Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,479 members, 7,819,748 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:10 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1151) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4408013 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1148) (1149) (1150) (1151) (1152) (1153) (1154) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by soonest(f): 1:11pm On Sep 17, 2017
jazzyjazz:
Please o I have a problem

My son has been eating very well since last month. Suddenly since Friday he's been loosing appetite. He barely had any food on Friday. On Saturday he refused to eat any cereal or formula. He was on breast milk only and today it's the same thing. And even the breast sef he's not sucking much at a time.

He's not running temperature, he's playing as usual, but he's not eating.
He took 90mls of formula this morning and small breast milk
He's 8 months

It's a phase and will pass. Their appetite wax and wane. Meanwhile multivite syrup or Bco syrup can increase his appetite in the mean time.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 1:20pm On Sep 17, 2017
Ok 2 things cos this happened to me the whole of yesterday and I was shocked cos my baby loves food
1. Has he pooed as usual? Turns out for me, he wasn't eating cos he hadn't pooed since friday. Did a big poo this morning and he's gulping his pap now
2. The twice my baby has had malaria rejecting food was the only symptom. No fever, playing as usual, just didn't eat

I suggest you try multivitamins as enque suggested but also take him to the hospital for a blood test

jazzyjazz:
Please o I have a problem

My son has been eating very well since last month. Suddenly since Friday he's been loosing appetite. He barely had any food on Friday. On Saturday he refused to eat any cereal or formula. He was on breast milk only and today it's the same thing. And even the breast sef he's not sucking much at a time.

He's not running temperature, he's playing as usual, but he's not eating.
He took 90mls of formula this morning and small breast milk
He's 8 months old

Cc
Alphahandmaiden Mizmycoli Zaynie Beyedew Helovesme Enque soonest Realdentist Onegai and all mama's abeg

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by suzy(f): 1:22pm On Sep 17, 2017
Akorkor:
Thanks to all mamas. @enque,jazzjazz,JGracious,realdentist,eminya,hunnizusie, naomi14, fyngal.... and all. We shall continue to celebrate each other. Here is a bit of my cake to munch for you

happy birthday dear . God bless u .

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tatacherie: 1:23pm On Sep 17, 2017
Hello mama soonest long time Ma
Congrats on your divine gift.May God grant you a smooth journey and delivery
Happy Sunday all

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by beyedew(f): 1:31pm On Sep 17, 2017
Jazzyjazz
I agree with Soon.est, its a phase, he will soon outgrow it, af far as he is fine and not showing any signs of distress, he is good.

Mommy Zaynie, you are too gbaski joor. Make ah hear say I no collect. We have known each other for 5yrs now and all through he has never kept 5naira and I collect it. I have his atm pins too. But you see the moment I'm going to the market, odiegwu, Oga must top money ooo. It's already known fa, so we don't discuss it even. He will just go "oya take your apriko money" while I go "thank you Sir". Make ah hear say ino collect. Him go ffg me go hustle and bustle inside market ni? Odiegwu!

Giddyperson, just to encourage you more.
I wrote a 3-day professional exam when my baby was 5wks old in another state. I didn't know about breast pump and all then and I hadn't registered on nl, the only time I read and understand is at night. Was it easy? Mba! I remember running out of the exam hall with a security guy in tow to go br.eastfeed my baby, I was crying. Everyone except my mom advised me to defer the exam but my mom made me understand that the best time was then and I thank God I listened to her cos look at me now na lipsrsealed lipsrsealed, I don't even have energy to type on my phone cry. My result came out perfect. You don't know how strong and determined you can be until being strong and determined is all you've got left. You can do it!

11 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by soonest(f): 3:59pm On Sep 17, 2017
tatacherie:
Hello mama soonest long time Ma
Congrats on your divine gift.May God grant you a smooth journey and delivery
Happy Sunday all

Thanks dear. It's been a long while, seems you have abandoned us grin
Howz princess Akela? Greetings to all

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tatacherie: 4:27pm On Sep 17, 2017
soonest:

Thanks dear. It's been a long while, seems you have abandoned us
Howz princess Akela? Greetings to all
Ah not at all o Ma cheesy
I'm currently doing a PG program outta town so not been in church there for sometime now
She's doing great thanks. Greetings to yours too

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by keeki: 5:33pm On Sep 17, 2017
goodevening mamas.pls any mum that has used this before should pls educate me on how she sterilise it, because it seems like lo doesn't get satisfied from sucking directly so I want to express and use this to feed him.pls it is urgent as I want to start using it immediately

