBC, well some of us did not feel accepted even when we dressed according to their doctrine. As a youth worker now, I've learnt that all youths want is to be loved and accepted the way they are, then and only then can change be imminent.

This is not casting aspersions on DLBC because they are not the only churches that are guilty of this; it's just answering the question-why youths run away from DLBC
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by Backslider(m): 1:38pm On Sep 06, 2006
I have a very different view I am a backslider from the faith and I have known somethings that you dont have to be a deeper lifer to know. The matter of dressing and hair is one of the greatest divide of black holy christian. It is a problem for even black non christian this is the Issue of Imagery. It is sad that it will take deeper life to correct this anormaly.

I will give you a little insight of black people. Our hair is not like that of the white people and the white people will never want there hair like us. I regard that if we allow perm of hair we should allow yellow fever. The origin of perming is from america and we as black people never thought ourselves different until we were enslaved for about 400 years. Did you know that the blacks wanted to blend in that is why they went into this senseless cosmetism.

The black people WANTED TO BE LIKE THE WHITE so that they could be accepted and that is why they went into this evil mutation. The agent of this Was a woman. The Imagery of the NEGROID people was dark evil and they must conform to image of their master the white man. There is another thought that the Negroid at that time needed to look like the white men so that it gives the a sense of superiority over there follow Negroid. This imagery conflict was heightened by hollywood and if you want to know The richest Billionaire ( I think she was first the billionaire in US of America) made her money of the desire to Change the image of the negroid people.

Imagine how much is spent on hair perming so girls are promiscuos because they want their hair permed. Look at our women leaders they are not praying about this. It is not enough that we talk about it. WHY SHOULD PEOPLE GO TO HEL BECAUSE THEY WANT TO CHANGE THEIR LOOKS. We can talk and write books about this there is a need for prayer for those that are children of God. As for me and the condemned some of us have seen reason not to perm our hair.

I used to attend deeperlife and I fell away because I was not grounded and I have God speaking to me everyday and explaining to me and learnt alot and I am sad that I have tried with all my strength to Return To Salvation Sanctification and a spirit filled life. I will wait for God's power to sweep me I dont trust no man only God.

Deeper Life is a good church i know there are weak ones and this is the responsibility of the strong ones to devote time to prayer. I know there will another church with 105 % because No Holiness No heaven. Note one sad but yet truth not all the people in deeper life will go to heaven so it is DEEPER LIFE + SINLIFE= HELL
DEEPERLIFE + HOLINESS UNTO GOD = HEAVEN

I am tired of Differentiation Give me HOLINESS AND THE HOLY SPIRIT I WILL WN THE WORLD FOR JESUS MY GOD
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by donnie(m): 7:00pm On Sep 06, 2006
Yeah brother. God has already given you all of that in his word! Holliness, sanctification and the rest. All that's left for u is to TAKE IT!

Holy Ghost aint gonna sweep u off ur feet; its about time u stired up that gift of God that is within you. It about time you reached out for His presence within you and begin to shine! Cheer up brother, the word works!

Go for the Word, go for that tangible, ever-real presence of the Holy Ghost, stir Him up from within you and let him be(not just your commandment-giver) but your closest friend. Love ya.
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by enugu(f): 4:26pm On Sep 11, 2006
[table]
Backslider:

I have a very different view I am a backslider from the faith and I have known somethings that you don't have to be a deeper lifer to know. The matter of dressing and hair is one of the greatest divide of black holy christian. It is a problem for even black non christian this is the Issue of Imagery. It is sad that it will take deeper life to correct this anormaly.

I will give you a little insight of black people. Our hair is not like that of the white people and the white people will never want there hair like us. I regard that if we allow perm of hair we should allow yellow fever. The origin of perming is from america and we as black people never thought ourselves different until we were enslaved for about 400 years. Did you know that the blacks wanted to blend in that is why they went into this senseless cosmetism.

The black people WANTED TO BE LIKE THE WHITE so that they could be accepted and that is why they went into this evil mutation. The agent of this Was a woman. The Imagery of the NEGROID people was dark evil and they must conform to image of their master the white man. There is another thought that the Negroid at that time needed to look like the white men so that it gives the a sense of superiority over there follow Negroid. This imagery conflict was heightened by hollywood and if you want to know The richest Billionaire ( I think she was first the billionaire in US of America) made her money of the desire to Change the image of the negroid people.

