Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,970 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (645) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4406545 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (642) (643) (644) (645) (646) (647) (648) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Abiagirl777(f): 1:41am On Sep 30, 2016
hmmm,thanks mamas Onegai ,&contem,will see what has to be done.but in case anyone knows where flying carpets are sold I'd gladly buy.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by stadora(f): 2:20am On Sep 30, 2016
Doubledouble:

Madame, you need to see how I bursted out in laughter...people around me must have wondered if they were safe. That your house antique wood must be superb...lol. I have really been looking forward to stopping serious purchase of similac but now the LOs are not cooperating. God help us!

Don't know about freezing groundnut paste...will wait for other mamas inputs and if not forthcoming, will re park myself.

Thank you for your prompt response...

About the groundnut ish, i dont hv any experience abt it but i think refridgeratin wunt b a bad idea cos doing otherwise wil get d butter dried up.
I wil like to find out from u.
Did u have to soak d groundnut b4 blending? I ask because am thinkin d nut wil b hard on d blender.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Doubledouble: 4:47am On Sep 30, 2016
stadora:

About the groundnut ish, i dont hv any experience abt it but i think refridgeratin wunt b a bad idea cos doing otherwise wil get d butter dried up.
I wil like to find out from u.
Did u have to soak d groundnut b4 blending? I ask because am thinkin d nut wil b hard on d blender.

I keep asking everyone to taste, smell et al everyday...I keep getting same answer of the taste n smell is still same as the first day...no changes in LOs...

I did not soak the groundnut. I had in the past just blended the groundnut in the dry mill into powder but it was never fully smooth n my los gag if they take an ungrounded grain (still on bottles). So I didn't set out to blend into paste...I did the normal roasting of the nuts with garri, cooled and blended. It is not hard on the blades.

I intend blending another batch in the dry mill, into a paste without water- a mama talked about it here. I will see if I can get it fully smooth. Let's try find out the feasibility of soaking the groundnuts with the pap grains. That would be the best hassle free method if it's possible.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mayluv(f): 4:51am On Sep 30, 2016
good morning mamas
I would like to know if one can express milk into a single container at one time and then take as desired till exhausted before expressing afresh.
Cc: onegai alphahandmaiden
Thank you
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ozycy: 5:03am On Sep 30, 2016
cutiereborn:

Thank you Ma.
I didn't perm it o! Just use coconut oil & shea butter. Infact planning to barb the whole thing off by Sunday after her birthday party as the back hair is not growing at all.
Go Olivia is your birthday, we gonna party hard it's your birthday. Late comer like me. Happy birthday to Olivia.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ozycy: 5:19am On Sep 30, 2016
tyconcepts:

Happy baby Olivia....First always you will be.

My secret : I have plans to name my next baby (I wish for a baby girl) OLIVIA.
I wanted to name my baby Olivia too but hubby no wan use ear hear am lol, I rather choose Sophie.
Hubby was like which one is Olivia in his mind he go dey hear Oliver de coque the musician grin

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ozycy: 5:24am On Sep 30, 2016
rofemiguwa:

O boy!!
I planned to go get vaccinated but my boss told me it isnt 4 me.my time haf pass.
Googled.they said dir is still some form of protection but not fully.
Jus confused now
You just have to go for the cervical cancer test/check (pap smear). They made it compulsory during 6weeks checkup. Your time for the vaccine haf expired.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by phunmykay(f): 5:26am On Sep 30, 2016
Adeime:
Many thanks mama I really appreciate . However since u express at night how do you keep it till the next day as bm not refrigerated only last for about 4hrs
I put it in flask
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ozycy: 5:31am On Sep 30, 2016
Abiagirl777:
hmmm,thanks mamas Onegai ,&contem,will see what has to be done.but in case anyone knows where flying carpets are sold I'd gladly buy.
Flying carpet? Warris that? cry grin

