Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,339 members, 7,819,199 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:34 PM

Italian Student Visa-help! - Travel (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Italian Student Visa-help! (481637 Views)

I Need South Africa Visa Help / Cable Visa Help / FRENCH TOURIST VISA : Help Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (232) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by newacca: 10:26am On Jul 21, 2016
It's a pity, staff at the Italian consulate in Lagos are so inconsistent. You won't get clear information about their processing, they won't give adequate information, and sometimes misleading information. You will hear different version of information from the lady who receives calls for them, different one via email and different one via online sometimes. I hope these people change for good.

If you intend going for an international programme which gives you international qualification ( i.e European Bachelor's degree Prog) in Italy; you don't need pre-enrolment. If you fall into this category, please signify here. It seems most students here are going to public universities which requires pre-enrolment.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Nobody: 10:37am On Jul 21, 2016
newacca:
It's a pity, staff at the Italian consulate in Lagos are so inconsistent. You won't get clear information about their processing, they won't give adequate information, and sometimes misleading information. You will hear different version of information from the lady who receives calls for them, different one via email and different one via online sometimes. I hope these people change for good.

If you intend going for an international programme, which gives you international qualification ( i.e European Bachelor's degree Prog) in Italy; you don't need pre-enrolment. If you fall into this category, please signify here. It seems most students here are going to public universities which requires pre-enrolment.

that lady that pick call is an idiot. security people idiot... all of them therr idiot.. u needed to see how they almost mislead me.. bros oo wch one is international program. . explain biko
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Nobody: 10:38am On Jul 21, 2016
check ur mail newacca
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by newacca: 11:17am On Jul 21, 2016
smithsydny:
that lady that pick call is an idiot. security people idiot... all of them therr idiot.. u needed to see how they almost mislead me.. bros oo wch one is international program. . explain biko

Bro, idiot is too heavy a word to use to qualify people in this context. I understand how annoying and frustrating things could be, but please hold your temper. smiley

International programme is offered by institutions regulated by Italian education system, but the qualification is issued by European education body. Though this kind of Prog.are mostly offered by private institutions.

I have responded to my mail.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jul 21, 2016
goodevening everyone. . my interview today with the legalization man.

I was asked questions about my origin, my dad and mum also. I was also asked to name my siblings and there date of birth each. my mum help with small. grin

I was asked who did my affidavit I told him my dad he said ok he wrote it down. I asked if I was the only one to be interviewed he said yes I asked y he said thats the instructions given most people are there parents or whoever's name written on the paper he showed me the paper with my name and number with house adress to be interviewed only..

I then asked how long does it take to get the DOV he said from 3mnths. I asked y do most people take so long he said most times its either a little hitch from there document an so on or most people are just lucky to get there's early.. thats were Grace plays in..

thats how it went.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by ldon: 8:21am On Jul 22, 2016
I do not understand why things have to be different when it comes to Nigeria. I obtained my DV (as my degree is from the US) from Italian Consulate in San Francisco in less than 1 week. Just hope things would start working fine for our dear nation.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by fine4dave: 9:19am On Jul 22, 2016
newacca:

If you intend going for an international programme which gives you international qualification ( i.e European Bachelor's degree Prog) in Italy; you don't need pre-enrolment. If you fall into this category, please signify here. It seems most students here are going to public universities which requires pre-enrolment.

