Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,034 members, 7,841,931 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 05:17 PM

Another N1.5bn Fraud Rocks House Of Reps - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Another N1.5bn Fraud Rocks House Of Reps (20549 Views)

Guber Poll: Voters’ Register Fraud Rocks Bayelsa / EFCC In Another N1.7b Scandal As Petitioner Vows To Expose Frmr, Current leaders / Tompolo Denies Receiving N1.5bn Monthly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Another N1.5bn Fraud Rocks House Of Reps by greatlee(m): 7:04pm On Jun 16, 2012
Ngwakwe: Fresh N1.5bn fraud rocks House of Reps

•EFCC quizzes NASS officials

By:
ADE ALADE
Date:
Sat, 06/16/2012 - 20:31

Even as the dust raised by the alleged $3 million bribery scandal in the House of Representatives is yet to settle, another storm is already raging in the lower chamber of the National Assembly, as the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has begun investigation into an alleged strange massive cash withdrawals running into N1.5 billion from the House accounts.

Saturday Sun exclusively gathered that the fresh scandal has already led to the invitation and interrogation of about four officials of the National Assembly. It was, however, gathered that the withdrawals were made before the present Speaker of the House, Aminu Waziri Tambuwal, assumed office.

Competent sources in EFCC told Saturday Sun that the Bank Fraud unit of the EFCC, which is located in Garki area of Abuja, is investigating the fraud case, which is being treated as “criminal conspiracy, stealing and money laundering.”

The sources confirmed that about four officials so far interrogated over the matter were allegedly used severally to pull out the cash from the House bank accounts “because the cheques were written in their names to cash the huge funds from some banks in Abuja.”

According to a member of the investigating team, who pleaded for anonymity, “the funds were actually withdrawn over a period of time, especially in the last quarter of 2010 and they were withdrawn by some officials in the speaker’s office in millions. For instance, you see junior officers withdrawing millions of naira. In a particular case, a junior officer was asked to withdraw N10 million from Oceanic Bank in August and same person was also asked to withdraw another N20 million from a GT bank account in November same year.”

“In fact, we are also looking into other allegations that one of the officials who is still young in public service has about three estates in Abuja alone and recently went to take a bride in Egypt. We will try to establish his sources of funds and see whether there is a link between the huge cash withdrawals in his name and his expenditures.”

A member of the House who pleaded anonymity however said, “I believe there is more to this sudden focus on the House by agents of the executive. It is beyond a coincidence that one scandal keeps breaking after another as if the House is the only organ of government where these things happen. We believe they are deliberate and targeted.”

www.sunnewsonline.com/national/article/fresh-n15bn-fraud-rocks-house-reps

The solution to Nigeria problem is when Politicians start exposing themselves.

Since 2010 and you kept mute? Are these people playing with our intelligence or what? This EFCC are so incompetent and should be deleted outrightly.
Re: Another N1.5bn Fraud Rocks House Of Reps by uncleb(m): 7:08pm On Jun 16, 2012
I think I read about a guy who claimed to be developing an certain weapons to blow all the corrupt govt official on this forum.

I guess he is gonna be our Jerry.

Let d guy pls hurry up and make sure no innocent life is involved.

Haba, why are these leaders so cruel and wicked. No road, no light, unemployment is everywhere, all hospitals in bad shape, schools dilpidated and we even pay through our noses meanwhile less than .5% of the population just cornered all the resources.

This evil MUST stop

1 Like

Re: Another N1.5bn Fraud Rocks House Of Reps by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jun 16, 2012
queensmith: these people have money meeehn, i should return to this country. See how they throw about large amounts like its nothing. 5billion 20million hundrends and thousands of pounds and dollars! kilode meeeehn.

they don't steal small small, they steal big and live large. basterds

Sometimes I look at how difficult things are for young graduates today... Then I see primary and nursery school children and I wonder what will be left for them as inheritance when all these pple av shared all their inheritance to buy properties in dubai. Nigeria is a f.u.cking mess.

