Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,454 members, 7,819,666 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:15 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1150) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4407826 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1147) (1148) (1149) (1150) (1151) (1152) (1153) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 7:31pm On Sep 16, 2017
Mzleemah:
How do i make help my ds, i think he is constipated he has been struggling to poo and the poo is coming very hard. He is on formula and i make sure i give water either before or after each feed and i give warm water early in the morning.
Cc
Za.ynie
Alphaha....ndmaiden
O.negai
Enque
Jazz..yjazz
All sabi mamas

How old is he?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 7:36pm On Sep 16, 2017
Akorkor:
What's going on in the house!!! Mama, please wish me Happy Birthday. Today is my day

Happy Birthday Dear..
God bless u beyond ur expectations

I still remember ur last year cake wink
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 7:39pm On Sep 16, 2017
realdentist:
jazzyjazz how do I buy baby clothes from MFA?
Cc other sabi mamas

From the app, you will see options by category. You can choose kids fashion. Or just go through the list of shops there and select the ones for kids like Carter's. When you see the item you like, you add it to your cart, you will see an option to checkout and pay, select it and then pay.
If the item is not available, you will receive an error message when you select the checkout option

If you need more explanation with screenshots, you can send me a pm
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Akorkor(f): 8:02pm On Sep 16, 2017
Thanks to all mamas. @enque,jazzjazz,JGracious,realdentist,eminya,hunnizusie, naomi14, fyngal.... and all. We shall continue to celebrate each other. Here is a bit of my cake to munch for you

9 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 9:02pm On Sep 16, 2017
Thanks to everyone for contributing and truly I've taken no offence at any of the opinions!

My error like had been generally said is that I assumed my hubby would be light hearted about the whole thing! I even made it obvious if you get me but it's one of those things! I've just dusted myself and moved on.....

I haven't completely repented wink but I will do in the near future!!!

Cheers :*

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 9:36pm On Sep 16, 2017
babythug:
Thanks to everyone for contributing and truly I've taken no offence at any of the opinions!

My error like had been generally said is that I assumed my hubby would be light hearted about the whole thing! I even made it obvious if you get me but it's one of those things! I've just dusted myself and moved on.....

I love you joor. kiss
Me.... I'm an expert, my husband knows sef.....
We dey tackle ourself. If I need 8k, I'll call 15k and then he'll slash to 10k. I'll be like Oya bring it lemme manage it like that, he will look at me suspiciously and say 9k, I'll be like no o, I want to add my 5k ni o.... He will give me 10k, I'll remove my 2k.
Funny thing is at the end of the day plus the 2k plus my own money ends up being spent on the house or the kids.
Your husband will soon "gbafolorun" sooner or later.

8 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 9:39pm On Sep 16, 2017
Mzleemah:
How do i make help my ds, i think he is constipated he has been struggling to poo and the poo is coming very hard. He is on formula and i make sure i give water either before or after each feed and i give warm water early in the morning.
Cc
Zaynie
Alphahandmaiden
Onegai
Enque
Jazzyjazz
All sabi mamas

Someone recommended prune juice to a mama sometimes ago.
Try to search prune juice on the search bar up there, restrict yourself health section, figure the mama out, mention her and ask if it worked for her baby and what brand and where did she get it.
Good luck.

This is why feedback is good.
If we give you advice, please come back and say it worked or didn't work so we can mentally stick the solution upstairs.

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by realdentist(f): 9:45pm On Sep 16, 2017
jazzyjazz:

From the app, you will see options by category. You can choose kids fashion. Or just go through the list of shops there and select the ones for kids like Carter's. When you see the item you like, you add it to your cart, you will see an option to checkout and pay, select it and then pay.
If the item is not available, you will receive an error message when you select the checkout option

If you need more explanation with screenshots, you can send me a pm
thanks dear
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Moaba(f): 9:45pm On Sep 16, 2017
Hi JGracious,

I sincerely appreciate your suggestion. My problem is that I've been home for 4months now and that's the longest I've ever been without something. I'm either schooling or working so its been really hard for me. The other day, I had to make chinchin out of boredom. I'm out searching because I feel if I was working, my maternity leave will be for 3months.

