Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:04 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (147) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4408556 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by afamgod(f): 4:06am On Jan 29, 2015
Good day mothers, pls i need urgent help. There is always a yellowish color each time i clean my baby's umbilical stump and she cries also. I think its an infection. We 've to been to the doctor and he recommended ampiclox (drop), paracetamol and vitamin c. Does anyone have an idea of what i should do or use, pls do come to our rescue. Those tears hurts me badly. She's eight days old. Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Gr8fulHeart(f): 4:55am On Jan 29, 2015
bossladyMo:

Number 1 - Stop washing your baby's hair everyday. Just get a good conditioning shampoo for babies, and wash just once a week. Washing the hair everyday will harden the hair, as it strips it of its natural oils.

Number 2 - Pls don't tell me you just peel the cradle cap from the scalp without softening with oil first....do you? What you should do is apply olive oil generously over the hair, leave for about 15-20mins, then take a fine-toothed comb (picking comb), and gently edge it off the scalp.

Number 3 - The hair loss at the middle of the head is quite normal...I call it 'The Halo' lol. It's because the hair is still tender and pulls off when babies are laid on their back or sides and move their heads from left to right. That's why the top part and lower back doesn't experience it...just the middle that frictions with the bed. It will grow back.

Number 4 -Olive oil is good, but get shea butter. You can mix the shea butter with olive oil or coconut oil.

So far, my daughter's hair is still bouncy and curly...infact over curl dey worry am so tey, it appears short until you comb it out. I wash her hair just once a week, and use shea butter + olive oil. She also had cradle cap, but it is gone now, and no patches. She has the halo also, but it is not bad at all...I guess the shea plus olive oil combo strengthened the hair. She is 3 months too.

My son had lots of hair when he was younger, and I used to wash it everyday...not knowing the dangers, and I also never used any shea butter, olive oil or coconut oil. At 3 months, his hair was already thick and not curly at all...and the halo he had was very obvious.

The difference in hair care for both kids, made me realise the above tips work well.

Thnks a lot bosslady. I don't just peel d cradle cap alone, I use olive oil to mk it soft first b4 using comb to pick it.
Whn u say washing hair once a week do u mean not washing d hair at all whn bathing d baby or not allowing water touch d hair and then use shampoo once a week? Wt shampoo do u use pls? Thnks once again
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lovinam: 6:54am On Jan 29, 2015
Yes not washing hair with shampoo. I don't even allow water touch my Lo's hair when bathing him except on hair washing day. Which maybe twice a week but more of weekly. I use johnson no tears shampoo. If the hair is tough try to get cream oil. Its oil but looks like lotion. It softens d hair so its easy to comb
Gr8fulHeart:

Thnks a lot bosslady. I don't just peel d cradle cap alone, I use olive oil to mk it soft first b4 using comb to pick it.
Whn u say washing hair once a week do u mean not washing d hair at all whn bathing d baby or not allowing water touch d hair and then use shampoo once a week? Wt shampoo do u use pls? Thnks once again
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 7:16am On Jan 29, 2015
Gr8fulHeart:

Don't pour water over the hair at all, except that once a week you wash it. Of course, a bit of water here and there is inevitable, especially around the edge of the hairline.

I use a Just for You product....but you can use any good brand you see....just ensure it is a conditioning shampoo, and not just a shampoo.

Foe the cradle cap, you can instead use a soft-bristled brush...and juat brush the scalp with it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 7:18am On Jan 29, 2015
afamgod:
Good day mothers, pls i need urgent help. There is always a yellowish color each time i clean my baby's umbilical stump and she cries also. I think its an infection. We 've to been to the doctor and he recommended ampiclox (drop), paracetamol and vitamin c. Does anyone have an idea of what i should do or use, pls do come to our rescue. Those tears hurts me badly. She's eight days old. Thanks

Awwww....sowiiii!!! How come it got infected now? Pls be more careful with your next baby.

Just follow what the doctor gave you, and wnsyre you clean the stump with rubbing alcohol (spirit) every 3hours. Also, complete the dosage of the antibiotics...it will go.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kaffy4bill(f): 9:12am On Jan 29, 2015
afamgod:

Ensure u clean regularly wit methylated spirit 2-3hourly and make sure the stump is nt in the daiper so it doesn't get stuck. Complete d dose of antibiotics and oda drugs. Its well
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Gr8fulHeart(f): 9:35am On Jan 29, 2015
@lovinam and bosslady, big hugs to u. To think I wash d hair morning and evening whn bathing baby. Chai, I don lost tay tay.
Lovinam biko wich one b cream lotion? Wetin b d name gon gon, is it cream lotion dts written on d body. If I no see wat oda alternative cn I use to soften d hair sins its now a weekly shampoo washing? No fezz for d plnty questn

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by oladejiseun: 10:29am On Jan 29, 2015
I would like to know the English word for
the following;
Eela, alefo & best way to treat them in an
infant respectively.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lovinam: 10:44am On Jan 29, 2015
Nne abeg no vex I was in a hurry typing it. Its baby oil but in a lotion form. When I get home I will check the name and let you know. The container is white, the oil is white too. Its a US/ turkey product.
Gr8fulHeart:
@lovinam and bosslady, big hugs to u. To think I wash d hair morning and evening whn bathing baby. Chai, I don lost tay tay.
Lovinam biko wich one b cream lotion? Wetin b d name gon gon, is it cream lotion dts written on d body. If I no see wat oda alternative cn I use to soften d hair sins its now a weekly shampoo washing? No fezz for d plnty questn
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rezzy: 11:27am On Jan 29, 2015
lovinam:
Yes not washing hair with shampoo. I don't even allow water touch my Lo's hair when bathing him except on hair washing day. Which maybe twice a week but more of weekly. I use johnson no tears shampoo. If the hair is tough try to get cream oil. Its oil but looks like lotion. It softens d hair so its easy to comb

