Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,753 members, 7,827,772 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:50 PM

Boko Haram Bombs Jail, Frees Detained Members - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Bombs Jail, Frees Detained Members (15468 Views)

Nigeria Government Yield To Boko Haram Releases Detained Members / Boko Haram Bombs Mosque In Maiduguri, 6 Killed / Breakingnews: Islamic Boko Haram Bombs Enugu Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Bombs Jail, Frees Detained Members by topeorekoy(m): 1:47pm On Jun 24, 2012
Police sources said suspected Boko Haram gunmen staged a daring attack on the Damaturu prison on Gashua Road, freeing several inmates around 6:00 AM.

Residents told Reporters that sounds of sporadic gunshots still permeate the area. The Joint Task Force (JTF) forces had engaged in a fierce gunfight with the sect during the week leading to capture and execution of a leading Boko Haram commander, an army private, Habib Bama.
Re: Boko Haram Bombs Jail, Frees Detained Members by nduchucks: 2:03pm On Jun 24, 2012
This is an embarrassment to the President, lets hope he addresses the development in his "chat" tonight.

An Account

4 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Bombs Jail, Frees Detained Members by 9jaIhail(m): 2:16pm On Jun 24, 2012
ndu_chucks: This is an embarrassment to the President, lets hope he addresses the development in his "chat" tonight.

An Account

Sharap Ndu_goat, reading your comments always get me annoyed,what is wrong with you man,must you call Gej in every madness that your northern elite started?

If Gej give order to security to destroy north like OBJ destroyed Odi all of you goats alike will ask for his head.My advice to you is talk to your brothers BH or learn how to live with it.Whatever evil men does live withing him period.

14 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Bombs Jail, Frees Detained Members by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jun 24, 2012
topeorekoy: Police sources said suspected Boko Haram gunmen staged a daring attack on the Damaturu prison on Gashua Road, freeing several inmates around 6:00 AM.

Residents told Reporters that sounds of sporadic gunshots still permeate the area. The Joint Task Force (JTF) forces had engaged in a fierce gunfight with the sect during the week leading to capture and execution of a leading Boko Haram commander, an army private, Habib Bama.

topeorekoya..com
If you wanna be an armchair journalist continue using free web-hosting to pass rumors.
Re: Boko Haram Bombs Jail, Frees Detained Members by topeorekoy(m): 2:56pm On Jun 24, 2012
Billyonaire: If you wanna be an armchair journalist continue using free web-hosting to pass rumors.

Do not worry, this is just a stage.

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Bombs Jail, Frees Detained Members by naptu2: 2:59pm On Jun 24, 2012
BREAKING NEWS!!! Boko Haram bombs prison in Damaturu

Written by Online Editor

| Print | E-mail

Sunday, 24 June 2012

Damaturu Prison, on Sunday morning was rocked by explosives.

The bombing was suspected to have been carried out by Boko Haram members.

The bombing, it was gathered was as a result of an attempt by the Islamist group to free its imprisoned members.

One prison warden was said to have been injured in the attack, but no information yet on the number of inmates freed.

More details later.

http://tribune.com.ng/sun/news/7711-breaking-news-boko-haram-bombs-prison-in-damaturu
Re: Boko Haram Bombs Jail, Frees Detained Members by nduchucks: 3:10pm On Jun 24, 2012
9ja_I_hail:

Sharap Ndu_chucks, reading your comments always get me annoyed,what is wrong with you man,must you call Gej in every madness that your northern elite started?

If Gej give order to security to destroy north like OBJ destroyed Odi all of you goats alike will ask for his head.My advice to you is talk to your brothers BH or learn how to live with it.Whatever evil men does live withing him period.

You have my sympathies. I didn't realize that you are one of the emotional weaklins who get all twisted out of shape by reading NL posts. pele o

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Bombs Jail, Frees Detained Members by 9jaIhail(m): 3:25pm On Jun 24, 2012
ndu_chucks:

You have my sympathies. I didn't realize that you are one of the emotional weaklins who get all twisted out of shape by reading NL posts. pele o

Why did you change that goat i used for u to chucks? grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Bombs Jail, Frees Detained Members by Lilspicer(f): 3:41pm On Jun 24, 2012
NAiraland kids una no go killme sum of una don marry self yet una still dey misbehave y dont u mind ur businnes on sumone's post-ODE'S
Re: Boko Haram Bombs Jail, Frees Detained Members by SkyBlue1: 3:42pm On Jun 24, 2012
The incompetency surrounding all handling of Boko Haram issues is alarming. I find it hard to believe there is no complicity within the force. If this is the issue, start sending Boko Haram prisoners to the South or somewhere like kiri kiri. This whole story of prisoners escaping every other week has gone beyond silly. It is just plain incompetence. Send them to the South while information is extracted from them!