2 Likes

Re: Another N1.5bn Fraud Rocks House Of Reps by velo10: 7:15pm On Jun 16, 2012
Was OBJ right?
Re: Another N1.5bn Fraud Rocks House Of Reps by Omexonomy: 7:24pm On Jun 16, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
GEJ & OBJ want to remove the leadership of the house. . . . lets see how things unfold.

if a govenor,chairman, lecturer or councilor steal they will say gej and obj are trying 2 remove them. Nig please wake from ur slumber lets call a thief a thief.
Re: Another N1.5bn Fraud Rocks House Of Reps by UyiIredia(m): 7:24pm On Jun 16, 2012
It is my prayer that this does not prevent the implementation of the subsidy report. The House had better check itself fast befor it's prevented from doing its statutory duties by virtue of the corruption charges against it.
Re: Another N1.5bn Fraud Rocks House Of Reps by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jun 16, 2012
SPIDER90:
"It was, however, gathered that the withdrawals were made before the present Speaker of the House, Aminu Waziri Tambuwal, assumed office."
Leave GEJ & OBJ out of this. Allow EFCC to do their job and leave sentiment out of criminal issue. Na wa for naija people, if EFCC refuse to act, they have been bribed/GEJ is clueless, if EFCC act, GEJ is hunting enemies of his govt.
Please play me Ebenezer Obey song on a donkey,a man and his son

:Dbaba kan ni ketekete,owun ati omo re nlo,won o gun ketekete,bi won tu se rin si iwaju die,won lon won lon,ni wode iyana kan,ni won ba pade adamo eda omo araye,ni won ni,ori baba ode,won fese rin,ketekete nlo lo fo.
No body can satisfy this world
Re: Another N1.5bn Fraud Rocks House Of Reps by Rhino5dm: 7:27pm On Jun 16, 2012
You are naive!

SPIDER90:
"It was, however, gathered that the withdrawals were made before the present Speaker of the House, Aminu Waziri Tambuwal, assumed office."
Leave GEJ & OBJ out of this. Allow EFCC to do their job and leave sentiment out of criminal issue. Na wa for naija people, if EFCC refuse to act, they have been bribed/GEJ is clueless, if EFCC act, GEJ is hunting enemies of his govt.
Please play me Ebenezer Obey song on a donkey,a man and his son

Re: Another N1.5bn Fraud Rocks House Of Reps by Rhino5dm: 7:30pm On Jun 16, 2012
No free class for you political infants toady.

Omexonomy:
if a govenor,chairman, lecturer or councilor steal they will say gej and obj are trying 2 remove them. Nig please wake from ur slumber lets call a thief a thief.
Re: Another N1.5bn Fraud Rocks House Of Reps by sheyguy: 7:33pm On Jun 16, 2012
I will suggest a 'Revolution' against the theiving class.

1 Like

Re: Another N1.5bn Fraud Rocks House Of Reps by Rhino5dm: 7:36pm On Jun 16, 2012
Dude, never thought you of all people will failed to read the direction of the next political arithmetic. This is not conspiracy it is called political sagacity.

Funkymallam:

Leadership of the house?
Stop all these conspiracy theories about Obj andGEJ against d house.

Mayb u decided not to read d part of d report that says the fraud was b4 d current leadership takes over.
Re: Another N1.5bn Fraud Rocks House Of Reps by hackney(m): 7:41pm On Jun 16, 2012
Land of monkeys
Re: Another N1.5bn Fraud Rocks House Of Reps by lacasa: 7:42pm On Jun 16, 2012
The most corrupt administration since the re-introduction of civvilian rule.

The Presidency is corrupt

The Federal Governmeent is corrupt

The States n Local govts, corrupt

The Legislature is corrupt

The Judiciary is corrupt

The watchdog agencies τ̅o curtail all this i.e EFCC, ICPC r also corrupt.

