Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,268 members, 7,815,450 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:38 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (985) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4399089 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (982) (983) (984) (985) (986) (987) (988) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 10:25am On Jun 30, 2017
If her body is hot you may want to take her to the hospital just to check. Oyinbo people inside google said teething shouldn't come with fever.
My baby had slight fever (also at night that goes in the morning) with cattarh and cough and we tested and saw he had malaria. Now he has all the symptoms but no fever again

AbbynHummy:
and her body is hot, especially at night, she has cattarh, and coug also, hubby thinks she is sick and not jux teething alone..is ur baby's body hot too
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Graciouscharis: 10:26am On Jun 30, 2017
nicoleswizzi:

What causes this bow leg sef...is lack of d right vaccine or what...

So many things causes it.
1. Lack of vit D and calcium.
2. Blount's disease.
3. Putting pressure on the leg or forcing the baby to bear weight on the leg when the baby is not ready. This includes early use of walkers.
4. Overweight in babies.
5. Hereditary.

1,3,4 can correct with proper management.

Majority of all these are caused by the baby carers. Sometimes I wonder why new moms will not allow their babies to grow normally. Some try to use them to satisfy their useless egos.
Why are you putting a 4-6 months old baby to stand or putting a 2 months old baby to sit? Where are you rushing to? The baby's bones are not fully developed at birth. It's soft and can easily be shaped or disfigured and forcing some of these things will create problems for them later on.
Nowadays you see 10 year olds complaining of waist pain, lumbar this and that, these children never start life ooo. Please mamas, they major thing you need to do for a 0-3 months old baby is tummy time and body massage. If you get this right, you won't need to train your baby to for two weeks and they sit upright and helps them to crawl.
Forget all those people that boast that their baby walked at 5 months or started sitting at 2 months. It doesn't make them much better it just boosts the parents useless ego. Every child will still reach that milestone. Some start sitting their babies at 2 months but the child will get a hang of it at 5 months while some of us starts at 3-4 months and within one week the baby is a pro.
I don't even want to talk about some of the heavy shoes some mamas wear their babies in the name of fashion.

These are my personal opinion, anyone can choose to raise their child however they choose.

Please, @ nicoleswizzi, I'm not saying you do all these, I had to quote you because of your question.

15 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 10:28am On Jun 30, 2017
Baby Centre says pull your baby up from2 months, Yoruba mamas say 4/5 months depending on baby's gender. My baby started struggling to sit from 3 months so I started once he showed interest

Long story short I thing you should wait till 4 months except the child shows interest in sitting earlier

Naomi14:
Mamas, please when can I start putting my baby in sitting position.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MizMyColi(f): 10:30am On Jun 30, 2017
FexCathy:

Tanks dear. Would love to see the pix o!

Oya PM me grin
I no get before o
na after pictures I get. cheesy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 10:31am On Jun 30, 2017
If it's that kind of struggle to poo I guess it doesn't hurt to help

He was 4.3 at birth so I'm used to his weight already, I only remember he is big when I see other babies his age or older grin

wholesomegrace:

KK, cos sometimes, I see lo straining hard to pass out hard stool, and the tip of the stool will come out and go back inside cos of the hardness. I feel the vaseline will provide lubrication and will ease the pain and discomfort. Warm water also helps

On the walker, babies milestones can also be used, i.e mine also includes that baby should be able to sit unaided or without assistance. You can use this as a yard stick since some babies achieve these milestones faster. I tried putting mine into the walker when he was still struggling with sitting on his own around 4 months plus and his chest will hit the front of the walker, so my mum will put a wrapper as a cushion to make it more comfortable for him, he liked it but i just stopped and waited a few weeks after till he had better coordination. I don't also leave my lo beyond 20 minutes per time inside the walker, it was stated as a warning on the manual so me just dey follow them

Your lo is big o, how do you cope? mine is just shy of 9kg at 7 months plus and my arms ache when i carry him for just few minutes
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FexCathy: 10:34am On Jun 30, 2017
ciscamustexcel:
but dis leg nor bad Na. He will outgrow it. I have seen worse legs that straightened up. Just keep ur hands in prayers and give the right diet

@ Ciscamustexcel, tanks dear. I don get plenty hope.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by wholesomegrace: 10:36am On Jun 30, 2017
hunniesuzie:
If it's that kind of struggle to poo I guess it doesn't hurt to help

He was 4.3 at birth so I'm used to his weight already, I only remember he is big when I see other babies his age or older grin

Tohhhhhh, no wonder. Na big baby right from birth of a truth.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FexCathy: 10:39am On Jun 30, 2017
MizMyColi:

Oya PM me grin
I no get before o
na after pictures I get. cheesy

My dear, PM na still the same as send e-mail message? I just sent an e-mail message. Nor vex jare na JJC things jare.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MizMyColi(f): 10:41am On Jun 30, 2017
FexCathy:

My dear, PM na still the same as send e-mail message? I just sent an e-mail message. Nor vex jare na JJC things jare.

lol
check check
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Fyngal1(f): 10:48am On Jun 30, 2017
nicoleswizzi:
hmmmm I fink this happens to people that do strictly ebf...one av to becareful wen stopping so u won't take in wen u dnt want to

Not really. i didn't do EBF but i'm 9months post partum and no period yet.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 10:49am On Jun 30, 2017
Graciouscharis:

So many things causes it.
1. Lack of vit D and calcium.
2. Blount's disease.
3. Putting pressure on the leg or forcing the baby to bear weight on the leg when the baby is not ready. This includes early use of walkers.
4. Overweight in babies.
5. Hereditary.

