Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (143) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4411029 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kaffy4bill(f): 8:37am On Jan 18, 2015
eagleeye2:

Much better. Thank you.
My mother inlaw came and she did her thing, and few hours later, my wife came out excited with a poo filled short and started calling anyone who cared to pick her call that her child has finally poo poked.
smh. I was set to take the child to hospital last Friday, cos it was beginning to disturb us.

Glad to hear dat.. wat did mama in law do oo so we all can learn?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by vickilafab(f): 2:13pm On Jan 18, 2015
roWzayy:
pls at what month is a baby suppose to take it?
ur child is supposed to have an immunisation card, pls check.. d first shot is given frm 6wks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by vickilafab(f): 2:15pm On Jan 18, 2015
eagleeye2:

Much better. Thank you.
My mother inlaw came and she did her thing, and few hours later, my wife came out excited with a poo filled short and started calling anyone who cared to pick her call that her child has finally poo poked.
smh. I was set to take the child to hospital last Friday, cos it was beginning to disturb us.
thank God smiley
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by eagleeye2: 2:25pm On Jan 18, 2015
kaffy4bill:

Glad to hear dat.. wat did mama in law do oo so we all can learn?
she use this red soap...... cut it thin and was inserting it small small......just insert and bring it out. (she wet it also)
After some time she allowed baby to rest. Within 30minutes of doing this, baby pooed
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by msbyao: 3:16pm On Jan 18, 2015
lovinam:
Catcham!! You contributed ur quota too. He might be teething o. I noticed my lo's poo changed when teething. Go to babycentre.com and check out poop colour to Figure out where is one falls in.
oh really?? thanks. will check.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by msbyao: 3:19pm On Jan 18, 2015
kaffy4bill:

It's Kk for baby's poo to change colour, it wil change back. My baby went thru d same phase too. Pls continue breastfeeding.. and improve on ur diet.. all the best
Thank you. I will.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mamasy: 5:19pm On Jan 18, 2015
MamAs, good afternoon,
pls I need help or any one with similar experience.
my baby at 3 months cry all through the day for 4 days now .nothing I do would soothe her.. she rejects breast milk but can only drink it when it's pumped into a feeding bottle, though she hardly even takes d bottle. She's also supplemented with sma gold.
iv takin her to the hospital and the doctor doesn't seem to see anything wrong with her. She's also not pooed for 7 days now considering the fact that she's also on formula.
Pls what kan I do..it pains me to see her cry and m helpless.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lovinam: 5:33pm On Jan 18, 2015
Yes my lo's came out @4months. He is 9months now with 7teeth
msbyao:
oh really?? thanks. will check.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kaffy4bill(f): 7:18pm On Jan 18, 2015
mamasy:
MamAs, good afternoon,
pls I need help or any one with similar experience.
my baby at 3 months cry all through the day for 4 days now .nothing I do would soothe her.. she rejects breast milk but can only drink it when it's pumped into a feeding bottle, though she hardly even takes d bottle. She's also supplemented with sma gold.
iv takin her to the hospital and the doctor doesn't seem to see anything wrong with her. She's also not pooed for 7 days now considering the fact that she's also on formula.

Sum babies re naturally fussy and it's possible the baby doesn't want direct sucking again based on situations. Y r u supplementing wit SMA.. just try as much as u can to make d baby comfortable alwaz.. it's all motherhood experience, we don't hv it same way
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Alohseda: 11:12pm On Jan 18, 2015
Hello mums! Please what type of food can I give my 7months old baby. He is on frisogold, just added pap to his meal but he wees alot. i need another food to complement cereal cause he is eating alot. I dont want to start solid now until he is 8 months. Thank you ma(s)
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by BryDario(f): 12:34am On Jan 19, 2015
Alohseda:
Hello mums! Please what type of food can I give my 7months old baby. He is on frisogold, just added pap to his meal but he wees alot. i need another food to complement cereal cause he is eating alot. I dont want to start solid now until he is 8 months. Thank you ma(s)

Try out Gerber,Nutriben,Aptamil cereal,Heinz,Cerelac,cow and gate.it depends on the one your baby likes.Pap is good too;if you feel his not getting enough add soyabeans,grounded crayfish and groundnut to the pap.watch out for allergy too when you introduce anything new to your baby.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by BryDario(f): 12:38am On Jan 19, 2015
lovinam:
Yes my lo's came out @4months. He is 9months now with 7teeth

