Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,475 members, 7,816,119 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:40 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (258) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4400168 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dunnybaby26: 3:53pm On Jul 07, 2015
[quote author=bossladymo1 post=35570256]

I'm so happy for you. I understand how scared you must have been. When my baby had it at 3 weeks, I was sooo freaked out. Happy your kid is fine now. You can give it another week...just to be triple sure the torn membrane in the ear has 99%healed up. God bless![/quote

Amen okay ma thanks nd regards 2 ur kids
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by olaoyekemi(f): 3:54pm On Jul 07, 2015
desiree:

Mastitis is what you have...it happened to me when my LO was 2 weeks old. rub some olive oil on your tips and leave on for 10_ 15mins before washing off. You can take pain killers to deal with the temperature and pain but you will have to go and see your doctor for antibiotics. It is caused by accumulation of br east milk and your LO not sucking it out...so breas tfeed that pikin well well o.
tanks mama,BT my baby sucks well,in fact she has been sucking on d painful one since ystdy and I even pump almost 80ml for me to be sure she is sucking well

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dunnybaby26: 4:02pm On Jul 07, 2015
olaoyekemi:
Good morning mamas,dis is my first post on dis thread.am a FTM,pls am in pains o,my baby verge on my boss on without knowing BT av been feeling pains since morning,I even vommited,body temperature,serious pain on d breast and its swollen.have massage wit warm water,added shear butter and rob BT the pain is still dear.pls mamas come to my aid help a FTM out.

Av u taken any pain relief?sori it will heal itself bt pls tk something 4 d pain nd apply warm pressure b4 shear butter
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dunnybaby26: 4:09pm On Jul 07, 2015
[quote author=franky2013 post=35589704]gud day mummies, pls who knows where i can get sebamed soap n Enfagrow formula in Abuja? i ve bn searching for since lastweek.
[/quote

Av u tried shoprite,cash nd carry,next?if they dnt av go 2 Garki mkt or order online @jumia or konga

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dunnybaby26: 4:10pm On Jul 07, 2015
[quote author=franky2013 post=35589704]gud day mummies, pls who knows where i can get sebamed soap n Enfagrow formula in Abuja? i ve bn searching for since lastweek.
[/quote

Av u tried shoprite,cash nd carry,next?if they dnt av go 2 Garki or nyanyan mkt or order online @jumia or konga
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chinyeaka85(f): 4:18pm On Jul 07, 2015
Pls is oatmeal cereals better than rice based baby cereals? And if one should go with rice, which brand is better between Gerber, Friso gold and Heinz?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chinyeaka85(f): 4:19pm On Jul 07, 2015
Wonderful home builders, Pls is oatmeal cereals better than rice based baby cereals? And if one should go with rice, which brand is better between Gerber, Friso gold and Heinz?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jennifer89(f): 4:25pm On Jul 07, 2015
hello mummies in the house. This is ma first post coz I'm yet to deliver. plz which hot water flaks can i buy for ma lo? the name will be helpful coz most of the sellers claim what they have is the best.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Megilicious(f): 4:27pm On Jul 07, 2015
bossladymo1:

You want to harm your baby becaude of 'look'

Let's see where that 'look' gets you if your baby falls ill. The same people looking at you one kain now, will not be there with you, if your baby falls ill.

I really appreciate ur advice, I won't give her, I wasn't evn planning on doing it. Tnks. N I will try persuading my hubby.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jennifer89(f): 4:29pm On Jul 07, 2015
hello mummies in the house. This is ma first post coz I'm yet to deliver. plz which hot water flaks can i buy for ma lo? the name will be helpful coz most of the sellers claim what they have is the best. ftm
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Megilicious(f): 4:35pm On Jul 07, 2015
bossladymo1:

Madam! You get mind o! Someone you dont know from Adam, all because she is elderly and sells agbo, diagnosed and prescribed 'drugs'....your landlord came and said some mumbo jumbo....and you jumped to give your little baby.....hmmmmmmmmmm!!!!! Haba!!!

Not all babies are meant to be big! My son is the smallest kid in his class....but he is hitting his milestones. My son has always been a small baby. He never had all those folds that babies have. Our family friends have a daughter, dhe is about 3 weeks older than my daughter, my daughter is much bigger than her.....but this girl is qlready ssying BYE with her mouth and hands. She is just a little over 9 months.

It's only in Nigeria people make a fuss about big babies. People made me feel so bad back in naija. It got to a point where I didnt even want to go out or wear fine clothes out, cos you get people looking at you as if you are spending money on yourself and not feeding your kid. My son was on Enfamil and imported cereals....different varieties....there was no mising of money.

Long and short....you are putting your kid in harm's way. I really want to know the outcome of this experiment you are performing on your live kid. Pls let us know if he magically adds weight. Hopefully, it is not mawu mawu you are giving the poor kid. So vexed!

