Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,952 members, 7,814,227 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:28 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (138) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4397415 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by contactlahrie(f): 12:59am On Dec 29, 2014
lovinam:
Na wa o. Which kain bank job be that? I know banks that give mothers time to go home and breastfeed their babies. I wonder why yours don't have same rule. You either go home or someone brings d baby to you. Ask in your office cos its possible its allowed

It's branch operations and we're not allowed to go out. Sometimes it's so busy we can't even have lunch in d same building. It's sad but naija factor will not allow me fight it when I don't av am alternative
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by farydah: 5:07am On Dec 29, 2014
contactlahrie:

It's branch operations and we're not allowed to go out. Sometimes it's so busy we can't even have lunch in d same building. It's sad but naija factor will not allow me fight it when I don't av am alternative

Pele my dear. How long is your maternity leave? Are u exclusively Bra.est feeding? Do you have a trusted nanny? How far is your house from the office? Are you alone in your unit? How long have you worked with them? All these questions is because: my mat leave lasted 3mnths. I exclusively bra.est fed for 5 and half mnths which meant I went home for mine and bby's lunch. I had a bra.est pump too which I used bfr work and during break at home. I clsed when we close to customers untl my bby turned 6mnths. All these was possible bcs of prayers, rapport with colleagues, we were two in my unit, my house was only abt 5mins away from ofis and my nanny was relatively reliable.
I wish you all the best and pray u find a workable routine. P.S I very nearly quitted too when it was time to resume work but I adapted.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jovids: 10:48am On Dec 29, 2014
contactlahrie:

It is well sis. Please relate with ur immediate supervisor or someone who wld understand u have a three month old baby that needs ur attention. so dt aleast u cld go check on ur baby during office hours. Hope u av a creche very close to ur office. Above all keep praying to God for favour. I believe all will be fine.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jovids: 10:50am On Dec 29, 2014
bossladyMo:

Check the directions on the pack.
Please can I also use it for my 10 months old
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jovids: 10:51am On Dec 29, 2014
okoval2:

Yea startled
She will be fine. It happens like that sometimes in babies
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by samyan12: 8:10pm On Dec 29, 2014
MojAyo:
what kind of oat,my dear,yeah its nt easy bt what can I do,I gave him one and half egg yolk yesterday and he collected it vry well,though he was crying while I was giving him,I think becos egg yolk doesn't ve any lump there,dats why he didn't choke on it or vomit,being a mother is nt easy,bt I think its our job to take care of them and see dat they re okay,dats our job as mothers,may God give us more strengths to take care of them as we wants,merry xmas everybody
Reading ur posts, i realize i am lucky, my babies are almost 11months old too and they eat everything. Rice,cemo,poundo,noodles,porridge made with potatoes or yam whatever,fish, egg yolk, its cereal dey dont even care for much.keep offering everything to ur.baby, soon he'll adapt, he was.probably breastfed exclusively. Bottle fed babies are more keen to try out foods.dont be afraid he is old enuf for.adult food.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 8:31pm On Dec 29, 2014
samyan12:

Reading ur posts, i realize i am lucky, my babies are almost 11months old too and they eat everything. Rice,cemo,poundo,noodles,porridge made with potatoes or yam whatever,fish, egg yolk, its cereal dey dont even care for much.keep offering everything to ur.baby, soon he'll adapt, he was.probably breastfed exclusively. Bottle fed babies are more keen to try out foods.dont be afraid he is old enuf for.adult food.
yeah,tanx,I will try to be giving him d food little by little,I do exclusive breastfeeding for him which I think its d cause of his refusal of food
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Hissexcellencie(m): 10:10pm On Dec 29, 2014
Okay, M not a mum buh my friend a single mum told me her toddler(under 2yrs) isn't feeling well; running temp n' all. And she thinks †ђξ child has lost weight since d last time she saw her. Are there any meds for this? Is it a general thing? Is there something like "paracetamol-to adults" for kids?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by okoval2(m): 11:28pm On Dec 29, 2014
jovids:

She will be fine. It happens like that sometimes in babies
OK thank u
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mytestimony: 1:40pm On Dec 30, 2014
Good day all. Please experienced mamas I want to ask about pacifier. Did or does any of you use it for your LO (they are really cute). What are the advantages and disadvantages.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lovinam: 6:12pm On Dec 30, 2014
Hissexcellencie:
Okay, M not a mum buh my friend a single mum told me her toddler(under 2yrs) isn't feeling well; running temp n' all. And she thinks †ђξ child has lost weight since d last time she saw her. Are there any meds for this? Is it a general thing? Is there something like "paracetamol-to adults" for kids?
. Pls take her to d doc. If she can't afford a doc, then pharmacist who will recomend tests and drugs too. Don't self medicate!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by apeleone(f): 6:47am On Dec 31, 2014
Hello mama's in the house,pls my 3weeks old baby has been findin it difficult to stool 4 dpast 2 days,had to stimulate ha anus for ha to stool pls is there other method I can use cos am not comfortable usin metholatum to stimulate ha anus,she takes both formular(nan 1) and breast milk
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jam04(m): 7:44am On Dec 31, 2014
apeleone:
Hello mama's in the house,pls my 3weeks old baby has been findin it difficult to stool 4 dpast 2 days,had to stimulate ha anus for ha to stool pls is there other method I can use cos am not comfortable usin metholatum to stimulate ha anus,she takes both formular(nan 1) and breast milk
Sorry to digress from your main enquiry. Why are you giving her formula now?
There is nothing bad in stimulating her anus at this age cos the muscles aren't well developed yet to push out themselves. With time the baby will learn to push.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jam04(m): 7:46am On Dec 31, 2014
mytestimony:
Good day all. Please experienced mamas I want to ask about pacifier. Did or does any of you use it for your LO (they are really cute). What are the advantages and disadvantages.
Buy the one recommended for your baby age to avoid choking. Pacifier's are good

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by apeleone(f): 8:46am On Dec 31, 2014
jam04:

Sorry to digress from your main enquiry. Why are you giving her formula now?
There is nothing bad in stimulating her anus at this age cos the muscles aren't well developed yet to push out themselves. With time the baby will learn to push.

She eats a lot dat I. Get dizzy after feeding ha MIL suggested formula to make up though I giv ha formula twice daily bt d main meal is d breast. Milk
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jam04(m): 10:01am On Dec 31, 2014
apeleone:

She eats a lot dat I. Get dizzy after feeding ha MIL suggested formula to make up though I giv ha formula twice daily bt d main meal is d breast. Milk

A 3 weeks old baby can't eat that much that u will get dizzy. Its either ur milk is not expressing enough or she is not latching on properly. EBF is the best if you can do it

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ijeoma2728(f): 10:56am On Jan 01, 2015
Happppppy new year dear mums and dads,may d new year be fruitful nd prosperous!
May our little ones grow in God's wisdom!
May they be free from sickness of all kinds!.
May we all reap the fruits of our labour!.
Its well with us..in Jesus name...Amen
Happy new year smiley kiss kiss

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Francutok: 11:23am On Jan 02, 2015
Sure they do.
mine did at that age and recall feeling dizzy too. Plus he is a boy.
just waiting for him to be 2months and Il start him on formula.

jam04:

A 3 weeks old baby can't eat that much that u will get dizzy. Its either ur milk is not expressing enough or she is not latching on properly. EBF is the best if you can do it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lovinam: 1:32pm On Jan 02, 2015
You feel dizzy cos you are not eating well. Are you trying to diet? Hope not. If u are Ebfing, you need to eat a well balanced meal also continue with ur vitamins. Don't forget to rest well.
apeleone:

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Moniella: 11:22pm On Jan 02, 2015
Hello mums I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ †̥hε house I need your advice. I stop breast feeding ♍γ 16month old baby 2weeks ago A♌d I notice she has reduce weight couse she Ȋ̝̊̅§ not eating very well. A friend told me T̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ buy cipri gold multivitamin f̶̲̥̅̊ό̲̣̣̣̥я̩̥̊ her that it will make her T̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ eat very well A♌d gain weight. I don't no if I should buy it or not. I need name of any multivite she can take that will make her T̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ eat A♌d gain weight. Pls advice if ‎​Ʊ have same experience. Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 5:29am On Jan 03, 2015
Hello mothers,my baby has a wound in his ear,at d sides inside his wear,which got stained with little blood yesterday,I think its as a result of me cleaning his ear everytime,and before he ve dat wound,if a put a cotton bud in his ear to clean,he will cry as if I'm hurting him,d wound have dried up now,there re patches of black things showing as a result of healing,I want to ask how can I clean d wound without hurting him again, and how proper is it right to be cleaning a babys ear,I mean can I clean it once in a month,tanx mothers,need ur reply
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 5:34am On Jan 03, 2015
Moniella:
Hello mums I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ †̥hε house I need your advice. I stop breast feeding ♍γ 16month old baby 2weeks ago A♌d I notice she has reduce weight couse she Ȋ̝̊̅§ not eating very well. A friend told me T̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ buy cipri gold multivitamin f̶̲̥̅̊ό̲̣̣̣̥я̩̥̊ her that it will make her T̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ eat very well A♌d gain weight. I don't no if I should buy it or not. I need name of any multivite she can take that will make her T̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ eat A♌d gain weight. Pls advice if ‎​Ʊ have same experience. Thanks
pls,what kind of food re u givng her to eat at dat age,I'm asking becos my baby dnt like to eat any other food than cerelac,and. I'm afraid if I should stop breastfeeding him,he may loose weight,tanx
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FINA4804(f): 10:31am On Jan 03, 2015
I think it is normal its because she is not eating I think multivitamin will help, just take her to a pediatrician they will tell you the one to give her, I have not given my baby any so I can't say anything concerning that. But try force her to eat, give her fruits such as orange then if you can get purees they help alot
Moniella:
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FINA4804(f): 10:34am On Jan 03, 2015
In my own opinion don't bothe yourself thank God there is something she likes just keep giving her cerelac, cerelac has 9 different flavours, you can switch within them when she wants toeat food she will
MojAyo:
pls,what kind of food re u givng her to eat at dat age,I'm asking becos my baby dnt like to eat any other food than cerelac,and. I'm afraid if I should stop breastfeeding him,he may loose weight,tanx
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jan 03, 2015
FINA4804:
In my own opinion don't bothe yourself thank God there is something she likes just keep giving her cerelac, cerelac has 9 different flavours, you can switch within them when she wants toeat food she will
abi,tanx so much,he only eats one flavour at 8months,wheat and mixed fruit,my baby is 10months plus,I think I just ve to wait till he prefers d adult food
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jan 03, 2015
Moniella:

Abidec is working wonders in my son's life...he now eats very well. You can buy Abidec, not the one with the dropper, but the one for 1-5 yr olds.

Thank me later!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Moniella: 12:22am On Jan 04, 2015
Thanks a lot I never knew there Ȋ̝̊̅§ abidec for one year baby though I give her †̥hε drop before she clock one A♌d its work.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Moniella: 12:42am On Jan 04, 2015
♍γ sis you no baby's are different, what a want, b might not want it. ♍γ baby Ȋ̝̊̅§ not given me stress at all when its come T̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ food she eat any thing I give her although she might taste it at first A♌d reject it but I will keep giving it T̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ her A♌d with time she will get used T̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ it. But mostly I gave her pap, custard, celerac, friso gold rice, indomie A♌d she like any swallow food too. May be you should try this A♌d giving her multivite will make her T̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ eat well.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Moniella: 12:52am On Jan 04, 2015
♍γ sis you no baby's are different, what a want, b might not want it. ♍γ baby Ȋ̝̊̅§ not given me stress at all when its come T̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ food she eat any thing I give her although she might taste it at first A♌d reject it but I will keep giving it T̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ her A♌d with time she will get used T̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ it. But mostly I gave her pap, custard, celerac, friso gold rice, indomie A♌d she like any swallow food too. May be you should try this A♌d giving her multivite will make her T̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ eat well.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by cuteade: 2:19am On Jan 04, 2015
[quote author=MojAyo post=29439514]Hello mothers,my baby has a wound in his ear,at d sides inside his wear,which got stained with little blood yesterday.

My dear please stop cleaning your baby's hear. He needs the wax coming out of it to prevent infection. Excessive cleaning causes infection for babies. Please let google, baby centre be our dictionary. Thank you. ]
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 2:28am On Jan 04, 2015
[quote author=cuteade post=29470112][/quote]so pls,what did u think I should do now,I put some menthylated balm at d side of d ear yesterday to relieve him of d pain,though he is playing nicely and he is never touching d ear as iin feeling d pain,pls tell. Me what to do now

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.