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jamjam5000(f): 5:58pm On Sep 17, 2017
keeki:
goodevening mamas.pls any mum that has used this before should pls educate me on how she sterilise it, because it seems like lo doesn't get satisfied from sucking directly so I want to express and use this to feed him.pls it is urgent as I want to start using it immediately

OMG! Where did you get the similac nipples from ? I have been needing it like oxygen as my LO only accepts that nipple. I was using the microwave sterilizing unit with it but was advised to boil the bottles and nipples after she came down with an infection. Boiling it works well as they have withstood a year of rigorous use.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by realdentist(f): 6:02pm On Sep 17, 2017
babylove01:
@perfectcrown
@giddyperson

Ingredients
1. Chicken
2. Coconut milk
3. Corn starch
4. Carrot (diced)
5. Green and red pepper (diced)
6. Sweet corn
7. Salt and maggi to taste.
8. Onions sliced
9. Garlic sliced optional
Recipe

Wash the chicken, add spices and leave to marinate for like 30minutes

Fry the chicken with little oil just to brown it.

Fry the onions and garlic just till its golden. Add the chicken to it and add little water and spices to cook the chicken.

Add the coconut milk and more water depending on the quantity of soup

I add dry pepper cos I like my food spicy but its optional

Dissolve the corn starch in little water and add gradually while staring to get the desired thickness.

Add the diced vegetables and serve with rice.

Sorry its coming late was on the road.

Plenty typos pls pardon

mama pls what's the name of this food we're cooking?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Moaba(f): 6:13pm On Sep 17, 2017
Wow! You write so well. It was an eye opener.
Onegai:
This is for everyone thinking "Now what" and lookinf for work. Tatacherie has surpassed my hopes and encouraged me to keep posting. You have something to do!

https://www.nairaland.com/1899177/why-youre-not-getting-job/1#60541795

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Moaba(f): 6:17pm On Sep 17, 2017
Amen. Thanks a lot.
JGracious:
Please give yourself the permission to enjoy this 'bored' moment very well joor.

Think of the firms that may need your services in Ibadan and strategise on how to get a placement there. Find out the job roles existing there and fine tune your cv to meet their requirements.

May God answer your request. Amen.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by keeki: 6:28pm On Sep 17, 2017
jamjam5000:

OMG! Where did you get the similac nipples from ? I have been needing it like oxygen as my LO only accepts that nipple. I was using the microwave sterilizing unit with it but was advised to boil the bottles and nipples after she came down with an infection. Boiling it works well as they have withstood a year of rigorous use.

a friend got it from the US for me
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 6:35pm On Sep 17, 2017
Moaba:
Wow! You write so well. It was an eye opener.

Thank you very much smiley

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jamjam5000(f): 6:39pm On Sep 17, 2017
keeki:

a friend got it from the US for me

Lucky you then. They are very durable.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by realdentist(f): 6:46pm On Sep 17, 2017
Onegai:
This is for everyone thinking "Now what" and lookinf for work. Tatacherie has surpassed my hopes and encouraged me to keep posting. You have something to do!

https://www.nairaland.com/1899177/why-youre-not-getting-job/1#60541795
thanks for telling us about this thread. mama, the wisdom u have, not many have it

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by realdentist(f): 6:52pm On Sep 17, 2017
jazzyjazz it may just be a phase, or he may be constipated. when last did he poo
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by perfectcrown(f): 6:59pm On Sep 17, 2017
babylove01:
@perfectcrown
@giddyperson

Ingredients
1. Chicken
2. Coconut milk
3. Corn starch
4. Carrot (diced)
6. Sweet corn
8. Onions sliced
Recipe

Fry the onions and garlic just till its golden. Add the chicken to it and add little water and spices to cook the chicken.

Dissolve the corn starch in little water and add gradually while staring to get the desired thickness.

Plenty typos pls pardon

Thanks na'am! I'm grateful. I will definately try this.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by keeki: 7:16pm On Sep 17, 2017
jamjam5000:

Lucky you then. They are very durable.
thank u ma

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babylove01: 8:27pm On Sep 17, 2017
realdentist:
mama pls what's the name of this food we're cooking?
Chicken coconut sauce
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 8:36pm On Sep 17, 2017
realdentist:
jazzyjazz it may just be a phase, or he may be constipated. when last did he poo

He pooped this morning
I also noticed that he's been sleeping longer too
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 8:38pm On Sep 17, 2017
beyedew:
Jazzyjazz
I agree with Soon.est, its a phase, he will soon outgrow it, af far as he is fine and not showing any signs of distress, he is good.

