Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,815 members, 7,810,130 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:21 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (916) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4392041 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (913) (914) (915) (916) (917) (918) (919) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 10:05pm On May 23, 2017
Jaygrl:
Hey mamas,my son is about 1month old. He throws up Everytime he over feeds and I really do not know how to control the quantity of breast milk he takes in. Sometimes when I feel he has had enough he just keeps crying and turning his head left and right in the most pitiable manner,when I give him more I get the whole breast milk on my cloth. I have been the hospital on 2 occasions we were placed on admission for 5days and he was given antibiotics.

I am really worried because I wonder how he will put on weight with this habit. He also poops say after 2 episodes of breastfeeding,the paediatrician says it is normal though. I am a ftm,I am getting very frustrated with all these. The colic thing isn't helping matters too

So I am wondering if anyone has had same experience,let me know how it was resolved. PLEASE MAMAS HELP ME Ooooo

From my experience, my daughter takes her mouth off the breast once she is filled and even if u put it bk, d best she'll do is just lick my nip.ple...so that's how I figured she is OK.
U need to watch ur baby for certain signs when he has had enough but I think most babies do the same thing.

As for the poop, check the consistency of the poop... As long is it isn't watery or has mucus, then I think he is fine.

U can read this link for detailed info on baby poop
https://www.babycenter.com/0_baby-poop-a-complete-guide_10319333.bc

Take it easy ma'am, u n ur son are doing great.
Congrats and kisses your LO.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 10:09pm On May 23, 2017
Whyterose:
By the way,her poop had been slimmy n greenish in colour Eva since she was 2months old she's been on antibiotics bt it still comes back 2green after a while. People say its ela n Jedi Jedi. Pls how true is this?

Slimy and greenish poop can also be caused by baby not getting enough hindmilk and more of foremilk.
When u b.reastfeed or pump, do u empty one breast before switching to the other?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 10:14pm On May 23, 2017
Whyterose:
Pls my able mama's, I am in need of urgent advice. I Jst got a job wen my baby clocked 3months. Her birth weight was 2.7kg...fast forward 2her 14weeks immunization she weighed 7.5kg n we were on exclusive breastfeeding.Bt wen I resumed work I enrolled her in a creche at my work place hoping 2continue with my exclusive breastfeeding as I had an arrangement with d nanny 2call me wen Eva she cries. Bt den I discovered my baby was getting light by d day cos her initial routine was eating every 2hours b4 I started working. I den weighed her after a week at work n I discovered she dropped 2 7kg after 5days at work n her wet pampers reduced. Out of fear of starving my baby I started expressing breast milk n taking 2d creche. Then agn d kept giving stale breastmilk 2her, refusing 2throw away wen sour. Finally I concluded 2introduce formular (lactogen) bt my baby is still reducing in weight. Pls wat am I not doing right? Shd I go ahead n introduce pap? I really feel defeated as a mum. She's 4months already.

From what u have stated here, I think u need to sound some serious warning to the nanny at d creche. Y do they keep giving her sour bm??
Do u still breastfeed often since u introduced formula?

As for the Pap, I'll call out our able 'OGI Voltron' to advice u on that.. grin grin
Cc Zaynie. smiley

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Gaily04(f): 10:17pm On May 23, 2017
@Prettyhurts, longest time no see. Happy Birthday to your princess.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rofemiguwa(f): 10:24pm On May 23, 2017
Happy birthday prettyhurts mini me.may God bless u greatly.

Hello mamas. I make delicious and beautiful cakes and free cupcakes for every order from a nairaland mama.

Please order cakes for ur little ones birthday from me.
Thank u.

Am in lagos btw.

Cc. Tippex,sugah
All mamas planning sometin. Lemme add color to ur plans grin

Email me at cynthuwa_23@yahoo.com

Thank you dearies

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by voucher(f): 10:25pm On May 23, 2017
My baby hasn't pooed for four days now...we are on exclusive and we will be 11 weeks tomorrow, what can i do pls?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Twogreatnations: 10:36pm On May 23, 2017
voucher:
My baby hasn't pooed for four days now...we are on exclusive and we will be 4 months tomorrow, what can i do pls?

You need not do anything ma. Your baby is fine as it is normal for exclusively breastfed babies to go days without pooing. He will do so when he is ready. Plenty hugs
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by voucher(f): 10:48pm On May 23, 2017
Okay, thanks Twogreatnations
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 10:56pm On May 23, 2017
voucher:
My baby hasn't pooed for four days now...we are on exclusive and we will be 11 weeks tomorrow, what can i do pls?

How often does he poo normally??
My DD used to poop once in 6 days and she is fine...
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iomoge2(f): 2:11am On May 24, 2017
Whyterose:
By the way,her poop had been slimmy n greenish in colour Eva since she was 2months old she's been on antibiotics bt it still comes back 2green after a while. People say its ela n Jedi Jedi. Pls how true is this?

Been on antibiotics from 2months till now?
Who prescribed?
Antibiotics is a 5 to 10day max tin.