1,3,4 can correct with proper management.

Majority of all these are caused by the baby carers. Sometimes I wonder why new moms will not allow their babies to grow normally. Some try to use them to satisfy their useless egos.
Why are you putting a 4-6 months old baby to stand or putting a 2 months old baby to sit? Where are you rushing to? The baby's bones are not fully developed at birth. It's soft and can easily be shaped or disfigured and forcing some of these things will create problems for them later on.
Nowadays you see 10 year olds complaining of waist pain, lumbar this and that, these children never start life ooo. Please mamas, they major thing you need to do for a 0-3 months old baby is tummy time and body massage. If you get this right, you won't need to train your baby to for two weeks and they sit upright and helps them to crawl.
Forget all those people that boast that their baby walked at 5 months or started sitting at 2 months. It doesn't make them much better it just boosts the parents useless ego. Every child will still reach that milestone. Some start sitting their babies at 2 months but the child will get a hang of it at 5 months while some of us starts at 3-4 months and within one week the baby is a pro.
I don't even want to talk about some of the heavy shoes some mamas wear their babies in the name of fashion.

These are my personal opinion, anyone can choose to raise their child however they choose.

Please, @ nicoleswizzi, I'm not saying you do all these, I had to quote you because of your question.

Valid points u raised here....

I remember my mum worrying that my daughter wasn't bearing her weight on her legs fully at 3 months....and that she didn't have total head control too at 3 months. My dad even made a comment that I was over-petting my then 4 month old when he saw me using pillows to support her, cos he felt she should be sitting well at that age (4 months).
I didn't get angry o (I know my parents well enough not to get angry at their comments anymore grin), and neither did I worry. Me and my pikin kuku de do our thing slow and steadily.. smiley

Now at 7 months, they are even the ones praising my dd now that she is super strong and growing well.

One thing I have learnt is that you should let kids grow at their own pace. Because Lagbaja's daughter reached some milestones at a certain age, doesn't mean that it will be same with yours. Babies are all wired differently, and they will all eventually walk, run, jump, climd or whatever it is that they are supposed to do.

At the salon few days ago, my stylist said....'Zara (my lo) never dey waka?? my pikin waka for 7 months o!' I just laughed and said 'Madam, when time reach she go waka'...shikena! End of discussion!!

I wee nor let somebody coman gimme headache over what will eventually happen later..

15 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by chychy4us: 10:56am On Jun 30, 2017
jazzyjazz:

I'm trying to gather moral to make my own pap.
Make I continue to psych myself

I ll break the jinx for this my baby no 3, I must make pap grin
I have use my eye to count all these local engines in my area.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:05am On Jun 30, 2017
Thanks ma'am
enque:

I started with my daughter at 4 months
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:26am On Jun 30, 2017
Okay thanks ma'am!
hunniesuzie:
Baby Centre says pull your baby up from2 months, Yoruba mamas say 4/5 months depending on baby's gender. My baby started struggling to sit from 3 months so I started once he showed interest

Long story short I thing you should wait till 4 months except the child shows interest in sitting earlier

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zimunachimdi: 11:43am On Jun 30, 2017
olubankemi:

I think it's written in the golden morn pack; not for infants and toddlers.

That is my fear dear. how are the twins?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by gwng: 12:02pm On Jun 30, 2017
gwng:
HandsFree Pumping Bra for 6K ONLY. CALL/WHATSAPP 09053629994 FOR ORDER. PAYMENT ON DELIVERY AVAILABLE ALL OVER NIGERIA.

Available in two (2) adjustable sizes Medium & Large. View Pics of Size Chart Below (Medium: White Area & Large: Pink Area)

Especially useful for women who own a two in one electric breast pump. Helps you multitask
Adjustable straps to make you comfortable when you wear it. You can adjust to get the right fitting for yourself.
Comes with bra extenders just in case you realize that you added some post-partum fat and you shouldn’t get a larger size, simply use the extender.
U shaped back, offering firm support even when breast pumps are working and collection cups are filled up
A bra u can wear when not pumping and very easy to put on
Perfect to run errands around the house while you pump
Fabric is soft and made to be comfortable
Rightly aligned holes that match universal breast pump flange size. Designed to work with all major breast pump manufacturers
Tightly secures the pump flanges so you don’t have push them against your chest to get milk to flow
Material is light, non-sweaty and stretchy; you can pull aside and nurse easily
Extra soft and suitable for sleeping in case you have to wake up and pump at night
With this Bra, your hands can remain free to do other things while you extract milk for your baby.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by gwng: 12:03pm On Jun 30, 2017
gwng:
Contact 09053629994 or 09098642287 for details or orders!!!

