Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,101 members, 7,811,097 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:20 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1672) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4393147 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1669) (1670) (1671) (1672) (1673) (1674) (1675) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 1:20pm On Apr 20, 2018
You now didn't invite us for parry...na wa for you

Happy birthday in arrears to him

JGracious:
Akorkor and booqee.

Thank you. I yam mama bomboy o. I want a girl next sha.. vision 2020's wink

I was rejoicing with the ever witty mama aka giddyperson in the post I made earlier. her daughter turns 1 today.
We await her arrival here soon. she's preparing for birthday parry in her house.

incidentally my boy also turned 1 on 8th April.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by wowdiva: 1:20pm On Apr 20, 2018
nnekaike:
am going next week,I asked for direction in advance thanks a lot ma.

OK, try and get there on time, say by 7-8am so you can be amongst the first set of people to be attended to

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 1:42pm On Apr 20, 2018
There's no formula that exclusive babies like, babies are individials and their tastes vary. Me I suggest you try SMA Gold or Nan 1 first, before you go the Aptamil route. A tin of formula will end up lasting 5 to 6 days, if you can sustain the cost of Aptamil at that rate carry go

Note that baby won't accept it immediately...don't try once and give up. Pele and congrats on the job kiss kiss kiss

Also just a bit of random/unsolicited advice for mamas doing exclusive. Introduce your baby to bottles ASAP so other people can feed them should you need to go anywhere impromptu.

LholarB:

Yes mama, I did search and it really helped with clothings to pack, it’s just cos have been doing exclusive with no bottles, dats why am really concerned...I will do just dat at the bolded, can I try Aptamil formular or which formular do you think exclusive fed babies like .. just so we don’t waste money again!!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 1:44pm On Apr 20, 2018
hunniesuzie:
You now didn't invite us for parry...na wa for you

Happy birthday in arrears to him

enque:

shebi u dinnor giv us byday rice abi? lipsrsealed

vision 2020 ppl, no further comments

Thanks for the good wishes. We appreciate. E ma binu that there was no nairaland rice.
I don't have the nerve for parties ni o so I kukuma did
DIY with cake and small decor.
We took the cake to creche and ate chicken at home...datsall

enque...vision 2020 is good na..make man pikin rest body small. smiley

16 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by omotolanibaby(f): 1:45pm On Apr 20, 2018
[quote author=hunniesuzie post=66869019]LholarB search creche on this thread, you'll find solid advise from sabi mamas who have gone through the same thing, only thing I want to add is, why don't you try formula before going straight to AS? Introducing solids and separation at the same time strikes me like too many changes, do formula for creche and test solids at home during weekends for now, my thoughts sha )

good advice, dnt bother expressing breast milk now because she almost 6month and the weather is kind of hot to be leaving expressed milk in creche. just use bottle water for the cold water, u only need flash for hot water
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by LholarB(f): 1:51pm On Apr 20, 2018
AlphaHandMaiden:

Breathe in! And out!

Do not beat up yourself about it.

It's annoying that the notice is so short, a week extra would have helped tremendously to make sure she is settled ok in the new environment and for you as well. But hey we are where we are.... so, let's ace this!

At this age, milk is still their primary meal! So that is a good thing!

Go and buy formular and pack it for her as back up.
You can start expressing for her from today and freezing so you have some bm to take to the creche on monday.

[/b]When you pick her up in the evenings. You can start offering her other solids and you continue at the weekends with the new food introduction. These can then be added to the creche food. [b]

You can also give her cereals for them to try in nursery, give then only things that just need them to add water or milk.

With new foods for babies just a few spoons initially is considered a success, we mums sometimes expect them to finish a whole plate/bowl. Consider also that they are learning to take food off a spoon and swallow things that are a new texture for them. So it will take time.

Pre-pack each feed plus like 2 extra portions,. Pack your flasks of hot water and a bottle of normal water. Pack your nappies and a few extra clothes.

[/b]The next few weeks may be stressful but You will be fine.[b]

Ok ma’am, thanks for this... Will start expressing from today and , will Follow up on the rest when she starts on Monday, thank you so much for the practical ideas. .. plz which formular can u recommend for an exclusive fed babies, just wantu have diff options to pick from

@ the last bolded, I know it will be very stressful.. Last Last I will lose some Baby fat, Lol!!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by wowdiva: 1:52pm On Apr 20, 2018
booqee:
My sweet oyindamola is 2month old today. cheesy
Cutie!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by wowdiva: 1:53pm On Apr 20, 2018
temmy2103:

Which days do they give the immunization cos also plan going next week

Do they give other 6 weeks immunization with it

Thanks

Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Yes they do give other vaccines with the rota. I took 4, 2 oral 2 injection

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nancyij(f): 1:54pm On Apr 20, 2018
JGracious:

you mean you took him to a doctor and laid your complaints yet nothing was said? not even advice on how to handle him going forward.

