Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,064 members, 7,852,607 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 09:35 PM

Android, Anyone? Part II - Phones (108) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android, Anyone? Part II (975526 Views)

Where Can I Get The Oneplus One Android. Anyone? / Icmp Isssh Android Anyone droid vpn + bis? / Android, Anyone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (601) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by KazeKage1: 11:13am On May 17, 2013
joeydozzy: how do you guys hold yourself from these techno peeps?

I'm really tryimg here angry
LOOOOOL! grin grin grin
Just ignore them.
Oh and if you're looking for a REALLY awesome game with very cool graphics and all, i'll advice you to download RavenSword 2. This game is IT and then some. It's like having Skyrim (if you've played it) on your tablet/phone.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by puskin: 11:38am On May 17, 2013

They have their own budget, you have yours.
Because you can muscle out about 80k to get a high end smartphone doesn't mean everyone can do likewise.

The basic thing is.....they are catching their groove on the android flavour.

4 Likes

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by shosky1794: 2:19pm On May 17, 2013

The fact that you don't use one does not make you a better person. I guess it's our black mentality that makes us want to think or speak the way you've done.
I bet with your 150K phone, you still cannot use all of the functions of the phone. So what's of the fuss about your so called expensive phone.

3 Likes

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Toroze(m): 2:35pm On May 17, 2013
^^ help me tell am oh

1 Like

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by mhozzis(m): 2:36pm On May 17, 2013
What could be wrong with my galaxy s2.

I was able to flash CM9.1 custom rom successfully but i got problems when i tried to revert back to the stock rom. It would'nt boot.

I've taken it to a guy who flashed it and it worked but i abandoned it for like a month only for me to want to use it today it could'nt boot again.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 2:45pm On May 17, 2013
This S2 will enter hall of fame on NL

the number of stories iv heard from u on this same S2 ehn? .........

1 Like

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by KazeKage1: 2:51pm On May 17, 2013
You guys really need to calm down.

@Puskin
Your argument is actually one-sided and he's actually making sense in a way. You buy an android phone running stock GB with low-end hardware and expect the phone to multitask, run high-end HD games and when it doesn't, you cry fowl - my phone hangs, how do i install CR, why can't my phone do this/that? There's NO black-mentality or down-talk here.

Can you provide first-level support for Techno phones?

He might simply be pointing out the obvious you're refusing to see. Yes, this is a thread to help people but when common sense can't find its bearing, someone needs to speak.

If i have a 150k phone, it's because i sacrificed a lot to get it, not because i'm Bill Gates' son or have money to throw around.

I want a phone that can do the things a smartphone should be able to do without ANY hiccups whatsoever, not some meet-me-halfway phone that will cause me grief all the time.

2 Likes

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by KazeKage1: 2:55pm On May 17, 2013
4llerbuntu: This S2 will enter hall of fame on NL

I swear. I'll never ever advice anyone to get that phone(branded or unbranded).
My own S2 remains dead and though i've found a video showing how to get it into recovery mode, the tools remain far from me as i can't order them..for now.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by KazeKage1: 3:07pm On May 17, 2013
mhozzis: What could be wrong with my galaxy s2.

I was able to flash CM9.1 custom rom successfully but i got problems when i tried to revert back to the stock rom. It would'nt boot.

I've taken it to a guy who flashed it and it worked but i abandoned it for like a month only for me to want to use it today it couldn't boot again.
If it's a hard brick then we are currently rocking the SAME boat. There's a video on youtube that shows how to un-brick and get it into recovery mode but you'd have to do some unscrewing and re-wiring i think.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by KazeKage1: 3:10pm On May 17, 2013
puskin:

They have their own budget, you have yours.
Because you can muscle out about 80k to get a high end smartphone doesn't mean everyone can do likewise.

The basic thing is.....they are catching their groove on the android flavour.
Not when you now have some of these folks trying to see things an elderly person can see sitting down.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by mhozzis(m): 3:29pm On May 17, 2013
4llerbuntu: This S2 will enter hall of fame on NL

haha me myself don tire o
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 4:10pm On May 17, 2013
who the hell said anything about budget?

see me see wahala. I've used phones from low end to high end phones but when I used those phones, I NEVER NEVER bad mouthed anyone with a high end phone.
I know techno buyers are on a budget but that doesn't give them a right to make other devices feel inferior to them even after someone spent his hard earned money to get it
imagine one saying the n7 is way better than s2, that the s2 has lags and stutters even when clearly the one looking for advice has the budget for even an s3
and it even doesn't stop there

looking at note 3 thread, which was clearly about NOTE 3, they entered with their delusional statements about their phones being the best
one who even asked who wise pass. Like WTF?

