Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,155 members, 7,835,847 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:11 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2106) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4429858 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2103) (2104) (2105) (2106) (2107) (2108) (2109) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sweetveee(f): 9:44pm On Mar 12, 2019
Mamas please help a ftm my baby has terrible reflux. I.. have kept her upright after feeding.. Burped her etc but still. She still wiggles in discomfort and spits up a lot. Another thing is she sleeps all through the day and is up at night. She's 8 weeks old. How do I make her sleep at night.. I resume work in two weeks. It's not been funny at all.. Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Goldenheart002(f): 10:11pm On Mar 12, 2019
lioha:

PEEL the carrot and potato(Irish or sweet)

CUT into large chunks

STEAM the prepared veg until soft and cooked through

Blend the cooked veg and add milk (I add cook egg yolk to mine optional though)

Imeela nwanne m, I must try it out, I'm sure my guy won't refuse dis

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by franashi(f): 11:35pm On Mar 12, 2019
Frozenelsa:

Pls mama, Can this tribotan be used on the face and around the genitals too?
yes. Anywhere apart from the eyes

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Promoseason: 4:00am On Mar 13, 2019
We are suppliers of dry Tigernut (25 custard rubber) and Dabino / Dates 100kg. Our prices are affordable & attractive.

Call: 07058764315
WhatsApp: +2347058764315
Our Location: Lagos State, Nigeria
We also make/do delivery.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by SlimBrawnie(f): 7:38am On Mar 13, 2019
Good morning correct mamas. My bomboy is 3months old today. We've been on exclusive but have decided to change to combined feeding. Please what is the best I can start giving him cos bros can chop so I want to step up in order to meet the demand. Thank uuu
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 7:51am On Mar 13, 2019
SlimBrawnie:
Good morning correct mamas. My bomboy is 3months old today. We've been on exclusive but have decided to change to combined feeding. Please what is the best I can start giving him cos bros can chop so I want to step up in order to meet the demand. Thank uuu
He's still supposed to take just milk for now, so try NAN, just cuz that's what I used. If he doesn't like it, you can't try other formula brands, you'll see all of them in the baby food aisle at any store. He can take just formula and breastmilk until he's six months, but if you still want to graduate to solids, then wait until 4months and start with pap and baby cereal marked 4+momths until he clocks 6 months.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by SlimBrawnie(f): 8:05am On Mar 13, 2019
Giddyperson:
He's still supposed to take just milk for now, so try NAN, just cuz that's what I used. If he doesn't like it, you can't try other formula brands, you'll see all of them in the baby food aisle at any store. He can take just formula and breastmilk until he's six months, but if you still want to graduate to solids, then wait until 4months and start with pap and baby cereal marked 4+momths until he clocks 6 months.

Thank you mama. I intend introducing solids when he turns 6months. His dad said he wants the "best" formula, even though I feel all formula are same, just brand name. I will just kuku tell him to get NAN today. Thank you so much.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 9:11am On Mar 13, 2019
Depends on what time she/he eats the food and what time you express. If it is milk expressed the night before for eating the next day and your fridge is good you can refrigerate. I used to have 3 days supply so I freeze. The one I want to use the next day is kept in the fridge the night before so it can thaw gradually. I then put in a cooler bag with an ice pack for creche in the morning. Minder brings out the milk from the cooler bag an hour before feeding so it can attain room temp, swirls (shaking denatures breastmilk) and feeds

Stmema:

OK but I put in the freezer the night before and the following morning for crèche..... Or should I stop freezing overnight and just refrigerating instead... Will it last the whole day by the next day?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 9:14am On Mar 13, 2019
Sounds like colic which is normal for her age. Search the thread for how some mamas dealt with it. Bicycle her legs (youtube for videos) when you see her struggling

For the sleeping, welcome to vigilante oh, me I don't know about sleep training an 8 week old

sweetveee:
Mamas please help a ftm my baby has terrible reflux. I.. have kept her upright after feeding.. Burped her etc but still. She still wiggles in discomfort and spits up a lot. Another thing is she sleeps all through the day and is up at night. She's 8 weeks old. How do I make her sleep at night.. I resume work in two weeks. It's not been funny at all.. Thanks

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 9:15am On Mar 13, 2019
Best formula is what your baby can tolerate and you can afford/sustain. If you're lucky, he will like Nan/SMA Gold

All the best Mama

SlimBrawnie:

Thank you mama. I intend introducing solids when he turns 6months. His dad said he wants the "best" formula, even though I feel all formula are same, just brand name. I will just kuku tell him to get NAN today. Thank you so much.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by SlimBrawnie(f): 9:48am On Mar 13, 2019
hunniesuzie:
Best formula is what your baby can tolerate and you can afford/sustain. If you're lucky, he will like Nan/SMA Gold

