Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,008 members, 7,825,147 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:56 AM

Italian Student Visa-help! - Travel (74) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Italian Student Visa-help! (482742 Views)

I Need South Africa Visa Help / Cable Visa Help / FRENCH TOURIST VISA : Help Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (233) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by ghostmist: 10:33am On Apr 16, 2017
dejiconde:
I went there for translation on Tuesday and she told mi to come bck for it on next week Tuesday and I paid 11k.
Transcript, age declaration, attestation of birth, waec result, bsc certificate. All certified
I did translation in Abuja and paid twice what you paid with "abeg"...for transcripts, BSc and WAEC.

Na wao... I for kukuma go Lagos go do am.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by dejiconde(m): 12:04pm On Apr 16, 2017
ghostmist:
I did translation in Abuja and paid twice what you paid with "abeg"...for transcripts, BSc and WAEC.

I paid cash to guidioti and she gave mi receipt
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by dejiconde(m): 12:05pm On Apr 16, 2017
ghostmist:

u paid twice for wat?
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Nobody: 2:02pm On Apr 16, 2017
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by ghostmist: 2:13pm On Apr 16, 2017
decode:

Got admitted to Sapienza too and to Pavia, Siena, Ca'Foscari and Calabria
That's great!
which do you intend to pre-enrol with?
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Nobody: 2:46pm On Apr 16, 2017
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by ghostmist: 3:01pm On Apr 16, 2017
decode:
I want to get my DOV first.
Overall, I prefer Sapienza Ca' Foscari Siena Pavia In that order.
I prefer the Ca' Foscari curriculum to that of Sapienza. Pavia; they have been the most open.
Have you started legalization?
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Nobody: 3:12pm On Apr 16, 2017
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by ghostmist: 3:25pm On Apr 16, 2017
decode:
Will start in May, hope its not late?
I don't think...
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by rubenic(m): 10:06pm On Apr 16, 2017
ghostmist:
Rubenic said he did his translation and legalization in Abuja...he posted the number of the translator's contact person.Even though it was a couple of years ago,i was hoping he could say something in that regard.

If there is no translator in Abuja, then I have to be in Lagos.
There are translators in Abuja. You can contact the embassy for recommendation.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by dejiconde(m): 10:47pm On Apr 16, 2017
Any body in Rome should please tell mi more abt Rome, like accommodations, student jobs and d rest
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by newacca: 7:53am On Apr 17, 2017
dejiconde:
Any body in Rome should please tell mi more abt Rome, like accommodations, student jobs and d rest
Accommodation is expensive in Rome compared to places like Siena, Pavia etc. It's relatively the same rate with Milan. (I think Milan is a little bit high)

Student jobs are few and competitive, but if you have some skills, speak Italian and you have connections with the local, you may get something to augment your pocket money or pay rent.

If you study schedule permits you to take up student job in your first 2 semesters, lucky you. grin
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by dejiconde(m): 11:15am On Apr 17, 2017
newacca:

Accommodation is expensive in Rome compared to places like Siena, Pavia etc. It's relatively the same rate with Milan. (I think Milan is a little bit high)

Student jobs are few and competitive, but if you have some skills, speak Italian and you have connections with the local, you may get something to augment your pocket money or pay rent.

If you study schedule permits you to take up student job in your first 2 semesters, lucky you. grin
thanks so much, my study schedule permits me to do student jobs cuz i will be having lectures just once a week which is on Thursdays 6pm to 8pm
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by dejiconde(m): 11:24am On Apr 17, 2017
newacca:

U talk about skills, wat kinda lucrative skills can some1 learn before coming over bcuz am planning of learning photography and apart from skills how much do students get paid that can foot the bill of rent.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Faithdamsel(f): 1:10pm On Apr 17, 2017
decode:

Will start in May, hope its not late?
Legalisation in May is a bit late. You have the admission already. why wait till May for legalisation?
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Faithdamsel(f): 1:13pm On Apr 17, 2017
dejiconde:
Truth be told, getting job in Rome is less. If you are coming to Rome, i will suggest you dont bank on jobs here for paying your bills because there are no jobs here. Make sure you are fully prepared and funded, if not you are on your own. unless you have a scholarship.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Faithdamsel(f): 1:16pm On Apr 17, 2017
ghostmist:
Hi...what's it like at "La Sapienza" and Rome in general, as a foreign student?