they should enjoy the android flavor but they should keep their high end techno businesses to themselves and not convince one to get it

I bet with your 150K phone, you still cannot use all of the functions of the phone. So what's of the fuss about your so called expensive phone.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. I bought a phone cos I wanted it but no they won't stop there. They'd want to know what my phone does that theirs doesn't. They just like to make one look unwise, inferior and ALWAYS COMPARE COMPARE

WHY? angry

2 Likes

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Leopantro: 4:42pm On May 17, 2013
I find it hilarious. I have an N3 but the way people are hyping the phone like its the next big thing God made after agege bread. Android existed way before tecno came out with their android phones. I'm very happy you are experiencing and confessing the joys of android but its still android. Don't you consider it funny that we were once having flame wars with IOS, now we are having flame wars within android.

Haven't gotten tired of it yet if not I would delicate two days of my life to search for an app that would crash tecno phones once they try to run it. Then we can compare which phone is better: already have an app in mind but not strong enough.

So please let them have their fun. Remember you where once at that level?

1 Like

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Leopantro: 4:55pm On May 17, 2013
By the way, would you prefer they compare an N3 to an S3 (are you high?) or a comparison between curve 3 and S3 (forgive them lord for they do not know what they do)

1 Like

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 5:00pm On May 17, 2013
Leopantro: I find it hilarious. I have an N3 but the way people are hyping the phone like its the next big thing God made after agege bread. Android existed way before tecno came out with their android phones. I'm very happy you are experiencing and confessing the joys of android but its still android. Don't you consider it funny that we were once having flame wars with IOS, now we are having flame wars within android.

Haven't gotten tired of it yet if not I would delicate two days of my life to search for an app that would crash tecno phones once they try to run it. Then we can compare which phone is better: already have an app in mind but not strong enough.

So please let them have their fun. Remember you where once at that level?

thanks at least you're being honest
I have no problem with them, I've even recommended some on budget to get the techno phones but once they start the hype and comparison, it ALWAYS gets to me
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by blackweaver(m): 6:09pm On May 17, 2013
As for me and myself, i buy low-end phones, but i just don't have the nerve to buy a tecno phone - at least not for myself sha. Do they talk about tecno phones on xda? 'cos those are the kind of criteria that determine the kind of phone i can buy: custom roms, clockworkmod etc.
Agreed the tecno devices they buy work for them, however they won't work for me so i don't think i'd want one
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by viruz007(m): 6:31pm On May 17, 2013
nna as for the S2 people, na una know wetin una do una phone ooo. Mine is working well, though am eyeing the Note 2.

As for the tecno bruhahaha, abeg i don't wanna be harsh here but as some1 said we paid higher cuz we know what we needed. i started my android experience with a gaga, to a ZTE V9 tab den the S2 and i changed them cuz i know what i wanted. Now that i need the Note 2 is cuz i need something more as some apps i would like to test e.g Facebook Home won't work with my S2. So please don't compare a phone whose processor and clock speed is way behind mine and say it's better cuz it's not.

*drops mic and goes and seats down*

1 Like

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by shosky1794: 7:07pm On May 17, 2013
KazeKage1: You guys really need to calm down.

@Puskin
Your argument is actually one-sided and he's actually making sense in a way. You buy an android phone running stock GB with low-end hardware and expect the phone to multitask, run high-end HD games and when it doesn't, you cry fowl - my phone hangs, how do i install CR, why can't my phone do this/that? There's NO black-mentality or down-talk here.

Can you provide first-level support for Techno phones?

He might simply be pointing out the obvious you're refusing to see. Yes, this is a thread to help people but when common sense can't find its bearing, someone needs to speak.

If i have a 150k phone, it's because i sacrificed a lot to get it, not because i'm Bill Gates' son or have money to throw around.

I want a phone that can do the things a smartphone should be able to do without ANY hiccups whatsoever, not some meet-me-halfway phone that will cause me grief all the time.

If you've got no solution to their problems then I think it's polite to say you don't but putting them down is rude. Most of all these high end phones you so much brag about are only just for status symbol. I'll say it again, I can bet you hardly use up to 65 percent of the phone's functions here in Nigeria.
.... and making sacrifice all in the name of buying a phone(that's so 'Nigerian').