All the best Mama

Thank you mama. I hope he'd tolerate NAN biko
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Stmema: 11:43am On Mar 13, 2019
hunniesuzie:
Depends on what time she/he eats the food and what time you express. If it is milk expressed the night before for eating the next day and your fridge is good you can refrigerate. I used to have 3 days supply so I freeze. The one I want to use the next day is kept in the fridge the night before so it can thaw gradually. I then put in a cooler bag with an ice pack for creche in the morning. Minder brings out the milk from the cooler bag an hour before feeding so it can attain room temp, swirls (shaking denatures breastmilk) and feeds

I stopped long term storage in freezer cos of the oil I noticed in the milk. But from your explanation, seems I've been getting it wrong. What's a cooler bag and did you make the ice packs by putting water in nylon n freezing? How does it work please?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 11:52am On Mar 13, 2019
A cooler bag is like all those lunch bags we use for kids to go to school. Any insulated bag that will retain heat/cold should work perfectly. Icepacks are also sold on online stores, see pictures below. You just put the icepack in your freezer so the liquid in it solidifies, then once you're packing the milk, put inside the bag and keep the icepack inside, this keeps the milk cool until it's feeding time thereby preserving it better

The oil is probably just fats from your diet, nothing to worry about. You can store in the freezer for up to 6 months sef (so far your light is regular). Just label and feed FIFO (first in first out)

See link for more info on storing breastmilk. It may look like a lot of info but once you get the hang of it, its easy peasy

https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/infant-and-toddler-health/in-depth/breast-milk-storage/art-20046350

Stmema:

I stopped long term storage in freezer cos of the oil I noticed in the milk. But from your explanation, seems I've been getting it wrong. What's a cooler bag and did you make the ice packs by putting water in nylon n freezing? How does it work please?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 12:59pm On Mar 13, 2019
Good day yummy mummies kiss

I bring you ORIGINAL AJU MBAISE! With an EXOTIC 8 SPICE blend which include...

Uhiokirihio
Anise
Ehuru
Mace
Uda
Nmimi
Ose Oji
Uziza seeds

To help you

《《BURN BELLY FAT 》》

《《BOOST MILK SUPPLY 》》

《《REJUVENATE AND ENERGISE》》

《《FLUSHES RETAINED AFTERBIRTH eg CHILDBIRTH, MISCARRIAGE OR ABORTION》》

《《EASES MENSTRUAL PAIN》》

》》INCREASES LIBIDO》》

》》CALMS COLIC IN NEWBORN AND HELPS THEM SLEEP BETTER 《《

》》RELIEFS CONSTIPATION《《

March is our 1st year anniversary month and to mark it, deliveries within Lagos will be FREE!! And half price outside Lagos .

1 MONTH PACK IS 4K ONLY AND 7K FOR 2 MONTHS.

CALL/ WhatsApp 080 670 69 650
MAIL☆☆ Geze911@gmail.com

Shalom.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 1:23pm On Mar 13, 2019
sweetveee:

Feed her in bits more often.
If she takes 150ml every 4h for example, then give her 75ml at every 2h.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lioha(f): 5:01pm On Mar 13, 2019
Goldenheart002:

Imeela nwanne m, I must try it out, I'm sure my guy won't refuse dis

He sure ll love it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kelechiodo(m): 8:49pm On Mar 13, 2019
@roseval

Please how were you able to resolve your baby’s issue of frequent green poop? I am having the same issue right now with my four-month baby.

Your speedy response will be appreciated. He is on Exclusive Breast Feeding

I saw this in one of your posts {We are back from the hospital, doctor prescribe amocilline, flagyl and ORS for him. But one nurse call me and advise me to buy akapojedi for him which 1 did and since morning that he poo before we let home he has not poo again. The nurse said since his weight is not reducing that he is ok my bb weight 8.4 at for month}.

Did the doc demand for any test before prescribing the drugs. And how can one lay hand on this Akapojedi or its equivalent

Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by QueenD01(f): 5:12am On Mar 14, 2019
Thinking of how to get your flat sexy tummy back after pregnancy?

Call or WhatsApp; 08129402080 for your postpartum tummy belt

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bisiswag(f): 5:40am On Mar 14, 2019
Hello mamas,gdmrn my lovelies. God bless u all. Please does anyone on dz platform use Aptamil? Or has anyone used aptamil 4 thier kids? I want reviews pls. Thks in advance
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 7:34am On Mar 14, 2019
bisiswag:
Hello mamas,gdmrn my lovelies. God bless u all. Please does anyone on dz platform use Aptamil? Or has anyone used aptamil 4 thier kids? I want reviews pls. Thks in advance
I'm using it for my son. The milk is very nice and creamy, it lasts for 2wks+ depending on how you use it. Always close it very tight to avoid sugar ant or air from entering it and also don't keep the container near water cos the body is not made of tin(paper and aluminum-like).

