Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,806 members, 7,810,099 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:42 PM

Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? (14204 Views)

Help My Girlfriend Is Asking Another Guy Out / Ladies, Do You Sometimes Wish It's "Acceptable" To Ask A Guy Out? / Questions To Ask Your Girlfriend Whenever You Are Bored In A Chat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by ebamma(m): 11:31am On Jun 21, 2012
if u ask a naija guy out,he will be using u to leverage his pride,and will tell other girls who turn him down,that there is a girl who is even asking him out.
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by alienware(m): 11:33am On Jun 21, 2012
I No longer use Google........... I have memorised all the webpages
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by cindyrella(f): 11:35am On Jun 21, 2012
kayusfit:

YOU ARE A LOW LIFE FOR STARTING SUCH A DUMB AND BASELESS THREAD. FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Ouch!
that was harsh!
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by Ruq: 11:37am On Jun 21, 2012
There is no big deal in it. just as someone said many girls have lost great opportunities in becoming friends with guys they really like just because of the mentality they possess, some girls believe in this mentality to the extent that they will even refuse to say 'hi' first just because they believe the guy is suppose to.

And the guy in person must be nature enough to appreciate the lady's courage, he shouldn't start braggin about she askin him out, else she'll feel really down and wouldn't wanna give it a try ever again.
i really appreciate gals who don't mind making the first move, cuz for me it eases a lot of tension and makes me more free with her.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by janyj: 11:43am On Jun 21, 2012
[b]ebamma [/b]if u ask a naija guy out,he will be using u to leverage his pride,and will tell other girls who turn him down,that there is a girl who is even asking him out.

On point.

It is classless for a girl to ask a guy out, it only shows how cheap she is. If a guy truly loves a girl, he will do anything within his power to be with her. What happened to the pride of a woman?
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by lifestyle1(m): 11:43am On Jun 21, 2012
My Ex told me through her kid brother that she "love" me and we dated for more than 6 years. undecided
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by Nobody: 11:44am On Jun 21, 2012
I have been asked out by girls in the past. There's nothing wrong with it...the main thing to be considered is the perception of the guy. As for me, am totally cool with it.
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by omenziate(m): 11:46am On Jun 21, 2012
kayusfit: AND THIS BULL Poo MADE THE FRONTPAGE when most of my post are deleted. Smh for all the eediots on nairaland including the OP sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad

Ogbeni go die jare, u no see plethora of boko haram news , wat solutions have u proffered.? If u wan serious, go psychiatry home. Ass-wipe

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by Shephummy: 11:47am On Jun 21, 2012
Hmmmm.... Civilizatn don spoil d whole thing. Its very wrong 4a lady 2ask a guy out o. A man shud ask a girl out, dat is d ideal way. Al ladies ar given natural attractn by God, no mata hw ugly she may luk, Her man must cum 4her. Woman ar creatd 4rm man. So a man wil alwaz luk 4her missing rib. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by tpapi: 11:49am On Jun 21, 2012
There is notin wrong but it shd b done indirectly tru body language,emotions,gifts or txt msg

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by Nobody: 11:52am On Jun 21, 2012
janyj:

On point.

It is classless for a girl to ask a guy out, it only shows how cheap she is. If a guy truly loves a girl, he will do anything within his power to be with her. What happened to the pride of a woman?

That's total bullsh*t! Pride of a woman my foot!!! *Nigerians and their stone age mentality* mtchewwww...if you want something, go get em!

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by BecaciaBarbie(f): 11:53am On Jun 21, 2012
God created Man first, so therefore a Man must alwys make d move first! Nd again wt if d guy isnt interestd? Dt wud b shameful!!!
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by Koolking(m): 11:54am On Jun 21, 2012
There is nothing wrong in a girl asking a guy out. Why bottle up your feelings becos of stereotype judgement. C'mon, we are in the 21 century. Last I checked, women were still believed to do even better what a man can do well. It does not matter to me who makes the first move. Some people actually believe that a man will under-appreciate the worth of a lady if the lady call the shot. Who says? I don't subscribe to conventional thoughts and the usual group mentality. A man who loves you will love you irrespective of who makes the first move in the relationship. Once you lost him, you lost him for life. So go on girls. . .