Our own Rebellious soldier, a 'Jerry Rawlings' incarnate please if U̶̲̥̅̊ r out tђεя̩̥̊ε or if Your not yet born sef, We continue hoping n praying for U̶̲̥̅̊ τ̅o manifest.

4 Likes

Re: Another N1.5bn Fraud Rocks House Of Reps by IcecoldDon: 7:42pm On Jun 16, 2012
gbadexy: The shameless anonymous source even had the temerity to say that the fraud investigation is a targeted attempt on the house, so it is now an offense to probe any form of crime.

My broda I tire. We have been placed under a curse in this country cos this is more than just greed and corruption,these bastards are totally heartless n morally bankrupt. Like I said earlier WHAT ARE THE CIVIL RIGHTS GROUPS,NBA N JOURNALISTS DOING ABT ALL DIS?.
Must we just fold our hands n continue jabbering like squirrels on nairaland,Wen do we as youths take matters into our hands and seize our destiny like Egypt.

2 Likes

Re: Another N1.5bn Fraud Rocks House Of Reps by goldenlomo: 7:58pm On Jun 16, 2012
One scandal after another. Keep the soap opera running. One day, it will end. Until then, I will keep watching out for fresh episodes. 9ja for life. grin
Re: Another N1.5bn Fraud Rocks House Of Reps by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jun 16, 2012
mehn guys, at this point i think we are finished, dead.
I mean, if we cant even start a revolution, lets just stop talking and go home and drink our garri(if you're lucky) in the dark.
Re: Another N1.5bn Fraud Rocks House Of Reps by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jun 16, 2012
femi kuti's 'sorry sorry' is playing on the radio.
If i believed in a God, i would curse Him now. Which kain life be dis abeg?
Re: Another N1.5bn Fraud Rocks House Of Reps by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jun 16, 2012
@Beaf,...u r 100% pathetic. Am so shocked dt any educated Naija youth wud stil support GEJ after 2yrs of clueless & directionless rulership. Truth is d legislooters in d NASS is a tiny xtension of d man in centre (GEJ),dis rot is from d Head down! If d Head(GEJ) were not rotten,....who born d NASS well to indulge in corrupt practices Some of us saw dis coming (and I stil maintain: giv Jonah 30yrs 2 be president & C-in-C of Naija,....d clueless one wud stil achieve nothing developmentally!). Solution: 1. A young(at most a Capt.) & wickedly patriotic soldier shud shud over-throw dis corrupt Govt and exterminate al d GEJs,Anenihs,Sambos,OBJs,Bode Georges,Katsina Alus,Bello Adokes etc within 48hrs (Rawlings style) ......
Re: Another N1.5bn Fraud Rocks House Of Reps by IYANGBALI: 8:10pm On Jun 16, 2012
Ngwakwe: Fresh N1.5bn fraud rocks House of Reps

By:
ADE ALADE
Date:

Even as the dust raised by the alleged $3 million bribery scandal in the House of Representatives is yet to settle, another storm is already raging in the lower chamber of the National Assembly, as the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has begun investigation into an alleged strange massive cash withdrawals running into N1.5 billion from the House accounts.

Saturday Sun exclusively gathered that the fresh scandal has already led to the invitation and interrogation of about four officials of the National Assembly. It was, however, gathered that the withdrawals were made before the present Speaker of the House, Aminu Waziri Tambuwal, assumed office.

Competent sources in EFCC told Saturday Sun that the Bank Fraud unit of the EFCC, which is located in Garki area of Abuja, is investigating the fraud case, which is being treated as “criminal conspiracy, stealing and money laundering.”

The sources confirmed that about four officials so far interrogated over the matter were allegedly used severally to pull out the cash from the House bank accounts “because the cheques were written in their names to cash the huge funds from some banks in Abuja.”