Imagine how much is spent on hair perming so girls are promiscuos because they want their hair permed. Look at our women leaders they are not praying about this. It is not enough that we talk about it. WHY SHOULD PEOPLE GO TO HEL BECAUSE THEY WANT TO CHANGE THEIR LOOKS. We can talk and write books about this there is a need for prayer for those that are children of God. As for me and the condemned some of us have seen reason not to perm our hair.

I used to attend deeperlife and I fell away because I was not grounded and I have God speaking to me everyday and explaining to me and learnt alot and I am sad that I have tried with all my strength to Return To Salvation Sanctification and a spirit filled life. I will wait for God's power to sweep me I don't trust no man only God.

Deeper Life is a good church i know there are weak ones and this is the responsibility of the strong ones to devote time to prayer. I know there will another church with 105 % because No Holiness No heaven. Note one sad but yet truth not all the people in deeper life will go to heaven so it is DEEPER LIFE + SINLIFE= HELL
DEEPERLIFE + HOLINESS UNTO GOD = HEAVEN

I am tired of Differentiation Give me HOLINESS AND THE HOLY SPIRIT I WILL WN THE WORLD FOR JESUS MY GOD
[/table]

@Backslider,

So after all said and done, what is the answer to the question? The issue of permed hair or no permed hair is

the least of our worries as christians. You may have natural hair and still be a demon in suit!.

You fell away because according to you, 'because I was not grounded'. Is this the fault

DLBC or just

So tell us, Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church and why specifically did you?

Save the lecture of permed hair for another thread, where it will be more appropriate.

Cheers grin
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by Backslider(m): 10:41am On Sep 13, 2006
Jesus said he does not condemn any man but those that dont do his will. I did not backslide from deeper life I did back slide from God. And i am trailing my route back home To God.

Why do the youths live Deeperlife? All men run away from a great light when Darkness is in their hearts. The fact is That deeperlife addresses the truth and every ministry that is from God has it is mission. You know That if it were my own will I would do more things even wilder (holier).

You cannot over emphsize Holiness The deeper lifers have it. "But not all Isreal are Isreal" The bible says holiness without which no man shall see God.

1) Clothing

When a man or woman wear a clothes he must potray Jesus but to Sinners and Beleivers Be he has been given the power To manufacture Holy Thoughts and picture by Jesus. the clothing of this people are filled with contentment. i know what I am talking about. I have worn designer clothing either bought for me or i bought myself there is great burden. I have seen Great men in great countries that are overly simple. The fact is that we are trying to overemulate our So called Colonial master when it is just a thought that will need the desire to dress for jesus to destroy this.

Tell me will the boy or men dress like women if that is what pertains to everyone ? The Children are deceivers and The man watch on.

2) Jewelry.

The matter of jewelry is The most Bizzare. and Earth men tend to justify what is Male Jewelry And Female Jewelry. But You see that all men can where any type of jewelry, Infact The kids are now wearing jewelry all over their body Not just the ear! Can you go and preach to them to say it is not right to where rings any where in my body. I know many things and God has shown me many things. There women that put rings on their private part what do you call That? can you argue against her for her? can you Judge her ? What will you use to Judge her action (GODS WORDS OF COURSE). In America where all our fashion comes from The Negroid Spends Money on Jewelry To the tune of thousands of dollars. People are complaining That Kids in the project ( slum) Got nothing, I singer gets money and then gets alot platinum and wears it and starts boasting of the wealth he has. Putting Jewelry on your body is deceitful and the Youths That are sinful will not stay in a church that preaches Piety and holiness unto Jesus.

3) Fornication

Because of fornication almost not present the children will not like a place where Sexual exuberance will be displayed The principles of courtship and marriage are very rigid In deeper life and this does not mean all members Adhere. Some have fallen and are still in the church I can not here condemnation and remain There. I can not allow my conscience to continue to condemn me so I needed to leave. I have since desired to get back may be not to deeper but to a holiness life ever more deeper than that of my mentor in the flesh Brother Kumuyi Most DIVINE.

4) Perming of Hair.