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ozycy: 5:34am On Sep 30, 2016
phunmykay:
I put it in flask
Hot or cold? Expressed milk is not supposed to stay for long if not refrigerated.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ozycy: 5:40am On Sep 30, 2016
Doubledouble my groundnut paste stayed for one year. I sent my sis inlaw moni and she made one big bucket of it. We stored in the freezer and usually bring out some and put in the fridge. Yes it gets hard just like when you put butter inside fridge. The taste never changed till the last drop finished. That one used mostly for eating garden egg. So yours should last too.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iomoge2(f): 5:43am On Sep 30, 2016
Good morning Mamas.... by the grace of God almighty, i would become one of you.... very soon.... b4 30days as I want to port.
i have a serious concern "colic"
I cry imagining my little one in pains 4 4months.
So i saw a place a mama said she was advised to give her baby coconut milk as the first thing after birth to prevent colic....
I sure will make it myself n make it vry hygenic but my issue is, has any one used it or heard of where it is been used

If yes, please throw more light.
Gracias
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 7:01am On Sep 30, 2016
iomoge2:
Good morning Mamas.... by the grace of God almighty, i would become one of you.... very soon.... b4 30days as I want to port.
So i saw a place a mama said she was advised to give her baby coconut milk as the first thing after birth to prevent colic....
I sure will make it myself n make it vry hygenic but my issue is, has any one used it or heard of where it is been used

Gracias
I don't know about the coconut idea, but massaging helps my baby. MIL massaged the tummy after the cort fell off.

Wishing you safe delivery.

cc: soonest onegai Tojued aplhandmaiden and other mamas, chook mouth o.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 7:10am On Sep 30, 2016
iomoge2:

Gracias

My cousin's wife told me she used it for her son, twas the first thing she gave him before breastfeeding him and swore that colic never disturbed him. My midwife told me the same thing. (2-3 spoons)

I got the info late, tried it shaa but it didn't work. Maybe will try it with my second baby

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sayoddy(f): 8:14am On Sep 30, 2016
At last, we've reached 6months mark weighing 10.1kg and with two teeth.
He's eating pureed food and cerelac but still sucks breast as if he wasn't eating at all.
In a short time he's beening crawling, has scattered the whole house upside down.

29 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 8:41am On Sep 30, 2016
mompurity2:
Thanks mamas. You mamas are my go- to mamas.  AlphaHandMaiden, olatebony, pintoxx,
The reason for my worry is that they were born preterm and I am still trying my best to make them out on weight quick.
I have some more questions. .............
Is it normal for my babies to be taking 90ml of milk for more than 2 weeks now? I thought their demand is supposed to be increasing like every week.

Would it also be okay if I introduce pap and other cereal when they are 4months plus?
One of my friends said post partum belt widens/opens the vjay, how true is that?

Should I also expect them to achieve their milestones like sitting at 4months old, crawling, walking etc like most full term babies??

I never used a postpartum belt but how does something going round the abdomen affects the vajayjay?! Your friend's story sounds suspicious. For semi-solids, wait until 5 months please. Preterm babies are calculated differently so your average 6 months baby will be 5 months and some weeks (depending on the length of preterm). Are they gaining weight? If they are, maybe 90ml is fine.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 8:43am On Sep 30, 2016
mayluv:
good morning mamas
I would like to know if one can express milk into a single container at one time and then take as desired till exhausted before expressing afresh.
Cc: alphahandmaiden
Thank you

I don't think so because I believe I remember you were not supposed to be constantly thawing and refreezing breastmilk. Perhaps try smaller containers.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 8:45am On Sep 30, 2016
iomoge2:

Gracias

I've never heard of the Coconut milk thingie so I don't know if it will work, sorry. Don't stress about Colic, let's focus on birthing that baby first smiley

6 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 8:49am On Sep 30, 2016
Good morning Everyone!

Sayoddy has started today's edition of #Threadbabies!! So let's see those toothless grins, that naughty smile, the funky hairdos and lots more!

Sayoddy, 2 teeth at 6 months is very good
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mompurity2: 9:23am On Sep 30, 2016
Onegai:

I never used a postpartum belt but how does something going round the abdomen affects the vajayjay?! Your friend's story sounds suspicious. For semi-solids, wait until 5 months please. Preterm babies are calculated differently so your average 6 months baby will be 5 months and some weeks (depending on the length of preterm). Are they gaining weight? If they are, maybe 90ml is fine.
thanks for responding. Lol. I never believed her either. She saw it on my bed and was like , babe, this thing go widen your vijay ooooo. Lol

Okay. I will hold on till 5months then.