According to a member of the investigating team, who pleaded for anonymity, “the funds were actually withdrawn over a period of time, especially in the last quarter of 2010 and they were withdrawn by some officials in the speaker’s office in millions. For instance, you see junior officers withdrawing millions of naira. In a particular case, a junior officer was asked to withdraw N10 million from Oceanic Bank in August and same person was also asked to withdraw another N20 million from a GT bank account in November same year.”

“In fact, we are also looking into other allegations that one of the officials who is still young in public service has about three estates in Abuja alone and recently went to take a bride in Egypt. We will try to establish his sources of funds and see whether there is a link between the huge cash withdrawals in his name and his expenditures.”

A member of the House who pleaded anonymity however said, “I believe there is more to this sudden focus on the House by agents of the executive. It is beyond a coincidence that one scandal keeps breaking after another as if the House is the only organ of government where these things happen. We believe they are deliberate and targeted.”

www.sunnewsonline.com/national/article/fresh-n15bn-fraud-rocks-house-reps

The solution to Nigeria problem is when Politicians start exposing themselves.
Leave the execuTHIEF out of it, did you or did you not do it?you guys are bunch of rogues.FOK YOU ALL.
Re: Another N1.5bn Fraud Rocks House Of Reps by IYANGBALI: 8:13pm On Jun 16, 2012
Adeniyi A.:
NAIJAFRAUD complete season....? dunno. o ni wo tan
GET YOUR COPY NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW
Re: Another N1.5bn Fraud Rocks House Of Reps by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jun 16, 2012
...and hold on to power 4 a maximum of 8months,in which he wud organise a thorough transition to civilian rule (wia d highest paid senator won't earn more dan N200k a month,....and in which d work of parliamentarians is strictly part-tym & not full-tym). 2. A bloody mass revolt nationwide in which d ordinary Nigerian in every nook & cranny of dis country wud seek al corrupt politians in dir localities,tie dem to stakes and burn dem. Its either of des 2 options or else we r doomed as a nation!
Re: Another N1.5bn Fraud Rocks House Of Reps by item1: 8:17pm On Jun 16, 2012
while china is busy sending reps to the space and building space ship for developement nija reps are busy stealing the country naked. God I beg come down nowww
Re: Another N1.5bn Fraud Rocks House Of Reps by seglan(m): 8:23pm On Jun 16, 2012
[quote author=Ngwakwe]Fresh N1.5bn fraud rocks House of Reps

By:
ADE ALADE
Date:

Even as the dust raised by the alleged $3 million bribery scandal in the House of Representatives is yet to settle, another storm is already raging in the lower chamber of the National Assembly, as the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has begun investigation into an alleged strange massive cash withdrawals running into N1.5 billion from.
If all these happened since 2010 and EFCC just get to know about it in 2012 it mean something is happening to our system.
1. What happened to the instructions at the banks that once an individual withdrew more than N1m and corporate N3m, the bank should inform the EFCC. Were the EFCC not informed?
2. EFCC was ill-equipped, because if not, EFCC don't need to wait endlessly for information from banks/financial institution b4 they know what is going on. Technology has improve to the extent that system of both CBN, EFCC, POLICE and other related government agencies fighting corruption can be merged to that of the banks in other to see/alert as it happens.
3. The banks/staff that doesn't obey the rules too must be punished, because they encourage Nigerians to corrupt.
God bless Nigeria [quote author=Ngwakwe]Fresh N1.5bn fraud rocks House of Reps

By:
ADE ALADE
Date:

Even as the dust raised by the alleged $3 million bribery scandal in the House of Representatives is yet to settle, another storm is already raging in the lower chamber of the National Assembly, as the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has begun investigation into an alleged strange massive cash withdrawals running into N1.5 billion from.
If all these happened since 2010 and EFCC just get to know about it in 2012 it mean something is happening to our system.
1. What happened to the instructions at the banks that once an individual withdrew more than N1m and corporate N3m, the bank should inform the EFCC. Were the EFCC not informed?
2. EFCC was ill-equipped, because if not, EFCC don't need to wait endlessly for information from banks/financial institution b4 they know what is going on. Technology has improve to the extent that system of both CBN, EFCC, POLICE and other related government agencies fighting corruption can be merged to that of the banks in other to see/alert as it happens.
3. The banks/staff that doesn't obey the rules too must be punished, because they encourage Nigerians to corrupt.
God bless Nigeria
Re: Another N1.5bn Fraud Rocks House Of Reps by queensmith: 8:25pm On Jun 16, 2012
12 inches!:

Sometimes I look at how difficult things are for young graduates today... Then I see primary and nursery school children and I wonder what will be left for them as inheritance when all these pple av shared all their inheritance to buy properties in dubai. Nigeria is a f.u.cking mess.

if in this day and age, billions can still be wired from gov.t to personal accounts, tommorow it will be trillions. I can just imagine the lifestyle, no wonder thier kids bounce about the gaff like no mans business.
Re: Another N1.5bn Fraud Rocks House Of Reps by Parnassuss(m): 8:32pm On Jun 16, 2012
Bitch move from the EFCC! GEJ, OBJ, IBB, and every member of the 3-lettered cabal better bring out that our N1.7trl from the O.I.L thieving!
Re: Another N1.5bn Fraud Rocks House Of Reps by HonSuQMaDIQ(m): 8:42pm On Jun 16, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
GEJ & OBJ want to remove the leadership of the house. . . . lets see how things unfold.

My senses has never beheld a developmental plague like you. I bet u r above 50yrs, cos no rights deprived youth in dis country wil sound like u.
So all u can make out from dis N1.5T scam in d house of rep. is OBJ n GEJ's plot to shake up d place?
For ur info, to weed an infested farm u must start from a portion.
Why must we make up kindergaten and jaundiced theories from every positive state move in dis part of d world?
Nwoke m, Ur life is not more important than dat 100's of syrians dying daily to hav a country of dia dream.
Ur ability to read and write should hav kept u away from dis kinda pool office and kparaga spot theories.
My biggest disappointment so far is dat d Boko Haram cowards hasnt deemed dis kinda corruption shrines fit to decimate.
8-)
Re: Another N1.5bn Fraud Rocks House Of Reps by malc619(m): 8:47pm On Jun 16, 2012
..... Y always d house of reps
..... Senate nko??
Re: Another N1.5bn Fraud Rocks House Of Reps by gbadexy(m): 8:48pm On Jun 16, 2012
greatlee:

Since 2010 and you kept mute? Are these people playing with our intelligence or what? This EFCC are so incompetent and should be deleted outrightly.
Someone probably just alerted them to the act.
EFFC are not spirit neither do they have the right to audit and scrutinize them.
Re: Another N1.5bn Fraud Rocks House Of Reps by waja(m): 8:55pm On Jun 16, 2012
ballabriggs: All these to make us forget the $20 billion they stole. Na lie O, they must produce that money!
. See person. You dey for your room dey make noise. Come out, make I Facrook You, LegisLOOT, JudiSHARE and execuTHIEVE U.
Re: Another N1.5bn Fraud Rocks House Of Reps by horlabiyi(m): 8:56pm On Jun 16, 2012
Let there be fresh air. That's the fresh air for you.
Re: Another N1.5bn Fraud Rocks House Of Reps by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jun 16, 2012
Them go still query OBJ?....lol....I dey laff oooo.
Re: Another N1.5bn Fraud Rocks House Of Reps by reindeer: 9:19pm On Jun 16, 2012
I say again
GEJ's government seems to be the most corrupt ever!
He is beginnning to make us yearn for Abacha. . . .that's how bad this man is!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ambode Meets The CEO Of Yamaha Motors In Lagos (photos) / "Saraki, Others Right To Block Tinubu's VP Bid" - Northern Elders / Second Niger Bridge To Be Completed In 2022, As FG Releases N33bn For Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.