Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,005 members, 7,821,524 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:18 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (146) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4410473 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by favoredgal: 5:17pm On Jan 27, 2015
kaffy4bill:

Nt all children eat much plus children shld b dewormed every 3months so wen was d last time u did one for the boy.

Every 6 months not 3

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jan 27, 2015
franky2013:

Sure all formulas cant be the same. I'm using Similac for my baby, but still wondering if is as good as Enfamil cos the later is more expensive, i got similac for 8k, also i just change to cerelac since she wasnt taking the gerber cereal very well, though i really dont like that cerelac thing #wink# dont mind ooo. Hope i'm good to go with it?

Cerelac is very good also. My son took Gerber, the imported cerelac, Heinz, and Purity
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kaffy4bill(f): 6:12pm On Jan 27, 2015
tobiaboG:
hello evry1, hw is our LO, d Lord is our strenght. Pls it seems my 3wks old girl is having nasal blockage wot can i use.

They r nose breathers ooo, pls take to the hosp.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tobiaboG: 6:30pm On Jan 27, 2015
kaffy4bill:

They r nose breathers ooo, pls take to the hosp.
okay,thks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lovinam: 6:34pm On Jan 27, 2015
I don't think its excema sha but I don't know what it is. Have you found a treatment for it? I'm sorry for the late reply.
MumZ:

Abeg make una ans me o, kaffy4bill, lovinam n anybody wit an idea o. If I know d English name I can Google it. Tanks.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Vanije: 7:04pm On Jan 27, 2015
Hello Fellow mums, How una dey?

I just thought I should share this with y'all:
How A bulky Uterus Affects Chances of having A baby,: http://www.trendyhealthworld.com/bulky-uterus-and-your-chances-of-having-a-baby/

Just stay informed and use it to help others.
Cheers!

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by NoQualms1(f): 9:17pm On Jan 27, 2015
MumZ:

OK, tanks, used sudocream wen deer was rash on her cheek, d rash cleared bt left a light spot. Dats where d lightness started spreading 4rm 2 oda side of her face.

Sudocrem did the same to my baby's bum. The parts that I applied it to became lighter. After some days, the Sudocrem stopped working for the rash sef.

Sorry, I don't have an idea of what is on your baby's face.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MumZ(f): 10:17pm On Jan 27, 2015
lovinam:
I don't think its excema sha but I don't know what it is. Have you found a treatment for it? I'm sorry for the late reply.

Thanks 4 ur input. No iv not used nytn yet. Just thinking maybe it ll fade off n blend wit her skin tone later since deer is no rash.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MumZ(f): 10:22pm On Jan 27, 2015
NoQualms1:

Sudocrem did the same to my baby's bum. The parts that I applied it to became lighter. After some days, the Sudocrem stopped working for the rash sef.

Sorry, I don't have an idea of what is on your baby's face.

I only used sudocreme twice on her face cos she rubs her face n can put d hand in her mouth, so I stood. D rash cleared bt d lightness remained n spread 2 some part of her face. Well let me c if it ll fade off after a while.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ijeoma2728(f): 3:27am On Jan 28, 2015
favoredgal:

I'll say listen to your dr. Except you don't have confidence in him, then change him.

With regards to your son, have you tried increasing the portions? Did he resist? Try and stretch the time he has in btw feeds, it might make him eat more. You can start by making it 3.5 hrs, then 4 hrs, then 4.5. Give him a light snack like yoghurt or biscuit in btw but not a full meal.

Also try and put him on a consistent routine if you haven't already (whereby you feed him at the same time everyday)

