Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,732 members, 7,809,804 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:15 PM

Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? (14203 Views)

Help My Girlfriend Is Asking Another Guy Out / Ladies, Do You Sometimes Wish It's "Acceptable" To Ask A Guy Out? / Questions To Ask Your Girlfriend Whenever You Are Bored In A Chat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by Ayorh4you(m): 8:13pm On Jun 20, 2012
I often ask myself this question, 'must it be guys that should ask girls out'? I've seen girls die with there feelin for guys all because they felt it is abnormal for them to ask a guy out. They think walking up to a guy n making there feelings know is so wrong and abnormal. My fellow Nlders, where is it quoted that it must be a guy but not a gal to make first move? I'm just confused[color=#770077][/color][b][/b]

7 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by Egbagirl(f): 9:31pm On Jun 20, 2012
A couple of my guy friends asked me this Q the other day and I have to say that it's quite tricky though. For them though, it wasnt a big deal and didnt see any reason why girls like to wait for the guys to make the first move and ask the girl out. I mean I just think it's tricky though. I wouldn't want to feel like I threw myself at the guy but then again, it really depends on the guy though. It depends on how the girl does it and depends on the guy in question and the kind of mentality that he has.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by georgesylva(m): 6:50am On Jun 21, 2012
The gurl im dating presently was wise enough to tell me through her actions that she likes me and not just walking up to me and being blunt. It even took me a while for it to dawn on me what she feels. If she had said it straight up, trust me i would have nothing to do with her.
Thats me o! Dont know about any other guy.
So i'd say express it through the way you talk to him, stare at him, smile when you see him and if you guys are cool buy him gift when occasion arises.

7 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by inspirenet: 8:05am On Jun 21, 2012
Egba girl: A couple of my guy friends asked me this Q the other day and I have to say that it's quite tricky though. For them though, it wasnt a big deal and didnt see any reason why girls like to wait for the guys to make the first move and ask the girl out. I mean I just think it's tricky though. I wouldn't want to feel like I threw myself at the guy but then again, it really depends on the guy though. It depends on how the girl does it and depends on the guy in question and the kind of mentality that he has.

Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by Nobody: 8:12am On Jun 21, 2012
Interesting
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by Nobody: 8:16am On Jun 21, 2012
Let me teach you how to ask a guy out indirectly.

First you should have a high self esteem, confidence and irresistable kiss kiss

Approach him and engage him in an interesting conversation...it can be anything..football, his shoes, his hair, color, race etc. Even if you dont know much about the topic, make him do the explanation part and you do the asking while maintaining a good posture and good level of self confident.

If he is interested in you, he will ask for your number and voila..you go from there.

You can also ask for it, there is no harm in that.

If he is not, just let him be and target another person that will respond to you.

This is a two way thing, be you woman or man, it works...trust me wink wink wink

So my dear, depend on the style used, it not wrong to ask a guy out!

6 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by Mynd44: 8:16am On Jun 21, 2012
There is noting bad in being blunt and telling a guy you like him and you would want to be friends with him.
Seriously, if you like a guy tell him else you will just be there looking out as he might not even notice you

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by LordReed(m): 8:23am On Jun 21, 2012
Ayorh4you: I often ask myself this question, 'must it be guys that should ask girls out'? I've seen girls die with there feelin for guys all because they felt it is abnormal for them to ask a guy out. They think walking up to a guy n making there feelings know is so wrong and abnormal. My fellow Nlders, where is it quoted that it must be a guy but not a gal to make first move? I'm just confused[color=#770077][/color][b][/b]

While it is not abnormal, women are better off being circumspect about how they act towards the opposite sex. A too friendly lady is usually seen as being 'loose' even if that is not the case and she ends up being treated as a common commodity because of that skewed perception. Ladies should treat themselves with self respect and the guys will follow suit.