Youths of the world like flashy things Especially with the Black youths. One of the sins of the Black race is Materialism and That is why we dont know who we are any more we have sold our brothers to slavery we have sold our country for food clothing cars our richmen cant sit in Molue (so that the Molue can be upgraded better seats Aircondition) with us the desire to aquire material things supersedes all. before the women were puting wigs on now they are stiching wigs to their heads. If there is a technology to grow white hair the black people with do all to get it done. what will you say about people adding silicon to their body They call it plastic surgery ? You have not seen nothing yet Evil is coming The true Church will be persecuted by the church!!!! Santan will enter the sanctuary and defile it. He will make mince meat of some so called Holy men and Even deeper lifers ! Only they that know the lord will do exploits for Jesus. forget You have not seen Sin yet ! And you will see holiness stand out Have you forgotten when the angel came to tell Lot ? THE PEOPLE WANTED TO SLEEP WITH THE HOLY ANGEL OF THE LORD. YOU WILL SOON SEE THAT GAY PEOPLE WILL WANT TO SLEEP WITH HOLY PASTORS OF THE LORD BUT HOLINES WILL STAND PEPPLE WILL GIVE TESTIMONY OF SIN AND PEOPLE WILL CLAP AT THIS It is Coming!!!!!!!!!!!! prosperity messages can not do anything about what is coming. none of our mothers look african any more. Yes the outside is meaningless But can you drink water from a dirty cup? out of the heart the mouth speaketh there is nothing you desire on your body that it did not come from your heart!
we are not Materialistic? Why is that we have so much and still beg?

I have said little I know Jesus will recall me in the last assault on the devil i will be purified and I will war by Jesus Only.

Backlider
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by enugu(f): 12:50pm On Sep 13, 2006
[table]
Backslider:

Jesus said he does not condemn any man but those that don't do his will. I did not backslide from deeper life I did back slide from God. And i am trailing my route back home To God.

Why do the youths live Deeperlife? All men run away from a great light when Darkness is in their hearts. The fact is That deeperlife addresses the truth and every ministry that is from God has it is mission. You know That if it were my own will I would do more things even wilder (holier).

You cannot over emphsize Holiness The deeper lifers have it. "But not all Isreal are Isreal" The bible says holiness without which no man shall see God.

1) Clothing

When a man or woman wear a clothes he must potray Jesus but to Sinners and Beleivers Be he has been given the power To manufacture Holy Thoughts and picture by Jesus. the clothing of this people are filled with contentment. i know what I am talking about. I have worn designer clothing either bought for me or i bought myself there is great burden. I have seen Great men in great countries that are overly simple. The fact is that we are trying to overemulate our So called Colonial master when it is just a thought that will need the desire to dress for jesus to destroy this.

Tell me will the boy or men dress like women if that is what pertains to everyone ? The Children are deceivers and The man watch on.

2) Jewelry.

The matter of jewelry is The most Bizzare. and Earth men tend to justify what is Male Jewelry And Female Jewelry. But You see that all men can where any type of jewelry, Infact The kids are now wearing jewelry all over their body Not just the ear! Can you go and preach to them to say it is not right to where rings any where in my body. I know many things and God has shown me many things. There women that put rings on their private part what do you call That? can you argue against her for her? can you Judge her ? What will you use to Judge her action (GODS WORDS OF COURSE). In America where all our fashion comes from The Negroid Spends Money on Jewelry To the tune of thousands of dollars. People are complaining That Kids in the project ( slum) Got nothing, I singer gets money and then gets alot platinum and wears it and starts boasting of the wealth he has. Putting Jewelry on your body is deceitful and the Youths That are sinful will not stay in a church that preaches Piety and holiness unto Jesus.

3) Fornication

Because of fornication almost not present the children will not like a place where Sexual exuberance will be displayed The principles of courtship and marriage are very rigid In deeper life and this does not mean all members Adhere. Some have fallen and are still in the church I can not here condemnation and remain There. I can not allow my conscience to continue to condemn me so I needed to leave. I have since desired to get back may be not to deeper but to a holiness life ever more deeper than that of my mentor in the flesh Brother Kumuyi Most DIVINE.

4) Perming of Hair.