Chai meehn, if ur soo vexd lyk dis abt d agbo stuff, n d child is evn 8mths... Hmm wat wud u say abt mine who is 2mths+, whom "they" said I shud giv agbo 2.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 6:08pm On Jul 07, 2015
Chinyeaka85:
Wonderful home builders, Pls is oatmeal cereals better than rice based baby cereals? And if one should go with rice, which brand is better between Gerber, Friso gold and Heinz?
Is any really better than d oda? In my opinion, they re all good. So just get any of d brands.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MiracleMum(f): 7:12pm On Jul 07, 2015
Jennifer89:
hello mummies in the house. This is ma first post coz I'm kp6yet to deliver. plz which hot water flaks can i buy for ma lo? the name will be helpful coz most of the sellers claim what they have is the best. ftm

Haers flask is very good, keeps water hot for me 2 days. They have two types, stainless and the other they call vacuum bottle. I use the vacuum bottle and it's serving me well.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rezzy: 7:17pm On Jul 07, 2015
tchiwinnie:
@rezzy, 5.6kg is below d normal weight for a 7month old. Abeg stop d agbo. Its not good at all for dat delicate kidney. Pls and pls tk dat child to a good hospital for proper evaluation. Na u kno wot u suffer during labor, push dat baby out so dont allow pressure frm anybody to mk u do wot s wrong, abeg. How re his milestones? Is he sitting yet? Crawling? Wot does he eat currently?

He is crawling, holding things to stand up. Just this evening, he stood without support for 1 mins.

He takes pap and my boy formula. He also takes adult food but in small quantity.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 7:57pm On Jul 07, 2015
rezzy:

He is crawling, holding things to stand up. Just this evening, he stood without support for 1 mins.

He takes pap and my boy formula. He also takes adult food but in small quantity.
Ok then, good to kno he s achieving milestones. Thats real good news. Still he needs to put on more weight. Does he struggle while eating or eats easily?Is his pap well fortified?Any frequent stooling? There s this thing we usu gv malnourished babies-plumply nuts. In all, he needs to b seen by a dr so dat serial weighing ll b done and progress monitored.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FINA4804(f): 8:48pm On Jul 07, 2015
Jennifer89:
hello mummies in the house. This is ma first post coz I'm yet to deliver. plz which hot water flaks can i buy for ma lo? the name will be helpful coz most of the sellers claim what they have is the best. ftm
. I use haers and it serves me well
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jennifer89(f): 9:19pm On Jul 07, 2015
MiracleMum:

Haers flask is very good, keeps water hot for me 2 days. They have two types, stainless and the other they call vacuum bottle. I use the vacuum bottle and it's serving well.

thanks ma. i will cheek for it in the market. what's the cost?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MiracleMum(f): 10:13pm On Jul 07, 2015
Jennifer89:

thanks ma. i will cheek for it in the market. what's the cost?

The size determines the price. I'm not too sure but it's like I got the big size for 2500 and the medium for 1200.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jul 07, 2015
Hello Mums,

How are your babies doing? Just want to use this medium to inform you that if you have big tummy or excess fat after child birth or even before and feel and know that you are not like firm as you are before child birth. Do you know you can now get ride of excess ugly fat and big tummy in just nine days using our natural supplements with no side effect.

For information on this; Please contact: Emmanuel on 08186880344/08032794579 (Call & WhatsApp), 5646E1EF (BBM), http:///1GfAA3T
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bossladymo1: 10:41pm On Jul 07, 2015
olaoyekemi:
. Yes she belched& she will be a month old on monday

That 'baby must not belch on your breast' thing is one of the many ridiculous myths in Yoruba land. What you describe sounds like Mastitis. Read the link below.

http://m.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/bhcv2/bhcarticles.nsf/mskpages/Breastfeeding_dealing_with_mastitis?open
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bossladymo1: 10:44pm On Jul 07, 2015
rezzy:

The baby is even achieving his milestones sef. Good boy! Why dont you try changing his formula, if you can afford it. Or see a doctor to confirm if an appetite stimulant can help.

How much is Myboy?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bossladymo1: 10:45pm On Jul 07, 2015
Megilicious:

Chai meehn, if ur soo vexd lyk dis abt d agbo stuff, n d child is evn 8mths... Hmm wat wud u say abt mine who is 2mths+, whom "they" said I shud giv agbo 2.

SMH....God will watch over them for us!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rezzy: 11:54pm On Jul 07, 2015
Double post
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rezzy: 11:55pm On Jul 07, 2015
tchiwinnie:

He doesn't struggle [except when he was teething] but if I try giving him his food every 2 hours, he won't collect until his tummy is empty.

Just pap with milk. Sometimes, I add a pinch of glucose.

Immediately after each feed. (4 - 5 times a day)- He poos watery poo.

Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rezzy: 12:04am On Jul 08, 2015
bossladymo1:

The baby is even achieving his milestones sef. Good boy! Why dont you try changing his formula, if you can afford it. Or see a doctor to confirm if an appetite stimulant can help.

How much is Myboy?

I just changed from cerelac and NaN to pap and myboy because he refused it.

I was tired of preparing his food and later throwing it away. So last Monday I tried that semo stuff one mama talked about. He took it well but I don't like the smell, so Thursday, I switched to pap.

Myboy is #1,100k.

Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bossladymo1: 12:12am On Jul 08, 2015
My son is, and has always been borderline mimum weight for his age group. Here are the few things I did when he was younger

1. Calorie counting - I worked out exactly how many calories he needed per day, then I created a meal plan. I put an extra scoop of milk in each of his bottles. This was when he was above 7mths, not younger.This helped him meet up with the required oz of milk he needed per day. I also fed him fatty foods like titus fish, checked the labels of cereals or purees I buy, so as to pick the one with the highest fat content, and also gave Quaker Oats which has a high fat content, according to the label. I pureed avocado pear, as it has a high fat content, then mixed with bananas, which are also known for their high fat content.

2. I fed him all through the day. I realised feeding him bits all through the day, was better than normal feeding cycles.

3. Fight! Yeap! I used to pull my clothes, pull his clothes off, hold him down tight across my body, then feed him his cereal with spoon. It was a battle 3x a day. But na straight to bathroom afterwards lol.

What was his weight at birth?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bossladymo1: 12:15am On Jul 08, 2015
rezzy:

I was tired of preparing his food and later throwing it away. So last Monday I tried that semo stuff one mama talked about. He took it well but I don't like the smell, so Thursday, I switched to pap.

Myboy is #1,100k.

Thanks

He is pooing after every feed? That's not normal. Stooling is a very easy way to lose weight. There has to be an underlying cause. Have you told the doc he poos this many times in a day?

Pap wont do anything. Pap is majorly water. That's why they even advise b.feeding mums to take it.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by joyousf: 1:54am On Jul 08, 2015
I am back again o.

my baby woke up to feed only to realise his temp was high 38.8. I also noticed he has catarrh abi blocked nose. I used pcm.nocof drop n vit c. I doubt its malaria cos there s almost none in our room n can't remember any biting him recently though we are considering treating him for that in d morning just to rule it out.

I'm just wondering if its teething. he is five months. for the past three days he has pooed once or max of twice per day. its more watery n a little greenish. I didn't worry about it cos his paed told me to expect greenish poop around t4-6 months. plus he drools a lot n wants to chew on everything esp pples fingers. just looked it up online now n they said these can b symptoms of teething. pls how does one really know d. baby is teething

I've also heard teething rings help pls can anyone upload a pic of one.don't av an idea wat it looks like. I av pacifiers though. do they serve same purpose.

thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MumZ(f): 3:18am On Jul 08, 2015
rezzy:

He doesn't struggle [except when he was teething] but if I try giving him his food every 2 hours, he won't collect until his tummy is empty.

Just pap with milk. Sometimes, I add a pinch of glucose.

Immediately after each feed. (4 - 5 times a day)- He poos watery poo.

Thanks
Pooling all d time reduces baby weight. u ll av 2 change his milk 2 anoda he ll tolerate. He is 8mths, I don't tink only pap is OK 4 his age. Just c ur doc n complain sha. Pele dear, God ll crown all ur efforts on him

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lovinam: 5:40am On Jul 08, 2015
Catarrh can cause high temp in babies. Take him to d doc and get him tested for malria too.
joyousf:
I am back again o.

my baby woke up to feed only to realise his temp was high 38.8. I also noticed he has catarrh abi blocked nose. I used pcm.nocof drop n vit c. I doubt its malaria cos there s almost none in our room n can't remember any biting him recently though we are considering treating him for that in d morning just to rule it out.

I'm just wondering if its teething. he is five months. for the past three days he has pooed once or max of twice per day. its more watery n a little greenish. I didn't worry about it cos his paed told me to expect greenish poop around t4-6 months. plus he drools a lot n wants to chew on everything esp pples fingers. just looked it up online now n they said these can b symptoms of teething. pls how does one really know d. baby is teething

I've also heard teething rings help pls can anyone upload a pic of one.don't av an idea wat it looks like. I av pacifiers though. do they serve same purpose.

thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by desiree(f): 6:03am On Jul 08, 2015
bossladymo1:

That 'baby must not belch on your breast' thing is one of the many ridiculous myths in Yoruba land. What you describe sounds like Mastitis. Read the link below.

http://m.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/bhcv2/bhcarticles.nsf/mskpages/Breastfeeding_dealing_with_mastitis?open

That was the same thing my 9ja folks told me when I developed mastitis. I reported to my paed and he almost peed his pants with laughter. Actually, it has nothing to do with the baby belching on your breast.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by desiree(f): 6:31am On Jul 08, 2015
rezzy:

Thanks

Did he refuse cerelac in his bottle? Personally I don't believe pap has much fat content and it isn't really fortified to help your son gain weight.

My first was small too despite being on formula from 2 weeks. He was 3.5kg at birth at 3 months old he was still 3.9kg. These oyinbo people were doing weight control for him twice a month but weren't telling me what to do to make him eat. I started giving him cereal in his bottle from 3 months and within a month he gained an extra 1 kg.

I would melt butter or cheese his pureed food and cook pasta with titus fish and extra cheese. Pasta is even more fattening than amala and ewedu. Mash plantain or potatoes with fish and butter also give him juice diluted with water instead of plain water.... Adding to what @bossladymo1 said. Goodluck and don't let anyone make you feel inadequate as a mother.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.