Thanks everyone, his on a routine already and once its meal time and I don't feed him, he becomes rily cranky.
I've tried to increase it but he throws up after taking extra.he doest even lyk snack sef just cheese ball and his favorite drink is water.
Kaffybill I've not dewormed at all.I think I will just let him be, but its not easy embarassed feeding him up to 5- 6 tyms daily
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by PeyButtons(f): 8:44am On Jan 28, 2015
Hello Fathers and Mothers, my baby just clock 6 months old and I've stop giving her SMA Gold 0-6 mnths. Pls can I give her Peak 123? Thanks!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ayobarmy(m): 9:28am On Jan 28, 2015
ayobarmy:
hello everyone longest time, how are ur kids doing?
So u una no dey respond to greetings for here, don't you know am the "father" of all the babies on this thread?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tobiaboG: 10:16am On Jan 28, 2015
ayobarmy:
So u una no dey respond to greetings for here, don't you know am the "father" of all the babies on this thread?
Baba babies sorry, agba ti o bi nu ni omo re po. We ar doing grt
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 10:17am On Jan 28, 2015
PeyButtons:
Hello Fathers and Mothers, my baby just clock 6 months old and I've stop giving her SMA Gold 0-6 mnths. Pls can I give her Peak 123? Thanks!

NO!!!!

Pls buy SMA progress...that is the next stage. Peak 123, as the name connotes, is for ages 1-3.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by PeyButtons(f): 10:23am On Jan 28, 2015
bossladyMo:

NO!!!!

Pls buy SMA progress...that is the next stage. Peak 123, as the name connotes, is for ages 1-3.

Thanks, pls do u av an idea about the price? Is the SMA Progress the same as SMA Follow-up? Tnks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rezzy: 10:49am On Jan 28, 2015
ayobarmy:

FINE SIR, HOW IS LIFE WITH YOU?

THANKS FOR CHECKING
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by franky2013(f): 10:50am On Jan 28, 2015
bossladyMo:

Cerelac is very good also. My son took Gerber, the imported cerelac, Heinz, and Purity

thanks alot, the cerelac i bought is wheat, banana and milk, does it mean i dont have to add formula to it? how is the imported cerelac like? what's the difference? lolll too many question.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by franky2013(f): 11:05am On Jan 28, 2015
MumZ:

OK, tanks, used sudocream wen deer was rash on her cheek, d rash cleared bt left a light spot. Dats where d lightness started spreading 4rm 2 oda side of her face.

oops...... and it works well for my baby, i still use it for her whenever she has rash, could there b fake? anyways you can try the darktarin also.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FINA4804(f): 11:24am On Jan 28, 2015
Peak 123 is from age 1 to 3. There is Sma follow on and the price is between 1900 and 2000. Then big cup between 3400 and 3500 this price is for the Uk sma but the nigeria own maybe more than this in price. But no difference both are the same depending on the one available around you
PeyButtons:
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FINA4804(f): 11:26am On Jan 28, 2015
No vex, we are all fine. How are the children and wifey
ayobarmy:
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FINA4804(f): 11:28am On Jan 28, 2015
If you like you can add milk, depending on what you want. The banana you bought Is part of the foreign one
franky2013:

thanks alot, the cerelac i bought is wheat, banana and milk, does it mean i dont have to add formula to it? how is the imported cerelac like? what's the difference? lolll too many question.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by franky2013(f): 11:40am On Jan 28, 2015
FINA4804:
If you like you can add milk, depending on what you want. The banana you bought Is part of the foreign one

thanks thanks n thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jan 28, 2015
PeyButtons:

Thanks, pls do u av an idea about the price? Is the SMA Progress the same as SMA Follow-up? Tnks

I don't know. But whatever it is, the appropriate age will be written on the can.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jan 28, 2015
franky2013:

I don't know the difference...but you can add milk if you want to make it richer (especially if your kid isn't a big eater).
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by PeyButtons(f): 1:47pm On Jan 28, 2015
bossladyMo:

I don't know. But whatever it is, the appropriate age will be written on the can.

Thanks, I will check it out
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by franky2013(f): 2:08pm On Jan 28, 2015
[quote author=bossladyMo post=30211227]

I don't know the difference...but you can add milk if you want to make it richer (especially if your kid isn't a big eater).

many thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lovinam: 3:09pm On Jan 28, 2015
My dear stop worrying yourself. My baby's favorite drink is water,keep giving him small meals. Try crackers biscuit if u can't find baby biscuit. Cheese balls is not ideal for babies
ijeoma2728:

Thanks everyone, his on a routine already and once its meal time and I don't feed him, he becomes rily cranky.
I've tried to increase it but he throws up after taking extra.he doest even lyk snack sef just cheese ball and his favorite drink is water.
Kaffybill I've not dewormed at all.I think I will just let him be, but its not easy embarassed feeding him up to 5- 6 tyms daily

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MumZ(f): 3:09pm On Jan 28, 2015
franky2013:

oops...... and it works well for my baby, i still use it for her whenever she has rash, could there b fake? anyways you can try the darktarin also.