I've tried LinkedIn but it seems all the jobs are in Lagos.Thanks for your response. I think I reached out because I was down.
I'll keep nursing my baby.
JGracious:

Hi Moaba,

I would suggest you take time to nurse your baby till at least 6 months before starting a new job. While you are at it, think of any other thing you can do in case the job does not come at the time you want it.

You can entertain yourself with you tube videos on whatever you have always desired to learn but had no time for.

Again, have you tried LinkedIn for job opportunities. Market yourself well with your profile. I'm sure you'll be smiling soon.

Enjoy...

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 10:03pm On Sep 16, 2017
This is so me grin grin
zaynie:

I love you joor. kiss
Me.... I'm an expert, my husband knows sef.....
We dey tackle ourself. If I need 8k, I'll call 15k and then he'll slash to 10k. I'll be like Oya bring it lemme manage it like that, he will look at me suspiciously and say 9k, I'll be like no o, I want to add my 5k ni o.... He will give me 10k, I'll remove my 2k.
Funny thing is at the end of the day plus the 2k plus my own money ends up being spent on the house or the kids.
Your husband will soon "gbafolorun" sooner or later.

6 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 11:34pm On Sep 16, 2017
Please give yourself the permission to enjoy this 'bored' moment very well joor.

Think of the firms that may need your services in Ibadan and strategise on how to get a placement there. Find out the job roles existing there and fine tune your cv to meet their requirements.

May God answer your request. Amen.

Moaba:
Hi JGracious,

I sincerely appreciate your suggestion. My problem is that I've been home for 4months now and that's the longest I've ever been without something. I'm either schooling or working so its been really hard for me. The other day, I had to make chinchin out of boredom. I'm out searching because I feel if I was working, my maternity leave will be for 3months.

I've tried LinkedIn but it seems all the jobs are in Lagos.Thanks for your response. I think I reached out because I was down.
I'll keep nursing my baby.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by myrygurl: 11:37pm On Sep 16, 2017
Akorkor:
What's going on in the house!!! Mama, please wish me Happy Birthday. Today is my day

Hope am not late o....Go shorty its your birthday..HBD wllnp
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babylove01: 12:00am On Sep 17, 2017
@perfectcrown
@giddyperson

Ingredients
1. Chicken
2. Coconut milk
3. Corn starch
4. Carrot (diced)
5. Green and red pepper (diced)
6. Sweet corn
7. Salt and maggi to taste.
8. Onions sliced
9. Garlic sliced optional
Recipe

Wash the chicken, add spices and leave to marinate for like 30minutes

Fry the chicken with little oil just to brown it.

Fry the onions and garlic just till its golden. Add the chicken to it and add little water and spices to cook the chicken.

Add the coconut milk and more water depending on the quantity of soup

I add dry pepper cos I like my food spicy but its optional

Dissolve the corn starch in little water and add gradually while staring to get the desired thickness.

Add the diced vegetables and serve with rice.

Sorry its coming late was on the road.

Plenty typos pls pardon

11 Likes 16 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Akorkor(f): 12:04am On Sep 17, 2017
myrygurl:

Hope am not late o....Go shorty its your birthday..HBD wllnp
You are not. Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babylove01: 12:06am On Sep 17, 2017
Akorkor:

You are not. Thanks

Happy Birthday. Many more years

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mzleemah(f): 5:49am On Sep 17, 2017
JGracious:

how old is your ds?
enque:

How old is he?
3 weeks old
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mzleemah(f): 5:57am On Sep 17, 2017
zaynie:

Someone recommended prune juice to a mama sometimes ago.
Try to search prune juice on the search bar up there, restrict yourself health section, figure the mama out, mention her and ask if it worked for her baby and what brand and where did she get it.
Good luck.

