Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,163 members, 7,835,897 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2104) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4429944 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2101) (2102) (2103) (2104) (2105) (2106) (2107) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kayzat: 8:04pm On Mar 08, 2019
1kBabyShoesNG:

For the hair, buy coconut oil to make combing easier. Coconut oil in small bottles. If it doesn't work, it could mean your child has "dada" and you should cut most of the hair so when its growing again, combing will be easier.

We've been using coconut oil with Shea butter from day one and her hair has been cut once while she's around 3 weeks old.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 8:07pm On Mar 08, 2019
kayzat:

We've been using coconut oil with Shea butter from day one and her hair has been cut once while she's around 3 weeks old.

Hmm OK
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by eribooboo: 9:10pm On Mar 08, 2019
Use 'aunt Jackie kids' conditioner n leave-in conditioner for her

kayzat:

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kayzat: 10:04pm On Mar 08, 2019
eribooboo:
Use 'aunt Jackie kids' conditioner n leave-in conditioner for her

Alright ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Awesomemama: 10:08pm On Mar 08, 2019
Bloomingbud:
Good afternoon mamas, I started my children on dano milk full cream when they turned one but dano full cream is now scarce in the market can I switch to peak full cream or 123? I've heard many mums complain about 123 that its sugary. So full cream or 123 which is better please?

You never can tell if they'll react to it till u try
We've been on peak 123 since we turned 1 and we've not had any issue
You can just stick to full cream if you're scared of trying

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bisiswag(f): 6:43am On Mar 09, 2019
Giddyperson:

Id assume budget means you do not want to throw a party...

These are the three options

Option number 1

if your baby goes to Creche,

Get a small cake 8-12k

Get party packs, maybe a modest party pack, there are some I've seen that came in tiny nylons with just sweets, biscuits, ribena and a small toy, maybe whistle inside. Guess like 5k can take care of this type of party pack depending on how many kids you have to give. It doesn't have to be this basic tho, for GBs first birthday, i put one story book, one stuffed animal then just loaded the bag with sweets and children's drinks.

Take these to the creche, they would sing happy birthday and you take pictures with your phone. cheesy

Option number 2 and my plan for GB's 2nd birthday.
If your baby doesn't go to creche.

Get a small cake 8_12k

Get two cartons of malt, I dunno what that costs, maybe 4k
Take pictures with your phone

Share the cake and drinks with neighbours and any other places where the baby has fans. Don't invite them to your house, just package it and take to them. (I've seen stuff on my desk at work sometimes and id ask from where and they would say someone's baby turned +1).

Option number 3. Mini party
Cook a big cooler of rice
Buy drinks
Get a cake
Get a cheap photographer
Fix the birthday party on a weekend if it didn't fall there.
Text close friends and family to come by, you don't even have to specify the time. Everyone would come by at different times, eat, gist and go.

Miscellaneous if your money is still remaining cheesy
Cute birthday outfit(s)10k more or less
You can always go to a cheap studio and do a photoshoot, i hear studio24 or whatever is not charging 100k like the rest of them cheesy
Also instead of taking pictures with your phone, you can call a good roadside photographer or that one that hangs out at your church on Sundays. Don't mention the words 'one year old' or 'photoshoot', just tell them there's a small get together in your house and begin to bargain like an Ijebu.

Cc: Graced2018

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 8:49am On Mar 09, 2019
rvpbae:

Whay does she eat? Maybe she needs more water. About hair, invest in a good baby conditioner. Cc zaynie

kiss
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by awetaiye2015: 9:37am On Mar 09, 2019
bizideas2:
For those mothers that are experiencing low milk count I advice you take a lot of Moringa leaf powder.It worked for my wife when we had our first child and now that we are expecting our second very soon I have placed her on moringa leaf powder.You can google it and see for yourself.I get mine from a cooperative society in Makurdi.

in my case, my wife takes nothing less than 8 litres of water daily and her breast milk flows like a river. water is natural and pure way to get your milk flowing well. most women eat much and take little water because they feel food is more important than water. try drinking lots of water and thank me later.
note; in my house, we drink boiled water. we don't take tape water directly or buy the so-called pure water. boil your own water and allow to cool and sieve it into a container. just speaking from my personal experience and hope it helps

