Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,189 members, 7,822,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:15 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (570) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4411008 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (567) (568) (569) (570) (571) (572) (573) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tracysparkle: 5:39pm On Jul 20, 2016
zionx:pls take heart and be strong for you son....May God comfort and provide for you....May he rest in the Lord's blossom.

mammas in the house pls my 2weeks old baby has a white tongue....I have cleaned and cleaned but it remains white.....anyone experienced this and what do I do.plus he sleeps thru the day and stays awake fussing and crying...it's so frustrating.mamas pls help

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jennykoko3009(f): 6:12pm On Jul 20, 2016
ahnie:
whitish
Ok. Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by barag(f): 7:48pm On Jul 20, 2016
@contem tnx for Ur prompt reply. Iv bought d Guinea corn already wld pick n wash it to remove d dirt.

@ soonest uwld have to stir it bit on d fire after mixing like semi or pap.

@ lifted hands I'm told dt even d chaff has its own nutrients o. infact that's how I prepare wheat powder for myself n dh. I just buy d wheat n take to d mill to grind. we either drink it or use it as swallow wt soup.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by imurboss: 7:58pm On Jul 20, 2016
Onegai:

Yes, Spar. At Mega Plaza, there is a grocery store attached to it and you will always have the soaps there. I usually get it in bulk so I don't have to go often. The body wash, I've bought it at Ebeano supermarket in Lekki 1. I don't know why it's not so easy to find. It may be in Balogun but I've never checked. HTH.

Thanks dear, i really appreciate this info
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by barag(f): 8:10pm On Jul 20, 2016
Zheemub:
@ barag: thanks for your response. Buy am been told that it's Jedi Jedi and hence should watch my sugary intake.
How long does it take for it to clear off?

OK is Ur baby stooling frequently?
sugar causes our babies to stool and according to d doc when d baby stools frequently, part of d lining of d intestines (I think) would be passed along with d stool. but I was assured its nothing to worry about. iv not seen yours tho but u can also check Google about slimy poo n u would see pics of those that r normal.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 8:31pm On Jul 20, 2016
Liftedhands:
How about the chaff Grinding dry is not an issue but how to take out the chaff whilst in dry form? I'm interested in it too but cants seem to find how to go about the sieving undecided

Some guy advertised the powdered form a while back and I've been meaning to contact him but not convinced of its hygiene.
Cc barag
it's not necessary but if u want to sieve, just d normal sieve for Elubo (powdered amala).
It will just be like wheat powder so for me I don't sieve cos d chaff has its own nutrients.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 9:00pm On Jul 20, 2016
barag:
Good morning mamas in the House. I'm a ftm with a baby who wld b 7 months in a week time. I started her on cerelac but now I want to make pap for her. I just want to ask if I can grind d millet/guinea corn into powder instead of d normal way it is done ie grinding with water and sieving. does anyone make her's like this? how did u do it? pls make una no vex say na question I take introduce myself o. thanks.
cc: zaynie Dr Ada and other sabi mamas

by d way zaynie and goldenruby I enjoy reading Ur diaries.

no payment of dues here abi?

In my opinion.
The process of pap making is a fermentation process. There's the elimination of germs, breakdown of complex sugar and amino acids into ready to be absorbed sugar and amino acids. etc. There's an increase in the population of the good kind of bacteria that is found in the intestines etc.
I think you shouldn't skip all these processes. Each step is very important.

Modified :the chaff is actually the proteinous part so you may want to skip sieving but please ferment (soak for 48 hours before grinding ).
You may ferment, dry and then mill.

Thanks for taking an interest in my diary.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 9:49pm On Jul 20, 2016
soonest:

Does it not need to be fermented? Will boiling water be enough to cook it? Or will it be prepared like watery semo? Sorry for my many questions
No need to be fermented cos u will not soak it, just washing.
Yes like watery semo/custard. just d normal way pap is prepared but pls cook for like 2 mins for babies. Adult can take d normal one prepared only with boiling water.
In fact, u can add dried sweet potato, groundnuts to d grains u want to grind.
It is easy to preserve, no need of changing water everyday.
Can also be prepared as solid for the family Like wheat or semi.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 9:54pm On Jul 20, 2016
I just read about mummy Zaynie's method now that it can be fermented before grinding.
Though I do both i. e the normal pap and the dried one. but I soak mine for 24hrs cos of smell.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by barag(f): 10:17pm On Jul 20, 2016
zaynie:

In my opinion.
The process of pap making is a fermentation process. There's the elimination of germs, breakdown of complex sugar and amino acids into ready to be absorbed sugar and amino acids. etc. There's an increase in the population of the good kind of bacteria that is found in the intestines etc.

