Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,757 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:21 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (642) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4391782 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (639) (640) (641) (642) (643) (644) (645) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MumZ(f): 4:02am On Sep 28, 2016
Pls mamas dat stay around iyana ipaja, where is d nearest health centre located? I stay on NYSc road nd I need 2 give my lo his immunization. Tank u.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by stadora(f): 4:39am On Sep 28, 2016
comtem2011:
My love @ 1

hapy birthday hansome cutie, may ur days be as bright as d mornin star. Shine on
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Doubledouble: 5:38am On Sep 28, 2016
comtem2011:
Happy Birthday to you my son
You've brought so much joy

A very happy birthday to our dear e-son...wishing him the very best of God in all his endeavours...in Jesus name, Amen!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Doubledouble: 5:59am On Sep 28, 2016
lastbornop:

Gud morning Mamas!
Plz where can one get ds fennel n basil oil. I really want a boosted breast milk dt I can even express for LO.

Will d ewedu be boiled without kaun (potash) n will it b mashed wif blender?
CC: All sabi Mamas

Fennel and basil oils can be gotten in good pharmaceutical stores...make sure it's the one you can use on the skin. I think Onegai has talked about where you can get it in the past. Take 3 drops and mix with pea sized cold pressed virgin coconut oil. Rub on the boobies avoiding the nipple and areola. Try this and come testify...I pray it works for u...I didn't lactate well at the beginning cos I had to use diuretics. So I really worked on lactating no be small. Pump regularly...even after feeding baby as this signals the brain that baby needs more milk. Take loads of warm fluid, water still remains the best.

Boiling fennel seeds like tea is also good and chew the boiled seeds too. If you don't mind piling on weight this helps too: raisins, dried fruits, currants et al. It's too sweet for my taste but ate it about 2ce n it was good, plus my sis in-law swears by it. Now another big one is REST. Might sound unbelievable, but give it a trial. Try sleep after feeding baby and see what your boobies feels like when you wake up. Milk production rate is highest during the sleep hours.

Pls don't beat yourself up, if you try all or feel too stressed n milk still not enough for baby. There's nothing wrong in trying formula...the most important thing is to feed our baby and have them faring well. Never feel or allow anyone make you feel guilty. Trying our best is all we can do.

So many things...but typing isn't my forte. Wish you the very best on this journey.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Doubledouble: 6:25am On Sep 28, 2016
Hello mamas!
I need opinions and advise. My kids have wasted all the cereal I bought. Not even half of Gerber cereal did they eat...after buying so much! I was of the school of thought that it's whatever you teach/introduce to them they will take after all, what do they know?? So I bought plenty but they've shown me they are the ones in control not me!

With my tail in between my legs, I listened to my sis and tried pap- after all my mouth on never giving babies pap...smh. Anyways, they take pap like PROS. My 1st problem is the groundnut powder I mix the pap with. If there's a tiny seed of groundnut my girl will gag n throw up. I now decided to blend with a lil water into paste n refrigerate. Is this okay?? How long can it keep?? Refrigerator is on 90% of the time. Is there any other way to incorporate the groundnut with the pap grains??

The other thing is my boy- still not eating much solids. The first few mins he will open his mouth and eat but loses interest after 4-5 tiny filled spoons. He will shut the mouth like those soldiers guarding Aso Rock. Thing is if you smear on his lips or by mistake get the food into his mouth, he will lick n eat ooo, but to open the mouth of his free will, that is like world war 3. How do I get him to eat better?? Feeding time with him does my head in. His food is still mainly formula, he weaned himself from breast milk at 8months. His weight is fantastic and his paediatrician, thinks am worrying over nothing...but she's not the one buying formulas...

Pls I need help before I run away...

Cc: all sabi mamas, babythug, onegai, helovesme, ozycy, alphaandmaiden, the whole world
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 6:53am On Sep 28, 2016
Doubledouble:

A very happy birthday to our dear e-son...wishing him the very best of God in all his endeavours...in Jesus name, Amen!
Amen, God bless you mama.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 7:05am On Sep 28, 2016
barak4real:
Good evening mama...please can my dd of 2 wks has appolo...and if yes what is the cure .... my mil visited us yesterday and she has apollo but when my dd woke up this morning i saw that there is mucus in her left eyes but this evening after shw woke up her left side was reddish .....