It worked fine 4 d rash, her face is very smooth. Its d artificial lightness left behind dat I'm tinking of how 2 clear.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by TeamLightSkin(f): 9:26pm On Jan 28, 2015
lovinam:
My dear stop worrying yourself. My baby's favorite drink is water,keep giving him small meals. Try crackers biscuit if u can't find baby biscuit. Cheese balls is not ideal for babies

Pls, can u talk more on this? My 1yo niece loves cheese balls. Is it really bad for them?
*40% DISCOUNT ALERT!*
click d links in my signature & website to get an amazing 40% discount on KOJIE SAN lotion, face cream, soap, Dream white soap, Papaya soap & the very scarce Kojie san SERUM or simply search for it on Dealdey
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lovinam: 9:47pm On Jan 28, 2015
Its free in some states ie pneumoccocal. I read online Anambra state is giving it for free.
vickilafab:
paid 16,500 when my son took his. pneumoccocal is 10k in my hospital. i hear its 8k in govt hosp. pls try o.. very impt vaccines. my neighbours almost 2 yr old kid is yet to walk cos of pneumonia (so d mom said)
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Gr8fulHeart(f): 9:58pm On Jan 28, 2015
Gdevening supermom"s. Pls I nid clarification. My 3months baby has cradle cap, I noticed if I peel it off, d hair pulls of too, as a result der r a lot of spaces of baldness on the head.
I also noticed dt d back hair has parted in2 creating a wide space inbetwen.
Mama"s wat cn I do? I use oilve oil 4d hair. Wt cream cn I use to mk the hair curly and bouncy cos the hair looks too scanty and not soft @ all. Thanks y"all
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:23pm On Jan 28, 2015
Gr8fulHeart:
Gdevening supermom"s. Pls I nid clarification. My 3months baby has cradle cap, I noticed if I peel it off, d hair pulls of too, as a result der r a lot of spaces of baldness on the head.
I also noticed dt d back hair has parted in2 creating a wide space inbetwen.
Mama"s wat cn I do? I use oilve oil 4d hair. Wt cream cn I use to mk the hair curly and bouncy cos the hair looks too scanty and not soft @ all. Thanks y"all

Number 1 - Stop washing your baby's hair everyday. Just get a good conditioning shampoo for babies, and wash just once a week. Washing the hair everyday will harden the hair, as it strips it of its natural oils.

Number 2 - Pls don't tell me you just peel the cradle cap from the scalp without softening with oil first....do you? What you should do is apply olive oil generously over the hair, leave for about 15-20mins, then take a fine-toothed comb (picking comb), and gently edge it off the scalp.

Number 3 - The hair loss at the middle of the head is quite normal...I call it 'The Halo' lol. It's because the hair is still tender and pulls off when babies are laid on their back or sides and move their heads from left to right. That's why the top part and lower back doesn't experience it...just the middle that frictions with the bed. It will grow back.

Number 4 -Olive oil is good, but get shea butter. You can mix the shea butter with olive oil or coconut oil.

So far, my daughter's hair is still bouncy and curly...infact over curl dey worry am so tey, it appears short until you comb it out. I wash her hair just once a week, and use shea butter + olive oil. She also had cradle cap, but it is gone now, and no patches. She has the halo also, but it is not bad at all...I guess the shea plus olive oil combo strengthened the hair. She is 3 months too.

My son had lots of hair when he was younger, and I used to wash it everyday...not knowing the dangers, and I also never used any shea butter, olive oil or coconut oil. At 3 months, his hair was already thick and not curly at all...and the halo he had was very obvious.

The difference in hair care for both kids, made me realise the above tips work well.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.