Pls what's the name of the cream oil. Hope it will work,? my baby hair is too much
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by franky2013(f): 11:50am On Jan 29, 2015
Waoooo what a cute baby, my baby's hair is much too but soft n curly
rezzy:

Pls what's the name of the cream oil. Hope it will work,? my baby hair is too much
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rezzy: 11:56am On Jan 29, 2015
franky2013:
Waoooo what a cute baby, my baby's hair is much too but soft n curly

Thanks. His hair is only soft in the morning.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lovinam: 12:25pm On Jan 29, 2015
I will let u know this evening. Your baby get hair o!! It works wella
rezzy:

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by imurboss: 12:37pm On Jan 29, 2015
@rezzy, ur baby is so cute.Kisses to him kiss

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rezzy: 4:59pm On Jan 29, 2015
imurboss:
@rezzy, ur baby is so cute.Kisses to him kiss

Thanks cool
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jam04(m): 5:41pm On Jan 29, 2015
afamgod:
hope you use alcohol based solvent for the cleaning..huh? also make sure the area is 'absolutely' dry always. also hope there are no redness around the place and she isnt running temp.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lovinam: 6:04am On Jan 30, 2015
The name is Angel of mine baby creamy oil( white plastic with light green cover)
rezzy:

Gr8fulHeart:

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by afamgod(f): 8:25am On Jan 30, 2015
@ bossladyMo, kaffy4bil, jam04. Thanks for your concerns and care. She's actually my third child, never experience this with my first two. I just keep wondering how i made this silly mistake. The stump fell off yesterday, though the navel still brings out pus, and she still cries each time i clean. she does not run temperature. I clean with moko methlylated spirit. Thanks.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by CharmyBliz: 12:23pm On Jan 30, 2015
mumz in da huz,.....my 7 weeks old has not pooed for 10 days. he releases smelly gas always.... wat do I do to make him poo? I be tried hot water on anus
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ahmanim: 3:45pm On Jan 30, 2015
CharmyBliz:
mumz in da huz,.....my 7 weeks old has not pooed for 10 days. he releases smelly gas always.... wat do I do to make him poo? I be tried hot water on anus

plz take him/her back to d hospital please
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by confun: 5:30pm On Jan 30, 2015
mothers pls help, my baby is 2 mths old, he's been having cattarh for some time, av used mentholatum, warm water, silver bird, vit c, bt ds cattarh has refused to go, its been there for more dan a week, and it disturbs my baby's sleep, I also use his cap always to prevent air entry into his ears, wat else can I do pls....tx
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jan 30, 2015
confun:
mothers pls help, my baby is 2 mths old, he's been having cattarh for some time, av used mentholatum, warm water, silver bird, vit c, bt ds cattarh has refused to go, its been there for more dan a week, and it disturbs my baby's sleep, I also use his cap always to prevent air entry into his ears, wat else can I do pls....tx

Change his bedsheets everyday
Watch out for things that trigger allergies e.g things you eat etc
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by confun: 8:45pm On Jan 30, 2015
ok, I'll try dt, tx
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by vickilafab(f): 10:54pm On Jan 30, 2015
lovinam:
Its free in some states ie pneumoccocal. I read online Anambra state is giving it for free.
that's really nice of d govt oooo

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by vickilafab(f): 11:04pm On Jan 30, 2015
Gr8fulHeart:
me too o..na so I been dey wash my baby hair oooo.. lovinam n bosslady, pls can I start dis now?? cos my son is 10 mnths nw & though his hair is full, its stubborn. .
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 2:32am On Jan 31, 2015
vickilafab:
me too o..na so I been dey wash my baby hair oooo.. lovinam n bosslady, pls can I start dis now?? cos my son is 10 mnths nw & though his hair is full, its stubborn. .

Shebi you will soon cut the hair? It can take some time to see the effects, after the damage has been done.

If you want to get it back, stop the everyday washing, then deep condition about 2x a week. You can deep-condition with a mix of shea butter and coconut oil, and apply generously. Then cover the hair for a few hours.

There is aleo this Henna mixture I have been hearing about. They say it makes the hair black and bouncy...never used it though. It is made by the makes of maigrow, and the reviews are good.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Gr8fulHeart(f): 6:02am On Jan 31, 2015
Lovinam, thnks a lot. lemme go and find d cream. Splndid weekend 2u

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lovinam: 10:39am On Jan 31, 2015
Johnson also has the product. Johnson baby creamy oil with shea butter.
Gr8fulHeart:
Lovinam, thnks a lot. lemme go and find d cream. Splndid weekend 2u
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rezzy: 11:04am On Jan 31, 2015
@lovinam, thanks. I would be going to the market today. Hope it's not too expensive?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lovinam: 12:07pm On Jan 31, 2015
I don't know the price it was a gift but budget 1k2 like most Johnson products.
rezzy:
@lovinam, thanks. I would be going to the market today. Hope it's not too expensive?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jboixxx: 9:36am On Feb 01, 2015
It's been a long time folks. How are my kids doing? Hugs to dem all. Mojayo, Gina,, lovinam, final,vicki', afam', jam04 & all other mamas & papas.

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.