4 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Bombs Jail, Frees Detained Members by nairalady(f): 3:45pm On Jun 24, 2012
prison break season 10..lol grin
This country sef

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Bombs Jail, Frees Detained Members by ANTITRIBALISM(m): 3:46pm On Jun 24, 2012
Nothing is new about boko haram.
Re: Boko Haram Bombs Jail, Frees Detained Members by folowo(m): 3:46pm On Jun 24, 2012
May God save us o. Na dem dey destroy demself . You see that very soon they wont have anything in northern part again. They would have destroyed their ppl and little resources they have. What a pity. . .

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Bombs Jail, Frees Detained Members by Omexonomy: 3:47pm On Jun 24, 2012
ndu_chucks: This is an embarrassment to the President, lets hope he addresses the development in his "chat" tonight.

An Account
How is it an embarrasment 2 gej. May be gej should wear warder uniform carring gun, holding a big black batton and be guiding the whole prison in nigera b4 you people will be satisfied

4 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Bombs Jail, Frees Detained Members by nasty45(m): 3:50pm On Jun 24, 2012
Mtchew,just passing....abeg mk tym for match do reach,,,,i have tired...lol
Re: Boko Haram Bombs Jail, Frees Detained Members by actionj: 3:52pm On Jun 24, 2012
This is ridiculous, where are we heading to in this country.
Re: Boko Haram Bombs Jail, Frees Detained Members by qualified(f): 3:54pm On Jun 24, 2012
I'm not surprised at all, that some dumb-ass has already started calling d president instead of them addressing d issue. Why is all bad news always coming from one region alone?

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Bombs Jail, Frees Detained Members by 9zeros(m): 3:55pm On Jun 24, 2012
relax, jonah is in control... he will SACK d prison comptroller.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Bombs Jail, Frees Detained Members by 9zeros(m): 3:57pm On Jun 24, 2012
Lilspicer: NAiraland kids una no go killme sum of una don marry self yet una still dey misbehave y dont u mind ur businnes on sumone's post-ODE'S
lmao!
Re: Boko Haram Bombs Jail, Frees Detained Members by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jun 24, 2012
It was an error of judgement to have kept BH fanatics in Damaturu prison. What happens to the secret prison built exclusively for BH?

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Bombs Jail, Frees Detained Members by boysy(m): 4:02pm On Jun 24, 2012
Nairalanders are fun of using abusive words on pple on trivial issue simply because everyone is faceless. Dis makes me easily upset whenever I login to NL. No respect to human value at all. Coming to jail break. I wish is high time Security agency to start executing any boko haram member caught after all d useful in4mation av been extracted from them. Imaging d number of dis animal set freed again to continue their killing of innocent pple. Who knows whether is another conspiracy to free them just like Kabiru Sokoto.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Bombs Jail, Frees Detained Members by ochukoccna: 4:02pm On Jun 24, 2012
Well change of tactics this time
No bombed out churches today yet
Probably them need new bombers, so the jailbreak embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Bombs Jail, Frees Detained Members by ochukoccna: 4:03pm On Jun 24, 2012
Well change of tactics this time
No bombed out churches today yet
Probably them need new bombers, so the jailbreak embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
This is a bad time to be a security officer posted up country

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Bombs Jail, Frees Detained Members by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jun 24, 2012
HONESTLY IM SOOO EXHAUSTED WITH THIS BOKO HARAM ISSUE....
Re: Boko Haram Bombs Jail, Frees Detained Members by Cleanman(m): 4:04pm On Jun 24, 2012
9-zeros:
relax, jonah is in control... he will sack d prison controller.
u one funny man.

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Bombs Jail, Frees Detained Members by flexya: 4:09pm On Jun 24, 2012
Sky Blue: The incompetency surrounding all handling of Boko Haram issues is alarming. I find it hard to believe there is no complicity within the force. If this is the issue, start sending Boko Haram prisoners to the South or somewhere like kiri kiri. This whole story of prisoners escaping every other week has gone beyond silly. It is just plain incompetence. Send them to the South while information is extracted from them!