Wow,thought i was the only one*lol*.my baby is 9months+ too with 8teeth.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by BryDario(f): 12:45am On Jan 19, 2015
vickilafab:
our babies are age mates. he also eats everything we eat but very little dat am worried he's nt getting filled. we still do battle when I try feeding him cereals. he's still breastfeeding, planning to wean him after his 1st birthday

Wow,my baby has stoped taking cereal.its always war when i try feeding him with cereal.so i glady settled for solid and he likes it much.he eats everything now,anything eatable*lool*,unlike before.if his not taking much at this stage,just be cool;its their time now[intial gra gra stage] it will pass.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by eagleeye2: 6:48am On Jan 19, 2015
mamasy:
She's also not pooed for 7 days now considering the fact that she's also on formula.
I think this is where the problem is. My baby don't usually cry for long. But when he didn't poo for a week, he started crying seriously. It's only when he is asleep that we get some rest.
#myopinion
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by vickilafab(f): 10:34am On Jan 19, 2015
BryDario:

Wow,my baby has stoped taking cereal.its always war when i try feeding him with cereal.so i glady settled for solid and he likes it much.he eats everything now,anything eatable*lool*,unlike before.if his not taking much at this stage,just be cool;its their time now[intial gra gra stage] it will pass.
abi.. thanks a lot. pls ow often do u feed ur LO wt d adult food? & breastfeeeding too? because my son is rily hooked on breasstmilk dat am wondering how I'll wean him successfully. I wil stop d cereal because av bought almost all types in d market yet he refuses to take- both wt spoon & feeding bottle (tried different textures too embarassed) but if its rice, spaghetti/macaroni, moimoi or anything else we eat, u ll c him opening mouth & chewing happily wt his 2 teeth.. being a mom no b beans ooo!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Alohseda: 10:38am On Jan 19, 2015
BryDario:

Try out Gerber,Nutriben,Aptamil cereal,Heinz,Cerelac,cow and gate.it depends on the one your baby likes.Pap is good too;if you feel his not getting enough add soyabeans,grounded crayfish and groundnut to the pap.watch out for allergy too when you introduce anything new to your baby.

thank you. But are these not also cereals? I want something else apart from cereal
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kaffy4bill(f): 10:47am On Jan 19, 2015
vickilafab:
abi.. thanks a lot. pls ow often do u feed ur LO wt d adult food? & breastfeeeding too? because my son is rily hooked on breasstmilk dat am wondering how I'll wean him successfully. I wil stop d cereal because av bought almost all types in d market yet he refuses to take- both wt spoon & feeding bottle (tried different textures too embarassed) but if its rice, spaghetti/macaroni, moimoi or anything else we eat, u ll c him opening mouth & chewing happily wt his 2 teeth.. being a mom no b beans ooo!

U r lucky he's opening his mouth to adult food oo, try to time his meal 3 hourly then u increase gradually as he grows. My 11months old baby is so bent on breastmilk.. sucks all nite and wil nt accept any solid food as long as he want to suck.. they wil grow out of it, it's a gradual process.. joy and pain of motherhood, pray God reward us bountifully

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by vickilafab(f): 11:25am On Jan 19, 2015
kaffy4bill:

U r lucky he's opening his mouth to adult food oo, try to time his meal 3 hourly then u increase gradually as he grows. My 11months old baby is so bent on breastmilk.. sucks all nite and wil nt accept any solid food as long as he want to suck.. they wil grow out of it, it's a gradual process.. joy and pain of motherhood, pray God reward us bountifully
amen o.. thanks alot sis, wil start timin his feedin. cant wait for him to grow out of it oooo.smiley
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by NoQualms1(f): 11:39am On Jan 19, 2015
kaffy4bill:

It's expensive oo, pls try give the child.I have a covered plan and hv nt taken my boy for it.. my bad

Thanks. I'm already thinking of taking her to a govt hospital. Try to take your boy for it on time o.

bossladyMo:

That's even cheap. It's 22,500 at the hospital I use.

Hmmm, the other two vaccines (OPV and penta) costed 3k, making 22.5k. Maybe we use the same hospital, lol.
vickilafab:
paid 16,500 when my son took his. pneumoccocal is 10k in my hospital. i hear its 8k in govt hosp. pls try o.. very impt vaccines. my neighbours almost 2 yr old kid is yet to walk cos of pneumonia (so d mom said)

Thanks. I will give her before this week runs out. I was told she will take it three times, imagine 19.5k times 3. It is well o.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jan 19, 2015
NoQualms1:

Thanks. I'm already thinking of taking her to a govt hospital. Try to take your boy for it on time o.