Youths of the world like flashy things Especially with the Black youths. One of the sins of the Black race is Materialism and That is why we don't know who we are any more we have sold our brothers to slavery we have sold our country for food clothing cars our richmen can't sit in Molue (so that the Molue can be upgraded better seats Aircondition) with us the desire to aquire material things supersedes all. before the women were puting wigs on now they are stiching wigs to their heads. If there is a technology to grow white hair the black people with do all to get it done. what will you say about people adding silicon to their body They call it plastic surgery ? You have not seen nothing yet Evil is coming The true Church will be persecuted by the church!!!! Santan will enter the sanctuary and defile it. He will make mince meat of some so called Holy men and Even deeper lifers ! Only they that know the lord will do exploits for Jesus. forget You have not seen Sin yet ! And you will see holiness stand out Have you forgotten when the angel came to tell Lot ? THE PEOPLE WANTED TO SLEEP WITH THE HOLY ANGEL OF THE LORD. YOU WILL SOON SEE THAT GAY PEOPLE WILL WANT TO SLEEP WITH HOLY PASTORS OF THE LORD BUT HOLINES WILL STAND PEPPLE WILL GIVE TESTIMONY OF SIN AND PEOPLE WILL CLAP AT THIS It is Coming!!!!!!!!!!!! prosperity messages can not do anything about what is coming. none of our mothers look african any more. Yes the outside is meaningless But can you drink water from a dirty cup? out of the heart the mouth speaketh there is nothing you desire on your body that it did not come from your heart!
we are not Materialistic? Why is that we have so much and still beg?

I have said little I know Jesus will recall me in the last assault on the devil i will be purified and I will war by Jesus Only.

Backlider

[/table]

@backslider,

This is the problem with some people, you ask them a simple question and they begin to quote an epistle for you! What has all you 'preached' now got to do with why youths run away from DLBC? Okay so some don't want to hear the'Holiness' message but what of those that want to, but still leave? Has it not occured to you that Christianity is a well-rounded way of life? What about those who are 'Holy' but do not have love (and I mean the agape love) what happens to them. I left DBLC because they were most concerned about the outward man to the detriment of the inward man and your gospel seems to be doing the same. You appear to be more concerned  about the way people look than who they are on the inside. Let me tell you from experience, if you are one with God on the inside, then it will automatically show on the outside, you cannot give what you don't have!!!
So let's focus on why youths run away from DLBC and then and only then, might we able to find the answer(s) and then proffer solutions.

Cheers grin
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by Backslider(m): 3:35pm On Sep 14, 2006
@Enugu,

You dont seem to get it at all. Read about Jesus christ very well ( please sincerely do) You will discover that He was at logger with the pharisee and religious people Why ? He was telling that The Law came for a purpose and he came to fulfil that but they did not uderstand him at all.

In your case and some of the other people in some Charismatic movement have overempasized this and I know that people will make a doctrine out of it. Jesus was trying to tell them that You heart is very important so is the outward person. Remember we are Body soul and spirit there sins That is committed with the body and some with the soul and even with the spirit.

your body is part of you life and I will ask you, will you cut of your hand and say you are complete person that is deforming no one has the right to deform any one and no one should deform oneself. What you wear on your body if you heart doesnt desire it there is no way you like to wear it. With the heart a man desire. A man moves and talks with who he is I have known that and i cant find anywhere this is false.

look let them leave the church even if Kumuyi Stops preaching holiness and all the churches stop preaching holines God him said he will withdraw to himself already God is know respecter of man I have learnt this in many ways personally. He has "Killed" and he is still doing this he lord is a Lion there is Blood on his teeth he is holy by him ownself he does not need any one from infinity he was holy he made us in his image of holiness and we lost it he has given Jesus God in Human form to show that we can be holy only we should believe him and we say some are too holy.

You like Jesus asked the scribes which of you convince me of Sin how can you convince God of Sin. The deeper ifers what is there Sin ? THE YOUTH WILL RUN AWAY IF THE STANDARD IS HIGH EVEN THE ADULTS WILL BU I KNOW THERE ARE YOUTHS I DEEPER LIFE YOU KNOW GOD DOESNT DEAL WITH NUMBER WITH 12 HE SHOOK THE WORLD
WITH 2 HE STARTED THE WORLD

GOD IS JUST AND HE KNOWS ABOUT DEEPER LIFE THEY HAVE NOT DONE ANYTHING THAT UNSCRIPTURAL AND SOME KIDS AND MEN DONT LIKE IT SO IT IS A MATTER OF CHOICE JESUS SAID THE WAY TO HEAVEN IS DIFFICULT IF GOD IN HUMAN FLESH WILL SAY THIS THEN THERE IS SOMETHING THAT WE AS THE CHURCH IS NOT DOING RIGHT.

WE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD IT IS RATHER THE OTHER WAY ARROUND THE KIDS ARE THOUGHT MATERIALISM AND PARENTS WILL RELEASE THEIR KIDS TO THOSE CHURCHES. IF ONLY 5 PEOPLE GET TO HEAVEN AND ESCAPE HELL AND I AM AMONG AND I FOLLOW CHRIST I WILL REJOICE. IT HAS HAPPENED BEFORE IN THE SAME BIBLE WHEN GOD DESTROYED THE WORLD HOW MANY PEOPLE WERE SAVED ? AND I SODOM AND GOMMORRAH.