If you have a toddler, keep it out from his/her reach.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bisiswag(f): 8:26am On Mar 14, 2019
FloraEC:

I'm using it for my son. The milk is very nice and creamy, it lasts for 2wks+ depending on how you use it. Always close it very tight to avoid sugar ant or air from entering it and also don't keep the container near water cos the body is not made of tin(paper and aluminum-like).

If you have a toddler, keep it out from his/her reach.
Thanks a whole lot mama.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kayzat: 9:53pm On Mar 14, 2019
Please what baby formula food can we feed our DD. She will be 5 months old on Saturday and Wifey's boss said no baby should be brought to work again. My daughter was taken to the creche today without previous notice or warning.

We need recommendations on what to feed her while at the creche please
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ilyfavoured: 9:55pm On Mar 14, 2019
Tried the ready to drink (liquid form) while sampling formula but my ijebu self settled for cow and gate. Read they are made by the same company but cow and gate is a lower brand. Eventually my LO wasn't 'formula friendly' nah me consume the stock I piled up. But fed her both aptamil and cow and gate ready to drink.
The liquid form was nice and very handy

bisiswag:

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 7:50am On Mar 15, 2019
kayzat:
Please what baby formula food can we feed our DD. She will be 5 months old on Saturday and Wifey's boss said no baby should be brought to work again. My daughter was taken to the creche today without previous notice or warning.

We need recommendations on what to feed her while at the creche please
Wow, the boss means business, not even one last day?

Start with Nan, there's a whole lot of infant formula brands but I'm only suggesting the one I've used. If she doesn't like that you can try others after that tin is finished.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kayzat: 8:06am On Mar 15, 2019
Giddyperson:

Wow, the boss means business, not even one last day?

Start with Nan, there's a whole lot of infant formula brands but I'm only suggesting the one I've used. If she doesn't like that you can try others after that tin is finished.

I'm still trying to understand what bring such a drastic change of mind because she's normally friendly with the babies and heard she do play and back them herself.

Thanks for the suggestion ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kashamadupe0906: 11:28am On Mar 15, 2019
Good day to all our mothers in the house. I have a product that would interest u all. check this. Have a great weekend ahead https://www.nairaland.com/5071835/wireless-digital-video-baby-monitor
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rabluk(f): 11:30am On Mar 15, 2019
kelechiodo:
@roseval

Please how were you able to resolve your baby’s issue of frequent green poop? I am having the same issue right now with my four-month baby.

Your speedy response will be appreciated. He is on Exclusive Breast Feeding

I saw this in one of your posts {We are back from the hospital, doctor prescribe amocilline, flagyl and ORS for him. But one nurse call me and advise me to buy akapojedi for him which 1 did and since morning that he poo before we let home he has not poo again. The nurse said since his weight is not reducing that he is ok my bb weight 8.4 at for month}.

Did the doc demand for any test before prescribing the drugs. And how can one lay hand on this Akapojedi or its equivalent

Thanks
Mama, this may be helpful. Gotten from ask the paediatrician group

1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sandeiwhite: 1:46pm On Mar 15, 2019
My baby will soon clock 6months and ive never used powder and lotion on him he uses coconut oil and Johnson soap and his skin is very fine but would love to start using now. Please what cream and powder can i buy for him? He's fair in complexion and also how do i know the original Johnson soap and oil? Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 1:52pm On Mar 15, 2019
sandeiwhite:
My baby will soon clock 6months and ive never used powder and lotion on him he uses coconut oil and Johnson soap and his skin is very fine but would love to start using now. Please what cream and powder can i buy for him? He's fair in complexion and also how do i know the original Johnson soap and oil? Thanks
why don't you just stick to what is working for you? My thought though.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 3:28pm On Mar 15, 2019
Why? His skin is fine, leave it alone.

sandeiwhite:
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by F8b12(f): 4:22pm On Mar 15, 2019
Order For Your Pure Organic COCONUT OIL from us, we are based in Porthaucourt and Deliver Nation Wide....

Exactly what I have been using for all my kids their skin looks so fresh and suppy.

It's Purely Home made with fresh natural coconut smell...
Call us today on

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kelechiodo(m): 4:44pm On Mar 15, 2019
rabluk:

Mama, this may be helpful. Gotten from ask the paediatrician group

Thanks dear. But I am not ma but a new father wink

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2103) (2104) (2105) (2106) (2107) (2108) (2109) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.