Mommy Zaynie, you are too gbaski joor. Make ah hear say I no collect. We have known each other for 5yrs now and all through he has never kept 5naira and I collect it. I have his atm pins too. But you see the moment I'm going to the market, odiegwu, Oga must top money ooo. It's already known fa, so we don't discuss it even. He will just go "oya take your apriko money" while I go "thank you Sir". Make ah hear say ino collect. Him go ffg me go hustle and bustle inside market ni? Odiegwu!

Giddyperson, just to encourage you more.
I wrote a 3-day professional exam when my baby was 5wks old in another state. I didn't know about breast pump and all then and I hadn't registered on nl, the only time I read and understand is at night. Was it easy? Mba! I remember running out of the exam hall with a security guy in tow to go br.eastfeed my baby, I was crying. Everyone except my mom advised me to defer the exam but my mom made me understand that the best time was then and I thank God I listened to her cos look at me now na lipsrsealed lipsrsealed, I don't even have energy to type on my phone cry. My result came out perfect. You don't know how strong and determined you can be until being strong and determined is all you've got left. You can do it!

He's not distressed, he's sleeping longer. He only agreed to eat bread since he saw me touching the nylon. I gave him small with lots of water. And then he was back to breast milk. He did take 60mls of formula tonight before he slept

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 8:40pm On Sep 17, 2017
hunniesuzie:
Ok 2 things cos this happened to me the whole of yesterday and I was shocked cos my baby loves food
1. Has he pooed as usual? Turns out for me, he wasn't eating cos he hadn't pooed since friday. Did a big poo this morning and he's gulping his pap now
2. The twice my baby has had malaria rejecting food was the only symptom. No fever, playing as usual, just didn't eat

I suggest you try multivitamins as enque suggested but also take him to the hospital for a blood test

He pooped this morning. He didn't poo again after that.
I'll give him the multi vitamins tomorrow.
Dh says if he continues like this then we will have to take him to the doctor
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 8:40pm On Sep 17, 2017
soonest:

It's a phase and will pass. Their appetite wax and wane. Meanwhile multivite syrup or Bco syrup can increase his appetite in the mean time.

I pray so
Will give the multivitamins tomorrow
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 8:41pm On Sep 17, 2017
enque:

It happened to my dd a while bk n they prescribed a multivitamin for her at the hospital cos she wasn't eating well.
She eventually got her appetite back.

I'll give the multivitamins tomorrow. I pray he goes back to eating.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chanbaby: 9:00pm On Sep 17, 2017
jamjam5000:

Ehya I have some I brought from the US don't know how u can get it now. I'm based in Delta state.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 9:02pm On Sep 17, 2017
jazzyjazz:

I'll give the multivitamins tomorrow. I pray he goes back to eating.

U can try reducing his portions and then when he gets back to his normal appetite, u increase.

Well done dear
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by semilore12: 10:41pm On Sep 17, 2017
I use the same set of bottles and tip. I wash with warm water and soap. Rinse very very well. Put all inside a bowl already filled with hot water. Then cover up. Thats all i do ma'am
keeki:
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nneejima(f): 11:02pm On Sep 17, 2017
babylove01:
@perfectcrown
@giddyperson

Ingredients
1. Chicken
2. Coconut milk
3. Corn starch
4. Carrot (diced)
6. Sweet corn
8. Onions sliced
Recipe

Plenty typos pls pardon

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 11:21pm On Sep 17, 2017
jazzyjazz:

He's not distressed, he's sleeping longer. He only agreed to eat bread since he saw me touching the nylon. I gave him small with lots of water. And then he was back to breast milk. He did take 60mls of formula tonight before he slept

Okay... Good to hear.
Sorry I came late.
When next he refuses to eat try to give him something totally different. Sometimes they just need a change of taste.
That is after ruling out any kind of illness or discomfort.

Kisses to him kiss
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Eminya(f): 8:16am On Sep 18, 2017
jazzyjazz:

I pray so
Will give the multivitamins tomorrow

I remember sometime ago when my DS lost appetite, all his favourite food plus drinks were all rejected, we took him to a Dr. who administered multi vitamin syrup for him, a after two days of taking the multivite he still didn't eat, we went back to the Dr. and then he asked us if he takes fruit and if he has a favourite among the fruit. We left hospital and bought Oranges and bananas which were his favourite. DS regained his appetite with the fruits, he rushed them like his life depended on the fruits.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Dunni29(f): 8:19am On Sep 18, 2017
jazzyjazz:

I think it is a phase. His twin is also doing exactly the same as you have described. She is also not eating as usual and now sleeps at every opportunity. She's been pooping normally, plays well . I was a bit concerned too so I have started her on multivitamin. I pray it blows over soon

(1) (2) (3) ... (1148) (1149) (1150) (1151) (1152) (1153) (1154) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.