New Arrival!!! Kinyo Double SuperFast Electric Breast Pump FOR ONLY 27K PROMO PRICE!!! With Battery Case Bonus FREE (allows you use the pump without power supply)!!!

Regular Price: 30,000
Promo Price: 27,000 (with COMPLEMENTARY BATTERY CASE)

Buy yours while promo lasts!!!

Watch video on pump here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcVyNsSXKtY

Contact 09053629994 for details or orders!!!

If you want a product that is fast, gets the job done quickly, light weight and easy to carry, then Kinyo Superfast Electric breast pump is exactly what you need. You can either plug your pump into the mains when you’re at home, or use with batteries when you want to express away from home.
Most Breast Pumps around have a pressure pump rate of 80 – 200 mmHg. The Kinyo Superfast breast pump capacity ranges from 130mmHg to 340mmHg; this means it is extra fast, yet gentle on you. It is light and easy to carry around, delivering high pumping capacity that gets the job done quickly, quietly and gently.

Manufactured in China, to American Standards. Backed by 12 Months Warranty.

Contact 09053629994 or 09098642287 for details or orders!!!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 12:11pm On Jun 30, 2017
One day our puff puff will look like this, amen?

Cc Jazzyjazz, Giddyperson

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 12:18pm On Jun 30, 2017
hunniesuzie:
You that your LO is older and bigger than mine. E no go "size" am oh. Seriously though I googled the thing and read that paediatricians advise against it sef

cheesy cheesy cheesy
I read about paediatricians advising against it too
But my elder sister has been saying she wants to buy it for her "nephew" *rolls eyes*
Na it I say make she bring the money grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 12:19pm On Jun 30, 2017
hunniesuzie:

The one I made last night was close to it grin

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 12:22pm On Jun 30, 2017
Naomi14:
Mamas, please when can I start putting my baby in sitting position.

Put her when you feel she's ready.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 12:27pm On Jun 30, 2017
hunniesuzie:

Lol we are alreAdy there, all I and Jazzyjazz need for our puff puff to look like that, is a professional camera like dooneyskitchen. You guys are making me want to eat puff puff again today but I rebuke you people.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 12:31pm On Jun 30, 2017
Giddyperson:

Lol we are alreAdy there, all I and Jazzyjazz need for our puff puff to look like that, is a professional camera like dooneyskitchen. You guys are making me want to eat puff puff again today but I rebuke you people.

cheesy cheesy cheesy
My people had the puff puff for breakfast o with tea cheesy

They liked the first one so much they requested for more
Dh said he wanted his own for breakfast
My FIL who is diabetic said I must do for him too. So I kukuma do sugarless puff puff for him and he loved it
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Fyngal1(f): 12:44pm On Jun 30, 2017
it's obvious that the bread eating crew has migrated to puff puff land. issokay.

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ciscamustexcel(f): 12:45pm On Jun 30, 2017
nicoleswizzi:
.I fink u shd start with cutting d hair so u cn threat the scalp
as for me that is what is on my mind oh but hubby and MIL said no but still considering it cos I know at the end of the day all the hair will still pull off. Thanks my sister.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 12:48pm On Jun 30, 2017
jazzyjazz:

cheesy cheesy cheesy
My people had the puff puff for breakfast o with tea cheesy

They liked the first one so much they requested for more
Dh said he wanted his own for breakfast
My FIL who is diabetic said I must do for him too. So I kukuma do sugarless puff puff for him and he loved it
See what you've been missing. I hope to keep stumbling across more easy food ideas on this thread cheesy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 12:56pm On Jun 30, 2017
Giddyperson:

See what you've been missing. I hope to keep stumbling across more easy food ideas on this thread cheesy

Hehehehe
Yes o
I like to try to make food or snacks that I've never made before on my own.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 12:57pm On Jun 30, 2017
Fyngal1:
it's obvious that the bread eating crew has migrated to puff puff land. issokay.

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 1:20pm On Jun 30, 2017
Lol, I haven't even started. My own is just to eat...Jazzyjazz your puffpuff game is 100% oh, now now fa!

Giddyperson:

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jun 30, 2017
This looks nice!
jazzyjazz:

The one I made last night was close to it grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rhemy2013(f): 1:56pm On Jun 30, 2017
Pls mummy's,my baby is having catarrh with block nose.am giving him vitC buh I dnt think is working for him.pls any other remedy.he is 2month+.
Cc jazzyjazz, hunniesuzie, AlphaHandMaiden, eque and other experience mama kiss
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Akorkor(f): 1:58pm On Jun 30, 2017
[quote author=enque

At the salon few days ago, my stylist said....'Zara (my lo) never dey waka?? my pikin waka for 7 months o!' I just laughed and said 'Madam, when time reach she go waka'...shikena! End of discussion!!

I wee nor let somebody coman gimme headache over what will eventually happen later..[/quote]

Baby waka at 7 months!!!! Chai!!! Some people will not surprise me with the way they tafia in children's growth. Biko what's her own. Am so vexing

(1) (2) (3) ... (982) (983) (984) (985) (986) (987) (988) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.