Modified :the chaff is actually the proteinous part so you may want to skip sieving but please ferment (soak for 48 hours before grinding ).

alright tnx. wld soak it tomorrow.
@soonest thank too
@liftedhands oya o let's try this together
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by barag(f): 10:18pm On Jul 20, 2016
zaynie:

In my opinion.

@comt2011 thank too
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 10:28pm On Jul 20, 2016
Thanks for the explanation @ comtem2011 .

Barag I've still got the wet one, will try wen it finishes.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by soonest(f): 10:36pm On Jul 20, 2016
barag:

@soonest thank too
Mama pls keep us updated on how it goes i.e the dried fermented one. Tnx
Contem2011, tnx for d explanation. Will give it a try soon
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by helovesme(f): 10:45pm On Jul 20, 2016
zionx

So sorry for your loss. God will comfort you and your family and give you all the grace and strength you need. Amen.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ozycy: 10:53pm On Jul 20, 2016
zionx:
Good Evening Mothers, Im so sorry to deviate from the purpose of creating this thread but I need help on how to cope. I just lost my husband... A gallant officer... He died an hero... He died while serving his fatherland. He gave his life for this nation.. .Boko Haram cut his life short.....Im so devastated right now.. .dunno where to start from.. .He left behind a 4 months old baby.. I dunno if there is anyone that has ever been in my shoe. I need advice on how to cope cos right now it is still like a dream to me. I cant believe this is happening to me. ***crying***
So sorry for your loss. Pls be strong for yourself and your baby. May his soul RIP.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by barag(f): 10:56pm On Jul 20, 2016
zaynie:

In my opinion.

@comtem2011 thanks too
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jul 20, 2016
barag:
no payment of dues here abi?
Thank you mama kiss
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jul 20, 2016

14 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MamaOO: 11:22pm On Jul 20, 2016
zionx:
Good Evening Mamas... Thanks so much for your prayers and words of encouragement... It has really helped me. I feel so much loved. 'Weeping may endure for a night but joy comes in the morning'....Love you all.
May God give you the fortitude to bear this irreparable loss and may you receive the strength to carry on in these trying times. His death shall not be in vain and may he find eternal rest. I am deeply sorry for your loss, sister. Please let us know if you need any help. #PrayersUp

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by stadora(f): 12:32am On Jul 21, 2016
tracysparkle:
zionx:pls take heart and be strong for you son....May God comfort and provide for you....May he rest in the Lord's blossom.

mammas in the house pls my 2weeks old baby has a white tongue....I have cleaned and cleaned but it remains white.....anyone experienced this and what do I do.plus he sleeps thru the day and stays awake fussing and crying...it's so frustrating.mamas pls help
my lo had such white patches den in his tongue, but it later disapeared on its own. It stil apears even now but clears on its own aswel. So i gues u shud chill.
As 4 d cryin, i gues its part of d bein a mum s package a.k.a vigilante. Don't wory al dis wil soon b ova. God is our strent.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by stadora(f): 12:49am On Jul 21, 2016
comtem2011:
No need to be fermented cos u will not soak it, just washing.
Yes like watery semo/custard. just d normal way pap is prepared but pls cook for like 2 mins for babies. Adult can take d normal one prepared only with boiling water.
In fact, u can add dried sweet potato, groundnuts to d grains u want to grind.
It is easy to preserve, no need of changing water everyday.
Can also be prepared as solid for the family Like wheat or semi.
this is realy interestin, i wish i knew this method al along. Wil definitely try it out soon.
Thanks 2 u mamas 4 ds knowledge.
Pls is it posible 2 get dry groundnut dat can b grinded in2 powder, i tot it usualy comes out in butered form?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by favoredgal: 1:55am On Jul 21, 2016
zionx:
Good Evening Mothers, Im so sorry to deviate from the purpose of creating this thread but I need help on how to cope. I just lost my husband... A gallant officer... He died an hero... He died while serving his fatherland. He gave his life for this nation.. .Boko Haram cut his life short.....Im so devastated right now.. .dunno where to start from.. .He left behind a 4 months old baby.. I dunno if there is anyone that has ever been in my shoe. I need advice on how to cope cos right now it is still like a dream to me. I cant believe this is happening to me. ***crying***