request to see a pead and allow tests be conducted to ascertain the reason for the recurring boils.

yes ma,he said I should come back on Monday,I left with tears,I will go another hospital now
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 2:01pm On Apr 20, 2018
JGracious:

Thanks for the good wishes. We appreciate. E ma binu that there was no nairaland rice.

cute cute...
welldone Mama

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 2:03pm On Apr 20, 2018
I don d catch una,all dis team april 2017 mums dat want to share pari pack.Side eyes her.Hapi bday Josh,may the Lord bless n keep you.Oya,mama Josh,Jay is waiting 4 pari pack
JGracious:

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 2:07pm On Apr 20, 2018
Mama Zino,where art thou?Na ms hold u?ahnie
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by wowdiva: 2:12pm On Apr 20, 2018
JGracious:

Awww, he's so adorable

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by temmy2103(f): 2:16pm On Apr 20, 2018
wowdiva:

Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Yes they do give other vaccines with the rota. I took 4, 2 oral 2 injection
Thanks, really appreciate

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Itanna: 2:16pm On Apr 20, 2018
Akorkor:

Is it not same abroad that i was giving similac second day after birth because she eat much? Please, exclusive is not a die affair. If you can do it good, and if you cannot don't kill yourself. After all, i breastfed my DD successfully for 15 months. If you have a child that eat, you will know that even doctors would recommend you to intervene with good formula product.
I only seconded what she said. Not on exclusive does not make u less a mother or deprive d baby of d needed nutrient. As a matter of fact, i will start giving my baby food when she's 4 month cos breast seems not to be enough 4 her. I'm even doing exclusive now cos she has reflux. Breast milk digests easily. Thanks.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 2:40pm On Apr 20, 2018
Akorkor:

Since she is a picky eater, i guess you should try and use saturday and sunday to try new food for her.

What about oat? Have you tried that out?
Mango nkor?
Pawpaw?
Bread.(slice bread, those soft ones)
Noddles without spicy but you add pinch of pepper, ginger,fish, spring onion and small oil?
Okro with soft swallow nkor? Have you tried that? let me know sup

She loves mango, agbalumo, apple
Have not tried oats
Loves agege bread
Loves noodles with carrot but without fried egg inside
Ogbono and okro is war.

But can I pack noodles, what if it turns cold.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bigmummy16(f): 2:55pm On Apr 20, 2018
She is really sweet.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Akorkor(f): 2:56pm On Apr 20, 2018
FloraEC:

Have not tried oats
Loves agege bread
Ogbono and okro is war.

You get a good flask. I bought one for 5k three weeks ago and its been good. Will check home and give u feedback on the name.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Akorkor(f): 2:56pm On Apr 20, 2018
Itanna:
I only seconded what she said. Not on exclusive does not make u less a mother or deprive d baby of d needed nutrient. As a matter of fact, i will start giving my baby food when she's 4 month cos breast seems not to be enough 4 her. I'm even doing exclusive now cos she has reflux. Breast milk digests easily. Thanks.

Alright. grin grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by imurboss: 3:00pm On Apr 20, 2018
booqee:

Aww so adorable... kiss kissto her
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by LholarB(f): 3:00pm On Apr 20, 2018
jazzyjazz:

First of all, CONGRATULATIONS!
Secondly, please BREATHE

You can do this

Since you're on exclusive, you need to express for your baby. Breastmilk can stay up to 6 hours in room temperature but the weather is so hot now and I don't know how this works work. But other mothers will put mouth

[/b]As for creche, we don gist the matter tire for here

Important thing is hygiene! Is it a clean place? Can you pop in without notice? if no, then run away from them!
You need a place where you can stop by at any time to see your baby!
What's the security of the place like? It's very important o

Does the creche have a sleeping area with real baby beds?
When I was searching for creche, one of the creches I came across didn't have beds for the kids! They just had little cut up foam kept on the floor! Then a child pooped and all the nannies were busy arguing on who was going to change the baby's nappies!

You need to check how many kids to a nanny? If more than 4 (which I hear is the standard), then reconsider your options [b]

I pack 4 bibs, change of clothes, 7 diapers, Vaseline

Phew! Did I just type all this?
Hope this helped

Had to calmly read your reply this morning and the bolded really helped me with getting a new crèche today, they have 2 Nannies and Babies are just 6... it’s a preschool/ crèche tho.

Thank you so much, God bless you !!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 3:02pm On Apr 20, 2018
Akorkor:

You get a good flask. I bought one for 5k three weeks ago and its been good. Will check home and give u feedback on the name.

Thanks dear.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by gwng: 3:07pm On Apr 20, 2018
gwng:
You can now ORDER for KINYO BABY BREAST MILK PUMP.

COMES WITH ONE YEAR WARRANTY

NEW PRICES!!!

