Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,771 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:37 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (643) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4391792 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (640) (641) (642) (643) (644) (645) (646) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by phunmykay(f): 7:02am On Sep 29, 2016
Adeime:
Hello mamas pls i need ur input as I am due to resume to work soon and I'd have to start exoressing breast milk for my LO. Kindly help with the following question
1.Can I use other tightlt sealed plastic containers to store the milk or must it be specifically labeled milk storage containers
2.mamas that use creche do you go with the frozen milk and let them thaw it themselves or you thaw before leaving the house,I have those feeding bottle warmers do I put the frozen milk there or warm
3.Is it advisable to express d night or day before for the next day use or
4.A mama mentioned about hind milk and baby's poop.please advise on this as well
Please also share any other useful information .
Many thanks all for always being there
Answer to question 2,what I do is after expressing the milk,I put it in hot water and take to the creche in hot vacuum flask.
Answer to question 3,I express in the night and in the morning cos I don't refrigerate my milk and I must take at least 2 bottles
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Graciouscharis: 7:26am On Sep 29, 2016
phunmykay:
Answer to question 2,what I do is after expressing the milk,I put it in hot water and take to the creche in hot vacuum flask.
Answer to question 3,I express in the night and in the morning cos I don't refrigerate my milk and I must take at least 2 bottles

Please don't put BM in hot water. Use room temp water and then use warm water to warm it before giving it to ur baby.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Graciouscharis: 8:03am On Sep 29, 2016
Adeime:
Hello mamas pls i need ur input as I am due to resume to work soon and I'd have to start exoressing breast milk for my LO. Kindly help with the following question
1.Can I use other tightlt sealed plastic containers to store the milk or must it be specifically labeled milk storage containers

You can use it. Make sure it is air tight.

2.mamas that use creche do you go with the frozen milk and let them thaw it themselves or you thaw before leaving the house,I have those feeding bottle warmers do I put the frozen milk there or warm

Discuss this with the creche. You may thaw d first one the baby will use and leave the other ones for them to thaw. You can thaw all if the creche has a fridge to keep the milk before use.

3.Is it advisable to express d night or day before for the next day use or

This depends on your supply. You can keep it for 24hrs, refrigerate for 3 days and freeze for upto six months.

4.A mama mentioned about hind milk and baby's poop.please advise on this as well
Please also share any other useful information .
Many thanks all for always being there

Please check my notes under each question.
Please always allow your baby to empty one breast before switching to the other one. Since you'll be returning to work soon I'll suggest you pump after breastfeeding d baby. This will also help your supply. Always empty your breast that is the surest way to know you are getting the hind milk.
Please, don't use hot water to warm your breast milk as it destroys the nutrients in it. Use warm water and shake at interval. While expressing you can use warm towel to massage your breast, this helps too. Take lots of water and please, hygiene is of upmost importance.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Adeime: 8:08am On Sep 29, 2016
Many thanks mama I really appreciate . However since u express at night how do you keep it till the next day as bm not refrigerated only last for about 4hrs
phunmykay:
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Adeime: 8:10am On Sep 29, 2016
Many thanks mama......God bless u real good
Graciouscharis:

Please check my notes under each question.
Please always allow your baby to empty one breast before switching to the other one. Since you'll be returning to work soon I'll suggest you pump after breastfeeding d baby. This will also help your supply. Always empty your breast that is the surest way to know you are getting the hind milk.
Please, don't use hot water to warm your breast milk as it destroys the nutrients in it. Use warm water and shake at interval. While expressing you can use warm towel to massage your breast, this helps too. Take lots of water and please, hygiene is of upmost importance.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by cutiereborn(f): 8:12am On Sep 29, 2016
Good morning lovely Mothers!
Please help me celebrate and bless God.
My princess, Olivia is One today.
Sweetheart, you will live long on earth to fulfill God's purpose for your life, Amen.
Happy Birthday!!!
Modified
Pics taken down.
God bless you Mamas for all the mentions & likes. Princess Olivia gives you all a big kiss.
We all always rejoice over our precious ones, Amen.

27 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MizOmalicha(f): 8:33am On Sep 29, 2016
Bisoye82:

Take him to the hospital quickly pls.
Thnks ma'am.. I did and was told he's ok, i kept him sooo close 2d tv and d Pead said dat must hv affected him

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 8:34am On Sep 29, 2016
cutiereborn:
Sweetheart, you will live long on earth to fulfill God's purpose for your life, Amen.
Happy Birthday!!!
Happy birthday princess, u shall excel in life and your destiny shall not be cut short. You are lifted!