Did u take her to see a paed?
Please they should test her pu.
And if she is not running temprature... be sure she doesn't need antibiotics cos temperature shows she is fighting infections.

Please feed her very well.
Introduce formula n not pap.
Let her eat well and drink water well.

A baby shouldn't be on antibiotics 4 dat long.

If u can get "probiotics paediatrician" let her take 3 sachet ( 1 daily with 15mil water) to clear d drugs off her system n help her digestion.....speak 2 ur doctor first about this and about d pu.

Be strong.

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iomoge2(f): 2:17am On May 24, 2017
@whyterose just saw that u introduced formula already.

4 pap... can u wait till 5 months?

The formula, does she take it?
How often do they feed her?
What quantity?

If u need them to increase the frequency pls do
If u need em to make smaller portions every now n den, pls do.

Let her start taking water, plenty, warm, since she has started formula.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 4:24am On May 24, 2017
Jaygrl:
Hey mamas,my son is about 1month old. He throws up Everytime he over feeds and I really do not know how to control the quantity of breast milk he takes in. Sometimes when I feel he has had enough he just keeps crying and turning his head left and right in the most pitiable manner,when I give him more I get the whole breast milk on my cloth. I have been the hospital on 2 occasions we were placed on admission for 5days and he was given antibiotics.

I am really worried because I wonder how he will put on weight with this habit. He also poops say after 2 episodes of breastfeeding,the paediatrician says it is normal though. I am a ftm,I am getting very frustrated with all these. The colic thing isn't helping matters too

So I am wondering if anyone has had same experience,let me know how it was resolved. PLEASE MAMAS HELP ME Ooooo
Try to hold her still and in a head up position for like 10 mins after feeding, don't dance or move her too vigorously. I think it has more to do with the size of their stomachs. Or you could take frequent breaks in between feeds where you just make her sit up for a minute before you continue feeding.

Why was she admitted for 5 days tho, they only kept my baby overnight cuz they thought it was an infection and when the result of her blood work came out clear the next day we were discharged.

As for the colic thing, it's just a phase that's going to pass, your baby can handle it. Don't let yourself get frustrated, what I usually do is to google her symptoms, if you do you would find so many mums that have been in the exact same situation and it kinda helps you feel better.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 4:38am On May 24, 2017

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 4:58am On May 24, 2017
Jaygrl:

Do you always burp him after feeding?
You need to.
Vomiting is inevitable when you dont burp...i personally had to learn this the hard way.
While feeding, pause & burp at intervals then continue feeding. Also remember to burp immediately after.
Do not jiggle or toss him around immediately after eating.

You need to watch out for signs that he's full:- Like if he stops sucking, removes his mouth and turns away his head persistently.

You can try expressing & bottle feeding so you can figure out how much he eats, then take it from there.

Crying & turning his head left & right after feeding might be for other reasons like sleep, heat, wet diaper, urge to poop, colic etc and not necessarily food.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by erne: 6:49am On May 24, 2017
GHANA SHEA-BUTTER FOR SALE

- It is RAW;
- It is UNREFINED;
- It is GRADE A, Shea-Butter;
- It is made from the finest Shea seeds from Ghana.

IT TREATS THE FOLLOWING:

- Treats Dry skin, eczema, infant eczema, Rashes

- Treats dark spots, stretch mark , burns, lessens the irritation in psoriasis,

- Removes wrinkles, blemishes, Diaper rash, scars & skin discolorations;

- Moisturizes and Heals Skin - relieves symptoms of extreme dryness, eczema, dermatitis, athletic foot and skin allergies

- Anti-inflammatory Properties .Provides Pain relief from swelling and arthritis.

- It reliefs from cold and catarrh

- It is anti-aging; it slows down the aging process.

PRICE: #1,000. PER PACK.
TO PLACE YOUR ORDER(S),
Call / WhatsApp: 08139458588.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 6:56am On May 24, 2017
Whyterose:
Antibiotics sometimes gives babies diarrhea. You might want to be sure that's not the culprit
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 7:45am On May 24, 2017
Gaily04:
@Prettyhurts, longest time no see. Happy Birthday to your princess.

Thanks dear
rofemiguwa:
Happy birthday prettyhurts mini me.may God bless u greatly.

Thanks dear. I'm grateful
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by voucher(f): 8:05am On May 24, 2017
enque:

How often does he poo normally??
My DD used to poop once in 6 days and she is fine...

About twice a day...
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tippex(f): 9:27am On May 24, 2017
@sugah, ah the struggle to lose weight is real. I have lost 6kilos and still have 9kg to go, no be small matter at all. Is the Keto diet working? i am also on a no carb diet for now and the weight is gradually coming off.

I thought i was the one that didn't like hosting parties! I have found a sister in you grin. I am not just cut out for that wahala for a one year old birthday. School fees is not even smiling in this part of lagos i live so i have my priorities right.

@chanbaby, What was the woman thinking? its only at weddings you are dashed money o, nobody send you for birthday.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tippex(f): 9:51am On May 24, 2017
Wowwww, you are a supermom @Zaynie!!