Sorry for your loss
May God comfort you the way only he can

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by cherrymum1: 5:06am On Jul 21, 2016
Zionx, e-hugs to you bae, this too shall pass and the Lord would comfort u on every side. because of this, the good Lord will speak peace into our nation and the world so that ur husband will be smiling at the bosom of our Lord. Stay strong in this trying period.... God bless you dear.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dexterush(f): 7:40am On Jul 21, 2016
Zionx,am so sorry for your loss,I pray God gives you the strength to bear loss and stay strong for your son.Pele dear

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Besea(f): 8:01am On Jul 21, 2016
Zionx, I'm so sorry for your loss. I pray God gives you all it will take to pass through this trying time

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 9:06am On Jul 21, 2016
[Qquote author=barag post=47718866]Good morning mamas in the House. I'm a ftm with a baby who wld b 7 months in a week time. I started her on cerelac but now I want to make pap for her. I just want to ask if I can grind d millet/guinea corn into powder instead of d normal way it is done ie grinding with water and sieving. does anyone make her's like this? how did u do it? pls make una no vex say na question I take introduce myself o. thanks.
cc: zaynie Dr Ada and other sabi mamas
Yes you can, that's what I do, just make sure the grains dries very well before grinding, it last longer too.

by d way zaynie and goldenruby I enjoy reading Ur diaries.

no payment of dues here abi?[/quote]
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mumsgirl27(f): 9:53am On Jul 21, 2016
Good Morning mamas...Pls i need your help..My 11months baby doesn't like eating in the morning...she eats around 9am to 10am, anything before that she will waste it.Mamas pls how can I encourage to eat early...
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Proudmum(f): 10:45am On Jul 21, 2016
Zionx... I'm sorry for your loss. May almighty God give you the fortitude to bear the loss. May his soul RIP. Amen. Take heart dear

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tracysparkle: 11:18am On Jul 21, 2016
stadora:

my lo had such white patches den in his tongue, but it later disapeared on its own. It stil apears even now but clears on its own aswel. So i gues u shud chill.
As 4 d cryin, i gues its part of d bein a mum s package a.k.a vigilante. Don't wory al dis wil soon b ova. God is our strent.
thanks alot
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 11:36am On Jul 21, 2016
mumsgirl27:
Good Morning mamas...Pls i need your help..My 11months baby doesn't like eating in the morning...she eats around 9am to 10am, anything before that she will waste it.Mamas pls how can I encourage to eat early...

Does she suck all night? Or perhaps eats in the middle of the night. She might also not be an early eater, I know I am not . To me, 9-10 is good enough for breakfast.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by helovesme(f): 11:48am On Jul 21, 2016
mumsgirl27:

My son is about the same age as yours. Like yours, he eats very little or nothing at all around that time. I tried all sorts (cereal, toast, etc) but he kept wasting them before my hubby told me to try milk (formula) only and it worked.

So what I do is give him (between 7-10am) 80-100ml of formula (milk) - this satisfies him and I drop him off at his nursery. Please note that he wakes up most nights to breastfeed.

However after a little play at his nursery, he is keen on breakfast (usually between 10am -11am) so he gets cereal, oat cakes, fruits or whatever is on their breakfast menu.

Babies are constantly changing. Around 8-9months, I dare not leave the house in the morning without feeding him a healthy portion of cereal but now things have changed.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by IryNky: 12:27pm On Jul 21, 2016
zionx:

am really sorry pls be strong God will strengthen u.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (567) (568) (569) (570) (571) (572) (573) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.