I just got admitted...
Life in Sapienza is good but not easy because the faculties are scattered all over Rome. Rome is very expensive i tell you.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by dejiconde(m): 1:53pm On Apr 17, 2017
Faithdamsel:

Truth be told, getting job in Rome is less. If you are coming to Rome, i will suggest you dont bank on jobs here for paying your bills because there are no jobs here. Make sure you are fully prepared and funded, if not you are on your own. unless you have a scholarship.
thanks so much
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by newacca: 4:58pm On Apr 17, 2017
dejiconde:
U talk about skills, wat kinda lucrative skills can some1 learn before coming over bcuz am planning of learning photography and apart from skills how much do students get paid that can foot the bill of rent.
Hmmmn IT skills, I think could be useful in this context (my view though)
I have not taken any part time job so I don't have the idea of how much employees pay. But I think you can get something around €10 to €18 p/hr (depending on the industry and work) but you cannot work beyond 20hrs per/wk. (unlimited during summer)

Don't let me raise a false hope or discourage you, the truth is that it is not easy to find student jobs in Rome, but it is not impossible. It may be different in Milan, I don't know yet. grin

As I said earlier, depending on your skills, you can still get a student job, particularly if you have some unique skills in deman; even at that, you have to compete with locals who have the advantage of speaking English. All the same, impossible is nothing.

Auguri!
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by dejiconde(m): 7:24pm On Apr 17, 2017
newacca:

Hmmmn IT skills, I think could be useful in this context (my view though)
I have not taken any part time job so I don't have the idea of how much employees pay. But I think you can get something around €10 to €18 p/hr (depending on the industry and work) but you cannot work beyond 20hrs per/wk. (unlimited during summer)

Don't let me raise a false hope or discourage you, the truth is that it is not easy to find student jobs in Rome, but it is not impossible. It may be different in Milan, I don't know yet. grin

As I said earlier, depending on your skills, you can still get a student job, particularly if you have some unique skills in deman; even at that, you have to compete with locals who have the advantage of speaking English. All the same, impossible is nothing.

Auguri!
thanks so much, I blif nothing is impossible..... am a goal getter, I get wat I want but am not desperate, quitters never try.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Nobody: 10:45pm On Apr 17, 2017
Faithdamsel:

Legalisation in May is a bit late. You have the admission already. why wait till May for legalisation?

Abeg Wich schools that they have there admissions open.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by electromagnito: 9:23am On Apr 18, 2017
Na beg I dey beg ooooi never dream of Rome if your statement of account no bear ur surname.... If not Na oyo you dey oooooo
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by newacca: 9:28am On Apr 18, 2017
dejiconde:
thanks so much, I blif nothing is impossible..... am a goal getter, I get wat I want but am not desperate, quitters never try.
Impossible is nothing! smiley
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by dejiconde(m): 12:46pm On Apr 18, 2017
electromagnito:
Na beg I dey beg ooooi never dream of Rome if your statement of account no bear ur surname.... If not Na oyo you dey oooooo
have you tried it once and got denied? Please tell us your story so we can learn.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by dejiconde(m): 12:52pm On Apr 18, 2017
Got my translated docs today...... legalization coming up on Thursday.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Lakeside2134: 5:54pm On Apr 18, 2017
Hello guys,
I have a friend who is currently learning Italian and who plans to study in Italy.Please with his knowledge of Italian would he still find it difficult to find a Student Job?
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by newacca: 1:38pm On Apr 19, 2017
Lakeside2134:
Hello guys,
I have a friend who is currently learning Italian and who plans to study in Italy.Please with his knowledge of Italian would he still find it difficult to find a Student Job?
It is a plus if he speaks Italian. smiley
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by linaluv: 8:01pm On Apr 19, 2017
please do i need to book an appointment now for legalisation

i just submitted my documents for translation today at Anifowoshe. i asked the oyibo mama there if pry school cert is necessary she replied yes but if i dont have it i can get court afidavit. guys what do you think . will the embassy accept court afidavit inplace of pry school cert?

what is the next step for me to take, i am not very sure of what next step to take.

was at the embassy today saw a few edo babes arround there, the security will not let me in for enquiries.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by linaluv: 8:04pm On Apr 19, 2017
i have a friend who wants to study THEOLOGY related course in Italy but after thourough search he got none. are there no such religious studies there (BA) Undergraduate course
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by dejiconde(m): 6:47am On Apr 20, 2017
linaluv:
please do i need to book an appointment now for legalisation

i just submitted my documents for translation today at Anifowoshe. i asked the oyibo mama there if pry school cert is necessary she replied yes but if i dont have it i can get court afidavit. guys what do you think . will the embassy accept court afidavit inplace of pry school cert?

what is the next step for me to take, i am not very sure of what next step to take.

was at the embassy today saw a few edo babes arround there, the security will not let me in for enquiries.
are u going for underg or masters

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (233) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.