1 Like

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ciphoenix: 7:44pm On May 17, 2013
KazeKage1:
LOOOOOL! grin grin grin
Just ignore them.
Oh and if you're looking for a REALLY awesome game with very cool graphics and all, i'll advice you to download RavenSword 2. This game is IT and then some. It's like having Skyrim (if you've played it) on your tablet/phone.

for real? Gotta check it out
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ciphoenix: 7:45pm On May 17, 2013
texazzpete:

This will at best be marginally successful.

Stupid Google...Samsung already takes 90+ % of the total Android profits. Why not throw HTC a bone here and use the HTC One running stock
the One would've fit more considering the lack of a hardware home key.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by flash77: 7:47pm On May 17, 2013
techfreak: Hi Flash... I bot mine 26,500 here in Enugu last week. Its kul and responsive, ba3 good, i dont game, network good, usability good, etc. For now I havnt encounterd any problem with it
wow, cool to know! But you dont really seem like you were expecting much from it, i would like to game and do other stuff. I need like specific reviews about the tab. Can you drop your number so i can add you on whatsapp??
And also please can you post the full specs? Especially the ram size. Thanks.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by bukahands(m): 7:56pm On May 17, 2013
Leopantro: By the way, would you prefer they compare an N3 to an S3 (are you high?) or a comparison between curve 3 and S3 (forgive them lord for they do not know what they do)

Bro go to N7 thread and see people comparing it to s3. Many people bad mouth peoples with high end phones as if they threw money away. Its in Nigeria u see a person comparing a #200 watch to a #10K watch forgetting there's something called quality. I told them that if u have tecno enjoy it but stop comparing it with samsung high end phones
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by bukahands(m): 8:38pm On May 17, 2013
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by biz2get(m): 11:21pm On May 17, 2013
who knows what price i can get a samsung galaxy s advance
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by puskin: 2:49am On May 18, 2013
joeydozzy:
They just like to make one look unwise, inferior and ALWAYS COMPARE COMPARE

WHY?

If you can't handle it, why you dey go peep inside the thread. grin grin

Better still:

Turn OFF your comparism switch

1 Like

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by FKO1(m): 5:12am On May 18, 2013
puskin:

If you can't handle it, why you dey go peep inside the thread. grin grin

Better still:

Turn OFF your comparism switch
ABI OOO

1 Like

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by blackweaver(m): 9:08am On May 18, 2013
shosky1794:

If you've got no solution to their problems then I think it's polite to say you don't but putting them down is rude. Most of all these high end phones you so much brag about are only just for status symbol. I'll say it again, I can bet you hardly use up to 65 percent of the phone's functions here in Nigeria.
.... and making sacrifice all in the name of buying a phone(that's so 'Nigerian').

emm bros, i think it's more than just about status o. at least for those who are regular on this thread; it's also about being able to get adequate support, software updates etc. I've gone to tecno website before on more than one occasion, i'm yet to see the n3 or the n7 on their website. Granted i don't have a high-end phone, i can afford one but it's not practical, all the same i would rather get a samsung galaxy young than a tecno n7, at least i'm sure of getting a jellybean device. Ice cream Sandwich is so 2 years old,and some of these devices are still coming out with gingerbread!
Well use whatever works for youbut i don't think most of the regulars here use high end phones JUST because of status
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by blackweaver(m): 9:15am On May 18, 2013
but men eyin guys, those tecno people dey post o; 277 pages for the n3 compared to 107 for android; those guys try sha
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by FKO1(m): 10:52am On May 18, 2013
blackweaver: but men eyin guys, those tecno people dey post o; 277 pages for the n3 compared to 107 for android; those guys try sha
THAT WHAT'S HAPPENS WHEN EVERYBODY HELPS EACHOTHER WHENEVER THEY HAVE PROBLEMS AND NO ONE SEES ANOTHERS DEVICE AS BEING INFERIOR TO THEIRS.....

2 Likes

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by KazeKage1: 12:49pm On May 18, 2013
shosky1794:

Go read my post again.
Status symbol? Only people with inferiority complex issues will say this.

1 Like

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by manucho: 1:53pm On May 18, 2013
pls house i need your helps......my android phone started acting up since day before yesterday in the sense that each time i click on my contact to make a call it will say ' The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. Pls what can i do to stop this cos i cant click on contact to make a call and each time a call comes in and i want to answer the call it will be acting up

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (601) (Reply)

Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing / How To Register A New 2go Account On 2go Chat Messenger / Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.