Note:. My Mil left today to avoid my dd from contacting it
Cc all mamas

I think you can check at the hospital with your doctor. 2 weeks old baby is too fragile for us to be telling you to go and buy anything to apply.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 7:14am On Sep 28, 2016
Doubledouble:
Hello mamas!
I need opinions and advise. My kids have wasted all the cereal I bought. Not even half of Gerber cereal did they eat...after buying so much! I was of the school of thought that it's whatever you teach/introduce to them they will take after all, what do they know?? So I bought plenty but they've shown me they are the ones in control not me!

With my tail in between my legs, I listened to my sis and tried pap- after all my mouth on never giving babies pap...smh. Anyways, they take pap like PROS. My 1st problem is the groundnut powder I mix the pap with. If there's a tiny seed of groundnut my girl will gag n throw up. I now decided to blend with a lil water into paste n refrigerate. Is this okay?? How long can it keep?? Refrigerator is on 90% of the time. Is there any other way to incorporate the groundnut with the pap grains??

The other thing is my boy- still not eating much solids. The first few mins he will open his mouth and eat but loses interest after 4-5 tiny filled spoons. He will shut the mouth like those soldiers guarding Aso Rock. Thing is if you smear on his lips or by mistake get the food into his mouth, he will lick n eat ooo, but to open the mouth of his free will, that is like world war 3. How do I get him to eat better?? Feeding time with him does my head in. His food is still mainly formula, he weaned himself from breast milk at 8months. His weight is fantastic and his paediatrician, thinks am worrying over nothing...but she's not the one buying formulas...

Pls I need help before I run away...

When I had Baby E, I switched from Enfamil to Gerber formula. She drank it readily so I bought like 6 and packed it in my box and flew more down. At 5 months, I put a bottle in her mouth and she gave me a look that translated to "What is this sh*#?!". Na so the security's child enjoyed formula of N10,000 per can (my house in Heaven must be furnished with antique wood and silver for that blessing I passed on wink).
Feeding for them is always like that. We have chased her around the living room, begged, sang, ended up try in 3 different meals at mealtime. The more you stress, the harder the baby fights you. So even if it hard, DON'T STRESS IT! Always have his backup meal at hand. Right now, Baby E will throw rice out of her mouth if you give her with a spoon, then calmly sit on the carpet and feed herself every grain. As long it enters her mouth, I don't care how it entered! As for buying of formula, just do like my mum: every time we buy from her, she collects the payment 3 times over (something of N1000 can be paid for 3 times, paying N3000). That is her "retirement find fund from childhood".

I don't know about the groundnut paste, I'd be scared but can you freeze it?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bigsholly(f): 7:34am On Sep 28, 2016
@mumZ the health center in iyana ipaja is at alguntan bus stop. Let me try and describe when you get to justrite at iyana ipaja walk down a little there is a road behind diamond bank walk down that road you will see the health centre N.B there are bike man there as well but its just like 5min walk from the junction to the health center HTH

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 10:36am On Sep 28, 2016
stadora:

hapy birthday hansome cutie, may ur days be as bright as d mornin star. Shine on
God bless you ma.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MumZ(f): 10:52am On Sep 28, 2016
bigsholly:
@mumZ the health center in iyana ipaja is at alguntan bus stop. Let me try and describe when you get to justrite at iyana ipaja walk down a little there is a road behind diamond bank walk down that road you will see the health centre N.B there are bike man there as well but its just like 5min walk from the junction to the health center HTH

Thank u very much, it sure helps. Pls do u av an idea on d day of d week immunization is given dere? Tanks.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mompurity2: 12:56pm On Sep 28, 2016
Hello mamas. Been a while I posted here. Welcome to the new mamas.

MY LOS of 13weeks plus no longer sleep until about 11.:30pm and then sleep without waking up to feed till 5am or so.
Should I wake them to feed at night or just allow them to sleep till 5am?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 1:10pm On Sep 28, 2016
mompurity2:

MY LOS of 13weeks plus no longer sleep until about 11.:30pm and then sleep without waking up to feed till 5am or so.
cc: onegai, soonest, helovesme, alphahandmaiden, experienced mamas
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bigsholly(f): 1:33pm On Sep 28, 2016
@mumZ I'm not sure but I think all health center in lagos give immunization the same day. This depend on how old your lo is from birth to three month is on wednesday then six months upward is on thursday.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Doubledouble: 2:53pm On Sep 28, 2016
Onegai:

When I had Baby E, I switched from Enfamil to Gerber formula. She drank it readily so I bought like 6 and packed it in my box and flew more down. At 5 months, I put a bottle in her mouth and she gave me a look that translated to "What is this sh*#?!". Na so the security's child enjoyed formula of N10,000 per can (my house in Heaven must be furnished with antique wood and silver for that blessing I passed on wink).
Feeding for them is always like that. We have chased her around the living room, begged, sang, ended up try in 3 different meals at mealtime. The more you stress, the harder the baby fights you. So even if it hard, DON'T STRESS IT! Always have his backup meal at hand. Right now, Baby E will throw rice out of her mouth if you give her with a spoon, then calmly sit on the carpet and feed herself every grain. As long it enters her mouth, I don't care how it entered! As for buying of formula, just do like my mum: every time we buy from her, she collects the payment 3 times over (something of N1000 can be paid for 3 times, paying N3000). That is her "retirement find fund from childhood".

I don't know about the groundnut paste, I'd be scared but can you freeze it?

Madame, you need to see how I bursted out in laughter...people around me must have wondered if they were safe. That your house antique wood must be superb...lol. I have really been looking forward to stopping serious purchase of similac but now the LOs are not cooperating. God help us!

Don't know about freezing groundnut paste...will wait for other mamas inputs and if not forthcoming, will re park myself.

Thank you for your prompt response...
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 6:43pm On Sep 28, 2016
mompurity2:

I dunno, I'm of 2 minds: my sanity-loving mind asks why on earth you would want to wake sleeping babies when you should be doing your best to get a little more sleep and be grateful they're even sleeping through the night. My Mother mind wonders if they got enough to eat during the day and if they didn't, maybe you should wake them up.

I do know a lot of people say Babies and Children will never starve themselves. If you are stuffing them with milk at 11pm, I think it's fine. Go get some sleep, perhaps?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 6:47pm On Sep 28, 2016
Guys, how was your day? I went to Balogun, Oke Arin, Dosunmu, Tom Jones, Oyingbo and Iddo all in one day. All by myself! So proud of me! I'm a grown-up now smiley kiss

We have started potty-training. I know to put her on the potty in the morning but when else during the day do I put her on the potty?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 6:48pm On Sep 28, 2016
comtem2011:
Happy
Birthday to you my son
You've brought so much joy
With every little thing you do
I'm glad that you're my boy

Happy Birthday , Baby Olamide. May you continue to grow in God's wisdom, knowledge and good stature. May you be a source of joy and blessing to your parent. Among your colleagues, you shall be outstanding. Amen.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 6:52pm On Sep 28, 2016
Hullo, Zionx. How are you and your LO?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 7:03pm On Sep 28, 2016

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 7:40pm On Sep 28, 2016
zionx:

Happy Birthday , Baby Olamide. May you continue to grow in God's wisdom, knowledge and good stature. May you be a source of joy and blessing to your parent. Among your colleagues, you shall be outstanding. Amen.
Amen mama, how are you doing and our baby. The Lord is your strength.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ozycy: 8:05pm On Sep 28, 2016
nazablossom:
thanks, i guard it with my life now
Guard it well o, some schools especially abroad request for it if you wanna enroll your kid

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mompurity2: 8:16pm On Sep 28, 2016
Onegai:

I dunno, I'm of 2 minds: my sanity-loving mind asks why on earth you would want to wake sleeping babies when you should be doing your best to get a little more sleep and be grateful they're even sleeping through the night. My Mother mind wonders if they got enough to eat during the day and if they didn't, maybe you should wake them up.

I do know a lot of people say Babies and Children will never starve themselves. If you are stuffing them with milk at 11pm, I think it's fine. Go get some sleep, perhaps?
my dear. It happened the day before yesterday and last night. Last night I woke around 3 and fed them in their sleep. They den woke to 6 this morning and ate like never before. We were told in the hospital to always feed them every 2 hours but what I am not sure of is if they have outgrown the 2 hour feeding schedule to feeding on demand.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ozycy: 8:37pm On Sep 28, 2016
Onegai:
Guys, how was your day? I went to Balogun, Oke Arin, Dosunmu, Tom Jones, Oyingbo and Iddo all in one day. All by myself! So proud of me! I'm a grown-up now smiley kiss

We have started potty-training. I know to put her on the potty in the morning but when else during the day do I put her on the potty?
How many times does she poo in a day? If you know her routine, you can target and put her so as to avoid washing diaper with poo. You can also put her from time to time to piss especially after drinking plenty water.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 9:55pm On Sep 28, 2016
Onegai:

Shu, me I started potty training since 6 months o, now he is a master user of it. We use it every morning.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 10:58pm On Sep 28, 2016
mompurity2:

Hian!!!! Mothers all over the world will be giving you serious envy side eye for this.....