Hmmm, the other two vaccines (OPV and penta) costed 3k, making 22.5k. Maybe we use the same hospital, lol.

Thanks. I will give her before this week runs out. I was told she will take it three times, imagine 19.5k times 3. It is well o.

My health insurance covers the others, so the 22,500 is just for the Pneumococcal and Rotavirus.

Ensure she takes it complete ooo. People end up spending more than that on Rotaviral infections (a common deadly infections in kids aged 1-3), and pneumonia and ear infections. She is to take 4 pneumococcal vaccines and 3 rotavirus.

The 4th pneumococcal vaccine is to be taken at 12-15mths or so. Check the book.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by BryDario(f): 12:12pm On Jan 19, 2015
[quote author=vickilafab post=29927114] abi.. thanks a lot. pls ow often do u feed ur LO wt d adult food? & breastfeeeding too? because my son is rily hooked on breasstmilk dat am wondering how I'll wean him successfully.

My baby is always eating...if his not chewing his mouth he is sleeping*lool*.he feeds himself ,i give him finger food(something he can pick from his plate with his hand; biscuit,irish,sweetpotatoe,yam)i put it in a bowl
Or on his mat
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by BryDario(f): 12:24pm On Jan 19, 2015
vickilafab:

Since he takes adult food,just settle for that.noticed my baby dont like me feeding him so i usually put the food in his plate and place it in front of him,he Picks from the plate or the mat to eat.he sucks just 1or2twice in the afternoon(if he wants to sleep)4 to 5tyms @ night till day break.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by vickilafab(f): 12:56pm On Jan 19, 2015
NoQualms1:

its worth it though. see d attached. PCV is 4 times

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lovinam: 12:59pm On Jan 19, 2015
Lol. They grow so fast, na walking we de on top o. Lo don de stand without holding anything
BryDario:

Wow,thought i was the only one*lol*.my baby is 9months+ too with 8teeth.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by vickilafab(f): 1:05pm On Jan 19, 2015
BryDario:
[/quote]
BryDario post=29929389:
BryDario:

Since he takes adult food,just settle for that.noticed my baby dont like me feeding him so i usually put the food in his plate and place it in front of him,he Picks from the plate or the mat to eat.he sucks just 1or2twice in the afternoon(if he wants to sleep)4 to 5tyms @ night till day break.
[quote author=BryDario post=29929389]
such an interesting young man u av.. always chewing..lol. my son somtyms doesn't want me to feed him too so I do put d food in his plate bt he ends up scattering it all over and rubbin his whole body wt it & if u sit him in his chair, so so cry cry. I don't breastfeed during d day xcept am tired, I usually back him when he wants to sleep bt at night, no b carryover- usually 2x or 3x
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by vickilafab(f): 1:12pm On Jan 19, 2015
lovinam:
Lol. They grow so fast, na walking we de on top o. Lo don de stand without holding anything
same here too o. even dancin while standing

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by glo12(f): 2:48pm On Jan 19, 2015
feeding my 6 month old baby with friso gold rice based cereal. but i noticed his poo is green. pls is it normal or shld i stop giving him?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by vickilafab(f): 4:53pm On Jan 19, 2015
glo12:
feeding my 6 month old baby with friso gold rice based cereal. but i noticed his poo is green. pls is it normal or shld i stop giving him?
he may be teething.. can u describe the poo? how many times does he poo a day? how long nw? are u still breastfeedin?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kentochi(m): 5:43pm On Jan 19, 2015
Good evening happy mother
My daughter have been very sick of late.
She have been sheeting and vomiting since last week friday. But the wost is her cry she cry every minute and it make her to loss strength seriously.pls I need help on what to use for her to gain strength.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kaffy4bill(f): 8:11pm On Jan 19, 2015
kentochi:
Good evening happy mother
My daughter have been very sick of late.
She have been sheeting and vomiting since last week friday. But the wost is her cry she cry every minute and it make her to loss strength seriously.pls I need help on what to use for her to gain strength.

Pls take her to thhe hosp for management
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kentochi(m): 8:51pm On Jan 19, 2015
kaffy4bill:

Pls take her to thhe hosp for management

Have done that .
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rezzy: 8:55pm On Jan 19, 2015
NoQualms1:
I took my baby for vaccination today and was told Rotavirus and pneumoccocal is N19,500. Please is it that expensive everywhere? I couldn't give her because I didn't have that much?

Yes, my hospital is even 21,500

(1) (2) (3) ... (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.