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 10:07am On Mar 09, 2019
Bloomingbud:
Good afternoon mamas, I started my children on dano milk full cream when they turned one but dano full cream is now scarce in the market can I switch to peak full cream or 123? I've heard many mums complain about 123 that its sugary. So full cream or 123 which is better please?
loyal milk too is good or hollandia full cream milk.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Frozenelsa(f): 1:00pm On Mar 09, 2019
pls mamas in the house, should I use NAN2 for my 2months old baby or continue with NAN1.?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by helen4(f): 1:14pm On Mar 09, 2019
Frozenelsa:
pls mamas in the house, should I use NAN2 for my 2months old baby or continue with NAN1.?
NAN 1 till baby is six months.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Funmi2510: 1:45pm On Mar 09, 2019
Pls mamas... My baby has heat rashes on his face and body....pls what can I use for me
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tatacherie: 2:23pm On Mar 09, 2019
Funmi2510:
Pls mamas... My baby has heat rashes on his face and body....pls what can I use for me
Pls ensure you air him well. The heat is something else
Nursing nurse powder works perfectly for us. It dries up the rashes in 3 days
NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT USE POWDER ON BABY'S FACE
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 5:22pm On Mar 09, 2019
Donations for PMum has begun.
We thank the moms that have given out of the little that they have.
Please send me a PM or a whatsapp message on 080.58.44.58.64 if you are interested in making donations

Thank you kiss
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jumy16: 6:04pm On Mar 09, 2019
Hi mamas.. it bn a long time.....

please what can I gv my baby... his stool is very hard..... he always make sound anytime he want to poop
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Frozenelsa(f): 7:48pm On Mar 09, 2019
helen4:
NAN 1 till baby is six months.
Thanks mama

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bigmove: 9:11pm On Mar 09, 2019
Hello mamas,

I have the following items for sale in Lagos

baby wardrobe #20,000
infant to toddler rocker #10,000
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chinnybaby99: 10:08am On Mar 10, 2019
awetaiye2015:

in my case, my wife takes nothing less than 8 litres of water daily and her breast milk flows like a river. water is natural and pure way to get your milk flowing well. most women eat much and take little water because they feel food is more important than water. try drinking lots of water and thank me later.
note; in my house, we drink boiled water. we don't take tape water directly or buy the so-called pure water. boil your own water and allow to cool and sieve it into a container. just speaking from my personal experience and hope it helps

Thanks sir. U r very right. Much water is the secret. And boiled one is the best. smiley
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Bloomingbud(f): 10:51am On Mar 10, 2019
bigmove:
Hello mamas,

I have the following items for sale in Lagos

baby wardrobe #20,000
infant to toddler rocker #10,000

Let me see a picture of the wardrobe.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Fyngal1(f): 11:36am On Mar 10, 2019
Giddyperson:

Id assume budget means you do not want to throw a party...

These are the three options

Option number 1

if your baby goes to Creche,

Get a small cake 8-12k

Get party packs, maybe a modest party pack, there are some I've seen that came in tiny nylons with just sweets, biscuits, ribena and a small toy, maybe whistle inside. Guess like 5k can take care of this type of party pack depending on how many kids you have to give. It doesn't have to be this basic tho, for GBs first birthday, i put one story book, one stuffed animal then just loaded the bag with sweets and children's drinks.

Take these to the creche, they would sing happy birthday and you take pictures with your phone. cheesy

Option number 2 and my plan for GB's 2nd birthday.
If your baby doesn't go to creche.

Get a small cake 8_12k

Get two cartons of malt, I dunno what that costs, maybe 4k
Take pictures with your phone

Share the cake and drinks with neighbours and any other places where the baby has fans. Don't invite them to your house, just package it and take to them. (I've seen stuff on my desk at work sometimes and id ask from where and they would say someone's baby turned +1).

Option number 3. Mini party
Cook a big cooler of rice
Buy drinks
Get a cake
Get a cheap photographer
Fix the birthday party on a weekend if it didn't fall there.
Text close friends and family to come by, you don't even have to specify the time. Everyone would come by at different times, eat, gist and go.

Miscellaneous if your money is still remaining cheesy
Cute birthday outfit(s)10k more or less
You can always go to a cheap studio and do a photoshoot, i hear studio24 or whatever is not charging 100k like the rest of them cheesy
Also instead of taking pictures with your phone, you can call a good roadside photographer or that one that hangs out at your church on Sundays. Don't mention the words 'one year old' or 'photoshoot', just tell them there's a small get together in your house and begin to bargain like an Ijebu.

hmm! your royal ijebuness kiss kiss this your option 2 make sense die!