Better adjust your pillow and let your sleep enter gear 2!!!

If your babies are hungry they will wake up. If they are happy to sleep through the night dont bother waking them as you may just re-condition them to waking at regular intervals through the night.

If they havent pooed either, dont even wake to chànge nappy... do everything at 5 am or when they wake.

Besides enjoy it while it lasts... baby sleep patterns have been known to change.... so they may just decided 2 months down the road to start waking wvery 3 hours.. you will look back on this time with longing!

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Tojued: 10:59pm On Sep 28, 2016
Doubledouble:

Madame, you need to see how I bursted out in laughter...people around me must have wondered if they were safe. That your house antique wood must be superb...lol. I have really been looking forward to stopping serious purchase of similac but now the LOs are not cooperating. God help us!

Don't know about freezing groundnut paste...will wait for other mamas inputs and if not forthcoming, will re park myself.

Thank you for your prompt response...

I don't know of for babies, but the homemade peanut butter I made almost two months ago tasted alright when dh finally finished it yesterday.

In short it was outside the fridge for almost one month, then I put it in to preserve it longer. Only thing is it got hard due to fridge temperature (which is why it then lasted another month)

I did not blend with water sha, used the dry part of my blender till it was super smooth.

Oh and I just remembered: when you blend groundnut with water in your wet blender it doesn't come out smooth at all. You still have granules to chew. (I discovered this with the last groundout soup I cooked)

P.S: resumed work on Monday, lo now on expressed milk. But the boy is pooping after every meal. Also having more green poop than usual. Can it be there's no enough hind milk in my frozen stash, and how do I correct this? He's showing signs of teething sha. Mamas here say rota vaccine helps with teething diarrhea, but what helps with the itching? It's painful to watch him being so uncomfortable.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 11:04pm On Sep 28, 2016
mompurity2:
my dear. It happened the day before yesterday and last night. Last night I woke around 3 and fed them in their sleep. They den woke to 6 this morning and ate like never before. We were told in the hospital to always feed them every 2 hours but what I am not sure of is if they have outgrown the 2 hour feeding schedule to feeding on demand.

The 2 hrs rule is for newborns, (first 4 -8 weeks) and this can be extended but should not exceed 4hrs especially if they are asleep at night.

By 13 weeks, they should be able to go longer between feeds, as their stomach capacity are larger.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by olatebony(f): 11:47pm On Sep 28, 2016
mompurity2:

please just allow them to sleep. some babies are naturally not night eaters and the more you encourage that the more easy it would be when you want to wean them. i for like make my Zara give me that style o lol cos weaning my first easnt easy. she never joked with brezz at night
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 12:26am On Sep 29, 2016
barak4real:
Good evening mama...please can my dd of 2 wks has appolo...and if yes what is the cure .... my mil visited us yesterday and she has apollo but when my dd woke up this morning i saw that there is mucus in her left eyes but this evening after shw woke up her left side was reddish .....

Note:. My Mil left today to avoid my dd from contacting it
Cc all mamas

It's possible she could have it, if her eyes become redder you'll have to see a dr straight away! For now just wipe off the mucus by the eye off with cotton wool dipped in clean water.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by olatebony(f): 12:31am On Sep 29, 2016
Prettyhurts:
#troubletime
If you've ever given your less than 6months old agbo, mumi Zaynie oil/ sugar therapy and you're saying I'm doing EBF, you're on a looong thing.

#najokeoooo

lol @secondhand exclusive.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Adeime: 3:31am On Sep 29, 2016
Hello mamas pls i need ur input as I am due to resume to work soon and I'd have to start exoressing breast milk for my LO. Kindly help with the following question
1.Can I use other tightlt sealed plastic containers to store the milk or must it be specifically labeled milk storage containers
2.mamas that use creche do you go with the frozen milk and let them thaw it themselves or you thaw before leaving the house,I have those feeding bottle warmers do I put the frozen milk there or warm
3.Is it advisable to express d night or day before for the next day use or
4.A mama mentioned about hind milk and baby's poop.please advise on this as well
Please also share any other useful information .
Many thanks all for always being there

(1) (2) (3) ... (639) (640) (641) (642) (643) (644) (645) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.