Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,292 members, 7,836,281 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (140) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4430875 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by vickilafab(f): 5:43pm On Jan 07, 2015
rezzy:

I will be resuming work next week, you know private schools dont give 3 months leave. Though, there is day care for teachers' babies but i cant be moving up and down to breastfeed him.

I intend staying till 3 months but for one reason. I resumed with them sept last year, gave birth Nov. She paid me full salary for nov and dec even oct that i fell sick for 2 weeks and didnt go to work. So im feeling guilty to stay at home till 3mnths.

Pls advice

ur boss is a really nice person o, a mother! lucky u.

my friend dt worked wt a primary school 4 almost a yr wasnt paid salary d month she gave birth evn tho she had worked far into d mnth. her sch evn gives 3 mnths maternity leave bt wtout pay. she lost morale & is nw a stay-at-home-mom til her daughter is a year old.

Just buy a very good pump. breastfeed him well bfor leavin home, den pump into his feedin bottles OR a stainless flask to keep it warm n let d nanny feed wt cup n spoon. during break, u breastfeed him n pump som more to last til closing. u can do dt til he's 6 mnths den supplement wt formula. all d best.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FINA4804(f): 5:45pm On Jan 07, 2015
@rezzy, you must make sure you feed your baby breastmilk most times, then the formula can be once a day, that is if you really want to supplement and remember EBF is the best. You can use either sma, nan, cow and gate, aptamil, similac, enfagrow. You go for your choice they are all good, the only difference is place and company of production

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by vickilafab(f): 5:46pm On Jan 07, 2015
vickilafab:
hi everyone, pls wot causes high blood pressure several months after delivery?? fluctuates btwn 148/97 to 157/100. how can it be managed? no history of hbp in pregnancy tho readings fluctuated btwn a once off 140/90 to130/80,120/80 n somtyms 110/70.

abeg make una answer dis question na
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rezzy: 9:37pm On Jan 07, 2015
@ lovinam, FINA4804, vickilafab, favoredgal

Thanks for the advice. I appreciate.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FINA4804(f): 10:34am On Jan 08, 2015
@vikilafab, what is your doc saying about it, I have not had such experience before. Experience mamas can answer you
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by roWzayy: 2:13pm On Jan 08, 2015
Goodday mummies in d houz..HNY to u all may God almighty continue to guide n protect our lo's in jesus name.just received a bad news today a relative of mine just lost her 2month old baby due to carelessness she was feeding her baby n she slept off using her b.reast to cover d babies nose,d child died overnight so sad pls mothers be warned....just wanted to share dis so dat odas can learn# I have a little prob my baby is having diaper rash coupled with red rash all over her body it seems to be spreading every seconds went to see a doc today she gave me gentamicin n hydrocortisone cream to use on her n told me she is reacting to her bathing soap n thats d soap I have been using since she was born I just dont understand d sudden red rash pls experienced mum I need help please....sorry for d long epistle
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by CharmyBliz: 3:43pm On Jan 08, 2015
Pls my 4week boy has stuffy nose and always make distressing sound while farting. He has diffficulty breathing and is feedin little...wat shud I do to help him?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by fizanos(m): 6:42pm On Jan 08, 2015
Thanks

omogemi:

i did nt give mine coz d person who prescribd it ws a nurse n she did nt tell me to give her only to wash d head. moreso, for me i dont think its adviceable to give babies such things to drink. their intestines are quite tender. . .
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by stone07(m): 7:35pm On Jan 08, 2015
Pls mother in d house my wife is complaining that our son sleep during d day and night until she back him. We are not together because she is working some where else.she says whenever she want to drop him from her back to put him on d bed to continue his sleep d baby will wake up again.
My wife have not been able to sleep through out d night. Pls what can we do.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rezzy: 8:45pm On Jan 08, 2015
stone07:
Pls mother in d house my wife is complaining that our son sleep during d day and night until she back him. We are not together because she is working some where else.she says whenever she want to drop him from her back to put him on d bed to continue his sleep d baby will wake up again.

My Baby does the same. Let her put the baby on the bed and pat him on his bumbum or back til he sleeps. He will surely cry but after crying, he will fall asleep. Babies have sense too. my baby wanted me to stand b4 he could sleep, I balanced very well on the chair and patted him, he cried and cried until he slept off, he never tried that again

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FINA4804(f): 9:06pm On Jan 08, 2015
Tell your wife to feed the baby very well, make sure he eats enough and just pat him, sing for him, she should nit teach him back sleeping.if a child is not he he will not cry too much.
stone07:

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by vickilafab(f): 10:37pm On Jan 08, 2015
FINA4804:
@vikilafab, what is your doc saying about it, I have not had such experience before. Experience mamas can answer you
ok, thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mamacajah: 10:46pm On Jan 08, 2015
Hello all. I am a FTM to a beautiful baby girl who's 7 weeks old. We are currently having an issue with strange body rash that started first at her elbows. We tried using ori ( local shea butter) and baby powder but it has spread all over her body. While some are drying up new rashes are showing up on the skin. I am so worried. This happened within the last week. Does anyone have such experience and what did you do to solve it?

Sorry for the long post.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by julicoka(f): 11:14pm On Jan 08, 2015
mamacajah:
Hello all. I am a FTM to a beautiful baby girl who's 7 weeks old. We are currently having an issue with strange body rash that started first at her elbows. We tried using ori ( local shea butter) and baby powder but it has spread all over her body. While some are drying up new rashes are showing up on the skin. I am so worried. This happened within the last week. Does anyone have such experience and what did you do to solve it?

Sorry for the long post.
for me baby tribotan cream ad sudo cream work very well u can give it try
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by favoredgal: 11:22pm On Jan 08, 2015
mamacajah:

Sorry for the long post.