This is why feedback is good.
If we give you advice, please come back and say it worked or didn't work so we can mentally stick the solution upstairs.
i don't know if it can be given to a 3weeks old baby
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by helovesme(f): 8:28am On Sep 17, 2017
Mzleemah:

3 weeks old

What formula do you feed her with ?

Reduce the scoops by 1.

For example, if you use 5 scoops for 120ml, reduce it to 4.

Also make sure the water you give her during the day is warm.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by helovesme(f): 8:54am On Sep 17, 2017
babythug:

Babythug, Na wa for you grin grin grin

Next time you are caught, he will drag you to your village head to explain yourself. grin

This issue was discussed during my premarital counselling sessions. According to my Reverend, it's wrong and it's basically stealing from one's spouse. Trust relating to financial issues in a marriage is important.

That said, do you know how many times he must really have overstretched himself just to meet your demands and you expect him to be "lighthearted" after finding out that you inflated the sums just to get extra cash from him? grin

Maybe involving a third party was a step too far but then we all react to issues differently.

If you need extra, just ask/explain/beg. wink

Oya, go and sin no more. kiss

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by segunojo866: 9:00am On Sep 17, 2017
helovesme:

Babythug, Na wa for you grin grin grin

Next time you are caught, he will drag you to your village head to explain yourself. grin

This issue was discussed during my premarital counselling sessions. According to my Reverend, it's wrong and it's basically stealing from one's spouse. Trust relating to financial issues in a marriage is important.

That said, you know how many times he must really have overstretched himself just to meet your demands and you expect him to be "lighthearted" after finding out that you inflated the sums just to get extra cash from him? grin

Maybe involving a third party was a step too far but then we all react to issues differently.

If you need extra, just ask/explain/beg. wink

Oya, go and sin no more. kiss
Am very amazed that women go through this length to take good care of their babies. May God bless and reward you all here and your children shall be notable in the world. wink

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 9:01am On Sep 17, 2017
Mzleemah:
i don't know if it can be given to a 3weeks old baby

The baby is 3 weeks, perhaps you make the formula too thick.
Take the baby to the hospital please. And ask the doctor if you can give the baby fruit juice since she's not ebfed.
To avoid this in future, reduce the number of the stated scoops by one, use the stated amount of water and increase her daily recommended feeding by one.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 9:47am On Sep 17, 2017
This is for everyone thinking "Now what" and lookinf for work. Tatacherie has surpassed my hopes and encouraged me to keep posting. You have something to do!

https://www.nairaland.com/1899177/why-youre-not-getting-job/1#60541795

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mzleemah(f): 10:07am On Sep 17, 2017
helovesme:

What formula do you feed her with ?

Reduce the scoops by 1.

For example, if you use 5 scoops for 120ml, reduce it to 4.

Also make sure the water you give her during the day is warm.
thanks ma'am, he is on Nan.
Thank you mummy Zaynie, e ku Gbogbo igba

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Fyngal1(f): 10:17am On Sep 17, 2017
Mzleemah:

3 weeks old

i would have said pear puree (works like magic) but since your LO is just 3 weeks, methinks you should just follow what other sabi mamas have

advised.i.e reduce the scoops of formula.

alternatively, you can increase your own intake of vegetables and fruits ESPECIALLY pear so that your baby can suck from you

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mzleemah(f): 10:22am On Sep 17, 2017
Fyngal1:

i would have said pear puree (works like magic) but since your LO is just 3 weeks, methinks you should just follow what other sabi mamas have

advised.i.e reduce the scoops of formula.

alternatively, you can increase your own intake of vegetables and fruits ESPECIALLY pear so that your baby can suck from you
thank you, pear is one of my favorite fruit
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 10:46am On Sep 17, 2017
The corn startch na. Dried powder corn? Can i use yellow corn? Thanks
babylove01:
@perfectcrown
@giddyperson

Ingredients
1. Chicken
2. Coconut milk
3. Corn starch
4. Carrot (diced)
5. Green and red pepper (diced)
6. Sweet corn
7. Salt and maggi to taste.
8. Onions sliced
9. Garlic sliced optional
Recipe

Wash the chicken, add spices and leave to marinate for like 30minutes

Fry the chicken with little oil just to brown it.