THE CHURCH IS FACE HOLY PEOPLE AND THEY LIVE OUT THE GAY PASTORS AND WOMEN LEADER PASTOR IS THAT THE BILBE ? I KNOW DOESNT GIVES A HOUGHT ABOUT NUMBERS IF NOT THE BUDHIST WILL GET INTO HEAVEN. THE ONLY THING DEEPER LIFERS HAVE CARRIED IS THE CROSS OF CHRIST NO MAKE UP NO BOGUS LIFE. I HAVE ATTENDED SEVERAL CHURCHES AND I KNOW WHAT GOES ON THERE.

IF I AM GIVING THE GRACE I WILL BUILD HIS CHURCH WITH HIM AS THE RULER AND I KNOW WHAT HE EXPECTS OF ME HOLINES LOVE AND SPIRIT. THE BIBLE SAY THE LETTER KILLETH BUT THE SPIRIT GIVETH LIFE SO DO WE NOT READ THE WORD WHICH IS THE LETTER? NO GOD FORBID ! THE SPIRIT BRINGETH US CLOSER TO THE FATHER WHERBY WE CRY ABBA FATHER AS THOUGH WE HAD KNOWN HIM FOR LONG WE DONT DIE IN THE SPIRIT MY SISTER WE WALK IN HIS SPIRIT.

READ YOUR BIBLE MY SISTER AND KNOW THE WORDS OF CHRIST FIRST
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by donnie(m): 5:04pm On Sep 15, 2006
I have not seen you quote exact scripture in all your write ups.

This trouser and perming thing has taken many to hell already. Many who do not know the gospel are preaching tradition instead of the Word, condemning themselves and their hearers to hell.
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by enugu(f): 1:00am On Sep 16, 2006
@Backslider,

To be honest, I find it extremely hard to follow your logic; maybe it's just the way you write. I think you should try backing up what you are saying with scriptures so it makes for an easier read.

And another thing, don't assume that I don't read the Word simply because, I don't write long, rambling statements like you do. You haven't even quoted the words of Christ! All you have succeeded in doing, is trying to use your human wisdom, coupled with a few holy-sounding ideas to put your ideas forward.

Don't get me wrong, I do not doubt your sincerity of heart; I just think that you would do better if you let the Word of God speak for itself/Himself; it/He is more efficacious, trust me.

If you ask me, you're the one who's not getting it nor are you giving it to anybody
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by dearzi(f): 3:39pm On Sep 16, 2006
@Backslider
Gosh! it's been incredibly hard to follow your reading, and it's been so easy so see your school of thought, and know where to place you.
You have gotten it all wrong! salvation is a personal thing, and we've been given EVERYTHING THAT PERTAINS TO LIFE AND GODLINESS through the KNOWLEDGE we have of Him (2 Pet 1:3). When you know who you are in Christ, you know what matters and what doesn't! you will know what expects and the works! you will know what He's interested in and otherwise. You will know that Holiness is part of the nature we've been given, it's unattainable by works. You perm your or not, you wear pants or not, wear blings or not, DOES NOT make you holy.

I'm born again, sold out to the gospel. i wake up in the morning with a passion for the gospel, i walk around knowing who God has called me, and i know the ability for right living and holiness is in me! i don't have to struggle to acheive these things, it's already who i am. I wear pants, as a matter of fact that's what i'm wearing right now! i have red, short hair, i have several piercings, and i can look in the mirror and know that my holiness isn't based on any of those things! it's based on the nature of God that is at work in me!

Know that, and you'll quit struggling. It's people that believe what you believe that make Christianity appear harder than it really is! it's a sweet life of victory! a life of ZOE, and not struggle! if you go around with thick, bushy, unkempt, natural hair, and you look scruffy, in the name of Christ, i advice you to open your bible and get teachings that teach you who you are, because Christianity is not a struggle. It's a life of faith and works, not works and faith (James 2:20).
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by Backslider(m): 9:24pm On Sep 16, 2006
First of all I made it very clear that you do not need the bible to live a natural life. What is true holines. I must admit in my last mail I made some spelling mistakes and omissions.