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Abahbee(f): 9:53am On May 24, 2017
Mama's in the house.I need help! My 6months old baby has refused to eat anything. She stopped breastfeeding herself wen she was 4months,I was expressing,until I ran short of milk,I introduce formula until she was 5months plus b4 I introduced pap(maize,G/corn & soya beans),She was taking it well. Suddenly,she is rejecting it. She is losing weight n is quite frustrating. I have given her other foods(Custard,Cerelac,home made food), still the same story.I need help. plsssss help
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lawvlypearl(f): 10:00am On May 24, 2017
Gaily04.... winkmama you too much, thanks for the birthday greetings, wow! You followed up, you're the realest MVP kiss, don't mind being in your team next missionary journey cheesy grin, I'm here oo, Na to type lazy me. Kizzez.
Lo got sick and was admitted days to her birthday and she refused to snap with cake too, cried all through,she's better now. We thank God

Gaily04:
@lawvlyPearl, wataguan? Why have you gone on exile? miss you loads.
Happy Birthday to your princess. plenty kisses from us.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Seun(m): 10:53am On May 24, 2017
Abahbee:
Mama's in the house.I need help! My 6months old baby has refused to eat anything. She stopped breastfeeding herself wen she was 4months,I was expressing,until I ran short of milk,I introduce formula until she was 5months plus b4 I introduced pap(maize,G/corn & soya beans),She was taking it well. Suddenly,she is rejecting it. She is losing weight n is quite frustrating. I have given her other foods(Custard,Cerelac,home made food), still the same story.I need help. plsssss help
Please take her to a hospital right away. Weight loss by a baby is a very bad sign. If you can afford it, and she accepts it, go back to formula.

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ebonyjoke(f): 10:57am On May 24, 2017
Make sure you burp him after feed. Also Gripe water about 2.5ml up to every 8 hours intervals will help with the colic
Make sure u feed in upright position and dont allow him rush his food at once no matter ow much he cries.
Jaygrl:

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by luscioustrish(f): 11:01am On May 24, 2017
All these mamas with 2 or more kids are trying oh shocked

I have only one and I'm complaining

Kudos to mummy zaynie,Chanbaby and the rest kiss
October 2016 mamas how Una dey o?...any alert? grin.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 11:03am On May 24, 2017
tippex:

@sugah, ah the struggle to lose weight is real. I have lost 6kilos and still have 9kg to go, no be small matter at all. Is the Keto diet working? i am also on a no carb diet for now and the weight is gradually coming off.

I thought i was the one that didn't like hosting parties! I have found a sister in you grin. I am not just cut out for that wahala for a one year old birthday. School fees is not even smiling in this part of lagos i live so i have my priorities right.

@cha.nbaby, What was the woman thinking? its only at weddings you are dashed money o, nobody send you for birthday.

Keto diet is low carb high fat. IV lost 7kg and 2dress sizes so far. But I'm too stressed to add exercises so my weight loss is slow.. I plan to lose 12 more kg and wear size 6/8.

Hmm! My wedding sef I wanted only 30 close family and friends.... but if you have that kind of plan then don't marry a Yoruba man. grin

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 11:15am On May 24, 2017
sugah:

Keto diet is low carb high fat. IV lost 7kg and 2dress sizes so far. But I'm too stressed to add exercises so my weight loss is slow.. I plan to lose 12 more kg and wear size 6/8.

Hmm! My wedding sef I wanted only 30 close family and friends.... but if you have that kind of plan then don't marry a Yoruba man. grin

How long have you been on the diet? I wish I could loose 7kg mehn! I've only lost 3kg with exercise o.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 11:32am On May 24, 2017
jazzyjazz:

How long have you been on the diet? I wish I could loose 7kg mehn! I've only lost 3kg with exercise o.
I started with the nursing mothers plan when my baby clocked 6 months (3months ago) and lost 6kg in 2 weeks but I did not lose anything again until last week when I started the full keto. Lost 1kg in 1 week.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 11:35am On May 24, 2017
sugah:

I started with the nursing mothers plan when my baby clocked 6 months (3months ago) and lost 6kg in 2 weeks but I did not lose anything again until last week when I started the full keto. Lost 1kg in 1 week.
Wow
Let me just endure till my son clocks 6 months
But my issue with Keri is, what happens after you've reached your goal? I mean one can't keto all her life na

Did it so reduce stomach fat? That seems to be my nemesis right now
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 12:00pm On May 24, 2017
jazzyjazz:

Wow
Let me just endure till my son clocks 6 months
But my issue with Keto is, what happens after you've reached your goal? I mean one can't keto all her life na

Did it so reduce stomach fat? That seems to be my nemesis right now
You go into maintenance. You up your carb intake to about 100-150g a day. Or you can do normal foods once a week​. Lemme get to that phase first grin
My tummy is going down but I don't do the plank exercise that targets the stomach and abs.

(1) (2) (3) ... (913) (914) (915) (916) (917) (918) (919) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.