Baby tribotan
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Firstimer(f): 12:26pm On Jan 09, 2015
mamacajah:

Sorry for the long post.

Sudocream works better without side effects. Baby tribotan might cause discolourations on ur baby's skin if she's dark. When it heals It gives lighter skin patches on the area u applied it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by CharmyBliz: 12:57pm On Jan 09, 2015
corrall:

I think vitamin c for babies shd do the trick. I gave it to my baby, at 4weeks and it went away in like a week.

Pls hw do I give Vit C for my 4 week old boy? Wats d dosage?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mamasy: 3:26pm On Jan 09, 2015
Mamas in the house pls help
My 3 month old has refused to take breast milk.. tried putting her on sma gold which she took for a week, den refused again.
Also pumped milk in bottle, she's still not taking.. taking her to the hospital and d doctor doesn't seem bothered.
Pls anyone with similar experience and what fid u do.
Before she takes 4 oz of breast milk every 3 hrs but now forcefully FINISHES 2 OZ
the only time I can say she eats is her early morning feed
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by honeyd1: 4:02pm On Jan 09, 2015
pls mamas in d house, how do i make ewedu for my lo. she is 9months already.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jam04(m): 6:00pm On Jan 09, 2015
mamasy:
Mamas in the house pls help
My 3 month old has refused to take breast milk.. tried putting her on sma gold which she took for a week, den refused again.
Also pumped milk in bottle, she's still not taking.. taking her to the hospital and d doctor doesn't seem bothered.
Pls anyone with similar experience and what fid u do.
Before she takes 4 oz of breast milk every 3 hrs but now forcefully FINISHES 2 OZ
the only time I can say she eats is her early morning feed

If she's growing fine, don't be bothered. Babies don't eat much at once.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mamasy: 10:40pm On Jan 09, 2015
jam04:

If she's growing fine, don't be bothered. Babies don't eat much at once.

Hmm mm. .OK. . Just dat m worried sick. Can I start her on multivitamin like abidec?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jam04(m): 11:56am On Jan 10, 2015
mamasy:

Hmm mm. .OK. . Just dat m worried sick. Can I start her on multivitamin like abidec?
Yes
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by omogemi: 12:28pm On Jan 10, 2015
@julicoka. . i dey o. i don ready well well for another preggy as i dey. my preggy mode is already activated. hw our angel doing? happy new year to u guys.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mamacajah: 2:31pm On Jan 10, 2015
Thanks firstimer, favouredgal and julicoka. I will do as advised.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Firstimer(f): 4:38pm On Jan 10, 2015
Pls mamas i just noticed stretch marks forming on my breast. How can i prevent them from coming out fully like the ones on my tummy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by julicoka(f): 10:06pm On Jan 10, 2015
omogemi:
@julicoka. . i dey o. i don ready well well for another preggy as i dey. my preggy mode is already activated. hw our angel doing? happy new year to u guys.
OK oooo she is doing fyn still not eating na can we dey take collect small small.am pushing now come may we do it together lol
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kendraloops(f): 10:21pm On Jan 10, 2015
Firstimer:
Pls mamas i just noticed stretch marks forming on my breast. How can i prevent them from coming out fully like the ones on my tummy

Are you preggy? if yes, you can use ori or olive oil. Just rub on the prone areas. They might still eventually come out, but they'll be reduced to the barest minimum. Rub it religiously!!!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Firstimer(f): 1:25am On Jan 11, 2015
kendraloops:

Are you preggy? if yes, you can use ori or olive oil. Just rub on the prone areas. They might still eventually come out, but they'll be reduced to the barest minimum. Rub it religiously!!!

am not preggy o. Am EBF. I jus noticed faint marks.
I used ori "religiously" (2-3 times daily) during preg but i still got d marks. Dont no wat to do now. I'll hav to give olive oil a try. Tnx
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kendraloops(f): 2:25am On Jan 11, 2015
Firstimer:

am not preggy o. Am EBF. I jus noticed faint marks.
I used ori "religiously" (2-3 times daily) during preg but i still got d marks. Dont no wat to do now. I'll hav to give olive oil a try. Tnx

me too, i gat the marks. i was so worried abt them initially but now, I've accepted them as my friends o, lol. The marks won't fade completely, no matter what you do except you go for surgery(laser removal) which isn't worth it IMO. Learn to live with it n enjoy ur striped friends na.

For olive oil, you'll notice changes after about a year of continous use, that's what i gathered through research.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by NoQualms1(f): 11:07am On Jan 11, 2015
Good day mamas, is it okay to give a baby on EBF water? Some people say that's why my baby cry at night and has frequent hiccups.

@roWzayy, sorry about your relative. Lesson learnt o.

@rezzy, I hope to stop EBF by 2 months too. I will resume work and my company has no day care or creche. God will see us through.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Firstimer(f): 11:19am On Jan 11, 2015
kendraloops:

me too, i gat the marks. i was so worried abt them initially but now, I've accepted them as my friends o, lol. The marks won't fade completely, no matter what you do except you go for surgery(laser removal) which isn't worth it IMO. Learn to live with it n enjoy ur striped friends na.

For olive oil, you'll notice changes after about a year of continous use, that's what i gathered through research.
Lol@ striped friends. Dont no if i'll stil b happy anytime i look at the mirror
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jovids: 3:31pm On Jan 11, 2015
NoQualms1:
Good day mamas, is it okay to give a baby on EBF water? Some people say that's why my baby cry at night and has frequent hiccups.

@roWzayy, sorry about your relative. Lesson learnt o.

@rezzy, I hope to stop EBF by 2 months too. I will resume work and my company has no day care or creche. God will see us through.

Hello dear, I don't think dts d reason why ur baby cries or has hiccups but u can give him all d same, though its nt really necessary

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.