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 8:38am On Sep 29, 2016
ozycy:

How many times does she poo in a day? If you know her routine, you can target and put her so as to avoid washing diaper with poo. You can also put her from time to time to piss especially after drinking plenty water.

She doesn't poo every day which is why a routine is a bit difficult. But I'll do the rest, thanks.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 8:40am On Sep 29, 2016
cutiereborn:
Happy Birthday!!!

Happy birthday Olivia! Have a wonderful day and may you continue to bloom and grow wonderfully.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by cutiereborn(f): 8:40am On Sep 29, 2016
comtem2011:
Happy birthday princess, u shall excel in life and your destiny shall not be cut short. You are lifted!
Thank you Ma.
In another news, I intend weaning her today, but don't know how to go about it as BM is her "midnight snack". Though I have been telling her she would stop BM today, but she still took early this morning. Please help!

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by cutiereborn(f): 8:45am On Sep 29, 2016
Onegai:

Happy birthday Olivia! Have a wonderful day and may you continue to bloom and grow wonderfully.
Thank you Ma!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Adeime: 8:50am On Sep 29, 2016
Happy birthday pretty Olivia you shall grow in wisdom and stature.amen
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 8:57am On Sep 29, 2016
happy birthday Olivia. May you bring joy to your household.
@cutiereborn, did u perm Olivia's hair before she turned one. Her hair looks very smooth in the first pic

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 9:05am On Sep 29, 2016
cutiereborn:

Thank you Ma.
In another news, I intend weaning her today, but don't know how to go about it as BM is her "midnight snack". Though I have been telling her she would stop BM today, but she still took early this morning. Please help!
My sis, I'm still thinking of how I will do it o, though I want to wean him when he is exactly 15months, but how to go about it is my concern cos he likes sucking as if his life depends on it. He just developed one habit now, he knows that after taking his growing up milk as the last food at nite, no more breastfeeding, the guy dey reject milk for nite now o but can take it anytime in the day.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by cutiereborn(f): 9:11am On Sep 29, 2016
hotmum:
happy birthday Olivia. May you bring joy to your household.
@cutiereborn, did u perm Olivia's hair before she turned one. Her hair looks very smooth in the first pic
Thank you Ma.
I didn't perm it o! Just use coconut oil & shea butter. Infact planning to barb the whole thing off by Sunday after her birthday party as the back hair is not growing at all.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by osas4g: 9:13am On Sep 29, 2016
cutiereborn:
Happy Birthday!!!

Happy birthday Princess. May you grow in outstanding wisdom from.God. Amen

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by cutiereborn(f): 9:15am On Sep 29, 2016
comtem2011:
My sis, I'm still thinking of how I will do it o, though I want to wean him when he is exactly 15months, but how to go about it is my concern cos he likes sucking as if his life depends on it. He just developed one habit now, he knows that after taking his growing up milk as the last food at nite, no more breastfeeding, the guy dey reject milk for nite now o but can take it anytime in the day.
Hmmmm, sabi Mamas, put mouth o! Cos me I can't wait till she is 15months. And she sucks like 3-4times @ night. But during the day, she takes pap & cereal, except when I go to pick her from cre'che, I give her once we get back home.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by cutiereborn(f): 9:19am On Sep 29, 2016
osas4g:

Happy birthday Princess. May you grow in outstanding wisdom from.God. Amen
Amen! Thank you Ma.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mamabigboy: 9:52am On Sep 29, 2016
cutiereborn:
Happy Birthday!!!

Happy birthday Olivia, may you continue to grow in wisdom
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by cutiereborn(f): 9:59am On Sep 29, 2016
Mamabigboy:

Happy birthday Olivia, may you continue to grow in wisdom
Amen, Thank you Ma.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Gaily04(f): 10:40am On Sep 29, 2016
cutiereborn:
Happy Birthday!!!

Happy Birthday to baby Olivia. More of God's grace and goodness in her life. she will excel amongst her peers.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by cutiereborn(f): 11:19am On Sep 29, 2016
Gaily04:

Happy Birthday to baby Olivia. More of God's grace and goodness in her life. she will excel amongst her peers.
Amen, Thank you Ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:54am On Sep 29, 2016
cutiereborn:
Happy Birthday!!!

