Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,888 members, 7,814,007 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (137) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4397083 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jovids: 12:00pm On Dec 26, 2014
MojAyo:
what kind of oat,my dear,yeah its nt easy bt what can I do,I gave him one and half egg yolk yesterday and he collected it vry well,though he was crying while I was giving him,I think becos egg yolk doesn't ve any lump there,dats why he didn't choke on it or vomit,being a mother is nt easy,bt I think its our job to take care of them and see dat they re okay,dats our job as mothers,may God give us more strengths to take care of them as we wants,merry xmas everybody
You can try quaker oat. Also try custard too. Have u tried semo and amala too. Make it very soft and give him little at a time. My baby loves it. The Lord is ur strenght.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by shilees(f): 2:19pm On Dec 26, 2014
I want to digress a bit. Is it true that putting bosom milk in a baby's eyes will make them clear? My MIL just said I should start putting it in my baby's eyes. I know I won't do it though. It's just new to me and that's why I'm asking.

U do not need to put breast milk in his eyes, the eyes will clear gradually by itself, I remember my MIL also told me to do dat buh I dint, cos I asked d doc and she said I should not put anything. God bless us,our children and our husbands.have a great holiday.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by vickilafab(f): 3:51pm On Dec 26, 2014
tchiwinnie:
my dear, i think its better u c sm1 do it. d method is said nt to b safe tho it works for sone babies. so its better u see how its done than just description
ok, thanks smiley
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by vickilafab(f): 4:04pm On Dec 26, 2014
MojAyo:
I think maybe u should read up what someone says about it killing a child,u must be vry careful,what kind of food re u trying to feed ur baby to eat,why dnt u forcefeed urs with a spoon,I do forcefeed mine with a spoon,becos he doesn't want to eat at all,bt I gave him in little quantity,so dat he won't vomit,I think ur baby is teething,which is also doing mine,try to give him what he like most for now,I do give my baby cerelac becos he like it so much,though its expensive,bt what can I do
tnx my sister, I read d sad incident. but then, it's me d mother dat wil b doin d feedin.. I do forcefeed wt spoon just dt dis method seems fastersmiley
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by vickilafab(f): 4:07pm On Dec 26, 2014
Merry Christmas to all the super moms and dads of this thread. may d new year usher in beautiful things. happy holidays!

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 5:38pm On Dec 26, 2014
jovids:

You can try quaker oat. Also try custard too. Have u tried semo and amala too. Make it very soft and give him little at a time. My baby loves it. The Lord is ur strenght.
okay,I will try quaker oats ,I think dat will be fine,I will find some time to prepare semo and ewedu for him
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 5:39pm On Dec 26, 2014
vickilafab:
tnx my sister, I read d sad incident. but then, it's me d mother dat wil b doin d feedin.. I do forcefeed wt spoon just dt dis method seems fastersmiley
okay,bt dnt try it
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by vickilafab(f): 12:21am On Dec 27, 2014
MojAyo:
okay,bt dnt try it
lol.. tnx
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by NoQualms1(f): 1:22pm On Dec 27, 2014
shilees:

U do not need to put breast milk in his eyes, the eyes will clear gradually by itself, I remember my MIL also told me to do dat buh I dint, cos I asked d doc and she said I should not put anything. God bless us,our children and our husbands.have a great holiday.

Thanks.

Sabi mamas, what can I use to clean my baby's nostrils? I thought of using cotton swabs but they are almost bigger than her nostrils. Also, how can I cut her fingernails? They are sharp and she uses it to scratch my skin sometimes.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rezzy: 6:27pm On Dec 27, 2014
NoQualms1:
Good day sabi people. My 16-day old daughter stools too often. It's almost an hour thing, if she passes gas, poop comes out with it. I went to the doctor to complain twice, he said it's normal. Yesterday, I noticed the inner part of her bottom at the back is red. As at this morning, it has turned to a wound.

Whenever she poops, she cries with all her energy and I believe it's the wound paining her. Same with if I touch that place. Please, what can I do to make the wound heal and fast? Thank you.

Did you do anything different to stop the frequent poo?

My baby is approaching 7 weeks and poo everytime he feeds and its kinda watering and has whitish kind of seed in it, sometimes its foamy. Im tired of it joor. Its 9 days since it started.

