Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,112 members, 7,814,900 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (148) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4398240 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lovinam: 10:43am On Feb 01, 2015
Where have you being hiding? We are all waxing strong
jboixxx:
It's been a long time folks. How are my kids doing? Hugs to dem all. Mojayo, Gina,, lovinam, final,vicki', afam', jam04 & all other mamas & papas.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rezzy: 5:44pm On Feb 01, 2015
@lovinam,

I didn't find it in the market.

I have not been able to post since yesterday.

My 11weeks old baby discovered his thumb last week and started sucking it aggressively,. He used to be cry cry that I have to carry him while doing house chore but since last week that he started sucking his thumb, his cry has reduced.

Some people told me to leave him and others said I should stop him. My Mil said I should use plaster or sucker. So I used the plaster on Friday. He cried throughout the night, he even woke up 3 am and refused to sleep.
So I gave him sucker yesterday but I don't know how safe it is.

Will the sucker stop him or should I plaster his hand.?

Pls mamas, what should I do to stop him? .
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lovinam: 6:18pm On Feb 01, 2015
Hahahahahahah story of my life. My baby sucks too, I'm not planing to stop him o. E beta he suck thumb than his mouth. You realise some babies suck in the womb so try till 2019 to stop them for wia, they wiull look for something else to suck. Keep giving him sucker( it didn't work for us). Try big supermarkets for the product.
rezzy:
@lovinam,

My 11weeks old baby discovered his thumb last week and started sucking it aggressively,. He used to be cry cry that I have to carry him while doing house chore but since last week that he started sucking his thumb, his cry has reduced.

Some people told me to leave him and others said I should stop him. My Mil said I should use plaster or sucker. So I used the plaster on Friday. He cried throughout the night, he even woke up 3 am and refused to sleep.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by favoredgal: 11:28pm On Feb 01, 2015
rezzy:
@lovinam,

Babies suck to soothe themselves and also to settle and fall asleep. If it's not the thumb it will be your boobs or the pacifier (sucker).

I will say go for the pacifier since he takes it and try to plaster his hands, cuz when he is older like two you can take the pacifier away and let him deal but you can't take his thumb away, therefore it will be very hard to get him to stop

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rezzy: 1:54pm On Feb 02, 2015
lovinam:
Hahahahahahah story of my life. My baby sucks too, I'm not planing to stop him o. E beta he suck thumb than his mouth. You realise some babies suck in the womb so try till 2019 to stop them for wia, they wiull look for something else to suck. Keep giving him sucker( it didn't work for us). Try big supermarkets for the product.

OK, I will check it.

Thanks ma

favoredgal:

Babies suck to soothe themselves and also to settle and fall asleep. If it's not the thumb it will be your boobs or the pacifier (sucker).
I will say go for the pacifier since he takes it and try to plaster his hands, cuz when he is older like two you can take the pacifier away and let him deal but you can't take his thumb away, therefore it will be very hard to get him to stop
[quote author=favoredgal post=30343474]

Thanks ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Gr8fulHeart(f): 10:15pm On Feb 02, 2015
Lovinam, I dint c d angel of mine oil. 4d johnson oil I was askd to check nxt week. @rezzy, ur own is just thumb. baby sucks both thumb and tongue. I wear hand-mittens on hand but it does not deter instead d hand mitten wil get soaked with spittle. As 4d tongue sucking dt one is done while sliping. Wat do I do? Note I hv bought 3 diff types of pacifiers, all are being rejected and pushed out of the mouth. I yaff tire
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lovinam: 10:36pm On Feb 02, 2015
My dear pls o allow her to suck thumb. Toungue sucking is difficult to stop. A lot of adult still suck tongue and mouth too. Thumb kpata kpata 4years. A lot of kids I know that suck tongue has speech issues o
Gr8fulHeart:
Lovinam, I dint c d angel of mine oil. 4d johnson oil I was askd to check nxt week. @rezzy, ur own is just thumb. My baby sucks both thumb and tongue. I wear hand-mittens on her hand but it does not deter her instead d hand mitten wil get soaked with spittle. As 4d tongue sucking dt one is done while sliping. Wat do I do? Note I hv bought 3 diff types of pacifiers, all are being rejected and pushed out of the mouth. I yaff tire