You all did not say that as a normal human being there is nothing wrong with living a natural clean life. You all agree that bleaching the skin is deformity? this is common knowledge that anything that you do on your body that does not project your natural self is evil. You have Female Genital Mutilation = piercing The ears. You will agree with me that there is no where in the bible that smoking wee or cigrate is a sin.

But Since you are loosing this common sense Arguement then let us go into the holy scriptures

The Deformity of Hair and Ear
1 Timothy 2:9
I also want women to dress modestly, with decency and propriety, not with braided hair or gold or pearls or expensive clothes,
1 Timothy 2:8-10 (in Context) 1 Timothy 2 (Whole Chapter)
1 Peter 3:3
Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes.
1 Peter 3:2-4 (in Context) 1 Peter 3 (Whole Chapter)

Out of 2 or more Holymen a truth is established peter and paul are saying the same thing WHY DID JESUS SAY EVEN THE VERY HAIR ON OUR HEADS ARE NUMBERED!

Some people say it is to distiguish the men from the women You dont need to disfigure someone to different the sexes
Worn for idolatrous purposes (Genesis 35:1- 4; Isaiah 3:20) There are so many other bible verses i cant just get now but if you search you will find out.

Dont get me wrong doing all this outward holines without inward holiness is null.

I think I have quoted the bible abi? please quote bible when responding. I will rest here and talk later about the other Outward Look contrversies.
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by lafile(m): 1:35pm On Sep 19, 2006
correct me if i'm wrong but there seems to be some sadness in the countenance of deeper life people. like they are afraid to actually live. "he came to give us life, abundantly" i am a christian too, but i don believe just becos a lady wears earings and perms her hair, then she is no more a christian.
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by Backslider(m): 10:28pm On Sep 19, 2006
@Lafile
Romans 12
1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

When you are gving a sacrificial lamb do you paint or alterate it ? Do you give the substandard or deformed one ?

You need to live among the ones that are holy listen to their speeches it is as if christ was living and directing them.

You know the ones that are holy and you cant anything else wrong but there outward look is not that strange you cant convict them of sin ( The Holy Born gain ones).

James 3

12Can the fig tree, my brethren, bear olive berries? either a vine, figs? so can no fountain both yield salt water and fresh.

13Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom.

Also read Hebrews 10 v 1 For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect.

THis means that The things that were done in the old testament was a shadow of what will happen in the new testament.

Go down to that Chapter 10 and read
19Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus,

20By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;

21And having an high priest over the house of God;

22Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water

In worshiping of God by the children of Isreal THE TEMPLE HAD 3 PARTS THE OUTWARD PART INNER PART AND THE HOLIEST OF HOLIES.
OUTWARD PART IS THE ASPECT OF THE PHYSICAL WORSHIP OF GOD
INNER PART IS THE INWARD PART OF THE WORHIP OF GOD
HOLIES PART IS WHERE PEOPLE DREAD IN THEDAYS OF THE WORSHIP OF THE CHILDREN OF ISREAL THIS IS WHERE GOD HIMSELF COMES DOWN AND IF A PRIEST IS NOT HOLY HE CAN DIE IN THERE.

SO THE WRITER OF THIS BOOK KNOWS WHAT HE WAS TALKING ABOUT READ THE WHOLE CHAPTER 10 . I have people say alot about the appearance of this type of Christians but please they are not knew look at The methodist or look at pictures of the holy old early church you will see their appearance
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by dearzi(f): 3:54am On Sep 21, 2006
Backslider

You strike me as a person that will force his daughter not to have pierced ears, have natural hair, and go around without make up. If you want to be natural, you'd better stop using deodorant/ perfumes, so you can emanate your God given odor!

Dude, you need knowledge. You read the bible, i hope you know all you're quoting is just letter, and mind you, the letter killeth, and it seems to be holding you down! open your heart to the Spirit of the word, so that you won't look suppressed.

I knew you were going to quote all them Timothy! if you didn't, you won't have had a point, but guess what, the bible says we shouldn't act as those abiding to the law "touch not, taste not, wear not!" Sha! what you say doesn't make a difference to me, looking good is God's business! do you know the women of the bible wore jewellry? they wore cologne. To englighten you, go back to your bible women, Rebecca, Esther and co. They were beauties in their times, and their husbands didn't hesitate to splurge on them. Wo! una matter dey tire me! all these extremes make Christianity appear hard, whereas it's a life of faith and victory.

I'm angry now. Where in the world did you hear "out of 2 or more Holy men a truth is established??"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin / The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes / From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 160
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.