Sometimes, just when he sneezes or farts, little poo will jump out.

Pls, wht should i do?.
@jam04, i need response from u too.

Thanks all
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rezzy: 6:31pm On Dec 27, 2014
NoQualms1:

Thanks.

Sabi mamas, what can I use to clean my baby's nostrils? I thought of using cotton swabs but they are almost bigger than her nostrils. Also, how can I cut her fingernails? They are sharp and she uses it to scratch my skin sometimes.

Her face would be red by now from her scratch. You cut it when you are feeding her or when she is asleep with nail cutter.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by clily: 8:45pm On Dec 27, 2014
Season Greetings to all mamas here..pls my one year plus daughter is developing bow leg, hv noticed it when turned one..what am I my gonna do to correct it, its not genetical at all..should I introduce cod liver oil to her, any suggestions. Thanxt
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by NoQualms1(f): 11:26pm On Dec 27, 2014
rezzy:

My baby is approaching 7 weeks and poo everytime he feeds and its kinda watering and has whitish kind of seed in it, sometimes its foamy. Im tired of it joor. Its 9 days since it started.

Pls, wht should i do?.

Thanks all

A paediatrician recommended ORS and baby zinc. I used it for a day or two but stopped when I didn't see the effect. She still poops a lot but it has reduced compared to then.

God is your strength. Please, when you get a solution, I'll like to know.

@rezzy, thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rezzy: 11:41pm On Dec 27, 2014
NoQualms1:

A paediatrician recommended ORS and baby zinc. I used it for a day or two but stopped when I didn't see the effect. She still poops a lot but it has reduced compared to then.

God is your strength. Please, when you get a solution, I'll like to know.

@rezzy, thanks

Amen. Thanks

Okay
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jam04(m): 11:46pm On Dec 27, 2014
rezzy:

Pls, wht should i do?.

Thanks all

Your baby look normal to me. The poo pattern(seedlike and co) are normal for his age. I guess he is breast fed..huh? Do you change your diet recently? How wet is his diaper during his routine diaper change? Is it same wetness or there is reduction in the urine soaked diaper?

I assume the poo isn't overtly smelly and the baby weight isn't reduced.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jam04(m): 11:47pm On Dec 27, 2014
clily:
Season Greetings to all mamas here..pls my one year plus daughter is developing bow leg, hv noticed it when turned one..what am I my gonna do to correct it, its not genetical at all..should I introduce cod liver oil to her, any suggestions. Thanxt

Introduce her to calcium rich food and engage her in appropriate motor skills.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rezzy: 11:58pm On Dec 27, 2014
jam04:

Your baby look normal to me. The poo pattern(seedlike and co) are normal for his age. I guess he is breast fed..huh? Do you change your diet recently? How wet is his diaper during his routine diaper change? Is it same wetness or there is reduction in the urine soaked diaper?

I assume the poo isn't overtly smelly and the baby weight isn't reduced.

He is breastfed. I only stopped taking tea. The wetness of his diaper is the same.
Sometimes, his poo doesnt smell but this evening own smelled but not too badly. He isnt losing weight.

Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jam04(m): 4:59am On Dec 28, 2014
rezzy:

He is breastfed. I only stopped taking tea. The wetness of his diaper is the same.
Sometimes, his poo doesnt smell but this evening own smelled but not too badly. He isnt losing weight.

Thanks

Your baby is fine and don't give him any medication just make sure he is well breast fed.....is he taking water?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 7:42am On Dec 28, 2014
clily:

Get seven seas cod liver oil, it works.

Also give her calcium-rich foods.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rezzy: 10:51am On Dec 28, 2014
jam04:

Your baby is fine and don't give him any medication just make sure he is well breast fed.....is he taking water?

yes, I started giving him last week.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jam04(m): 11:15am On Dec 28, 2014
rezzy:

yes, I started giving him last week.