Yes, they are gaining weight on 90ml. But recently I no longer feel like they are gaining weight as before (maybe it's cos I see them all the time, I dunno ).
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tyconcepts(f): 9:23am On Sep 30, 2016
ozycy:

I wanted to name my baby Olivia too but hubby no wan use ear hear am lol, I rather choose Sophie.
Hubby was like which one is Olivia in his mind he go dey hear Oliver de coque the musician grin

Oliver de coque ke grin grin E no just like the name at all.

Sophie is sweet too.

All of us wan be 21st century mum naaa...I remember during Mofe's naming, when we mentioned Brian as his English name, my mum was like shocked 'Which one be Brian again??'....Her pronunciation of the name is tantamount to Murder embarassed And she did it on purpose.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by cutiereborn(f): 9:23am On Sep 30, 2016
ozycy:

Go Olivia is your birthday, we gonna party hard it's your birthday. Late comer like me. Happy birthday to Olivia.
Thank you Ma. You are not late atall, since the celebration will be on sunday.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tyconcepts(f): 9:28am On Sep 30, 2016
sayoddy:
He's eating pureed food and cerelac but still sucks breast as if he wasn't eating at all.
In a short time he's beening crawling, has scattered the whole house upside down.

I love love this soft baby boo kiss kiss

Allow him suck booby jare.... His daddy paid in full tongue

Impressive weight again @ 6months....2teeth already and old papa Mofe has just 4 @ 11months undecided

Correction : He's not scattering the house, he's arranging the things you couldn't arrange....Oya tell that baby thank you joooor tongue tongue

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mompurity2: 9:28am On Sep 30, 2016
Reporting live for thread babies.
First pic was taken 3days ago
2nd pic 2 weeks or more, ago

23 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rofemiguwa(f): 10:00am On Sep 30, 2016
mompurity2:

Na dis fine gehls u say no dey add weight.take ur time o.

See hw chubby dy are so cute.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mompurity2: 10:05am On Sep 30, 2016
rofemiguwa:

Na dis fine gehls u say no dey add weight.take ur time o.

See hw chubby dy are so cute.
they are boys not girls ooooo. Lol. You sure say no be picture day magnify the whole thing.lol. thank you mummy kiss kiss

Sayyody, your baby is so cute for words. Welcome ma.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dexterush(f): 10:13am On Sep 30, 2016
cutiereborn:

Thank you Ma. You are not late atall, since the celebration will be on sunday.
Ehn,did I hear well,you said whattttttt
Celebration on Sunday
LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dexterush(f): 10:15am On Sep 30, 2016
mompurity2:
Awwwww,my babies have seen wife oh, we are bring two trailer load of dollers,hope you will consider us

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dexterush(f): 10:15am On Sep 30, 2016
sayoddy:
I just love this baby,baby March of life,march on boy kiss
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dexterush(f): 10:23am On Sep 30, 2016
Make we self appear, pics taken on sunday

23 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rofemiguwa(f): 10:27am On Sep 30, 2016
Adeime if u are so stressed maybe u can introduce formula den.cos stress and producing breastmilk no dey walka o.

But if u really want to.u can try n get dose milk inducing foods like
Seseme seeds(beni seed)
Add it with ur oats and make dem together add a little ginger.
Try d fenugreek seed too.
Also. D basil oil like someone said
Try all dese now u r at home.
If it is not working out den introduce formula when u wanna resume.

I started training my daughter early to accept bottles and also to take a certain ml at certain time.she feeds every 2hrs. She started with 60mls at 6weeks. Grew to 80mls.then 100mls.she currently takes 120mls.cos i no get choice. Also not how much ur son takes at a go and at wat interval.

Also some tips express when ur breast is full not after feeding ur baby.u will get more milk. I express immediately after i come back from work.by then d breast will be so full and even leaking sef.i get as much as 3 to 4 120mls bottle.also when expressing if u can dont be in d same room with ur baby.

Thats because u will be fussing over him thereby sending stress signals to ur brain and reducing milk production.

Since u are alone u can try expressing when ur boy sleeps. So u r not bothered.get a hands free bra. That way u can play music or nairaland while expressing so u are relaxed.

Key point is u need to be relaxed to produce more milk.

Check my diary.i will post a pics of d bra there.will take it down dis evening.

Goodluck.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rofemiguwa(f): 10:33am On Sep 30, 2016
Cropped out my excess fats hehehe.

Will take dis down lata

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (642) (643) (644) (645) (646) (647) (648) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.