@Newacca and the house,

Pls I need a little clarification.
I had submitted my documents for legalization long before now. I'm sure my DOV will be out by now. But, I don't get.
Do I go and collect it? I tot I shouldn't collect it for the sake of the pre-enrolment we did. Don't the Consulate need & use it?.
And I also tot that after the pre-enrolment, the Consulate will contact us for the next thing?
I'm just confused. Becos they didn't give us any info after pre-enrolment. And the lady that answers calls for the Consulate is jst not well informed.
Pls from your experience what is next after pre-enrolment?
Are we to be contacted by the Consulate?
Is there a particular time we start applying for Visa?
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Nobody: 11:11am On Jul 22, 2016
the next step is visa application sir. try and get an appointment date then the requirements for application.. best of luck
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by martinogie: 7:08am On Jul 24, 2016
Good day house! Please is there anyone whose surname falls between M and Z in the form for legalization that paid to the legal adviser in the second group and has heard from the lawyer or if the lawyer has visited his/her house. I submitted my documents over a month now and haven't even got a call from the lawyer. I don't even know if they have started the verification of my documents. Urgent response needed please.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Nobody: 11:01am On Jul 24, 2016
martinogie:
Good day house! Please is there anyone whose surname falls between M and Z in the form for legalization that paid to the legal adviser in the second group and has heard from the lawyer or if the lawyer has visited his/her house. I submitted my documents over a month now and haven't even got a call from the lawyer. I don't even know if they have started the verification of my documents. Urgent response needed please.
my is S am done with mine.. Ph city
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by martinogie: 11:27am On Jul 24, 2016
@smithsindy when did you legalize and when did the lawyer come to your house?
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jul 24, 2016
I was in lagos had to be in ph by Thursday. . was done on Thursday. legalization was the last Thursday everybody did I guess.. just chill.. by the way did u submit your originals? cus I dropped mine oo. goodluck
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by martinogie: 2:31pm On Jul 24, 2016
Yes I did drop my originals. Anyway make I de wait
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jul 24, 2016
Did u submit ur affidavit @martins
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by martinogie: 4:58pm On Jul 24, 2016
Yes I submitted everything
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by martinogie: 4:59pm On Jul 24, 2016
That lawyer must be very sluggish.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by shaggyosas(m): 6:15pm On Jul 25, 2016
Mofe22:
Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum but I was hoping you guys can help me out. I got admission to a school in Florence for April 2015. I applied for my visa in January 30th 2015. The documents I took with me were passport, form , letter of sponsorship from my dad, his bank statement, hotel booking, documents from school, birth certificate, copy of my dads visa page, copy of my former schengen visas, copy of my undergrad certificate and transcript and two passport pictures. I went to the consulate on the 30th and I was able to submit and I was told to come on pick up my passport in exactly a week which was the 4th of February. I got the visa which was for a year although I applied for nine months. Now this is my question, I am reading all this stuff here about legalisation and getting things stamped. I am worried because I did none of this. I hope this won't cause an issue later on?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Bro, the letter of sponsorship, was it hand written by the sponsor or typed?
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by shaggyosas(m): 7:40am On Jul 26, 2016
Hello House, please I wanted asking, should the letter of sponsorship be handwritten by the sponsor or typed?
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Faithdamsel(f): 8:58am On Jul 26, 2016
shaggyosas:
Hello House, please I wanted asking, should the letter of sponsorship be handwritten by the sponsor or typed?
It should be typed and signed by the sponsor
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jul 26, 2016
House pls kindly help me out on booking of appointment.I always on there website and all the students days have been close.
I will be glad if someone can help me out
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by shaggyosas(m): 8:05pm On Jul 26, 2016
Faithdamsel:
Thanks dear...really appreciate
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by shaggyosas(m): 8:05pm On Jul 26, 2016
Faithdamsel:
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by shaggyosas(m): 8:07pm On Jul 26, 2016
Faithdamsel:
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by newacca: 10:36am On Jul 27, 2016
opaniyi12:
House pls kindly help me out on booking of appointment.I always on there website and all the students days have been close.
I will be glad if someone can help me out
Bro, that process is really frustrating. Those guys at the consulate and those who manage their portal are not organized at alllll! angry
Anyway, we just have to keep trying ooo. grin
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Nobody: 11:57am On Jul 27, 2016
@newacca do u ve any link or how can we go about it because there is no time again
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jul 27, 2016
if u can contact those security guys at the embassy dey will help u.. but as for there web. forget it nah God grace go cover us.. they bloody make money from this visa appointments mostly during this student visa.. plot your way fast dont hope on there web for it . goodbless.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by ldon: 12:31pm On Jul 27, 2016
The booking days for Study Visa has been extended to include Wednesday. You can try to book now via the web portal as there are several available dates. Also, Visa application starts August 10.

1 Like

Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by newacca: 12:36pm On Jul 27, 2016
opaniyi12:
@newacca do u ve any link or how can we go about it because there is no time again
I don't have any link ooo. I can only advise you to keep trying.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by fine4dave: 1:59pm On Jul 27, 2016
ldon:
The booking days for Study Visa has been extended to include Wednesday. You can try to book now via the web portal as there are several available dates. Also, Visa application starts August 10.
I called the Consulate about the new dates and the woman said I can go ahead and book. I booked for 3rd. She didn't say 10th August is the start date.
How did u get that info bro?
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Faithdamsel(f): 4:07pm On Jul 27, 2016
fine4dave:

I called the Consulate about the new dates and the woman said I can go ahead and book. I booked for 3rd. She didn't say 10th August is the start date.
How did u get that info bro?

Please when you go for visa application on the 3rd, share your experience with us. Thanks
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jul 27, 2016
be sure of that date u applied for oo. that lady is not reliable. .. they will tell take when u get there they will say sorry its not your day.. make sure u confirm good. I heard its start 12.. make your findings.

goodluck
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Nobody: 7:21am On Jul 28, 2016
ldon:
visa application start August 10 and there is no space already. what does that tell u? no wait this people ooo

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (232) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.