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jboixxx: 1:17am On Feb 03, 2015
lovinam:
Where have you being hiding? We are all waxing strong
Good to hear that. I've being around but not active on NL. Happy New Year! Better late than never.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jboixxx: 1:35am On Feb 03, 2015
lovinam:
My dear pls o allow her to suck thumb. Toungue sucking is difficult to stop. A lot of adult still suck tongue and mouth too. Thumb kpata kpata 4years. A lot of kids I know that suck tongue has speech issues o
Better to prevent/control b4 they are able to get more hand coordination. My boy does it when he's feeling sleepy or bored; we've tried hand-mitten,tapes, handkerchief but, nay, he'll remove it (no matter how tightly tied/knotted). So we either just let him, keep him busy or secure his hand & let him cry a river (which I just can't stand for long). He stops sucking sometimes when shown disapproval, but not all d time, and he does stop once he's asleep. 15mth old now.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Bootylicious(f): 1:35am On Feb 03, 2015
Lovely thread.. my little angel is 6 weeks old, when I delivered I dint Get milk flow immediately and the doc Gave us already made nan formula,i fed my baby with it for about 4 days b4 I Got milk and she was already used to the nan formula. Being a first time mom and no one around to tell us the best formula I sticked to nan but Goin tru d thread av read abt various formula,i want to knw which is the best Aldoe I breast feed abt 10 times daily and supplementing with formula. Attached is her pix,i also wanna knw if she looks healthy for her age.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Gr8fulHeart(f): 5:55am On Feb 03, 2015
@lovinam, so wht do I do to stop d tongue sucking.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lovinam: 6:26am On Feb 03, 2015
My dear I tried to stop my son but no way. I even bought different types of pacifier/sucker yet to now. I just let him suck o. My friend stopped her son and the boy switched to tongue sucking( one side sucking) I feel for her sha. Tongue sucking can make someone absent minded. My son sucks when he is bored too.
jboixxx:

Better to prevent/control b4 they are able to get more hand coordination. My boy does it when he's feeling sleepy or bored; we've tried hand-mitten,tapes, handkerchief but, nay, he'll remove it (no matter how tightly tied/knotted). So we either just let him, keep him busy or secure his hand & let him cry a river (which I just can't stand for long). He stops sucking sometimes when shown disapproval, but not all d time, and he does stop once he's asleep. 15mth old now.
Gr8fulHeart:
@lovinam, so wht do I do to stop d tongue sucking. She does dat only in her sleep. But for active moments in d day its thumb, evn when breastfeeding wil stil find a way to put thumb in mouth.
How do I stop d tongue sucking in d sleep pls?
My dear to tell you the truth I don't know. Maybe you should let her be since she only sucks while sleeping.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lovinam: 6:29am On Feb 03, 2015
Cute cute la cute baby! Kisses to her. I did EBF, but I'm using Aptamil now. No complaints yet.
Bootylicious:
Lovely thread.. my little angel is 6 weeks old, when I delivered I dint Get milk flow immediately and the doc Gave us already made nan formula,i fed my baby with it for about 4 days b4 I Got milk and she was already used to the nan formula. Being a first time mom and no one around to tell us the best formula I sticked to nan but Goin tru d thread av read abt various formula,i want to knw which is the best Aldoe I breast feed abt 10 times daily and supplementing with formula. Attached is her pix,i also wanna knw if she looks healthy for her age.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jboixxx: 6:41am On Feb 03, 2015
Gr8fulHeart: let her be if she only does that during her sleep time but kp using d hand-mitten. Who knows.
Bootylicious:
Attached is her pix,i also wanna knw if she looks healthy for her age.
My son is first on d queue o. wink