Not possible at the moment because our (anti) terrorism laws are still in the victorian days. Do u realise that terrorism offences are still bailable in Nigerian courts in the same fashion as a car thief? We av not amended our laws 2 reflect modern times despite events of/since 9-11 and the menace of BH on our soil. So in accordance wit the law of nigeria, a judge who has a terrorist suspect in front of him, will bail or remand such in a prison within his jurisdiction (ie State) pendin prosecution unless the lawyers both argue and agree 2 an alternative eg police stn/SSS office. This must also be within the courts jurisdiction/State. A suspect can only be "taken 2 the South" before he takes the plea in court. After that, hands are tied. So its the National assembly that needs 2 act. I guess when a senator gets blown up and the suspect is released on bail, they will realise the lacuna in the current laws.

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Bombs Jail, Frees Detained Members by Olaolufred(m): 4:09pm On Jun 24, 2012
9-zeros:
relax, jonah is in control... he will sack d prison controller.

That is solution no. 1

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Bombs Jail, Frees Detained Members by Arysexy(m): 4:13pm On Jun 24, 2012
left for me, those boko animals should be kept in a secrete island far away from their locality with maximum fortified fence. imagine d havoc these escaping beasts wil cause in the nearest future. D psrison comptroller and officers in charge should be sacked immediately. no room for laxity. JTF are out there trying their best while prison officials are sleeping on duty. SMH! embarassed

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Bombs Jail, Frees Detained Members by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jun 24, 2012
If bomb explodes in any church again, please christian youths should bomb or burn any mosque around their vacinity. I SAID SO!!

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Bombs Jail, Frees Detained Members by SkyBlue1: 4:18pm On Jun 24, 2012
flexya:

Not possible at the moment because our (anti) terrorism laws are still in the victorian days. Do u realise that terrorism offences are still bailable in Nigerian courts in the same fashion as a car thief? We av not amended our laws 2 reflect modern times despite events of/since 9-11 and the menace of BH on our soil. So in accordance wit the law of nigeria, a judge who has a terrorist suspect in front of him, will bail or remand such in a prison within his jurisdiction (ie State) pendin prosecution unless the lawyers both argue and agree 2 an alternative eg police stn/SSS office. This must also be within the courts jurisdiction/State. A suspect can only be "taken 2 the South" before he takes the plea in court. After that, hands are tied. So its the National assembly that needs 2 act. I guess when a senator gets blown up and the suspect is released on bail, they will realise the lacuna in the current laws.

Then perhaps that is what needs to happen. Transport the suspects to a safer region before making them take a plea in court. With regards to the National Assembly, I don't even know how many members know what role they can play in solution to the crisis. Regardless, I had rather they focus on fuel subsidy so they don't think it is forgotten. I am tired of this habit of jumping from one crisis to another and solving nothing.
Re: Boko Haram Bombs Jail, Frees Detained Members by LocalChamp: 4:26pm On Jun 24, 2012
UPDATED: Boko Haram Breaks Into Damaturu Jail, Freeing Detained Members
Posted: June 24, 2012 - 13:26
Posted by siteadmin

caption: Habib Bama
By SaharaReporters, New York
Police sources said suspected Boko Haram gunmen staged a daring attack on the Damaturu prison on Gashua Road, freeing several inmates around 6:00 AM.

Residents told SaharaReporters that sounds of sporadic gunshots still permeate the area. The Joint Task Force (JTF) forces had engaged in a fierce gunfight with the sect during the week leading to capture and execution of a leading Boko Haram commander, an army private, Habib Bama.

UPDATES: Police spokesperson Frank Mba has confirmed to Saharareporters that unknown gunmen staged a jailbreak today in Damaturu. He stated that they freed about 40 inmates, injured a prison warder and that one fleeing inmate was killed in a gunfight.

Police and soldiers are reportedly on the trail of the attackers. He said that the police is reaching out to local residents to call police in case they find fleeing prisoners

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/boko-haram-breaks-damaturu-jail-freeing-detained-members

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Stop Buhari From Addressing 73rd General Assembly, Frank Writes UN / Ijaw, Itsekiri Unite Against Oil Companies, 20 Years After Warri War / Governor Ikpeazu Slashes Salaries Of All Political Appointees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.