3 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by Koolking(m): 11:54am On Jun 21, 2012
. . .
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by Nobody: 11:55am On Jun 21, 2012
for d first time, a girl asked me out, though it was on fone, and funny enof, after dat day, d babe number no go again (dont know if na d same shyness make her throway her phone)
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by stepo707: 11:56am On Jun 21, 2012
I doubt if any nigerian girl can but i dont see the big deal in a girl asking a guy out if she like a guy.
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by amosy007: 11:57am On Jun 21, 2012
no big deal ...but be careful of immature guys
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by Nobody: 11:57am On Jun 21, 2012
Koolking: There is nothing wrong in a girl asking a guy out. Why bottle up your feelings becos of stereotype judgement. C'mon, we are in the 21 century. Last I checked, women were still believed to do even better what a man can do well. It does not matter to me who makes the first move. Some people actually believe that a man will under-appreciate the worth of a lady if the lady call the shot. Who says? I don't subscribe to conventional thoughts and the usual group mentality. A man who loves you will love you irrespective of who makes the first move in the relationship. Once you lost him, you lost him for life. So go on girls. . .
On point!
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by glimpse(f): 12:02pm On Jun 21, 2012
my dear,it dependz o...cos i askd a guy i loved bt al he cld say was i was puttin pressure on him,i had 2 let him b n i waitd 4 smoda guy 2 ask me out.
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by dohyn(m): 12:03pm On Jun 21, 2012
I personally don't see a big deal about it.the first girlfriend I had was in secondary school,I was 2 classes ahead and thot of her as a school daughter..until the day she told me she loved me that is!!omo,see as I shock.sadly,I was about leaving school then,so it was easy for us to date(late 90's,no gsm).it lasted 2yrs and we broke up.she's married with a kid now and to date,she's still the standard I hold others to.
My point is,if u like someone,let him know.if he thinks of u as a slut/cheap,my dear,it's his loss..believe me,life's too short to have "what if's".I know that for a fact.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by shadrach77: 12:03pm On Jun 21, 2012
I'm surprised this is making the front page as it has been dealt with several times and I remember writing a piece on it in one of my previous posts. This is the 21st century. It's only bush ladies who still possess this silly attitude that they have to wait for men to approach them. Like I wrote in an article sometimes ago, when a lady lacks self-confidence, she tries to hide under the toga of the famous saying "He will think I am cheap" . If you are not cheap, nobody can make you feel that way and if you know who you are, it won't matter what others think. If you like a man, you don't even have to tell him by words of your mouth. You can tell him through actions and if he is wise, he will get the message wink wink wink grin
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by janyj: 12:04pm On Jun 21, 2012
platinumricky That's total bullsh*t! Pride of a woman my foot!!! *Nigerians and their stone age mentality* mtchewwww...if you want something, go get em!

Nigeria would be a better place to live in without cowards like you cry cry cry . You know better, when a guy asks a guy out, its not the same as when the guy asks a girl out, some how there will be problems in the relationship if the guy doesnt really like her
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by dohyn(m): 12:05pm On Jun 21, 2012
*wasn't easy*
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by Koolking(m): 12:11pm On Jun 21, 2012
ebamma: if u ask a naija guy out,he will be using u to leverage his pride,and will tell other girls who turn him down,that there is a girl who is even asking him out.

stereotypically baseless

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by Lustig(m): 12:13pm On Jun 21, 2012
It depends on the lady... My current babe wooed me and it being more than a year now, the relationship is waxing stronger everyday. I av never disrespected her and she respects me too

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by Smallville4live(m): 12:14pm On Jun 21, 2012
cindyrella:

Well I kinda agree with you, there really is nothing wrong in being blunt and telling a guy u like him and wants to be friends with him...
but I can't do it..
I am just too shy to walk up to a guy and say I wanna be friends with him... Where will I even start from?? embarassed

You can start from the beginning, by saying, guy I like you, can we be friends. Some lady has done that to me and I was surprised. She say me at a traditional wedding when I was taking some pics of the celebrats. She asked someone to call me.
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by Smallville4live(m): 12:16pm On Jun 21, 2012
glimpse: my dear,it dependz o...cos i askd a guy i loved bt al he cld say was i was puttin pressure on him,i had 2 let him b n i waitd 4 smoda guy 2 ask me out.

that means he wasn't meant for you. When one says no the guys don't some asking out. So you should compose yourself and try again. When you fall, don't stay down, get up.
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jun 21, 2012
janyj:

Nigeria would be a better place to live in without cowards like you cry cry cry . You know better, when a guy asks a guy out, its not the same as when the guy asks a girl out, some how there will be problems in the relationship if the guy doesnt really like her
Primitive sub-moronic entity..U̶̲̥̅̊ wud probably get married on ur 48th birthday! 1ce i want something, i go for it...its as simple as dat. Everything in life is a risk, U̶̲̥̅̊ win some, U̶̲̥̅̊ lose some.
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by obxddon(m): 12:20pm On Jun 21, 2012
This site is filled with some ppl wey dey smoke weed before them type......Wen der is a topic dey either tribalize it or insult posters....If you no like something U no need insult any one na...For me it all depend on the lady and also the type of guy.If the lady is bold enough and knows what she wants..why not??
As for the guy there is a tendency for him not to take the relationship seriouse...so it depends on the guy and the babe

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by Smallville4live(m): 12:21pm On Jun 21, 2012
Becacia_Barbie: God created Man first, so therefore a Man must alwys make d move first! Nd again wt if d guy isnt interestd? Dt wud b shameful!!!

but there is this saying, Ladies first.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Let's Create New Relationships: Romanceland Matchmaking Thread / MISS NL Nominees So Far (critical Analysis Of Each Nominee) / I Will Treat Any Girl That Date Me Because Of Money Like Dog.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.