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ijeoma2728(f): 6:56am On Feb 03, 2015
jboixxx:
Gr8fulHeart: let her be if she only does that during her sleep time but kp using d hand-mitten. Who knows.
My son is first on d queue o. wink
I ve booked tey tey grin she knows we are already in-laws.
cool
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Bootylicious(f): 8:52am On Feb 03, 2015
Thanks dear, not that she Is reactin to Nan but frm dis thread I can tell people ain't into nan, so am thinkin I should switch
lovinam:
Cute cute la cute baby! Kisses to her. I did EBF, but I'm using Aptamil now. No complaints yet.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babe01: 8:54am On Feb 03, 2015
please where can i get cranberry juice in surulere, health plus don't have.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by favoredgal: 9:40am On Feb 03, 2015
Bootylicious:
Thanks dear, not that she Is reactin to Nan but frm dis thread I can tell people ain't into nan, so am thinkin I should switch

So because of what people on the thread are into or not into, you want to change something that's clearly working for you. Hmm
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lovinam: 11:31am On Feb 03, 2015
A lot of babies don't react to Nan. I think you should stick to Nan for now,maybe when baby grows a lil older you can switch. She is too tender for u to start experimenting.
Bootylicious:
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 12:15pm On Feb 03, 2015
Bootylicious:
i use nan

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rezzy: 12:20pm On Feb 03, 2015
Bootylicious:

She is cute ooooo. Humm, healthy, she is very healthy.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by phunmielomo(f): 12:28pm On Feb 03, 2015
Bootylicious:
bootylicious,i used nan and am still using nan2.heard nan tastes like breastmilk.dnt knw ow true sha.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 12:32pm On Feb 03, 2015
Bootylicious:

Except Nan vontains DHA, AHA/AA and a Probiotic formulation, I would recommend Enfamil or Aptamil. If your baby eats well, Aptamil is okay...but if he/she is a light eater, get Enfamil as it is richer.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by franky2013(f): 1:02pm On Feb 03, 2015
bossladyMo:

Except Nan vontains DHA, AHA/AA and a Probiotic formulation, I would recommend Enfamil or Aptamil. If your baby eats well, Aptamil is okay...but if he/she is a light eater, get Enfamil as it is richer.

frisolac contains those formulation too. but please is Similac as rich as Enfamil? i use Similac.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kaffy4bill(f): 2:29pm On Feb 03, 2015
Bootylicious:

U have a healthy baby, pls don't just change milk cos of wat pple say/think. Nt all babies tolerate same milk. Continue ur baby on the milk and continue breastfeeding. All the best

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 3:23pm On Feb 03, 2015
franky2013:

frisolac contains those formulation too. but please is Similac as rich as Enfamil? i use Similac.

Similac is very gpod too...but check the label for both products online.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by favoredgal: 5:48pm On Feb 03, 2015
Lol. Nan and SMA contain dhA and AA
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Bootylicious(f): 6:45pm On Feb 03, 2015
I just need to be sure nan is ok cos people ain't talkin abt It on dis thread
favoredgal:

So because of what people on the thread are into or not into, you want to change something that's clearly working for you. Hmm
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Bootylicious(f): 6:52pm On Feb 03, 2015
Lol
phunmielomo:

bootylicious,i used nan and am still using nan2.heard nan tastes like breastmilk.dnt knw ow true sha.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Bootylicious(f): 6:53pm On Feb 03, 2015
Thank you
kaffy4bill:

U have a healthy baby, pls don't just change milk cos of wat pple say/think. Nt all babies tolerate same milk. Continue ur baby on the milk and continue breastfeeding. All the best
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Bootylicious(f): 7:00pm On Feb 03, 2015
Thank you I'll stick to Nan for a while.
kaffy4bill:

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by franky2013(f): 10:35am On Feb 04, 2015
bossladyMo:

Similac is very gpod too...but check the label for both products online.

Alright, many thanks. i'll check now

(1) (2) (3) ... (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.