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mhbabanna: 11:38am On Mar 10, 2019
Good morning.
My baby is 6months old but his weight is not appreciating as it should. Kids born around same period added more weight than him. Right now we are feeding him with cerelac (wheat) though someone advise we change to Custard and add 123milk.
Please advises will be appreciated
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Roseey0(f): 12:04pm On Mar 10, 2019
mhbabanna:
ood morning.
My baby is 6months old but his weight is not appreciating. Even kids born three months after are adding more weight than him. Right now we are feeding him with cerelac (wheat) though someone advise we change to Custard and add 123milk.
Please advises will be appreciated

https://www.nairaland.com/4758545/baby-foods-recipes-weaning-solids

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Roseey0(f): 12:11pm On Mar 10, 2019
Linda2019:
Good day mothers pls my baby is 5months both has started standing with style and can turn very fast but d problem is dat he doesnt want to crawl instead he loves crawling backwards instead of to d front most times wen he wakes up on d bed he would start movie backwards fast o sometimes he might even fall off and wake us up from our sleep with his tears i even use pillow to block him but i dont know how he would just push it out with his legs while moving infact ehn i dont know if its my fault for always lying him down on his tummy right from 2months now i am worried dont know if dis would make him nt to crawl in d normal way

teach him
My baby use to move with her belly untill I taught her. I will fold her legs in the crawling position and move her. I will take time to position myself in the same position and move, letting her watch me. Over time she picked up.

Please note that all kids grow differently, nobody takes a medal for crawling. My sister's baby never crawled for one day no matter how we tried to teach him, he moved with his buttocks till he started standing and eventually walked.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bigmove: 1:30pm On Mar 10, 2019
Bloomingbud:

Let me see a picture of the wardrobe.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nwarosa: 2:09pm On Mar 10, 2019
Hello mothers.
Does anyone here sell formula? Naija and oyibo version?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Stmema: 5:33pm On Mar 10, 2019
Good evening sabi mothers... Here is a picture of expressed milk for my DS.. Looks like there's oil in it and I will normally throw it away but it happens once in a while, is it normal or is it bad, the milk is 3 Days old in a freezer...

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tabithaola(f): 5:37pm On Mar 10, 2019
helen4:
Thanks momma once again. She's doing great took her to hospital and was examined( no test, just physical examination) and the doc said it's food poisoning (roll eyes)which to me is impossible because am watchful of everything and everyone around. Last last sha, he prescribed zinc, ors and flaggyl syrup. It is well, don't know nursing a baby is this strenuous (sighs). Thanks sis for checking on us.

You are welcome darling. Its well with her. Nursing a baby is a hard job but God will see us through.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tabithaola(f): 5:56pm On Mar 10, 2019
Linda2019:
Good day mothers pls my baby is 5months both has started standing with style and can turn very fast but d problem is dat he doesnt want to crawl instead he loves crawling backwards instead of to d front most times wen he wakes up on d bed he would start movie backwards fast o sometimes he might even fall off and wake us up from our sleep with his tears i even use pillow to block him but i dont know how he would just push it out with his legs while moving infact ehn i dont know if its my fault for always lying him down on his tummy right from 2months now i am worried dont know if dis would make him nt to crawl in d normal way

My dear, every child grows at different pace,so don't worry yourself about when and how he does what biko. Allow him grow as it pleases him but you should be weary of him falling please.If you need to keep him close to the wall to avoid that please do. My hubby and I don't leave our essence alone in the living room because of the way she turns 360 degree,so study your baby and be very careful with him please.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Kittana: 6:28pm On Mar 10, 2019
[quote author=bigmove post=76523488][/quote]

Picture of the rocker, please.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bigmove: 7:32pm On Mar 10, 2019
Kittana:

Picture of the rocker, please.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lioha(f): 9:09pm On Mar 10, 2019
God bless who so ever brought the idea of feeding babies with boiled blended potato, carrot, egg and milk grin shocked cheesy

3 Likes 8 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by callola: 9:31pm On Mar 10, 2019
please sabi Mama's, my 10 days old baby has small small boils ( I don't know if it's boils or rashes sef) all over her body. please I don't know what to apply on her body to make it smooth. I noticed it a day after I gave birth to her. please I need remedy

(1) (2) (3) ... (2101) (2102) (2103) (2104) (2105) (2106) (2107) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.