SINGLE BREAST PUMP: 15K
DOUBLE BREAST PUMP: 23K

Our Address: 3-9 Olu Koleosho off Medical Road, Ikeja, Lagos.
Phone/Whatsapp: 08060675824..

Why Buy from us? We have sold a handful to people on this forum and they ARE SATISFIED WITH OUR QUALITY.

Some satisfied Nairaland users using Kinyo. See this: https://www.nairaland.com/889053/pregnancy-pregnant-going-through-high/3330#59403999. There are many more though

WE ALSO NOW HAVE DIGITAL THERMOMETERS (VERY USEFUL TO CHECK YOUR BABY TEMPERATURE, 2k), DIGITAL INFRA-RED THERMOMETERS (5K), FETAL DOPPLER (TO CHECK FETUS HEART-BEAT RATE, 25k) AVAILABLE ON PRE-ORDER.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by gwng: 3:08pm On Apr 20, 2018
gwng:
You can now ORDER for KINYO BABY BREAST MILK PUMP.

COMES WITH ONE YEAR WARRANTY

NEW PRICES!!!

SINGLE BREAST PUMP: 15K
DOUBLE BREAST PUMP: 23K

Our Address: 3-9 Olu Koleosho off Medical Road, Ikeja, Lagos.
Phone/Whatsapp: 08060675824.

Why Buy from us? We have sold a handful to people on this forum and they ARE SATISFIED WITH OUR QUALITY.

Some satisfied Nairaland users using Kinyo. See this: https://www.nairaland.com/889053/pregnancy-pregnant-going-through-high/3330#59403999. There are many more though

WE ALSO NOW HAVE DIGITAL THERMOMETERS (VERY USEFUL TO CHECK YOUR BABY TEMPERATURE, 2k), DIGITAL INFRA-RED THERMOMETERS (5K), FETAL DOPPLER (TO CHECK FETUS HEART-BEAT RATE, 25k) AVAILABLE ON PRE-ORDER.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 3:11pm On Apr 20, 2018
FloraEC:

Have not tried oats
Loves agege bread
Ogbono and okro is war.

not a fan of cold noodles, but if she can stomach cold noodles, then y not?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lioha(f): 3:15pm On Apr 20, 2018
booqee:

Wow! cutie cutie
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by LholarB(f): 3:16pm On Apr 20, 2018
zaynie:

Hello twin sister.
Congrats on the job.
You don't have to express for her. Just breastfeed whenever you are home with her to compensate for the lost hours since she's almost 6m and good for normal food.
Try to get her to eat a little at a time. Variety too. Have you tried pap? Plain or with milk. Some babies are just plain ibile and will refuse all the ajebutter foods grin

Haers flask, I think Dunasy has a store for stuff like that.

Good luck with the creche hunting. Truth is you never know what you're getting with these centres. Trust your instincts at all times sha..

Kisses to the cute princess kiss

Thank you mama, will try the pap anytime am back in the evening and weekends like some mamas suggested and I pray she likes it so I can be packing it for her when am leaving for work.. will just stick to formular as backup for her at the crèche for now and to think she liked water when I gave her and refused other sweet food

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by LholarB(f): 3:18pm On Apr 20, 2018
[quote author=omotolanibaby post=66877128][/quote]

Ok ma’am, thank you!!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by LholarB(f): 3:23pm On Apr 20, 2018
enque:

eheen, by cold water I mean normal bottled water o and not 'fridge cold'
Oohk....
awww and my DD's creche is at ajao estate and they r very nice with kids.
hope the place u got is ok sha? pls ask all necessary questions o

like mamas have adviced, u can introduce formula to supplement bre.astmilk for now

Ahannn naa, I know it’s the normal bottled water, lol. Yes,the place is ok and I like it too.. heard the Nannies have being there for long , thank you ... it’s getting a little better now , will ask questions again when am confused again !!

Thank you to all the mamas that answered me, you mamas here are the best!!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by SapphirePRINCEX(f): 3:40pm On Apr 20, 2018
JGracious:

Cute boi.
Long life and prosperity to him Amen.
Thank God I didn't miss it.

Sansa123, Giddyperson (u especially cuz birthday date never pass) mention me if you post pictures o, I never tek my eye see giddybaby.
Rhemy2013, no breaklight yet.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 3:54pm On Apr 20, 2018
enque:

not a fan of cold noodles, but if she can stomach cold noodles, then y not?

Please the feeding schedule/time, do you write it in a paper or what?
They resume 7:30am & close 2:30pm but you can request for extra lesson and my daughter eats 4/5 times in a day(mainly cereals) depending on my mood.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Bomgirl(f): 3:56pm On Apr 20, 2018
Nimi22:

Even if it dey trek from ushafa to Aco since day before yesterday it suppose don reach.

Replied

(1) (2) (3) ... (1669) (1670) (1671) (1672) (1673) (1674) (1675) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.