Okay just make sure it is a distilled or boiled water. your baby is fine cheesy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rezzy: 11:19am On Dec 28, 2014
jam04:

Okay just make sure it is a distilled or boiled water. your baby is fine cheesy

Thanks so much.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by okoval2(m): 12:44pm On Dec 28, 2014
Compliment of d season to all mum and dad in d house,pls my 14 months baby girl gets startled easily recently,she gets really scared from any sound even from a phone ringing tone,sound of a car...pls is this normal Though we traveled recently to Lagos for Xmas season....please ur response will be appreciated.. Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by favoredgal: 3:21pm On Dec 28, 2014
okoval2:
Compliment of d season to all mum and dad in d house,pls my 14 months baby girl gets scared easily recently,she gets really scared from any sound even from a phone ringing tone,sound of a car...pls is this normal Though we traveled recently to Lagos for Xmas season....please ur response will be appreciated.. Thanks

Scared or startled
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by contactlahrie(f): 4:12pm On Dec 28, 2014
Compliments of d season Nairalanders...I'm a 1st time mum&resuming work tomorrow after maternity leave.as much as I like to work and want to earn an income, I don't want to go back to my bank job cos it's very stressful, I don't av a specific closing time&i feel bad that I won't av time for my baby.i av tried applying for jobs but no show.b cos I work in operations, we resume 7.15am and Can close anytime from 7pm.so dt means I'll probably leave d house 6am and may not b back home till 9th or later so how do I av family time. I know that's how lagos life is but I'm not happy with this and my hubby doesn't want me to resign until I find another job. Truth is I can't attend interviews cos in d last 1yr iv had interviews I couldn't go for because of d nature of my job.im just so confused. Wish a miracle cld happen before tomorrow morning so that I won't have to go back to work. I'm thankful I av a job to go to nd grateful for God's blessings but if u r not in my shoes u may not understand this feeling. What can I do?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by okoval2(m): 5:20pm On Dec 28, 2014
favoredgal:

Scared or startled
Yea startled
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jam04(m): 6:11pm On Dec 28, 2014
contactlahrie:
Compliments of d season Nairalanders...I'm a 1st time mum&resuming work tomorrow after maternity leave.as much as I like to work and want to earn an income, I don't want to go back to my bank job cos it's very stressful, I don't av a specific closing time&i feel bad that I won't av time for my baby.i av tried applying for jobs but no show.b cos I work in operations, we resume 7.15am and Can close anytime from 7pm.so dt means I'll probably leave d house 6am and may not b back home till 9th or later so how do I av family time. I know that's how lagos life is but I'm not happy with this and my hubby doesn't want me to resign until I find another job. Truth is I can't attend interviews cos in d last 1yr iv had interviews I couldn't go for because of d nature of my job.im just so confused. Wish a miracle cld happen before tomorrow morning so that I won't have to go back to work. I'm thankful I av a job to go to nd grateful for God's blessings but if u r not in my shoes u may not understand this feeling. What can I do?
Find a good creche close to your work place. The creche should be as close as possible so that you can stroll in anytime to check on your baby.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by contactlahrie(f): 6:52pm On Dec 28, 2014
jam04:

Find a good creche close to your work place. The creche should be as close as possible so that you can stroll in anytime to check on your baby.

The problem is not finding a creche but we're not allowed to go out during work hours that's y I said it's hard to change jobs cos I can't even attend interviews unless I make up a story to leave work.my baby is going
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lovinam: 7:53pm On Dec 28, 2014
Na wa o. Which kain bank job be that? I know banks that give mothers time to go home and breastfeed their babies. I wonder why yours don't have same rule. You either go home or someone brings d baby to you. Ask in your office cos its possible its allowed
contactlahrie:

The problem is not finding a creche but we're not allowed to go out during work hours that's y I said it's hard to change jobs cos I can't even attend interviews unless I make up a story to leave work.my baby is going
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by clily: 11:15pm On Dec 28, 2014
bossladyMo:

Get seven seas cod liver oil, it works.

Also give her calcium-rich foods.
Thankz for ur response. If I buy d seven seas cod liver oil, how am I going 2 be giving her d doses
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by clily: 11:19pm On Dec 28, 2014
jam04:

Introduce her to calcium rich food and engage her in appropriate motor skills.
Thanx Jam04, buh I realy get what u mean by motor skills
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:26pm On Dec 28, 2014
clily:
Thankz for ur response. If I buy d seven seas cod liver oil, how am I going 2 be giving her d doses

Check the directions on the pack.

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.