If a lady has a inclination to a guy she should use her natural female coyness to attract his attention, mystery heightens the sense of chase for guys. Let the guy do the chasing but the girl should provide the impetus. Besides if a guy can't chase a lady I don't think he is worth her time.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by cindyrella(f): 8:58am On Jun 21, 2012
Mynd_44: There is noting bad in being blunt and telling a guy you like him and you would want to be friends with him.
Seriously, if you like a guy tell him else you will just be there looking out as he might not even notice you

Well I kinda agree with you, there really is nothing wrong in being blunt and telling a guy u like him and wants to be friends with him...
but I can't do it..
I am just too shy to walk up to a guy and say I wanna be friends with him... Where will I even start from?? embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by Mynd44: 9:03am On Jun 21, 2012
^^
Now you know how guys feel when they ask you out and you embarrass them

14 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by Dyt(f): 9:08am On Jun 21, 2012
i asked him ^ out
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by cindyrella(f): 9:11am On Jun 21, 2012
^^ cheesy really?
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by LordReed(m): 9:16am On Jun 21, 2012
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by Mynd44: 9:24am On Jun 21, 2012
cindyrella: ^^ cheesy really?
yeah she did. See if you want something, go for it and stop the crap about being shy

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by Dyt(f): 9:26am On Jun 21, 2012
cindyrella: ^^ cheesy really?

or u v an eye on ^^^
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by Mynd44: 9:33am On Jun 21, 2012
Dyt:

or u v an eye on ^^^
Is that question for me? Cos you already know my answer
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by Nobody: 9:39am On Jun 21, 2012
Mynd_44:

Is that question for me? Cos you already know my answer

that conscience is eating you up
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by Nobody: 9:40am On Jun 21, 2012
Vikin: Let me teach you how to ask a guy out indirectly.

First you should have a high self esteem, confidence and irresistable kiss kiss

Approach him and engage him in an interesting conversation...it can be anything..football, his shoes, his hair, color, race etc. Even if you dont know much about the topic, make him do the explanation part and you do the asking while maintaining a good posture and good level of self confident.

If he is interested in you, he will ask for your number and voila..you go from there.

You can also ask for it, there is no harm in that.

If he is not, just let him be and target another person that will respond to you.

This is a two way thing, be you woman or man, it works...trust me wink wink wink

So my dear, depend on the style used, it not wrong to ask a guy out!

Interesting. I wish all ladies were like you.
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by Mynd44: 9:42am On Jun 21, 2012
joeydozzy:

that conscience is eating you up
Mind your business jorh
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by Nathan00(m): 9:56am On Jun 21, 2012
Its nt a big deal 4 a girl to ask a guy out,its a normal thing
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by Nobody: 9:57am On Jun 21, 2012
Mynd_44:
Mind your business jorh

hmmph

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by cindyrella(f): 10:37am On Jun 21, 2012
Mynd_44:
yeah she did. See if you want something, go for it and stop the crap about being shy

Ok I will try! embarassed
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by cindyrella(f): 10:38am On Jun 21, 2012
Dyt:

or u v an eye on ^^^

Not really!
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by Mynd44: 10:46am On Jun 21, 2012
*coughs*
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by Dyt(f): 10:55am On Jun 21, 2012
sm1 is lookin 4 trouble
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by Mynd44: 11:01am On Jun 21, 2012
Who is looking for trouble?
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by cindyrella(f): 11:19am On Jun 21, 2012
Dyt: sm1 is lookin 4 trouble

Who?
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by queensmith: 11:23am On Jun 21, 2012
No I don't think its wrong. At all. How else is the dude supposed to know you are interested in him?
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by Nobody: 11:25am On Jun 21, 2012
Its very wrong, wrong if she's ugly and somewhat right if she's cool, but on my end I'll be thinking she wants to poison me with HIV if she's drop dead pretty!

3 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by waja(m): 11:28am On Jun 21, 2012
No.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Let's Create New Relationships: Romanceland Matchmaking Thread / MISS NL Nominees So Far (critical Analysis Of Each Nominee) / I Will Treat Any Girl That Date Me Because Of Money Like Dog.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.