Happy birthday Olivia, may you live to fulfill your purpose in life, God bless you.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by cutiereborn(f): 12:18pm On Sep 29, 2016
Prettyhurts:

Happy birthday Olivia, may you live to fulfill your purpose in life, God bless you.
Amen, Ise! Thank you Ma.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mumsgirl27(f): 12:37pm On Sep 29, 2016
cutiereborn:
Happy Birthday!!!

Happy birthday Olivia....God blessing be upon you and family.Amen

I also want to stop my 13months daughter from breasting but na war zone once i dont give her at night angry angry, don't no what to do

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lastbornop: 12:42pm On Sep 29, 2016
Doubledouble:

Fennel and basil oils can be gotten in good pharmaceutical stores...make sure it's the one you can use on the skin. I think Onegai has talked about where you can get it in the past. Take 3 drops and mix with pea sized cold pressed virgin coconut oil. Rub on the boobies avoiding the nipple and areola. Try this and come testify...I pray it works for u...I didn't lactate well at the beginning cos I had to use diuretics. So I really worked on lactating no be small. Pump regularly...even after feeding baby as this signals the brain that baby needs more milk. Take loads of warm fluid, water still remains the best.

Boiling fennel seeds like tea is also good and chew the boiled seeds too. If you don't mind piling on weight this helps too: raisins, dried fruits, currants et al. It's too sweet for my taste but ate it about 2ce n it was good, plus my sis in-law swears by it. Now another big one is REST. Might sound unbelievable, but give it a trial. Try sleep after feeding baby and see what your boobies feels like when you wake up. Milk production rate is highest during the sleep hours.

Pls don't beat yourself up, if you try all or feel too stressed n milk still not enough for baby. There's nothing wrong in trying formula...the most important thing is to feed our baby and have them faring well. Never feel or allow anyone make you feel guilty. Trying our best is all we can do.

So many things...but typing isn't my forte. Wish you the very best on this journey.

Thanks Sis! Really appreciate ur comment. Do av a grt day!
I think rest is essential coz I always feel full whenever I wake up.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mumsgirl27(f): 12:50pm On Sep 29, 2016
Good afternoon mamas...I want to change my 13months old daughter milk from NAN 3 to another milk, she is rejecting the NAN. Please which other ones can I get and the price.Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by IryNky: 1:10pm On Sep 29, 2016
cutiereborn:
Happy Birthday!!!
Happy birthday Olivia. Grow with grace.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 1:53pm On Sep 29, 2016
Sorry for derailing this thread but I've to. Have not seen these mama's moniker commenting for long.
Please #AWAYU
enkaydewdrop..... How's baby Jay doing? Hope you're ok ma'am? We miss your kikikikiki
fortuis... How's big boy and baby girl? We're sorry if we said something that hurt you in anyway.
helovesme... Mama are you still angry in any with us? We're sorry you hear.. Even when you're cc you hardly comment or reply..
zaynie... Hope you are good and enjoying your new job? I read your diary from beginning to end, I'm even following it.
Gaily04.... My able captain, hope you are doing good and our Lo's are great too?
goldenruby.... I joined pregnancy thread late but I believe we're team May. Saw mumi zaynie post about someone creating a new moniker just to send you a pm to bash you. I believe the person is not a lady neither a woman cos I believe that ladies are seen, known but not heard, let me just label the person a coward. Hope you are good??
ahnie... Mumi Zino, how's zino doing and mini one that is still baking?? Next time zino catch you taking her goldenmorn just tell her you're not the one eating it but her baby.
liftedhands... How's Ekene? Are you still doing ọmụgwọ for your sister? Hope her baby is totally fine now?? I hardly comment on pregnancy thread but I read about the jaundice.. Before I forget how's our SIL triplets doing, hope they're baking well??

I'm not really familiar with monikers but if I missed yours just know you're important to us in one way or the other. We love you and we miss you.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by christybabe(f): 2:05pm On Sep 29, 2016
Happy birthday baby Olivia, age with grace little one.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by everfaithfulGod(f): 2:42pm On Sep 29, 2016
cutiereborn:
Happy Birthday!!!
Happy birthday to pretty damsel Olivia. You shall continue to grow in wisdom, knowledge,understanding and stature. congratulations ma'am.

(1) (2) (3) ... (640) (641) (642) (643) (644) (645) (646) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.