Fry the onions and garlic just till its golden. Add the chicken to it and add little water and spices to cook the chicken.

Add the coconut milk and more water depending on the quantity of soup

I add dry pepper cos I like my food spicy but its optional

Dissolve the corn starch in little water and add gradually while staring to get the desired thickness.

Add the diced vegetables and serve with rice.

Sorry its coming late was on the road.

Plenty typos pls pardon

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by farydah: 11:06am On Sep 17, 2017
Onegai:
This is for everyone thinking "Now what" and lookinf for work. Tatacherie has surpassed my hopes and encouraged me to keep posting. You have something to do!

https://www.nairaland.com/1899177/why-youre-not-getting-job/1#60541795
you are one helluva woman! Chai! wehdone ma

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babylove01: 11:21am On Sep 17, 2017
queensnow:
The corn startch na. Dried powder corn? Can i use yellow corn? Thanks

I bought the corn starch from those selling baking things.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 11:46am On Sep 17, 2017
Okay ,I can hot dog grin
babylove01:
Come and join me smiley
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 11:49am On Sep 17, 2017
Please o I have a problem

My son has been eating very well since last month. Suddenly since Friday he's been loosing appetite. He barely had any food on Friday. On Saturday he refused to eat any cereal or formula. He was on breast milk only and today it's the same thing. And even the breast sef he's not sucking much at a time.

He's not running temperature, he's playing as usual, but he's not eating.
He took 90mls of formula this morning and small breast milk
He's 8 months old

Cc
Alphahandmaiden Mizmycoli Zaynie Beyedew Helovesme Enque soonest Realdentist Onegai and all mama's abeg
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by meggitto21: 11:53am On Sep 17, 2017
Madam pls I have three questions to ask you
1.Are you working and getting good pay
2.Do your husband give u enough money for most of your needs
3.Does your husband assist in buy children cloths and foot the bills for mercilinious expenses.
If your answer is yes to any of these question then u don't understand the other women's plight...
Lalakas:
Am a visitor here.

Sorry @babythug if my response will hurt you or anyone. Sorry in advance.

Many women are guilty of inflating prices of items even hospital bills or say any bills for their husbands. This is a sin. You say after all he is your husband ok after all he is your husband then why lying if he is your husband? Inflating prices is lies and stealing.

So Many women because of their insatiable needs go on inflating prices and it's a pity they use this to rub themselves of God's own blessings.

I have been married for well over 7 years and by the grace of God I have never never inflated prices of anything or taken money from his pocket or car safe without informing him. Never. When am about loading the machine and I see money I still inform him . Most I give him back if I don't need.

Now, I have his atm cards and their respective pins. I also have access to online transfers of his account. I use and take orders from him when I need to. He trust me totally with his finances. I don't work again but I to still have access to his accounts and never take his money without his permission.

Women should learn to be satisfied and economize. You will earn your husbands trust and more money he will give you.

If after all he is your husband, stop inflating prices of goods and services. Eat his money legitimately. Avoid embarrassment. Tell him your needs, if you don't ask they know you inflate prices.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 1:04pm On Sep 17, 2017
jazzyjazz:
Please o I have a problem

My son has been eating very well since last month. Suddenly since Friday he's been loosing appetite. He barely had any food on Friday. On Saturday he refused to eat any cereal or formula. He was on breast milk only and today it's the same thing. And even the breast sef he's not sucking much at a time.

He's not running temperature, he's playing as usual, but he's not eating.
He took 90mls of formula this morning and small breast milk
He's 8 months old

Cc
Alphahand...maiden Mizm..ycoli Za..ynie Beye..dew Helov..esme Enque soo..nest Realde..ntist One..gai and all mama's abeg

It happened to my dd a while bk n they prescribed a multivitamin for her at the hospital cos she wasn't eating well.
She eventually got her appetite back.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1147) (1148) (1149) (1150) (1151) (1152) (1153) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: djokovic and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.